Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Benagain
Oct 10, 2007

Can you see that I am serious?
Fun Shoe
My child ate 1.5 pb & j sandwiches while sprinting around a playground tonight for dinner.

and I mean literally shoving her face full and sprinting

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

El Mero Mero
Oct 13, 2001

lobster shirt posted:

the worst blowout i ever had, there was such a big pile of poo poo on the floor i thought my son had taken his diaper off and just taken a dump. but no... basically his entire diaper region, front and back, was also coated in sludge. horrifying.

In my case it was my son being a legit poop magician. I went to remove his diaper and there was poop all the way up his back and then up to the front too, just completely caked into everything. His diaper was still on just fine and the outside of it was just completely covered.

The magic trick? The inside of the diaper was white as a sheet and just a little wet. :tinfoil:

bitmap
Aug 8, 2006

I thought it would be fun to buy a nerf gun to chase around and shoot my kids with but then I went down a hyper fixated youtube hole on "foam blasters" and bought some chinese one which...is about 200 times too powerful to shoot my kids with. what the gently caress. nerf technology has gone too far.

AxGrap
Jan 11, 2005

☝☯ Ŧ𝓤𝒸Ҝ 𝓨𝕠𝔲! 🐼👽
Yelling "just let me poop" through the door daily, as a parent does.

lobster shirt
Jun 14, 2021

i like the caillou song... good tune

fosborb
Dec 15, 2006

Chronic Good Poster
pooping is sacrosanct alone time

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

You can poop alone as a parent??

Second Hand Meat Mouth
Sep 12, 2001

fosborb posted:

kecske
Feb 28, 2011

it's round, like always

anyone else's little kids have the innate ability to immediately sense the most potentially dangerous thing in a room and go for it with focused intensity?

visiting grandparents and the kiddo goes right past the carefully curated toy selection and beelines for the fireplace

kecske has issued a correction as of 10:20 on Aug 19, 2023

Microplastics
Jul 6, 2007

:discourse:
It's what's for dinner.

fosborb posted:

In the first 4 weeks of my son's life I treasured every opportunity to go and do a poo and be by myself

Then I went back to work and was like "gently caress yes!! The office!! :swoon:"

Votskomit
Jun 26, 2013
I was told I'm a good dad, so I'm riding that high for the next week.

Microplastics
Jul 6, 2007

It's what's for dinner.
Quite a contrast to the claims made in your av

Votskomit
Jun 26, 2013

Microplastics posted:

Quite a contrast to the claims made in your av

I don't see how they are mutually exclusive.

Microplastics
Jul 6, 2007

It's what's for dinner.
Lol good point

tristeham
Jul 31, 2022

Votskomit posted:

I don't see how they are mutually exclusive.

that's right

SardonicTyrant
Feb 26, 2016

BTICH IM A NEWT
熱くなれ夢みた明日を
必ずいつかつかまえる
走り出せ振り向くことなく
&

kecske posted:

anyone else's little kids have the innate ability to immediately sense the most potentially dangerous thing in a room and go for it with focused intensity?

visiting grandparents and the kiddo goes right past the carefully curated toy selection and beelines for the fireplace

has he ever seen a fireplace before tho?

PerniciousKnid
Sep 13, 2006

fosborb posted:

My 2yo is adamant about this for himself but has no respect for others.

BonHair
Apr 28, 2007

PerniciousKnid posted:

I'm wondering when to teach the 6 year old about privacy when pooping. He will not close the door (except for temper reasons), at home, in other people's homes or even in busy public restrooms like at the aquarium.

Also my current paternity ritual involves pooping the moment he the baby is down for first nap.

