Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Nigmaetcetera
Nov 17, 2004

borkborkborkmorkmorkmork-gabbalooins

JAMOOOL posted:

yeah its definitely him and I too have wondered if it was supposed to be Dale

Dale Gribble’s wife isn’t Polynesian.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BiggerBoat
Sep 26, 2007

Don't you tell me my business again.

JAMOOOL posted:

yeah its definitely him and I too have wondered if it was supposed to be Dale

When I finally figured it out, it was an episode where Dale was actually visible in the scene but the announcer was still Gribbleing.

wesleywillis
Dec 30, 2016

SUCK A MALE CAMEL'S DICK WITH MIRACLE WHIP!!

Another Bill posted:

According to Canon, that guy is the sometimes mentioned but never seen lovely Bill.

I always heard it was a guy named Jimmy, and the voice was the guy that played Bubbles.

GolfHole
Feb 26, 2004

Another Bill posted:

According to Canon, that guy is the sometimes mentioned but never seen lovely Bill.

You meet lovely Bill once. It's one of the best gags of the series.

Bubbles is like "Now whatever you do, don't call him lovely Bill."
*very next scene*
Bubbles: "Hey, lovely!"

Another Bill
Sep 27, 2018

Born on the bayou
died in a cave
bbq and posting
is all I crave

You know, I stopped watching after the model train cigarette smuggling season (7?). I miss the boys, but I think the show lost something when Clattenberg left to make Black Jesus, it became almost a cosplay of itself imho

wesleywillis
Dec 30, 2016

Another Bill posted:

You know, I stopped watching after the model train cigarette smuggling season (7?). I miss the boys, but I think the show lost something when Clattenberg left to make Black Jesus, it became almost a cosplay of itself imho

For me it was after season 5 when it seemed to become "how drunk and crazy can we make Lahey, and how many times can we get Ricky to mention weed without him just standing in front of a camera and saying 'weed' repeatedly for 23 minutes straight".

GolfHole
Feb 26, 2004

WHO'S THERE BOUNCIN THE BALL??

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BXKjCOvZQgE

Prof. Banks
Apr 22, 2015

Computer lab day! Time to spend 45 minutes trying to load pokemon.com!

Ambassadorofsodomy posted:

For me it was after season 5 when it seemed to become "how drunk and crazy can we make Lahey, and how many times can we get Ricky to mention weed without him just standing in front of a camera and saying 'weed' repeatedly for 23 minutes straight".

After season 5 is definitely where it started to rapidly deteriorate. Season 7 is the last of where it still has a smidge of what it was. Everything after that felt like a bad copy or parody of itself where it makes you wonder if they ever understood their own show and kinda pisses me off that it even exists.

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

the end of season six did wrap it up pretty well before it came back. season seven has Ricky falling into the river at least. the Netflix seasons are bad

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!
The one with Snoop Dogg in the park is undoubtedly the worst, but there are still some funny moments here and there. Now, if you really want bad TPB content, look no further than their Out of the Park spin-offs. Overreliance on improv didn't do the show any favours, especially considering that not everyone on the cast is equally good (Julian by far has suffered the most from cutting down on more structured scripts). Haven't watch the animated show yet, but I imagine it should have less improv in it?

Paladinus fucked around with this message at 04:14 on Aug 22, 2023

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

Another Bill posted:

lovely Bill appears in the episode where they're camping out the night before Sebastian Bach is going to do the cross-border drug deal that ends with them negotiating with the cops in both countries while floating down the middle of the river. He is on screen for like 1 second hooking up a trailer and hauling something away. Can't remember what he's hauling off but it's instrumental to the boys' ultimate victory in that fiasco.

Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:
He's hauling away all the untaxed cigarettes

Mr. Fix It
Oct 26, 2000

💀ayyy💀

Fishstick
Jul 9, 2005

Does not require preheating
Is Boomhauer the Bard?

E: REDCORN!

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

tpb began its decline when Mike Smith decided he needed equal screen time.

Bubbles was an A+ side character, but that poo poo gets old fast when he's one of the stars.

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

All ice cream is now for all beings, no matter how many legs.

Fishstick posted:

Is Boomhauer the Bard?

E: REDCORN!

Boomhauer is a ranger (of Texas)

The Bible
May 8, 2010

TPB animated series was bad. Interesting premise though, being the result of eating 3 lbs of raw bud.

