Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Arquinsiel
Jun 1, 2006

"There is no such thing as society. There are individual men and women, and there are families. And no government can do anything except through people, and people must look to themselves first."

God Bless Margaret Thatcher
God Bless England
RIP My Iron Lady

The_Doctor posted:

Depending on what AST means, we might finally see a re-release of the Netflix BB mould? Or a new one!
If you're still hunting that Banba Toymaster in Dublin had a few recently. Might still be in stock.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."

Arquinsiel posted:

If you're still hunting that Banba Toymaster in Dublin had a few recently. Might still be in stock.

Huh, next to the Smyths?

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

TaurusOxford posted:

Invictus needs a third party to light their darkest hour. :v:

Third parties doing designs that aren't G1 or IDW? Madness.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

Sockser posted:

I am not following you at all

Animated Prowl is specifically Legacy Universe Animated Prowl. He's just gonna have cool tit windows and Lemmy's face, there's no way they're going to make new toys that are actually in the aesthetics of Animated, and I don't know how you'd pull that from the name alone, when we already have Prowl.
until they show pictures otherwise I believe it will be in the style of animated and not pseudo-animated like that recent prowl and bulkhead. Prove me wrong, hasbro :colbert:

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

A little privacy, please?
Bulkhead isn't psuedo-Animated, he's psuedo-Prime.

Arquinsiel
Jun 1, 2006

"There is no such thing as society. There are individual men and women, and there are families. And no government can do anything except through people, and people must look to themselves first."

God Bless England
RIP My Iron Lady

drrockso20 posted:

Pluto has this too
Did a dig and apparently Pluto just supply Samsung's streaming service under a different brand. Nice free option for mindless TV at least.

The_Doctor posted:

Huh, next to the Smyths?
Yup, that's the one.

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

DoctorWhat posted:

Bulkhead isn't psuedo-Animated, he's psuedo-Prime.

He says Prime on the box, but he's an APC like Animated.

Joe Fisto
Dec 6, 2002

And I looked, and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was Death, and Hell followed with him.
I found Studio Series Rhinox today. Has anything ever been more grey? Rhinox: None More Grey.

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

Dabir posted:

He says Prime on the box, but he's an APC like Animated.

Except he’s not. He’s a military truck with a tarp over the bed. Which is something that neither Bulkhead ever was but fits Prime BH more.

Robot Style
Jul 5, 2009

Yeah, the design lineage that led to Legacy Bulkhead feels more like it went:

Animated Bulkhead > Prime Bulkhead > Movie Hound > Legacy Bulkhead

Knormal
Nov 11, 2001

very risky blowjob posted:

i just keep this post on TFW2005 bookmarked tbh. they've been keeping the first post of the thread well-organized and updated as far as confirmed/rumored leaks

https://www.tfw2005.com/boards/threads/the-tf-legacy-appreciation-thread.1222204/

quote:

-Level A Ast 86 Bumblebee​
Huh, whatever "Level A" is, I wonder if that's the mainline VW Bumblebee they mentioned they were going to try to do, and then the Walmart "Next Gen Bumblebee" is that that mold as Goldbug?

Joe Fisto
Dec 6, 2002

And I looked, and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was Death, and Hell followed with him.
Shattered Glass Rodimus is supposed to ship soon from Pulse. That'll be my first SG fig, I missed out on the previous mustached 'Rod, I'm excited for this one. Oh and not-Wheeljack looks good too. Love the colors.

Other
Jul 10, 2007

Post it easy!

Knormal posted:

Huh, whatever "Level A" is, I wonder if that's the mainline VW Bumblebee they mentioned they were going to try to do, and then the Walmart "Next Gen Bumblebee" is that that mold as Goldbug?

Next Gen BB is probably the BB from the upcoming video game Reactivate

Knormal
Nov 11, 2001

Oh yeah, I forgot about that game. That'd make sense.

flavor.flv
Apr 18, 2008

I got a letter from the government the other day
opened it, read it
it said they was bitches

Dabir posted:

Anyone know if Dicelings are fairly weighted when they're all collapsed up as dice? I'd assume they wouldn't be because come on, that would be crazy effort for something nobody would notice, but like, it's not beyond the realm of believability that some absolute nerd in the design team would do that.

