Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Hippocrass
Aug 18, 2015

That third panel of the first comic just makes it. It's still funny if you remove it, but that panel included just makes it top tier.

“From an intuitive perspective, not having a hard, veiny cock on the homepage simply didn’t make any sense,”

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

freeedr
Feb 21, 2005

Jet Jaguar
Feb 12, 2006

Don't touch my bags if you please, Mr Customs Man.

Kenning posted:

Goddamn I love people who have 0 thoughts passing through their brain ever.

"gently caress all of you, let me through!" had some real "gently caress around and find out" energy there that was fulfilled in about 30 seconds.

grittyreboot
Oct 2, 2012

When I started going to public high school I mentioned going to a Catholic grade school. One of the teachers asked me if that meant I handled snakes or spoke in tongues.

EDIT: It's not worth it.

grittyreboot has a new favorite as of 03:34 on Aug 22, 2023

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

grittyreboot posted:

When I started going to public high school I mentioned going to a Catholic grade school. One of the teachers asked me if that meant I handled snakes or spoke in tongues.

Years later I was chatting up a bunch of strangers at a bar, said I went to Catholic school, and they all got dead serious and asked if I wanted to talk about it. Apparently they thought that was a guarantee that I'd been molested as a kid.

I mean, it doesn't guarantee it, but it's more common than it is for kids who didn't go to Catholic school. If it's bar trivia night via an omniscient being and they say "who in your friend group was molested and never told anyone" I'm going to point to the one who went to Catholic school.

Breetai
Nov 6, 2005

🥄Mah spoon is too big!🍌
Pull up, thread.

Hippocrass
Aug 18, 2015

That third panel of the first comic just makes it. It's still funny if you remove it, but that panel included just makes it top tier.
https://twitter.com/dril/status/1693802360727052335

freeedr
Feb 21, 2005

Haha

madmatt112
Jul 11, 2016

Is that a cat in your pants, or are you just a lonely excuse for an adult?

I feel it behooves us to state explicitly that the thread of water/car battles is long and contains hella more videos of water/cat battles. Cleeeeck eeeett

Yorkshire Pudding
Nov 24, 2006

Biplane posted:

You should be. He's cementing the concept of the benevolent rich person, bestowing health and money on the lucky few who get to prostrate themselves before him, in front of an audience of millions, in your childrens malleable minds. If we worship and praise him he might save our lives!!! What a good and great man he is!!!!

Lol

Philippe
Aug 9, 2013

(she/her)
lol u said prostate

Biplane
Jul 18, 2005

I'm sure I didn't :(

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1QbqyArOTdI

boofhead
Feb 18, 2021

"Prostrate massage: $20. We'll let you down, but we'll never stand you up!"

Jet Jaguar
Feb 12, 2006

Don't touch my bags if you please, Mr Customs Man.

Philippe posted:

lol u said prostate

My Uncle Thumper had a problem with his probate, and he had to take these big pills, and drink lots of water!

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

I'm 😤 not a 🦸🏻‍♂️hero...🧜🏻

Lobok posted:

I think we all know whose it would be.

(Frank Stallone)

Surely it would be Hunter Biden, since that's almost the only thing the psychos keep.screamijg about.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

A photo of Hunter Biden getting a blow job is part of the official congressional record.

Aramoro
Jun 1, 2012

Kenning posted:

Goddamn I love people who have 0 thoughts passing through their brain ever.

There's a very good chance the people in the top video there are dead, I'm going to go out on a limb here saying I do not love that.

Kenning
Jan 11, 2009

I really want to post goatse. Instead I only have these🍄.

Aramoro posted:

There's a very good chance the people in the top video there are dead, I'm going to go out on a limb here saying I do not love that.

Yeah fair enough, I was referring to the girls in the car lol randoming through a heavily flooded intersection.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
it might've been posted already, but Hank Green is in remission, and that's a cool thing to happen in this hellworld
https://twitter.com/hankgreen/status/1693793527866765711

another fun Hank Green tweet
https://twitter.com/dimension20show/status/1693331722681626762

wash bucket
Feb 21, 2006

repiv posted:

he did in fact also sample the black panthers again

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rWk6Nj0nxNs

Wait, how am I just now learning that Bomb Rush Cyberfunk got the guy from Jet Set Radio to do the music?

Cleretic
Feb 3, 2010

Ignore my posts!
I'm aggressively wrong about everything!

For context, because the context is amazing: Hank Green's playing in Dimension 20's current campaign, which is basically 'Inside-Out but noir'; every character's an embodiment of some mental concept in the context of people in a roughly 1920s-1930s city. And Hank's drat near stealing the show as The Fix, the embodiment of hyperfixation as, basically, the hired muscle. That tweet is the second time he intimidates a man with a weird fact: here's the first one, when he makes a man so terrified that he straight-up stops existing.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9pT1OhH3F1Y&t=3534s

58:24 if the timestamp doesn't work.