Boogaloo Shrimp
Aug 2, 2004

A shameful omission of one Ward Rackley

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

Boogaloo Shrimp posted:

Dungeon Master isn't a class

haljordan
Oct 22, 2004

the corpse of god is love.

Boogaloo Shrimp posted:

I cast a spell on his rear end with my foot.

Fishstick
Jul 9, 2005

Does not require preheating
Head to feet, you don't cause a leak.
Feet to head, everyone rolls DC18 Con save

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!
New idea for the reboot: Have Octavio replace Dale lock stock and barrel, and no one mentions or ever acknowledges it.

Arson Daily
Aug 11, 2003

Impossibly Perfect Sphere posted:

New idea for the reboot: Have Octavio replace Dale lock stock and barrel, and no one mentions or ever acknowledges it.

this but Joe jack. He and bill can try to out pathetic each other

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

Bobby should notice, Hey dad! Didn't you used to hang out with someone else? "Nope always been 4, me, Boomhauer, Bill, and Joe Jack "

But what about Joseph's dad! "I never had a beer with John Redcorn"

Another Bill
Sep 27, 2018

Born on the bayou
died in a cave
bbq and posting
is all I crave

Hank: Yep

Bill: Yep

Joe Jack: [unintelligible drunken slurring]

Boomhauer: mm hmm

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

What did you say the strategy was?

PinheadSlim posted:

It's like the off-screen character on Trailer Park Boys who yells "WHAT IN THE gently caress!?" all the time, I can't tell if it's really the guy who plays Ricky or the one who plays Bubbles

Another Bill posted:

I thought that was Donnie, who notably wants them to gently caress off with the guns and who paid ten bucks for satellite

wesleywillis
Dec 30, 2016

ilmucche posted:

I thought that was Donnie, who notably wants them to gently caress off with the guns and who paid ten bucks for satellite

gently caress, yeah, maybe it was Donnie.

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

ilmucche posted:

A MONTH!!!

Cosmik Slop
Oct 9, 2007

What's a hole doing in my TARDIS?

I PAID FOR A LADY, NOT FUCKIN CORY AND TREVOR!

Zero One
Dec 30, 2004

HAIL TO THE VICTORS!

BiggerBoat posted:

When I finally figured it out, it was an episode where Dale was actually visible in the scene but the announcer was still Gribbleing.

The announcer is seen at the gay rodeo in the episode with Dale's dad.

Hihohe
Oct 4, 2008

Fuck you and the sun you live under

They gave the announcer guy a name i think in that episode Peggy gets scammed by that guy play by jeff goldblum

Hihohe
Oct 4, 2008

Fuck you and the sun you live under

Yeah his name is Tug

https://kingofthehill.fandom.com/wiki/Tug_(Announcer)

Hihohe fucked around with this message at 16:25 on Aug 23, 2023

Szyznyk
Mar 4, 2008

Cosmik Slop posted:

I PAID FOR A LADY, NOT FUCKIN CORY AND TREVOR!

That’s the one I thought of.

The Moon Monster
Dec 30, 2005

Relatives: Polynesian wife

Boogaloo Shrimp
Aug 2, 2004

Dale’s friend, Tug

Nigmaetcetera
Nov 17, 2004

borkborkborkmorkmorkmork-gabbalooins
“Ga-HEY Rodeo!”

Zeluth
May 12, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
I want this now. Didn't Rosanne get a reboot?

manero
Jan 30, 2006

I think I've got goon mind meld with the thread. I just watched the gay rodeo episode last night. Tonight was the Hank's nude grilling with Nancy dream episode.

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

Zeluth posted:

I want this now. Didn't Rosanne get a reboot?

It did, it was a successful reboot. And then she went on a racist Twitter tirade so they cancelled it after a season and made a new show where she dies of a drug overdose off screen and everyone moved on with their lives.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Another Bill
Sep 27, 2018

Born on the bayou
died in a cave
bbq and posting
is all I crave

manero posted:

I think I've got goon mind meld with the thread. I just watched the gay rodeo episode last night. Tonight was the Hank's nude grilling with Nancy dream episode.

Hank was totally horny for Nancy and those two girls at the end, the grill had nothing to do with it Peggy!