Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Panic! At The Tesco
Aug 19, 2005

FART

i'll still check it out but as soon i heard niles wasn't back i went completely of the idea of new frasier.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Marenghi
Oct 16, 2008

Don't trust the liberals,
they will betray you
I don't care for the look of this reboot. I get the feeling it's gonna be a broad sitcom playing to the lowest common denominator.
Also I concur without Niles what's the point. When I look back at my favorite episodes they all had Niles.

Actually I probably would have preferred a solo Niles spin-off over solo Frasier.

https://twitter.com/DiscussingFilm/status/1694013151514153342?s=20

Marenghi fucked around with this message at 18:14 on Aug 22, 2023

GolfHole
Feb 26, 2004

Looks bad man.

Grassy Knowles
Apr 4, 2003

"The original Terminator was a gritty fucking AMAZING piece of sci-fi. Gritty fucking rock-hard MURDER!"

Marenghi posted:

I don't care for the look of this reboot. I get the feeling it's gonna be a broad sitcom playing to the lowest common denominator.
Also I concur without Niles what's the point. When I look back at my favorite episodes they all had Niles.

Actually I probably would have preferred a solo Niles spin-off over solo Frasier.

I will say Frasier was the character from Cheers I was least interested in a spinoff of and it ended up quite nice so I’ll at least check it out.

Dokapon Findom
Dec 5, 2022

They hated Futanari because His posts were shit.
I am interesting in hearing firsthand takes from anyone who manages to watch it but I won't be watching it, myself.

roomtwofifteen
Jul 18, 2007

lol the stills in the Hollywood Reporter article make it look awful

my Paramount+ trial expires on October 11th, maybe that's a good thing

edit: kind of wild to me to not use Trevor Einhorn for Freddy but whatever

roomtwofifteen fucked around with this message at 18:37 on Aug 22, 2023

Panic! At The Tesco
Aug 19, 2005

FART

i will probably pirate it if it isn't on any of the streaming services i already have in the uk tbh. i'll let you guys know if it sucks.

GolfHole
Feb 26, 2004

actor: i don't want to be typecast

audience: oh....

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

I'm nae the voice o' the darkened thistle, but th' darkened thistle cannae bear the sight o' our Bonnie Prince Bernie nae mair.

Marenghi posted:

I like the episode where Niles hosts the show

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

I'm nae the voice o' the darkened thistle, but th' darkened thistle cannae bear the sight o' our Bonnie Prince Bernie nae mair.
Also this looks terrible

ynohtna
Feb 16, 2007

backwoods compatible
Illegal Hen
I have zero hope for this. Those pictures do not speak to anything good.

The Saucer Hovers
May 16, 2005

Grassy Knowles posted:

I will say Frasier was the character from Cheers I was least interested in a spinoff of and it ended up quite nice so I’ll at least check it out.

lol ur old

Cosmik Slop
Oct 9, 2007

What's a hole doing in my TARDIS?

Marenghi posted:

Sherry: hey, now that's my kind of show!

Frasier: ....oh dear GOD

Grassy Knowles
Apr 4, 2003

"The original Terminator was a gritty fucking AMAZING piece of sci-fi. Gritty fucking rock-hard MURDER!"

Yeah lol I remember appointment television

LividLiquid
Apr 13, 2002

If they do something horrible like say Cheers was demolished to explain why he doesn't hang out there anymore, I'm out.

Otherwise, I'll give it a go before Paramount+ dies.

Rockman Reserve
Oct 2, 2007

"Carbons? Purge? What are you talking about?!"

Cosmik Slop posted:

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

Frasier? Please, I just met her.

The Saucer Hovers
May 16, 2005

you can almost see the christian ministry oozing from those stills

Annabel Pee
Dec 29, 2008
The one positive from those stills is at least Rodney has aged into looking like someone who should be on Fraiser rather than just looking like Rodney, I don’t think I could have handled that.

egon_beeblebrox
Mar 1, 2008

WILL AMOUNT TO NOTHING IN LIFE.

If he's back in Boston and Paramount+ didn't shell out the cash for a Ted Danson cameo, what's the point of it?

Annabel Pee
Dec 29, 2008
Maybe they will do a reverse of that story of Frasier and Niles investing in their dads bar and have Freddy’s company buying out the cheers land. Probably with some outdated reference like e-gaming or bitcoin.

