Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What is the most powerful flying bug?
This poll is closed.
🦋 15 3.71%
🦇 115 28.47%
🪰 12 2.97%
🐦 67 16.58%
dragonfly 94 23.27%
🦟 14 3.47%
🐝 87 21.53%
Total: 404 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

lobster shirt
Jun 14, 2021

Popy posted:

soon they will somehow ban the act of posting

thats my dream...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

crepeface posted:

it's very funny for me to see the progression of what's banned:
-linked quotes
-unlinked quotes
-copy and pasting posts
-images of posts
-rewording posts

soon d&d and gbs posts are going to come with cognitohazard warnings and all that'll be left of catpetter is an SCP entry

All signs things are going well internationally.

Pomeroy
Apr 20, 2020
BreakThrough's Dispatches has an interview with Roman Kononenko, a member of the Presidium of the Central Committee of the KPRF and First Secretary of the Saint Petersburg City Committee of the KPRF:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uRuDwuv36z4

Dixon Chisholm
Jan 2, 2020

Deadly Ham Sandwich posted:

That man really likes dressing up in costumes.

hes just a roger smith character

KomradeX
Oct 29, 2011

Slavvy posted:

Mass makes up for this. Drones and surveillance don't matter if you just have far more troops, tanks, artillery and short range AD to knock down the drones

Amd I imagine Ukraine's biggest tactical drone threat are just civilian drones thatbhave been repurposed. We send them billions and my friend still had to buy a 500 dollar drone from.B&H to send to his cousin's Marine platoon to use for surveillance. That was in constant danger of being stolen by other units and that at least once they.had to risk their human lives to go recover from no mans land after the Russians knocked it out of the sky

mawarannahr
May 21, 2019

crepeface posted:

it's very funny for me to see the progression of what's banned:
-linked quotes
-unlinked quotes
-copy and pasting posts
-images of posts
-rewording posts

soon d&d and gbs posts are going to come with cognitohazard warnings and all that'll be left of catpetter is an SCP entry

is there a policy now on rewording?

crepeface
Nov 5, 2004

r*p*f*c*

mawarannahr posted:

is there a policy now on rewording?

my guess is that the chat gpt loophole is going to get closed unless FF gets really creative and fun with it like making it use cockney rhyming slang or something

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy
Training an LLM on fizzy posts

lobster shirt
Jun 14, 2021

if someone can definitively link an SA post to a chat gpt spun syq itt i will punish it but im not going to be hunting anything like that down

lobster shirt
Jun 14, 2021

but also just please don't do it i guess?

KomradeX
Oct 29, 2011

crepeface posted:

my guess is that the chat gpt loophole is going to get closed unless FF gets really creative and fun with it like making it use cockney rhyming slang or something

So loving stupid. Like if they're so right ans were just delusional genocide loving Tankies, why does it matter if we post their correct opinion to make fun of. A core part of this forum for two decades has been reposting peoples opinions to make fun of them

Regarde Aduck
Oct 19, 2012

c l o u d k i t t e n
Grimey Drawer
remember these are the people who think 'remembering' is a weird troll ability used only for evil

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

One Day I Will Return To Your Side.

i see being shuffled off to run the Wyoming Dennys branch hasnt dampened the spirits of the former CEO of the company

Frosted Flake
Sep 13, 2011

Semper Shitpost Ubique

In the shadow of conflict and contention, Laozi spoke to a disciple, troubled by the whispers of the Ukraine war:

"Listen not only to the voices that echo the song of tankies or Russian tales, but seek wisdom in many gardens. In the discourse of war and peace, remain, not to accuse but to inquire, for in the dance with diverse truths lies the path to enlightenment."

crepeface
Nov 5, 2004

r*p*f*c*

Regarde Aduck posted:

remember these are the people who think 'remembering' is a weird troll ability used only for evil

remembering is a normal thing that humans do. but exposure to the red star has rewired the brains of tankies so their normal memories are scoured away and all that remain are helldumps. if this isn't obvious to you then i question if maybe you're not a putin puppet yourself.

crepeface
Nov 5, 2004

r*p*f*c*

Popy posted:

soon they will somehow ban the act of posting

he never posts. he says he will never be banned.

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy
Grandma please tell me a story about how the US government provoked the Ukraine conflict

Deadly Ham Sandwich
Aug 19, 2009
Smellrose

Pomeroy posted:

BreakThrough's Dispatches has an interview with Roman Kononenko, a member of the Presidium of the Central Committee of the KPRF and First Secretary of the Saint Petersburg City Committee of the KPRF:

Turns out the Russian communists have a problem with Ukraine being run by Nazis.

