Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

SirPablo posted:

They never say "cold dome".

Probably because their teeth are chattering so bad from the cold!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HAIL eSATA-n
Apr 7, 2007

it's winter, sweaty

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

Soggy Muffin posted:

It’s ok summer ends in 10 days then it will be cold

This is what Brits actually believe.

Summer ends on the equinox.

loving heretics.

Stereotype
Apr 24, 2010

College Slice
the lahaina fire is again even more proof that no one gave a poo poo about the people who died on 9/11, it was all about the buildings

ram dass in hell
Dec 29, 2019

:420::toot::420:

HAIL eSATA-n posted:

afaik treated municipal water isn't reused, it's discharged into a river/the ocean

oh so when im brushing my teeth that's good then, I'm diluting the ocean's microplastics levels. im helping. Yr welcome.

Stereotype
Apr 24, 2010

College Slice
firestorms destroying entire cities and killing a thousand people is just called weather, maybe you've heard of it? idiot

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001

HAIL eSATA-n posted:

afaik treated municipal water isn't reused, it's discharged into a river/the ocean

Where upon sharks drinking the fluoride infused super juice it is, grow there vicious murder teeth ten times the size!

Musk hire me to write for your truth paper thing please, fox won't return my calls any more!!!

the bitcoin of weed
Nov 1, 2014

Stereotype posted:

the lahaina fire is again even more proof that no one gave a poo poo about the people who died on 9/11, it was all about the buildings

it was because everyone watched it live on tv

Ruggan
Feb 20, 2007
WHAT THAT SMELL LIKE?!

Stereotype posted:

:freerealestate:

Jesus Horse
Feb 24, 2004

ram dass in hell posted:

oh so when im brushing my teeth that's good then, I'm diluting the ocean's microplastics levels. im helping. Yr welcome.

As I polish my teeth with nylon and spit down the drain...

Shifty Pony
Dec 28, 2004

Up ta somethin'

HAIL eSATA-n posted:

much to the consternation of water treatment engineers. the treated water is always significantly cleaner in every way than the water coming in from reservoirs/rivers/wells but people freak out about the idea of drinking pisswater.

Oglethorpe
Aug 8, 2005

SirPablo posted:

They never say "cold dome".

Coal Dome was already taken

TehSaurus
Jun 12, 2006

How do we feel about heat vortex? bomb wave? maybe blast furnace??

Fell Mood
Jul 2, 2022

A terrible Fell look!

ram dass in hell posted:

Actually your toothbrush sheds quite a bit of microplastics. Whatever you don't swallow ends up in the river then the ocean.
gently caress beaten like the biosphere

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS
lol if you don’t use a boar bristle toothbrush

Red Baron
Mar 9, 2007

ty slumfrog :)

Platystemon posted:

lol if you don’t use a boar bristle toothbrush

pathetic, pine trees are everywhere

krispykremessuck
Jul 22, 2005

unlike most veterans and SA members $10 is not a meaningful expenditure for me

I'm gonna have me a swag Bar-B-Q

Red Baron posted:

pathetic, pine trees are everywhere

not for long

blatman
May 10, 2009

14 inc dont mez

HAIL eSATA-n posted:

why the heck do they put the water where the car batteries go

HAIL eSATA-n
Apr 7, 2007

the water helps the batteries be recycled, magically

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001

HAIL eSATA-n posted:

the water helps the batteries be recycled, magically

It's not magic, it's just the water cycle. If batteries weren't an intrinsic part of the natural water cycle, storms wouldn't have lightening and would be super boring.

actionjackson
Jan 12, 2003

heat index is supposed to be 116 today lol

I'm in Minneapolis

SirPablo
May 1, 2004

Pillbug
Having experienced actual 120F temperatures and "FEEEEELS LIKE" 120F, they are both worse in their own ways.

actionjackson
Jan 12, 2003

SirPablo posted:

Having experienced actual 120F temperatures and "FEEEEELS LIKE" 120F, they are both worse in their own ways.

well the dewpoint is already 74

i remember once experiencing a dewpoint of 81 here. it was around midnight, the heat index was maybe 113 and it felt like a sauna

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005
wind chill is fake but heat index is fake and you sound like an idiot

Asproigerosis
Mar 13, 2013

insufferable
Hey I heard we were kicking the poo poo out of sirpablo cause he thinks climate change is fake or something in this thread

SirPablo
May 1, 2004

Pillbug
Earth goes through natural cycles.