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

"Are you forgetting that just this afternoon I was punched in the face by a turtle now dead?
It's a barcade that features the Frasier beat 'em up.

ynohtna
Feb 16, 2007

backwoods compatible
Illegal Hen

Annabel Pee posted:

The one positive from those stills is at least Rodney has aged into looking like someone who should be on Fraiser rather than just looking like Rodney, I don’t think I could have handled that.

Holy poo poo, I hadn't clocked that the croney was RoddersDave!

He looks more fool than horse now.

Dokapon Findom
Dec 5, 2022

Cosmik Slop posted:

lol :same:

Rev. Melchisedech Howler
Sep 5, 2006

You know. Leather.

Hollywood Reporter Article posted:

The series is from writers Chris Harris (How I Met Your Mother) and Joe Cristalli (Life in Pieces)

:lmao:

Marenghi
Oct 16, 2008

they will betray you
I've no idea what life in pieces is in. But the bar shot did remind me of the set from How I Met Your Mother and I guess that's why.

For a show I liked when I was younger HIMYM has not aged well. There was a lot of humor and plots that were rapey in retrospect, it would not have survived being aired during the metoo era.

Grassy Knowles
Apr 4, 2003

Marenghi posted:

I've no idea what life in pieces is in.

It was Colin Hanks I didnt hate it

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

Do Daphne's friends Charlotte and Maggie appear in more than one episode?

Marenghi
Oct 16, 2008

they will betray you
I don't think so. There's a few times she's popped into cafe nervosa to and chatted with a character for some brief exposition before heading rear of stage to meet her friends played by extras. But as far as times we've seen her on screen with friends, from what i remember, it's been that one episode with those two, and a separate episode with her Asian friend that Martin has a creepy crush on because of his time in the Korean war.

There's probably more instances of friends showing up around the wedding but I don't remember those episodes as well. I tend to drop off on re-watches around that time most of it drags after that.

TITTIEKISSER69
Mar 19, 2005

SAVE THE BEES
PLANT MORE TREES
CLEAN THE SEAS
KISS TITTIESS

https://www.instagram.com/reel/CwnkWe_v39k/?igshid=MzRlODBiNWFlZA==

codo27
Apr 21, 2008

TV movie?

We all know the new season is gonna be bad. I just hope this thread can churn enough comedy out of making fun of it to be worthwhile.

BigBadSteve
Apr 29, 2009

Frasier revival: Oh, it smells like poo poo in here

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

Marenghi posted:

I don't think so. There's a few times she's popped into cafe nervosa to and chatted with a character for some brief exposition before heading rear of stage to meet her friends played by extras. But as far as times we've seen her on screen with friends, from what i remember, it's been that one episode with those two, and a separate episode with her Asian friend that Martin has a creepy crush on because of his time in the Korean war.

There's probably more instances of friends showing up around the wedding but I don't remember those episodes as well. I tend to drop off on re-watches around that timeL most of it drags after that.

That's sad. If I could have anything from Frasier I'd like a little more character development for Daphne

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.

Teriyaki Hairpiece posted:

That's sad. If I could have anything from Frasier I'd like a little more character development for Daphne

Given the producers' treatment of Roz I might not have gotten my hopes up. Sitcoms of that era were pretty bad about actually developing women, from what I recall.

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

If I could have anything from Frasier it'd be Daphne getting trampolined into the sun.

Jane Leeves is a fine actor but I hated the character's schtick on that show, it always felt like it brought it a notch closer to normal tired sitcom jokes and fuckin hell, once they get together, woof.

Dokapon Findom
Dec 5, 2022

Every time Daphne's friends aren't on screen, all the other characters should be asking, where's Daphne's friends?

Inspector Hound
Jul 14, 2003

Should have been Niles and Roz

Throw the tomatoes

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

I like the moments when Daphne is dark and weird or playing some kind of trick on Frasier to make her life easier. Or when she's actually a physical therapist and not a maid

poonchasta
Feb 22, 2007

FFFFAAAFFFFF FFFFFAAAAAAAFFFFF FFFFFFFFAAAAAAFFFFF FFFFFFFAAAAAAAFFFFFF FFFFFFFAAAAAAAFFFFF

I like the moments when Daphne is dark and weird or playing some kind of trick on Frasier to make her life easier. Or when she's actually a physical therapist and not a maid

That poo poo seemed like it sucked because she was basically on the clock all the time in what was supposed to be her home. Always having to answer the door and cooking every meal. gently caress.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

Yeah that's why it's funny when she makes up fake British poo poo to get the Crane boys to leave her alone for a minute