Regarde Aduck
Oct 19, 2012

c l o u d k i t t e n
Grimey Drawer
i think a lot of people have problems with nazis if they're not functioning under crippling amounts of cognitive dissonance

if any libs ever recover they're going to have a very weird fugue state impression on this era of their life

BearsBearsBears
Aug 4, 2022

Regarde Aduck posted:

i think a lot of people have problems with nazis if they're not functioning under crippling amounts of cognitive dissonance

if any libs ever recover they're going to have a very weird fugue state impression on this era of their life

Why? They'll just rewrite their past to be in accordance with their current beliefs. It's why every lib was against the Iraq war when asked now but there was huge support for it when you look at polling from the past. The only problem would be anything they personally wrote on the internet that can be dug back up by their posting enemies.

CODChimera
Jan 29, 2009

Weka posted:

Any ideas on how these drones that are attacking Moscow are controlled? Satellite? Locally based pilots?

nice try, Putin

Slavvy
Dec 11, 2012

Regarde Aduck posted:

+

BearsBearsBears posted:

Why? They'll just rewrite their past to be in accordance with their current beliefs. It's why every lib was against the Iraq war when asked now but there was huge support for it when you look at polling from the past. The only problem would be anything they personally wrote on the internet that can be dug back up by their posting enemies.

=

KomradeX posted:

So loving stupid. Like if they're so right ans were just delusional genocide loving Tankies, why does it matter if we post their correct opinion to make fun of. A core part of this forum for two decades has been reposting peoples opinions to make fun of them

crepeface
Nov 5, 2004

r*p*f*c*

Pomeroy posted:

he didn't make the best impression. probably some degree of difficulty with English but I still wish he went into more detail.

also, I don't think he addressed the question about Russian fascist/Nazi elements funding right wing parties in Europe.

crepeface
Nov 5, 2004

r*p*f*c*
i've been following the few anti-war alt media sources i can find and i came across "Neutrality Studies". he had an ex-CIA agent on and it's hilarious to hear him try to absolve the CIA and contradict himself a bunch (like "CIA needs oversight!" and "civilian oversight suck!")

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VqmnLR_HGzg

speng31b
May 8, 2010

lobster shirt posted:

if someone can definitively link an SA post to a chat gpt spun syq itt i will punish it but im not going to be hunting anything like that down

lobster shirt posted:

but also just please don't do it i guess?

Verily, should any noble individual possess the unwavering ability to incontrovertibly establish a linkage betwixt a discourse originating from the hallowed halls of SA—whose denizens do often partake in earnest discussions of diverse matters—with a composition, nay, a spun creation hailing from the loins of SyQ, that digital realm of inquiries and quandaries, situated therein the virtual tapestry of our shared existence, known colloquially as "the Internet," I do solemnly declare my intent to levy upon such a junction a punishment, a castigation, the nature of which shall mirror the trespass, forsooth.

Yet, let it not be misconstrued, I shan't, nay, I shall not embark upon an endeavor wherein I traverse the boundless expanse of this intricate web, replete with an abundance of threads, both meaningful and inane, to scour and search for such intertwinements, as the pursuit of such matters falls not within the ambit of my proclivities, nor do I find myself inclined to dedicate my precious temporal resources unto such a quest. Rather, I beseech thee, I implore, I entreat, cast aside any notions of this endeavor, and allow the waters of forgetfulness to wash over this notion, that we may continue in an amicable discourse, unfettered by the complexities of tracing back the origins of textual associations.

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009
im gay

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

speng31b posted:

Verily, should any noble individual possess the unwavering ability to incontrovertibly establish a linkage betwixt a discourse originating from the hallowed halls of SA—whose denizens do often partake in earnest discussions of diverse matters—with a composition, nay, a spun creation hailing from the loins of SyQ, that digital realm of inquiries and quandaries, situated therein the virtual tapestry of our shared existence, known colloquially as "the Internet," I do solemnly declare my intent to levy upon such a junction a punishment, a castigation, the nature of which shall mirror the trespass, forsooth.

Yet, let it not be misconstrued, I shan't, nay, I shall not embark upon an endeavor wherein I traverse the boundless expanse of this intricate web, replete with an abundance of threads, both meaningful and inane, to scour and search for such intertwinements, as the pursuit of such matters falls not within the ambit of my proclivities, nor do I find myself inclined to dedicate my precious temporal resources unto such a quest. Rather, I beseech thee, I implore, I entreat, cast aside any notions of this endeavor, and allow the waters of forgetfulness to wash over this notion, that we may continue in an amicable discourse, unfettered by the complexities of tracing back the origins of textual associations.