Turns out somebody did the math already (for the first wave at least)

Looks like the dragons roll decently fairly, which is good because they're the ones that don't have any seams directly on the edges so you could actually use them as dice for a decent amount of time without them coming apart

flavor.flv
Apr 18, 2008

I got a letter from the government the other day
opened it, read it
it said they was bitches

Also, now that I have one of each of the diceling moulds, I can do a proper review

Dragons
If you're only going to get one, this is it. Super posable, zero kibble, and you can actually use this one as a die if you want. And you get your choice of colours! The red dragon looks the best imo, but it has the biggest head and is the hardest to transform. The black dragon's head is made of much rubberier material and squishes up easily, but the horns will almost certainly warp in the box and the paint won't stick to it very well. You can tell that Hasbro learned a lesson from this because the dragons in the later waves all have much smaller heads

Owlbear
This guy comes out so much worse than the photos. The transformation is flimsy, the die barely holds together, there are parts that look like they're made to fold flat but don't and you'll almost certainly put some stress marks on the plastic your first try. Barely any posability, really bad kibble, only get it if you're completing a set or you really like the idea of owlbears (understandable)

Beholder
I didn't even plan to get this guy, it looked so bad in the photos. But toys r us had a sale so I picked one up and I really like it! The face just gives it so much personality it's hard to stay mad at the terrible kibble. I actually recommend leaving the two rear panels untransformed. It makes the whole thing much more solid and gets rid of the most egregious kibble at the expense of 4 of the 10 eyestalks. Just a round little guy, I love him

Displacer Beast
Wasn't going to get this guy either, but it's decent. Yes, the tentacles are egregiously large and a little kibbly, but you can position them to hide that, and it's just as posable as the dragons. The transparent one is more unique, but the paint apps on the solid black one are what tipped the scales. Good kitty.

Mimic
Fully expected this one to be my favourite, and it definitely looks good on a shelf, but it has a lot of problems you only notice in-hand. The mouth looks great, but the rest of it suffers. The bottom half of the chest is made up of three panels that don't even try to touch at the corners, and the back is completely open. If you were hoping to be able to close up the top with the tongue and have it look vaguely like a mundane treasure chest, no dice. Still pretty good, tons of personality, just not the best in the line

DisposableHero
Feb 25, 2005
bah weep granna weep ninny bong

flavor.flv posted:

Also, now that I have one of each of the diceling moulds, I can do a proper review

Dragons
If you're only going to get one, this is it. Super posable, zero kibble, and you can actually use this one as a die if you want. And you get your choice of colours! The red dragon looks the best imo, but it has the biggest head and is the hardest to transform. The black dragon's head is made of much rubberier material and squishes up easily, but the horns will almost certainly warp in the box and the paint won't stick to it very well. You can tell that Hasbro learned a lesson from this because the dragons in the later waves all have much smaller heads

Owlbear
This guy comes out so much worse than the photos. The transformation is flimsy, the die barely holds together, there are parts that look like they're made to fold flat but don't and you'll almost certainly put some stress marks on the plastic your first try. Barely any posability, really bad kibble, only get it if you're completing a set or you really like the idea of owlbears (understandable)

Beholder
I didn't even plan to get this guy, it looked so bad in the photos. But toys r us had a sale so I picked one up and I really like it! The face just gives it so much personality it's hard to stay mad at the terrible kibble. I actually recommend leaving the two rear panels untransformed. It makes the whole thing much more solid and gets rid of the most egregious kibble at the expense of 4 of the 10 eyestalks. Just a round little guy, I love him

Displacer Beast
Wasn't going to get this guy either, but it's decent. Yes, the tentacles are egregiously large and a little kibbly, but you can position them to hide that, and it's just as posable as the dragons. The transparent one is more unique, but the paint apps on the solid black one are what tipped the scales. Good kitty.

Mimic
Fully expected this one to be my favourite, and it definitely looks good on a shelf, but it has a lot of problems you only notice in-hand. The mouth looks great, but the rest of it suffers. The bottom half of the chest is made up of three panels that don't even try to touch at the corners, and the back is completely open. If you were hoping to be able to close up the top with the tongue and have it look vaguely like a mundane treasure chest, no dice. Still pretty good, tons of personality, just not the best in the line

This matches my experience pretty well. The Owlbear mold I find doubly confusing because it has a flap on the upper forearm that has feather patterning on it but it doesn't lay flat if you fold it so you can see that and works better layed flat.