Asproigerosis
Mar 13, 2013

insufferable
Oh I bet you think cyanobacteria and the great oxygenation were just natural climate cycles and not anthropogenic too, huh??!

Spergin Morlock
Aug 8, 2009

a helpful bear posted:

hello, something helpful for future generations. every little bit counts!

we went to disney two weeks ago and I don't know how they continue to keep their shops/rides refrigerator temperatures while the doors are wide open. it was "feels like" 115-116 and I felt like a frying pan. how is anyone dealing with even higher?

they do it by charging a shitload of money for tickets and food, then let the AC run non-stop

Zokari
Jul 23, 2007

its only 75 degrees where i am so this all sounds like fake news

titty_baby_
Nov 11, 2015

Zokari posted:

its only 75 degrees where i am so this all sounds like fake news

SirPablo
May 1, 2004

Pillbug

Zokari posted:

its only 75 degrees dew point where i am so this all sounds like fake news

Zarin
Nov 11, 2008

I SEE YOU
Huh. I think I'm starting to remember why I stopped following this thread.

That was pretty fast, all things considered.

Gunshow Poophole
Sep 14, 2008

OMBUDSMAN
POSTERS LOCAL 42069

Clapping Larry

Zarin posted:

Huh. I think I'm starting to remember why I stopped following this thread.

That was pretty fast, all things considered.

thanks for letting us know :rolleyes:

the streak in NY is continuing, not a single day above 90 degrees since July 6 lmao

Zarin
Nov 11, 2008

I SEE YOU

Gunshow Poophole posted:

Anytime bud! :shobon:

You're a pretty good poster though so if you're here, maybe I'll stick around and give it another shot.

Gunshow Poophole posted:

the streak in NY is continuing, not a single day above 90 degrees since July 6 lmao

I'm probably moving from Chicago to North Carolina by the end of the year and considering staying put there for quite some time. It's been miserable in Chicago for the last week or so, and I'm starting to wonder if I haven't somehow made an incredibly terrible mistake . . . . :ohdear:

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

ancient earth makes bacteria that heat up the planet and kill everything (liberals loving this rich natural history)

modern earth makes humans that heat up planet and kill everything (liberals hating this unnatural perversity)

spacemang_spliff
Nov 29, 2014

wide pickle

Zarin posted:

Anytime bud! :shobon:

You're a pretty good poster though so if you're here, maybe I'll stick around and give it another shot.

I'm probably moving from Chicago to North Carolina by the end of the year and considering staying put there for quite some time. It's been miserable in Chicago for the last week or so, and I'm starting to wonder if I haven't somehow made an incredibly terrible mistake . . . . :ohdear:

lol were you not sweaty and mosquito bitten enough in Chicago or what

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

the few years i lived in chicago were terrifying i almost died of cold in my apartment one winter and got heat stroke the next summer.
i was a dumb college kid tho but i dont think ive ever been subject to both extremes anywhere else vs the coast where im from

Gunshow Poophole posted:

living on a hill in ny has been a pretty win climate strategy so far but theres a lotta time left on the clock for a meteor or tsunsmi to wipe us out so i wont gloat. rip all my low lying brothers and sisters tho cause we do be flooding a lot obviously more often from supercharged storms

Real hurthling! has issued a correction as of 19:19 on Aug 22, 2023

TehSaurus
Jun 12, 2006

Zarin posted:

I'm starting to wonder if I haven't somehow made an incredibly terrible mistake . . . . :ohdear:

no need to wonder op

Gunshow Poophole
Sep 14, 2008

OMBUDSMAN
POSTERS LOCAL 42069

Clapping Larry

Real hurthling! posted:

living on a hill in ny has been a pretty win climate strategy so far but theres a lotta time left on the clock for a meteor or tsunsmi to wipe us out so i wont gloat. rip all my low lying brothers and sisters tho cause we do be flooding a lot obviously more often from supercharged storms

yeah, the likelihood of the city making a meaningful recovery from another Sandy seems... remote

up here it'll just be the electric companies abandoning anything far enough away from substations like with those ice storms that really hosed up CT/MA a couple years back. power's out? Well let's see here uhhh how's a 2 week horizon work for you

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cold on a Cob
Feb 6, 2006

i've seen so much, i'm going blind
and i'm brain dead virtually

College Slice

SirPablo posted:

Earth goes through natural cycles.

*walks into a funeral of someone who was brutally murdered in their early twenties*

"what's all the crying for? humans go through natural cycles"