Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Should I step down as head of twitter
This poll is closed.
Yes 420 4.43%
No 69 0.73%
Goku 9001 94.85%
Total: 9490 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Molten Llama
Sep 20, 2006

Strong Sauce posted:

If you want to read that Musk article on the New Yorker
https://archive.is/Jo8u4

Jesus, that is a wild ride.

Every time you think that article can't possibly make Elon sound any weirder, it does.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

grittyreboot
Oct 2, 2012

I loved my SSRIs when I took them years ago. I just wish someone warned me about the diarrhea

Golden Bee
Dec 24, 2009

I came here to chew bubblegum and quote 'They Live', and I'm... at an impasse.

Molten Llama posted:

Jesus, that is a wild ride.

Every time you think that article can't possibly make Elon sound any weirder, it does.

Post your favorite clips

Strong Sauce
Jul 2, 2003

You know I am not really your father.

lol Pentagon officials said Musk admitted to talking to Putin. Musk denied it.

When I believe Pentagon Officials more than the other side. LMAO

This is what the right wanted though. After years and years of privatization, the State now relies on Musk for a bunch of stuff

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001
Remember back in the day when politicians said privatization would make government services more efficient and cost less to run, and some people actually believed them.

lol.

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

When I want to relax, I read an essay by Engels. When I want something more serious, I read Corto Maltese.

Strong Sauce posted:

lol Pentagon officials said Musk admitted to talking to Putin. Musk denied it.

When I believe Pentagon Officials more than the other side. LMAO

This is what the right wanted though. After years and years of privatization, the State now relies on Musk for a bunch of stuff

Why do you think so many of these psychos like Putin's Russia?

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

GET LOSE❌🗺️, YOUS CAN'T COMPARE😤 WITH ME 💪POWERS🇦🇺

grittyreboot posted:

I loved my SSRIs when I took them years ago. I just wish someone warned me about the diarrhea

ive been on a bunch of different ssris and snris over the years and ive never had that as a side effect wtf

i think id prefer my dick not working to that

Wee
Dec 16, 2022

by Fluffdaddy
Lexapro gave me real extreme and risky flatulence for like 2 weeks.

Bleusilences
Jun 23, 2004

Be careful for what you wish for.

I knew he was on a cocktail of upper, it's probably not only ketamine but a bunch of other meds. It's pretty obvious the guy barely sleeps.

The Grimace
Sep 18, 2005

Are you a BigMac of imbeciles!?
No time for sleep, only time for work!!!

and by work I mean endlessly scrolling through Not-Twitter to make sure no one is saying mean things about me :tinfoil:

Necrothatcher
Mar 26, 2005

Longterm K use also fucks up your bladder big time by giving you cystitis.

So there's that to look forward to.

Anders
Nov 8, 2004

I'd rather score...

... but I'll grind it good for you

(346,000,000,000 user seconds/354,000,000 active users)/60=16,2 minutes per user. Or 4 million nerds spending 24 hours on the platform. Also bots

That's not very impressive

re medicine: I'm using lamictal for my chronic depression. It's really a drug to prevent epileptic seizures, but it also prevents me wanting to spend all my waking hours under a blanket in the fetal position

Bleusilences
Jun 23, 2004

Be careful for what you wish for.

Necrothatcher posted:

Longterm K use also fucks up your bladder big time by giving you cystitis.

So there's that to look forward to.

He is probably getting checked by a doctor(s) often, they probably make him a drug cocktail of upper and not only ketamine.

Also dancing like a dunce is the least worst thing he could do, in fact I wish he would do that more often and stop twitting, it would be better for everyone.

Midnight Voyager
Jul 2, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Jezza of OZPOS posted:

ive been on a bunch of different ssris and snris over the years and ive never had that as a side effect wtf

i think id prefer my dick not working to that

It's got a 16% chance of happening, according to the studies! It's not always like "augh making GBS threads myself all the time" diarrhea, it can be just "my poops are not solid."

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

dr_rat posted:

Remember back in the day when politicians said privatization would make government services more efficient and cost less to run, and some people actually believed them.

lol.

Sometimes in casual conversation I've mentioned why the gently caress does private insurance exist, especially in situations where it's compulsory and just get blank stares

DicktheCat
Feb 15, 2011

I'm going to keep deadnaming Twitter forever.

Elon doesn't believe in trans rights, he should understand. I'm not being disrespectful, I'm just calling it by its proper name!

Radio Paranoia
Jun 27, 2010

It is now safe to turn off your computer.

Jet Jaguar posted:

Between the ketamine use and offering horses to people so they'll give him a handy... Have we thought that maybe our special boy IS a horse?

Love that he says removing the article text will be better on esthetic (sic) grounds. Yes, his own kid is named ae-14-88 or whatever, but he can't spell "aesthetic."

That's just how you say it with a Suth Effrikun eksent.

Jakabite
Jul 31, 2010
Can everyone stop being rude about ketamine please, it’s one of the most fun drugs on the planet and if you haven’t tried it you’re seriously missing out. Just don’t go on too crazy a bender or do it multiple days in a row or your bladder gets all full of crystals and stops working.

Pirate Radar
Apr 18, 2008

You're not my Ruthie!
You're not my Debbie!
You're not my Sherry!

Stex T posted:

You ever met a depressed horse?