Everyone else is amazing too (I love the conscience as a timid newsie), but Hank Green's gonna be the thing people share around.

Cleretic has a new favorite as of 13:28 on Aug 22, 2023

repiv
Aug 13, 2009

wash bucket posted:

Wait, how am I just now learning that Bomb Rush Cyberfunk got the guy from Jet Set Radio to do the music?

he didn't do the entire soundtrack unfortunately, just part of it

repiv has a new favorite as of 14:09 on Aug 22, 2023

Deep Glove Bruno
Sep 4, 2015

yung swamp thang

repiv posted:

he didn't do the entire soundtrack unfortunately, just part of it

he didn't do all of JSR either but the rest of the selection was great too.

this new game seems like no label JSR, even naganuma's stuff sounds more generic.

Fools Infinite
Mar 21, 2006
Journeyman
Has anyone played it? Is it any good?

The videos I've seen make it seem like they missed that half the aesthetic was slums in industrial areas, like most Japanese cyberpunk futures.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

https://twitter.com/moonyriott/status/1693813250121691149

https://twitter.com/esjesjesj/status/1693847737777754372

zoux has a new favorite as of 19:41 on Aug 22, 2023

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness
this is why Aperture Science portals cannot be placed on moving objects

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

Obviously A

ThisIsJohnWayne
Feb 23, 2007
Ooo! Look at me! NO DON'T LOOK AT ME!

DACK FAYDEN posted:

this is why Aperture Science portals cannot be placed on moving objects

It's obviously A btw, how is this even a thought.

RoastBeef
Jul 11, 2008

Because it's obviously B

Poops Mcgoots
Jul 12, 2010

It's A. Portals preserve momentum, and the cluster of people are at rest. Compare this to if the entrance was on the people and the trolley went into it, then it would be closer to B.

stumblebum
May 8, 2022

no, what you want to do is get somebody mad enough to give you a red title you're proud of
okay but what about two trolleys each witha portal on the front both headed to the group of people from either side???

Dameius
Apr 3, 2006
The portal does not confer momentum, but the object moving through the portal preserves momentum. Thus the answer is obviously C, the portal is too high on the train and they'll be murdered when it runs them over.

ozymandOS
Jun 9, 2004
From the frame of reference of the orange portal, the people are moving towards it rather quickly; since portals conserve momentum, the people will exit the blue portal moving rather quickly.

So it's clearly B.

(this is why you can't attach portals to moving objects)

Poops Mcgoots
Jul 12, 2010

ozymandOS posted:

From the frame of reference of the orange portal, the people are moving towards it rather quickly; since portals conserve momentum, the people will exit the blue portal moving rather quickly.

So it's clearly B.

(this is why you can't attach portals to moving objects)

They're basically just doorways that connect two non-contiguous spaces. If you move an open doorway towards someone such that they pass through while standing still, they don't go flying out the other side.

stringless
Dec 28, 2005

keyboard ⌨️​ :clint: cowboy

Dameius posted:

The portal does not confer momentum, but the object moving through the portal preserves momentum. Thus the answer is obviously C, the portal is too high on the train and they'll be murdered when it runs them over.
Also they're still tied to the tracks!

Perestroika
Apr 8, 2010

Poops Mcgoots posted:

It's A. Portals preserve momentum, and the cluster of people are at rest. Compare this to if the entrance was on the people and the trolley went into it, then it would be closer to B.

Momentum is relative, though. So the question becomes what it's relative to for the purposes of portaling.

But yes, a few weeks back my friend group also spent an hour or two arguing about it. In the end, both end up violating physics in some pretty interesting ways.

the holy poopacy
May 16, 2009

hey! check this out
Fun Shoe

Poops Mcgoots posted:

Actually, the cluster of people are hurtling through space at 60k miles an hour due to the Earth's rotation and revolution and if that momentum is rotated as they travel through the portal they're going to be super hosed, so obviously it's momentum relative to the portal that matters

:goonsay:

ThisIsJohnWayne
Feb 23, 2007
Ooo! Look at me! NO DON'T LOOK AT ME!

stumblebum posted:

okay but what about two trolleys each witha portal on the front both headed to the group of people from either side???

The trolleys will smash into eachother by the parts that aren't a portal, and the people will be sticking out of the Y portals with whatever parts are in the X portals. You'll see the group of people next to either Y portal.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

freeedr
Feb 21, 2005

We can smash parts together and I’ll maintain some momentum into your portal