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

PerniciousKnid posted:

My daughter just turned 3 and still won't use the potty but is aware enough of when she's pooping to make formal announcements to everyone in the room

Second Hand Meat Mouth
Sep 12, 2001

PerniciousKnid posted:

my kid was like that with their drinks until they were like six. if parents have a fancy drink? of course they'll share! if kid has even a cup of water and we want a drink? sharing = meltdown

Dreylad
Jun 19, 2001

fosborb posted:

lol fond memories of this happening at a Target

really put the diaper bag to the test

i'd just put the kid in the diaper bag at that point

bitmap
Aug 8, 2006

my 3yo daughter can wipe her own butt however she screams "daddy!!! wipe my bottom!" every time she poops and whenever I ask her why she doesn't do it herself she just giggles and tells me to wash her hands

bitmap
Aug 8, 2006

alpha dogged by a toddler...

Chad Sexington
May 26, 2005

I think he made a beautiful post and did a great job and he is good.

bitmap posted:

alpha dogged by a toddler...

My daughter has taken to seeking my eye contact while filling her diaper, so... yeah.

Benagain
Oct 10, 2007

Can you see that I am serious?
Fun Shoe
My kid informed me it wasn't fair for her to wipe herself.

Greg Legg
Oct 6, 2004
The older kid just went out the door for his first day of kindergarten! God drat this is crazy. I'm so relieved that he's excited about it.

PerniciousKnid
Sep 13, 2006

Greg Legg posted:

The older kid just went out the door for his first day of kindergarten! God drat this is crazy. I'm so relieved that he's excited about it.

I'm gonna be a nervous wreck the whole day waiting to hear how it goes.

Microplastics
Jul 6, 2007

It's what's for dinner.

Greg Legg posted:

Amazing :) does he know how to get there?

Sherbert Hoover
Dec 12, 2019

Working hard, thank you!

Microplastics posted:

lol

bitmap
Aug 8, 2006

my 10 month old is like the agent 47 of committing suicide. enters a room, scans it for anything he could possibly end himself with and instantly does his best to get the job done.

BonHair
Apr 28, 2007

I don't know why babies aren't helping out electricians more, they can detect hidden wires and outlets better than any equipment ever could.

sonatinas
Apr 15, 2003

Seattle Karate Vs. L.A. Karate

BonHair posted:

I don't know why babies aren't helping out electricians more, they can detect hidden wires and outlets better than any equipment ever could.

my joke is if the cops ever want to find the murder weapon or what they’re looking for then deploy the toddlers

when mine was a toddler she found like loose pills in a location we never even take medicine.

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin

ikanreed
Sep 25, 2009

I honestly I have no idea who cannibal[SIC] is and I do not know why I should know.

syq dude, just syq!
My 3 year old asked "why does Wegmans have a train"
And I said "to trick you into wanting to go so you make me and Mom go there"
Said the 3 year old "it's working" breaking into giggles

PerniciousKnid
Sep 13, 2006

Microplastics posted:

My kindergartener went in to school holding hands with his big sister, and I told my wife, "I hope she doesn't have to deal with separation anxiety from him when they split ways." Wife just shrugged and said "not my problem".

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

"Are you forgetting that just this afternoon I was punched in the face by a turtle now dead?
these days I'm knee-deep in school activities (field trips, clubs, movie nights) so I'm always stoked when school comes back around. let's do some stuff.

Dreylad
Jun 19, 2001

bitmap posted:

my 3yo daughter can wipe her own butt however she screams "daddy!!! wipe my bottom!" every time she poops and whenever I ask her why she doesn't do it herself she just giggles and tells me to wash her hands

my 21 month old tells me everything i need to do in order to get ready to go outside so we get outside faster

AxGrap
Jan 11, 2005

☝☯ Ŧ𝓤𝒸Ҝ 𝓨𝕠𝔲! 🐼👽
5yo said "you're bossy enough to be a police officer". Owned hard.

AxGrap
Jan 11, 2005

☝☯ Ŧ𝓤𝒸Ҝ 𝓨𝕠𝔲! 🐼👽
Face your plate quit touching your sister citizen!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BonHair
Apr 28, 2007

AxGrap posted:

5yo said "you're bossy enough to be a police officer". Owned hard.

At least you can explain why you're not getting a dog