I'm just saying...

Maybe not, but I’ve seen a few with long faces

IBroughttheFunk
Sep 28, 2012

kazil posted:

lmao just zero understanding of how this business works

"They were running it by advertisers, who didn't like it, but it's happening." Well that's one way to sum up a lot of the changes over the last few months.

Some of his decisions have kind of made sense, but this one and the block one are just....baffling. At least some of his early changes had the backing of idiot tech enthusiasts and chuds. These ones however seem to please literally no one but Musk himself.

Edit: Yeah, it literally is just him:

https://twitter.com/KrangTNelson/status/1693852942942470396

IBroughttheFunk fucked around with this message at 11:31 on Aug 22, 2023

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
I think Fahrenheit is better for weather
This is such an absurdly stupid decission that it's impressive anyone would think of doing that. It's really hard to come up with something so creatively awful.

Hey Elon (yes of course you Google your name every few minutes) l have a grand new idea for you: Make every user send you a handwritten letter and use scans of those as the new personalized fonts. This will make X a truly intimate experience.

FurtherReading
Sep 4, 2007

We need the ultimate petty act of adding a community note correcting his spelling.

Songbearer
Jul 12, 2007

Fuck you say?

Jakabite posted:

Can everyone stop being rude about ketamine please, it’s one of the most fun drugs on the planet and if you haven’t tried it you’re seriously missing out. Just don’t go on too crazy a bender or do it multiple days in a row or your bladder gets all full of crystals and stops working.

The Elon Effect means Ketamine loving sucks now and you're probably a crypto influencer for taking it, sorry I don't make the rules v:shobon:v

gschmidl
Sep 3, 2011

watch with knife hands

Jakabite posted:

Musk's bladder not working would explain why he's such a pissbaby.

Shifty Pony
Dec 28, 2004

Up ta somethin'

What are Rogan's opinions on Ketamine? Just wondering if he had a part in this because it would be funny.

Steadiman
Jan 31, 2006

Hey...what kind of party is this? there's no booze and only one hooker!

silly sevens
yeah I'll take opinions on "esthetics" from the guy who came up with the cybertruck and who thinks a freeware Photoshop scratch brush on a black background makes for a good logo for your billion dollar company. Esthetics is my passion

Necrothatcher
Mar 26, 2005

IBroughttheFunk posted:

"They were running it by advertisers, who didn't like it, but it's happening." Well that's one way to sum up a lot of the changes over the last few months.

Some of his decisions have kind of made sense, but this one and the block one are just....baffling. At least some of his early changes had the backing of idiot tech enthusiasts and chuds. These ones however seem to please literally no one but Musk himself.

Edit: Yeah, it literally is just him:

https://twitter.com/KrangTNelson/status/1693852942942470396

Unnecessary need to clarify that this is an Elon idea imo.

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

Derpmph trial star reporter!

TulliusCicero
Jul 29, 2017

OneEightHundred posted:

It also makes it easier to misrepresent what's in the article.

The reason it's happening is obvious: Elon hates news orgs.

But the result is probably going to be that news sites are going to burn the headline into the image (maybe even do it automatically if they detect it's being fetched by Twitter).

Wouldn't this just make actual news sites far less likely to keep their accounts on his lovely website?

Like that's literally one of the only reasons it still exists

holtemon
May 2, 2019

Dancing is forbidden
I spend more user seconds browsing Amazon but you don't see them boasting about it lol

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

If you have Twitter open in a background Mozilla tab... that's user seconds baybee!

Sentient Data
Aug 31, 2011

My molecule scrambler ray will disintegrate your armor with one blow!
I bet user-seconds is actually post-view-seconds, and the point of having more posts on screen is to have more simultaneous user-second clocks running per page load

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012
its probably a completely fabricated metric some survivor engineer came up with in a scramble to placate elon and he latched onto it

Blitter
Mar 16, 2011

Intellectual
AI Enthusiast

Dancing Peasant posted:

So are we at the Goldbelly phase of this speedrun or

I dunno!

Maybe?

Or is it the passed out at the office, next to pills and wine phase?

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

Derpmph trial star reporter!

you can tell x.com is a thriving, vibrant site by the way elon likes or replies to the same half dozen accounts that post all day about how great the site is. also he is paying them tens of thousands of dollars to post there.

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

All ice cream is now for all beings, no matter how many legs.

Look all Elon has to do is say "no hot linking!!!!" and disable auto embeds requiring everyone to download images and videos and reupload them to twitter.

RDM
Apr 6, 2009

I LOVE FINLAND AND ESPECIALLY FINLAND'S MILITARY ALLIANCES, GOOGLE FINLAND WORLD WAR 2 FOR MORE INFORMATION SLAVA UKRANI

thathonkey posted:

its probably a completely fabricated metric some survivor engineer came up with in a scramble to placate elon and he latched onto it
"We're already logging the total number of HTTP requests, just multiply that by 30 user-seconds, it doesn't matter. We'll just modify the scaler later if it needs to be a bigger metric."

cumpantry
Dec 18, 2020

you think user seconds come easy, kid?

cumpantry
Dec 18, 2020

Elon has fought for whats right yet again (censoring headlines)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Underwhelmed
Mar 7, 2004

Nap Ghost
Running Txitter like how a cat plays a board game .