Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pretzel Rod Serling
Aug 6, 2008

smallmouth posted:

Did they talk at all about how levels are going to work? Were they changing that, or did I misunderstand?

players who are less than 5 Power below the person with the highest Power will be yanked up to 5 below. if they’re higher than that, they’ll hold onto theirs

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

I don't think I've ever seen or heard anyone mention guided games since the idea was brought up, I thought it just died in beta lol

Fireteam finder works pretty well on the site though

FlapYoJacks
Feb 12, 2009

Kith posted:

sniped from the stream:

looks like new weapons and activities every 6 weeks, new armor set and new exotic weapon every 18 weeks

not a bad cadence tbh

How is this different than seasons???? :goofy:

Pretzel Rod Serling
Aug 6, 2008

I think there are a couple of exclusive emblems or triumphs or whatever. it’s also a lot more useful for you if you’re looking for someone to guide than if you’re seeking, because there are aaaalways way more people looking for help than looking TO help

smallmouth
Oct 1, 2009

FlapYoJacks posted:

You see, this one has 11 9.

Kith
Sep 17, 2009

You never learn anything
by doing it right.

MJeff posted:

They're literally talking about how the seasonal model was too repetitive and hit its limit and how episodes are going to be different, took literally ten minutes for that dumbass to get proven wrong.

oh yeah i know they're being dumb as poo poo, i was just taking the opportunity to post the thing

RocketRaygun
Nov 7, 2015

FlapYoJacks posted:

it's 3 seasons with 2 midseason patches.

RocketRaygun
Nov 7, 2015

smallmouth posted:

Did they talk at all about how levels are going to work? Were they changing that, or did I misunderstand?

Yeah, basically, you will level from 0-100, and it's account wide, not gear based. Most things wont have a power level requirement so whatever power level you are, it'll be a fixed difficulty. For those that do have a power level requirement, the highest power level of your fireteam will set your fireteam's power level and everyone in it will be set to that power level.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Oh lol, the season actually is Eris becoming a Hive God to kill Xivu Arath for Reasons

lmao, well good luck with that. It's not like we had to do that to kill the last three of those we did though.

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business
That seasonal intro cinematic was a touch heavy on the exposition side.

dodgeblan
Jul 20, 2019
everything about the pale heart environment design knocks it out of the park goddamn

trippy psychedelic destiny will always be the best destiny

Meiteron
Apr 4, 2008

Whoa! You're gonna be a legend!

Kith posted:

sniped from the stream:

looks like new weapons and activities every 6 weeks, new armor set and new exotic weapon every 18 weeks

not a bad cadence tbh

I'm going to reserve judgement until we actually see this in progress, but I'm going to take this as a positive sign.

I think the cadence of four seasons in a year was actively damaging the experience as it dramatically limited the kind of content they could release and the possible scope of that content. Not even that but it almost certainly was the root cause of how static the design of seasons became - when you're constantly on the clock to get a certain number of activities and missions out the door on the timeframe they had it would have been impossible not to fall into design ruts and reusing shapes and structures already implemented just for the time you'd save.

I don't even really care if it's the same amount of annual content in terms of strict time spent. If a slower release cadence lets them up the quality a little, more maps or variations or weapons or whatever, that's a win to me.

Basic Poster
May 11, 2015

Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities.

On Facebook
Lol whoops I guess engrams in inventories were indeed not, safe.

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

FlapYoJacks posted:

I think rather then 6-8 weeks of small bits of weekly content, (followed by a few weeks of nothing) you get 3 bigger batches of content every 6 weeks?

Lexorin
Jul 5, 2000

seems like it's an effort to spread the downtime out over three sub-episodes inside each episode. Instead of several weeks at the end of each season.

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business

quote:

Rat King

This catalyst will now progress through use by the player, not only from fireteam use.

Might actually finish the catalyst now...

quote:

Crafted and Enhanced Weapons now have a new mod socket visible in the inspection screen for weapon level boosting. Players can use Glimmer and Enhancement Cores to apply a Weapon Level Boost mod to directly level their weapon with escalating costs as the weapon level increases.