The mimic, despite the issues I enjoy converting the most. I think that's mostly due to it being the one that has clear spots all parts go in more than others. The Dragons, Displacer Beast and Owlbear all have some form of arranging limbs inside the shells so it all folds correctly and (particularly with the dragons) I have a hard time getting that right.

Arquinsiel
Jun 1, 2006

God Bless England
RIP My Iron Lady
Yeah the dragons are extremely odd that way. You have to rotate the ball joints and bend the hinges just so to get them to curl up together and fit properly. If you are even slightly off then the wings won't clip into position correctly.

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

Ha, I stopped in at Forbidden Planet today and naturally they only had the owlbear, the beholder, and the red and black dragons

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."

I want to get a mimic one because it’s probably the closest to a toy of The Luggage from Terry Pratchett’s Discworld we’ll ever get.

Arquinsiel
Jun 1, 2006

God Bless England
RIP My Iron Lady
There's an official line of miniatures somewhere and they're pretty great, if toy soldiers are a thing you care about.

Dabir posted:

Ha, I stopped in at Forbidden Planet today and naturally they only had the owlbear, the beholder, and the red and black dragons
The red dragon was surprisingly hard to get when I went looking for it, but I get the impression that they were so popular that there must have been a restock or something. Of course now that I have the one dragon I am completely done with the line because that was all I wanted really.

very risky blowjob
Sep 27, 2015

(jock jams y'all ready for this music starts playing)

https://news.tfw2005.com/2023/08/21/skybounds-transformers-2023-comic-series-4-page-preview-of-issue-1-493293

spoilers for the people who care about "but what kind of setting is it going to be?!" -- spike and his gf find a whole bunch of dead-rear end robots in a crashed-rear end Ark, if you're sick of G1 looks like you're gonna stay sick

edit: further spoilers for confirmed robot appearances: prime, starscream, skywarp, soundwave, prowl, ironhide, ratchet, bumblebee, and two robots in the upper right who i can't quite identify: one of them kind of looks like huffer without his truck-cab backpack, and the other has a gun-arm and may possibly be a weirdly colored hoist?

very risky blowjob fucked around with this message at 05:37 on Aug 22, 2023

Knormal
Nov 11, 2001

I found a Brawn. Man, that's a neat transformation. I'm probably just going through withdrawals since Beachcomber, Shrapnel, the Armada guys, etc. have pretty much all been their original figures, but bigger/smaller. Brawn was a breath of fresh air seeing where all the bits tuck away to make a very compact little Land Rover.

very risky blowjob posted:

(jock jams y'all ready for this music starts playing)

https://news.tfw2005.com/2023/08/21/skybounds-transformers-2023-comic-series-4-page-preview-of-issue-1-493293

spoilers for the people who care about "but what kind of setting is it going to be?!" -- spike and his gf find a whole bunch of dead-rear end robots in a crashed-rear end Ark, if you're sick of G1 looks like you're gonna stay sick

edit: further spoilers for confirmed robot appearances: prime, starscream, skywarp, soundwave, prowl, ironhide, ratchet, bumblebee, and two robots in the upper right who i can't quite identify: one of them kind of looks like huffer without his truck-cab backpack, and the other has a gun-arm and may possibly be a weirdly colored hoist?

I see they're doing a nod to Beast Wars by making Spike a caveman.

Knormal
Nov 11, 2001

Sorry to double post, but this is important.

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

Has Not Actually Done Cocaine
honestly after both IDW runs I am actually more than ready for a more back to basics setup for Transformers, besides I'm sure there will be more than plenty to make it stand apart from either Sunbow or Marvel G1 once it gets going, particularly if the stuff we're seeing with Void Rivals ends up intersecting into things

Regular Wario
Mar 27, 2010

Slippery Tilde

Knormal posted:

i've seen that megatron face on an alien before and i cant remember what its from and its killing me

Fil5000
Jun 23, 2003

HOLD ON GUYS I'M POSTING ABOUT INTERNET ROBOTS

drrockso20 posted:

honestly after both IDW runs I am actually more than ready for a more back to basics setup for Transformers, besides I'm sure there will be more than plenty to make it stand apart from either Sunbow or Marvel G1 once it gets going, particularly if the stuff we're seeing with Void Rivals ends up intersecting into things

In fairness idw v1 started out as a slight twist on the basics rather than totally different, it just ran for so long that "transformers fighting on earth" ran out of legs and "what happens when a four million year old war ends" was an interesting place to go next. I hope this new run is good but what's been said so far is not making me interested in picking it up.

very risky blowjob
Sep 27, 2015

I wanna see Daniel Warren Johnson drawing Transformers

so far, it's delivering

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

Knormal posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=62UzLgdb1GQ

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

Non Compos Mentis posted:

i've seen that megatron face on an alien before and i cant remember what its from and its killing me

Star Wars, google “Duros” or “Cad Bane”

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

My incredible goodposting transcends time and space but still it cannot transform the xbone into a good console.
Lipstick Apathy
That is absolutely Jetfire flying at the Ark there in the last panel or I may or may not eat a delicious hat made of fruit or candy.

the guy from Semisonic
Jan 13, 2006

Let's kick some gigabutt!

Bleak Gremlin

CAPT. Rainbowbeard posted:

That is absolutely Jetfire flying at the Ark there in the last panel or I may or may not eat a delicious hat made of fruit or candy.

I was thinking it was the Sky Spy satellite launching.

TealShark
Mar 22, 2004

I shall duck behind that little garbage car.

Knormal posted:

Finally, someone created the perfect Halloween costume: Jay Leno Starscream.

Robot Style
Jul 5, 2009

Fil5000 posted:

In fairness idw v1 started out as a slight twist on the basics rather than totally different, it just ran for so long that "transformers fighting on earth" ran out of legs and "what happens when a four million year old war ends" was an interesting place to go next. I hope this new run is good but what's been said so far is not making me interested in picking it up.

There's a couple of interviews with Daniel Warren Johnson where he talks about being into the old G1/G2 Marvel comics and dipping in & out of the IDW stuff, so he's definitely aware of where a Transformers series could go if the series runs long enough. It also sounds like the decision to do a straight G1 reboot comes from Skybound wanting a blank slate Transformers story without any continuity baggage that newcomers can jump right into without having to watch a Chris McFeely video first.

Fil5000
Jun 23, 2003

HOLD ON GUYS I'M POSTING ABOUT INTERNET ROBOTS

Robot Style posted:

There's a couple of interviews with Daniel Warren Johnson where he talks about being into the old G1/G2 Marvel comics and dipping in & out of the IDW stuff, so he's definitely aware of where a Transformers series could go if the series runs long enough. It also sounds like the decision to do a straight G1 reboot comes from Skybound wanting a blank slate Transformers story without any continuity baggage that newcomers can jump right into without having to watch a Chris McFeely video first.

But then how will they know that Starscream's original toy was from the Takara toy line "Diaclone" and imported by Hasbro to form the first year of The Transformers toy line?

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe
Clearly that goes in his introdump.

Silhouette
Nov 16, 2002

SONIC BOOM!!!

TealShark posted:

Finally, someone created the perfect Halloween costume: Gray Leno Starscream.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WO68_Qlc4bo

Electrophotonic
Mar 14, 2010

They're gonna stop
Saturday night
So you better have fun now
I PREDICT

I'm pretty new to the TF fandom and decided to go to TFNation on a whim, but I was throughly smitten by the experience and I'm going to try to make it next year too.

The Triple Takeover podcast and their series on the Energon toys enabled me on these two hearty fellows (plus a whole load of Minicons). I've missed robots that commit to being toys and sport interesting and original colour schemes, and don't try to be some kind of transforming action figures attempting to have both toy isle appeal while appeasing nostalgic adult collectors.

That said, Snow Cat IS a homage to the GI Joe vehicle of the same name so idk.

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe
Did Movie Battletrap hit store shelves in Canada at all yet? I know he's come and gone at the online stores like A3U, but I'm still seeing TFTM Ironhide around.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Bunch of preorders up.

https://twitter.com/preterniadotcom/status/1694757543770194157

Sprung for Ratchet and Frenzy (Red).