Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

Jewmanji posted:

Trailer for the new Zack Snyder movie (sorry, 3:42 minute long teaser). Looks like it was created by an AI.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_rHLOXbFZtI

edit: Apparently it's a "part 1" and "part 2" affair? Just kill me.

https://twitter.com/ZackSnyder/status/1694054328410218762

Snyder discourse is back baby

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jewmanji
Dec 28, 2003
Take a side, coward

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

That was pretty intense, huh?

Jewmanji posted:

Take a side, coward

READ THE TAG, BITCH :black101:

VAGENDA OF MANOCIDE
Aug 1, 2004

whoa, what just happened here?

College Slice

Jewmanji posted:

Looks like it was created by an AI.

Nah, the humans in the thing have the right number of fingers (although yes, wrong numbers of arms)

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

Jewmanji posted:

Take a side, coward

I have?

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

I thought that said "PART TWO: SCAREGIVER" and I thought "wow, that sounds like something someone like RL Stine would've written."

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

edogawa rando posted:

I thought that said "PART TWO: SCAREGIVER" and I thought "wow, that sounds like something someone like RL Stine would've written."

Lol

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

edogawa rando posted:

:lol: I thought the same at first and really analyzed the word.

Schwarzwald
Jul 27, 2004

Don't Blink
:lol: that Snyder's off brand Star Wars films looks so exactly like if Snyder made an off brand Star Wars film.

Wild that part 2 is coming out so soon after the first. Guess he's once bitten twice shy on studios letting him finish his projects.

Jimbot
Jul 22, 2008

The fascists use the blue plasma swords and the rebels use the red.

As Josh04 put it on discord "blue knives matter"

thrawn527
Mar 27, 2004

Thrawn/Pellaeon
Studying the art of terrorists
To keep you safe

I think that looks amazing. And it's fun to be excited for a new property. I dunno.

Jewmanji
Dec 28, 2003

thrawn527 posted:

I think that looks amazing. And it's fun to be excited for a new property. I dunno.

Well good news:

quote:

“My hope is that this also becomes a massive IP and a universe that can be built out,” the director said... Snyder told Empire magazine that he actually pitched a rated-R “Star Wars” film in 2012 after Disney acquired the George Lucas property. Some reports from that time said that Lucasfilm had indeed committed to the film, then presented as “Seven Samurai” set in the “Star Wars” universe. But if that ever was officially a go, the studio then parted ways with the director as they have multiple others since.

“I knew it was a big ask, to be honest,” Snyder said. “But the deeper I got into it, I realized it was probably never going to be what I wanted.”
:barf:

I love that Snyder is pitching this as the R-rated Star Wars Disney was too chickenshit to make . Edgy!

Sirotan
Oct 17, 2006

Sirotan is a seal.

I have yet to come away from a "part 1" movie with a feeling of satisfaction at the end. I am always annoyed that I have to wait for a conclusion to the story. I hate this trend and wish it would die, but it won't because I know that it is a (successful!) way to make more money by having two box office opportunities.

How that math works for a two-part film being released on Netflix, I have no clue.

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

Jewmanji posted:

Well good news:

I love that Snyder is pitching this as the R-rated Star Wars Disney was too chickenshit to make . Edgy!

Keep putting words in his mouth next it can be the hate-boner you seem to have never let go of. That's a lot of edging.

Jimbot
Jul 22, 2008

Considering the poo poo we got, that rated-R Star Wars would have been a good idea. Let Luke say gently caress.

VAGENDA OF MANOCIDE
Aug 1, 2004

whoa, what just happened here?

College Slice

Sirotan posted:

I have yet to come away from a "part 1" movie with a feeling of satisfaction at the end. I am always annoyed that I have to wait for a conclusion to the story. I hate this trend and wish it would die, but it won't because I know that it is a (successful!) way to make more money by having two box office opportunities.

How that math works for a two-part film being released on Netflix, I have no clue.

Also right now the plan is you only have to wait 6 months instead of 2 years.

thrawn527
Mar 27, 2004

Thrawn/Pellaeon
To keep you safe

Sirotan posted:

Did you like Fellowship of the Ring?

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

That was pretty intense, huh?

Star Wars but sexy and violent sounds pretty cool to me :shrug:

Star Wars could use more shirtless men and buff women.

Sirotan
Oct 17, 2006

Sirotan is a seal.

thrawn527 posted:

Did you like Fellowship of the Ring?

Sure. I realize media being split into multiple parts isn't new, we've been serializing stories for forever. What I am not enjoying is what feels like the recent trend of slapping "Part One" to a movie title to split a single story over two movies (or, hell, three in the case of The Hobbit) usually released a year apart instead of one long movie or (gasp) throwing in an intermission because anything longer than 3 hours means a loss of revenue in the theaters when they can't pack as many showings in. Feels like one of the Harry Potter movies started this, it made a bazillion dollars, and now it's the hot thing to do. Just within the last year there's been Dune, Mission Impossible 7, and Across the Spider-Verse. I get to the end of the movie and am left feeling unsatisfied because there is no resolution. It is doing the opposite of making me excited for the next entry in the series.

Clipperton
Dec 20, 2011
Grimey Drawer

Jimbot posted:

Let Luke say gently caress.

AccountSupervisor
Aug 3, 2004

I am greatful for my loop pedal
I cant even imagine what kind of miserable shortsighted poo poo you must be that in the current media landscape you could watch that trailer and be like "ugh god AI or something"

Ugh 2 movies? WAAAAHWAAHHWAAAHH

This suffocatingly naive cynicism is exhausting. Do you feel joy, ever?

Colonel Whitey
May 22, 2004

This shit's about to go off.
Yeah I feel joy about a lot of stuff. That looks very boring tho.

bows1
May 16, 2004

Chill, whale, chill

Jewmanji posted:

Well good news:

lol this quote says absolutely nothing like that. He said he pitched a Seven Samurai in the Star Wars movie... and then it didnt happen.

This trailer doesnt do a lot for me but its always fun to see something new. Also this doesnt look edgy at all

Megaman's Jockstrap
Jul 16, 2000

What a horrible thread to have a post.
When it comes to this particular director Jewmanji is a dumbass who has a huge hate boner for Snyder, they are literally one of the core reasons that we can't have civil Snyderchat. Ignore them.

The Clap
Sep 21, 2006

currently training to kill God

Jewmanji posted:

Trailer for the new Zack Snyder movie (sorry, 3:42 minute long teaser). Looks like it was created by an AI.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_rHLOXbFZtI

I'm always going to give Snyder the benefit of the doubt because I think he has good instincts and is a generally earnest filmmaker so I'm pretty excited to see this. Army of the Dead was pretty god drat bad so lets hope this is more of a return to form.

Jewmanji
Dec 28, 2003

AccountSupervisor posted:

I cant even imagine what kind of miserable shortsighted poo poo you must be that in the current media landscape you could watch that trailer and be like "ugh god AI or something"

Ugh 2 movies? WAAAAHWAAHHWAAAHH

This suffocatingly naive cynicism is exhausting. Do you feel joy, ever?

Yeah it’s been a great summer for movies. Movies rule.

Sir Kodiak
May 14, 2007

The Clap posted:

I'm always going to give Snyder the benefit of the doubt because I think he has good instincts and is a generally earnest filmmaker so I'm pretty excited to see this. Army of the Dead was pretty god drat bad so lets hope this is more of a return to form.

Yeah, didn't love Army of the Dead either, so I'm happy to see the super-shallow depth of field he used for that and the Justice League epilogue was a response to covid shooting restrictions and not his new style. If this is a feature-length version of the Krypton prologue from Man of Steel and what glimpses we got of the New Gods in BvS and Justice League I expect to enjoy myself.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Rebel moon looks cool.

fatherboxx
Mar 25, 2013

Jewmanji posted:

Yup, it is exactly like midjourney barfed out something out of the cloud of tags and generic sci-fi from artstation, might contract ubisoft for a tie-in game while they are at it

fatherboxx fucked around with this message at 22:34 on Aug 22, 2023

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
i see a rebel moon a-risin
i see synder on the way
i see spaceships and force lighting
i see meh profits today

don't go to theaters tonight
well it's bound to take your time
there's a rebel moon on the rise

Ror
Oct 21, 2010

😸Everything's 🗞️ purrfect!💯🤟

it's here. the excitement in the air is palpable.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=61I6LORlyBg

thrawn527
Mar 27, 2004

Thrawn/Pellaeon
To keep you safe

Ror posted:

it's here. the excitement in the air is palpable.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=61I6LORlyBg

That certainly is a teaser for Good Burger 2. I don't know what to say other than that.

Colonel Whitey
May 22, 2004

This shit's about to go off.
Now that looks like a movie

bows1
May 16, 2004

Chill, whale, chill

fatherboxx posted:

Yup, it is exactly like midjourney barfed out something out of the cloud of tags and generic sci-fi from artstation, might contract ubisoft for a tie-in game while they are at it

actually no

Megaman's Jockstrap
Jul 16, 2000

What a horrible thread to have a post.
It's cool. There's a certain type of person whose brain stopped developing 20 years ago and only the references change. In 2003 they would have said that trailer was so bad they had to wash their eyes out with bleach or some other pat stuff. The important thing is that you, a stranger, are informed that they personally didn't like <the thing> in the most catchphrase and valueless way possible.

Jewmanji
Dec 28, 2003

Megaman's Jockstrap posted:

There's a certain type of person whose brain stopped developing 20 years ago

Zack Snyder.

Is it beyond your imagination that some people might not like the movies of this director, whose movies generally receive somewhat lukewarm reviews, and that thats ok? It’s not an act of apostasy.

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007

Jewmanji posted:

Zack Snyder.

Is it beyond your imagination that some people might not like the movies of this director, whose movies generally receive somewhat lukewarm reviews, and that thats ok? It’s not an act of apostasy.

you hate his movies

Bugblatter
Aug 4, 2003

I’m pretty lukewarm on Snyder’s films, but I’ll take his side in dumb nerd debates just because the people who hate him are so annoying about it.

Why would you seek out a detailed synopsis and interview clips if you don’t like him that much? When a director I dislike puts stuff out I don’t really even watch a trailer…

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Sucker Punch sucked. Watchmen was one of the best comic book movies ever made. I'm torn.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fatherboxx
Mar 25, 2013

Jewmanji posted:

Zack Snyder.

Wanted to say that he saw Bae Doona in something at least since then but Sympathy for mr vengeance is 2002 so checks out