:unsmith:

ohhyeah
Mar 24, 2016

Lexorin posted:

seems like it's an effort to spread the downtime out over three sub-episodes inside each episode. Instead of several weeks at the end of each season.

Plenty of time to check out one of Bungie’s fine new games coming soon!

It’s hard to tell if this means more, less, or the same amount. After this long I think I’m fine with less Destiny, especially if it potentially means more interesting Destiny.

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

ugh, why's the seasonal LMG gotta be an arc rapid? We already got a craftable one like that.

neutral milf hotel
Oct 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
This seems wild

https://twitter.com/ritzzcar/status/1694052878724342255

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
That showcase gave me hope for the future

Firebert
Aug 16, 2004
Guns look cool this season, curious how much range/accuracy you get from the Nadir Focus origin trait because the Showrunner reprise with Target Lock and Dynamic Sway looks solid. Kinetic tremors there as a back up as well. Heal clip also looks interesting for Solar guns, wonder if that's prep for support ARs.

Firebert fucked around with this message at 21:08 on Aug 22, 2023

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

I don't know if it's actually good or not in the long run but I have a Battle Scar with kinetic tremors and it's fun as hell. Big downside is when it murders something too quickly for them to actually explode lol

Lexorin
Jul 5, 2000

Hexwrought titan greaves look like highheels and a mini-skirt. Actually the hexwrought stuff just looks only loosely matched to each other piece.

dodgeblan
Jul 20, 2019
new supers also look very cool

RBX
Jan 2, 2011

Hunter is the main character confirmed.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

RBX posted:

Hunter is the main character confirmed.

Always has been.

neutral milf hotel
Oct 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

MJeff posted:

Always has been.

ex post facho
Oct 25, 2007

MJeff posted:

Always has been.

ex post facho
Oct 25, 2007
just makes warlocks cooler though

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business

MJeff posted:

Always has been.

RocketRaygun
Nov 7, 2015

MJeff posted:

Always has been.

Snapes N Snapes
Sep 6, 2010

Wow uh some meagre rear end replies after this showcase huh. Dead game.

RBX
Jan 2, 2011

We're playing.

Pretzel Rod Serling
Aug 6, 2008

the summoning thing is Court of Oryx again, it’s fun as heck

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Anyone who said they got the dreaming city ghost is a liar

Aqua Dracula
Nov 2, 2012
Where's the free armor ornaments Joe.

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog
Episodes are a great idea. They just plain aren't up for 4 seasons a year and frankly that is too darn much videogame. Cutting it down to 3 also means their commitment to "new raid or dungeon content each season" is going to be much more manageable. With two dungeons and a raid, they don't even have to worry about fixing Wrath of the Machine to work in D2.

There's also something liberating about "check back in 6 weeks for the next story mission" rather than hoping & wondering if there's going to be new stuff come Tuesday each week

Belial42
Feb 28, 2007

The Sleeper must awaken...with a damn fine can of Georgia coffee.

RBA Starblade posted:

Anyone who said they got the dreaming city ghost is a liar

Just keep going. I’m farming for the collection myself and it’s feast for famine. Happy to do whatever collection pieces you need if you’re on serious over hill discord. I feel the pain of trying to get the title.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Belial42 posted:

Just keep going. I’m farming for the collection myself and it’s feast for famine. Happy to do whatever collection pieces you need if you’re on serious over hill discord. I feel the pain of trying to get the title.

Lol yeah, it's just the ghost. I can do the challenges fine but since that's the only way, three shots a week. I didn't even realize I didn't have it or the shader lol (though that finally dropped) :xcom:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Belial42
Feb 28, 2007

The Sleeper must awaken...with a damn fine can of Georgia coffee.

RBA Starblade posted:

Lol yeah, it's just the ghost. I can do the challenges fine but since that's the only way, three shots a week. I didn't even realize I didn't have it or the shader lol (though that finally dropped) :xcom:

I really do wish you the best. I get it, I only had the ship to get. I think I’d rather the challenges than shattered throne…maybe. Depends on the challenge. That jumping one with the rotating rocks can eat a bag of dicks.