We may potentially acquiesce to informally registering the societal log with an annotated transcript of the evenings discourse over appropriately aged brandies.

ThatBasqueGuy
Feb 14, 2013

someone introduce jojo to lazyb

Majorian posted:

im gay Ukrainian super soldier

Morbus
May 18, 2004

Slavvy posted:

Mass makes up for this. Drones and surveillance don't matter if you just have far more troops, tanks, artillery and short range AD to knock down the drones

all of those systems are more expensive than drones, though

Dokapon Findom
Dec 5, 2022

But have you considered whether the child murdered by the driver of that truck was riding an oversized bike?!?! Children riding oversized bikes are the scourge of our roadways!!

Majorian posted:

im gay

:byetankie:

fanfic insert
Nov 4, 2009

Turtle Sandbox posted:

Liberals are Nazis with Nazi beliefs that just don't want to be publicly called out for them.

Yes but to be fair, they don't know their beliefs line up with nazism because they never looked any deeper at it, they've just understood some beliefs aren't okay to speak of other than in dog whistles.

They've figured out you have to denounce ""islamists"" rather than Muslims or a particular practice rather than religions or cultures. They won't say we should execute all disabled people but they'll advocate ending welfare to "bust those who don't contribute" with no response on who those people are because they've been in it for so long they only talk in dog whistles and don't even realise theyre not saying the whole thing, to them "those who don't contribute" is an obvious group but they're not allowed to say it and their brain blocks all thoughts on what "busting" them would practically mean.

It's Goodwin making the internet "law" after being called a Nazi a hundred times and refusing to read anything else but a summary from Wikipedia.

crepeface
Nov 5, 2004

r*p*f*c*

Majorian posted:

im gay

welcome back bud

crepeface
Nov 5, 2004

r*p*f*c*

fanfic insert posted:

Yes but to be fair, they don't know their beliefs line up with nazism because they never looked any deeper at it, they've just understood some beliefs aren't okay to speak of other than in dog whistles.

They've figured out you have to denounce ""islamists"" rather than Muslims or a particular practice rather than religions or cultures. They won't say we should execute all disabled people but they'll advocate ending welfare to "bust those who don't contribute" with no response on who those people are because they've been in it for so long they only talk in dog whistles and don't even realise theyre not saying the whole thing, to them "those who don't contribute" is an obvious group but they're not allowed to say it and their brain blocks all thoughts on what "busting" them would practically mean.

yeah, some of my friends are kinda like this. you have to be very delicate if you want to attempt to point out the logical conclusions of where their beliefs go.

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

One Day I Will Return To Your Side.

Majorian posted:

im gay

Endman
May 18, 2010

That is not dead which can eternal lie, And with strange aeons even anime may die

Majorian posted:

im gay

:golfclap:

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012
I'd say it's a lot simpler; Broken clock, US has started so many wars it stands to reason one of them would be good, this time a democrat is in office so he must have a good reason, etc.

It's a desire to absolve their guilt for being in the center of the empire, augmented by a media blitz across multiple formats. They want to have The Good War, the one their great grandfathers got to have.

When it turns out this war, like the last one, the one before that, the third to last one, the fourth one, etc., was actually terrible and had a net negative effect on the world, they won't have to ruminate on it. They were truly powerless to stop it, they were tricked into it, the press will publish retrospectives on how it was a bad war (that they heavily promoted, and only after it's finished or cannot be stopped), the only people still bringing it up are Trolls, all the great ways to drain your excess guilt & doubt in the system.

Neurolimal has issued a correction as of 06:38 on Aug 22, 2023

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012
There's actually a hebrew saying for this; bokhim ve-yorim, or Shooting and Crying. You commit unspeakable atrocities, then you speak up against those atrocities, and then you repeat.

They might not have any nefarious motives for this, and might genuinely believe that they are in fact using their weary experiences to warn future generations, but more subconsciously it's to cleanse ones soul of the contradictions in a 'liberal' empire that must quench its thirst for blood.

Neurolimal has issued a correction as of 06:04 on Aug 22, 2023

Slavvy
Dec 11, 2012

Morbus posted:

all of those systems are more expensive than drones, though

What difference does that make? Drones can't take and hold ground and they suicide every time you use them as anything other than an observer. If you've got a drone that can actually launch missiles the cost goes up greatly and puts you in the size category of small aircraft aka instantly dead if it gets anywhere near a manpad.

Cpt_Obvious
Jun 18, 2007

Every war is the good war until you lose and then it was a terrible mistake that should never be repea --- Oh poo poo! Is that the new Hitler!? We gotta stop him!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Danann
Aug 4, 2013

IAI Harops cost $10 million a pop and they're one-use drones. :buddy: