Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jimbot
Jul 22, 2008

Mr. Apollo posted:

Almost a 4 minute "teaser" trailer, impressive.

Zack's so bad at making smaller length films even his teasers run long! Sad!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gorn Myson
Aug 8, 2007

I had high expectations and that surpassed them. Thats going to be an experience on a big screen.

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

That was pretty intense, huh?

There are also blue fireswords.

Space Fish
Oct 14, 2008

The original Big Tuna.

Haven't watched the trailer yet, just hyped up from reading these scant descriptions. Tried looking it up during lunch break and nearly fell for a cobbled-together fan teaser from a month ago.

Mr. Apollo
Nov 8, 2000

Detective No. 27 posted:

Anyone else notice that the two implements Kora uses in the trailer are a hammer and sickle? (Ok it’s a scythe, close enough.)
typical snyder libertarian-fascist propaganda

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

teagone posted:

There are also blue fireswords.

Zack Snyder finally got to the DLC in Dark Souls 2

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

The blue fireswords are used by the evil space nazis. The red fireswords are used by the rebel freedom fighters.

Babysitter Super Sleuth
Apr 26, 2012

my posts are as bad the Current Releases review of Gone Girl

Weird guys: vince disinterested
hosed up little guys: vince intrigued
hosed up little guys doing normal things, but menacingly: vince panting

Snowman_McK
Jan 31, 2010
Can't believe Snyder made a movie exclusively out of live action recreations of weird sci fi fantasy book covers, the same way Doom Eternal wove its plot exclusively out of heavy metal album covers.

gently caress yeah. It looks like it's got a bunch of cool poo poo, a bunch of goofy poo poo and a bunch of cool goofy poo poo. I was already on board.

Chairman Capone
Dec 17, 2008

Looks awesome. I mean this in the best way: this looks like Snyder's Jupiter Ascending.

Megaman's Jockstrap
Jul 16, 2000

What a horrible thread to have a post.
I will say that if Frazetta was alive he would have absolutely done the poster.

Huh...now that I think about it that might be a fun challenge.

josh04
Oct 19, 2008

"THE FLASH IS THE REASON
TO RACE TO THE THEATRES"

This title contains sponsored content.

Chairman Capone posted:

Looks awesome. I mean this in the best way: this looks like Snyder's Jupiter Ascending.

I also had this thought

Snowman_McK
Jan 31, 2010

josh04 posted:

I also had this thought

Mixed in with quite a lot of French Comic books.

Plus anime, obviously. Because it's Snyder.

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

I hope robot Anthony Hopkins kicks a bunch of rear end.

Total Meatlove
Jan 28, 2007

:japan:
Rangers died, shoujo Hitler cried ;_;

Snowman_McK posted:

Mixed in with quite a lot of French Comic books.

Plus anime, obviously. Because it's Snyder.

Isn’t Jupiter Ascending plus French comic books not Luc Besson & Metal Hurlant Chronicles?

Snowman_McK
Jan 31, 2010

Total Meatlove posted:

Isn’t Jupiter Ascending plus French comic books not Luc Besson & Metal Hurlant Chronicles?

No Luc Besson is dead and always was.

Also, hey fellow person who remembers Metal Hurlant Chronicles. We need to find the other two people who've seen that and form a band.

Actually, turns out I was thinking of 'the Mutant Chronicles' never mind.

The Peccadillo
Mar 4, 2013

We Have Important Work To Do
YA sci-fi novel poo poo seems right up Zach's alley. I don't know if this is an adaptation of one but it sure as hell feels like it

Rabelais D
Dec 11, 2012

ts'u nnu k'u k'o t'khye:
A demon doth defecate at thy door
I'm worried that the production design seems a bit incoherent, but I suppose we're seeing different worlds etc.

Can't wait for Snyder's take on Bellerophon taming the pegasus.

Space Fish
Oct 14, 2008

The original Big Tuna.

Trailer has given me the utmost faith, plus I will keep saying "Snyder Metabarons" until it manifests.

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost
Trailer has me optimistic. Hoping for good stuff.

Total Meatlove
Jan 28, 2007

:japan:
Rangers died, shoujo Hitler cried ;_;

Snowman_McK posted:

No Luc Besson is dead and always was.

Also, hey fellow person who remembers Metal Hurlant Chronicles. We need to find the other two people who've seen that and form a band.

Actually, turns out I was thinking of 'the Mutant Chronicles' never mind.

You should watch Métal Hurlant (though I think it’s a decade since I have). The James Marsters episode was really well done

Horizon Burning
Oct 23, 2019
:discourse:
the weird eye motif/logo the bad guys have going on is very neat, looking forward to it

Bogus Adventure
Jan 11, 2017

More like "Bulges Adventure"

Megaman's Jockstrap posted:

I will say that if Frazetta was alive he would have absolutely done the poster.

Huh...now that I think about it that might be a fun challenge.

Hell yes

This movie looks amazing. As always, Snyder takes big swings with designs and ideas. Also lolling at Disney looking at this pitch and deciding to make Solo: A Star Wars Story instead.

checkplease
Aug 17, 2006

Smellrose
drat there’s so much movie in this trailer, robots, spider mechs, glowing swords, spaceships, kings, violins, fields of wheat, and gryphons!

checkplease
Aug 17, 2006

Smellrose
Also what were Ayn Rand’s feelings on gryphons

Bogus Adventure
Jan 11, 2017

checkplease posted:

Also what were Ayn Rand’s feelings on gryphons

She hates the ones who help people in trouble.

Only Kindness
Oct 12, 2016
Somewhat surprised, but gratified, that the Woman-Spider doesn't look like absolute garbage. (I mean, this is a very-literal riff on Lyssa, The Widow Of The Web, right?)

DeimosRising
Oct 17, 2005

¡Hola SEA!

SuperMechagodzilla posted:

Hyped for the one shot of dudes playing violin.

this looks like 12 movies lol

i hope the violin subplot gets 10 minutes at least

reignonyourparade
Nov 15, 2012
"I do so love this part" is gonna be a meme reaction image, I can feel it

checkplease
Aug 17, 2006

Smellrose
Speed ramping violin shots

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

Bogus Adventure posted:

Hell yes

This movie looks amazing. As always, Snyder takes big swings with designs and ideas. Also lolling at Disney looking at this pitch and deciding to make Solo: A Star Wars Story instead.

I’ve heard that Snyder made his pitch like a year before the Disney buyout. Would take me forever to find a source.

It does make me wonder if the seed of Finn’s story was planted by the pitch.

Neo Rasa
Mar 8, 2007
Everyone should play DUKE games.

:dukedog:

Finally watch this, gently caress yes.

GoldStandardConure
Jun 11, 2010

I have to kill fast
and mayflies too slow

Pillbug
Gryphons & Dryders: together at last.

The shots of the Anthony Hopkins robot, one where he is a field of fireflies? wee drones? where they all switch colours, and the other quick shot of the robot wearing a flower crown have me super intrigued about his character.

Space Fish
Oct 14, 2008

The original Big Tuna.

Detective No. 27 posted:

I’ve heard that Snyder made his pitch like a year before the Disney buyout. Would take me forever to find a source.

https://www.polygon.com/23840513/rebel-moon-zack-snyder-star-wars-sci-fi-preview

“I remember calling Zack at some point 15 years ago,” producer Eric Newman said at a splashy Hollywood Hills preview event for the film. Newman previously worked with Snyder on Dawn of the Dead. “He was talking about a ‘Seven Jedi’ movie in the Star Wars universe.”

... But the pitch, which eventually made its way to Lucasfilm, was never developed for many reasons, one being Disney’s acquisition of Lucasfilm in 2012 and that brass’ approach to the franchise.

The theatrical Star Wars movies have largely revolved around legacy characters, but Snyder’s plan involved an entirely fresh cast, with no relationships to past Star Wars protagonists. When Lucasfilm’s plan for the sequel trilogy fell into place, Snyder’s movie disappeared from any future planning boards. But that may be for the better.

SuperMechagodzilla
Jun 9, 2007

NEWT REBORN

teagone posted:

I hope robot Anthony Hopkins kicks a bunch of rear end.

Casting Hopkins as C3PO ‘cause he’s also named Anthony.

Jimbot
Jul 22, 2008

Space Fish posted:

https://www.polygon.com/23840513/rebel-moon-zack-snyder-star-wars-sci-fi-preview

“I remember calling Zack at some point 15 years ago,” producer Eric Newman said at a splashy Hollywood Hills preview event for the film. Newman previously worked with Snyder on Dawn of the Dead. “He was talking about a ‘Seven Jedi’ movie in the Star Wars universe.”

... But the pitch, which eventually made its way to Lucasfilm, was never developed for many reasons, one being Disney’s acquisition of Lucasfilm in 2012 and that brass’ approach to the franchise.

The theatrical Star Wars movies have largely revolved around legacy characters, but Snyder’s plan involved an entirely fresh cast, with no relationships to past Star Wars protagonists. When Lucasfilm’s plan for the sequel trilogy fell into place, Snyder’s movie disappeared from any future planning boards. But that may be for the better.

Something that didn't involve legacy characters? Can't have that!

And man, those comments are so wretched. Lots of joyless people on the internet.

McCloud
Oct 27, 2005

Courtesy of Account Supervisor

Also yeah, looking into Super Evil megacorp or whatever the game company is called, the only games they made have been mobile games and Mobas, so the expectations are tremendously low there. But the movie looks absolutely insane in the best possible way. Sci fi fantasy at its best

Bogus Adventure
Jan 11, 2017

All of this looks loving amazing.

Also, I'm lolling at the lens flare and how it's placed in ways that don't take attention or block key details. You can still clearly see what is going on, unlike this bullshit:

I want to highlight this gif in particular:

The way the flare actually draws your attention to the figure leaping into the air is really cool. I like that it highlights the action in the scene rather than just making things blurry. I could be more of a stickler on this because I'm getting old and my eyes are not what they used to be (lol, they were lovely even when I was young, but I guess I've got to get my lasik touched up), but flare that obscures the actions or scenes make it harder for me to focus on them. Snyder uses them, but they either fade out in favor of the action or highlight a detail without covering up the scene (like that top gif having the light point towards the droid narrator like it's highlighting it). I can see everything clearly, and I appreciate that attention to detail.

AccountSupervisor
Aug 3, 2004

I am greatful for my loop pedal

Chairman Capone posted:

Hell yes fellow Jupiter Ascending fan. I have watched that movie a dumb amount of times just for the visuals. Mila Kunis is awful in it but I just adore its cinematography and set pieces. Nothing modern delivers that kind of space opera imagery for me, but looks like RM will finally take its place.

I still think the Chicago ship chase is one of the most amazing chase sequences ever. It is so bonkers good and has some of the most impressive A to B action choreography Ive ever seen. Its brilliant.

Even shares a cast member with Bae Doona!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Peccadillo
Mar 4, 2013

We Have Important Work To Do

Bogus Adventure posted:

All of this looks loving amazing.

Also, I'm lolling at the lens flare and how it's placed in ways that don't take attention or block key details. You can still clearly see what is going on, unlike this bullshit:

I want to highlight this gif in particular:

The way the flare actually draws your attention to the figure leaping into the air is really cool. I like that it highlights the action in the scene rather than just making things blurry. I could be more of a stickler on this because I'm getting old and my eyes are not what they used to be (lol, they were lovely even when I was young, but I guess I've got to get my lasik touched up), but flare that obscures the actions or scenes make it harder for me to focus on them. Snyder uses them, but they either fade out in favor of the action or highlight a detail without covering up the scene (like that top gif having the light point towards the droid narrator like it's highlighting it). I can see everything clearly, and I appreciate that attention to

JJ puts dazzle camouflage on his movies so you can't tell that they're bad