Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
How do you feel about the letter C?
Despise it.
Loathe it.
Hate it.
Ed Boon's parents were killed by the letter C section of a library and I personally, will not stand for this.
View Results

Suspicious Cook
Oct 9, 2012

Onward to burgers!

Jamesman posted:

If Zebron was a Kameo I would cave and pre-order this game right now.

I want a surprise Belokk reveal. Let him exist!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
It's Hornbuckle's time to shine

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

WE GET IT. YOU LOVE GUN JESUS. Toujours des fusils Bullpup Français.
Original Error Macro kameo that corrupts the coding to cause flesh spike model mutations and fucks up the opponent's controls

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

PostNouveau posted:

If I were Time/Fire God Liu Kang, I'd just not allow merging realms under any circumstances. None of this cutesy "Ohhhhhhhkay, if you can win TEN tournaments in a row, then you get a little treat"

yeah well that's why he is and you're not

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
I mean, ultimately it's fine because if they merge all the realms and inadvertently bring about the return of the one true being supergod, Johnny Cage will just punch him in the dick and he'll die

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

Brock! Oh, man, I'm sorry about your...

...tooth?

General Shao's bio is amazing and hilarious because Liu Kang's strategy to add nobility to Shao Kahn is to give him Steve Rogers' origin and turn him into Captain Outworld.

Sockser
Jun 28, 2007

This world only remembers the results!

Cool to see that the Shokan are now are thriving, populous race.

Good going, Kang.

The Bee
Nov 25, 2012

Making his way to the ring . . .
from Deep in the Jungle . . .

The Big Monkey!

EorayMel posted:

Also loving lol @ God Liu Kang smugly going "Your Earthrealm champion is new timeline Raiden" to new timeline Shao Kahn

"Who must win now, Raiden? Huh? HUH?"

Sentinel Red
Nov 13, 2007
Style > Content.

Gavok posted:

General Shao's bio is amazing and hilarious because Liu Kang's strategy to add nobility to Shao Kahn is to give him Steve Rogers' origin and turn him into Captain Outworld.

*uses Raiden as a punchbag*
“I could do this all day.”

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

Some teeth long for ripping, gleaming wet from black dog gums. So you keep your eyes closed at the end. You don't want to see such a mouth up close. before the bite, before its oblivion in the goring of your soft parts, the speckled lips will curl back in a whinny of excitement. You just know it.
At this point, with this insane (in a good way!) roster, it is so goddamn weird that we're getting playable Johnny Cage but not the Sonya/Jax/Kano troika. They're supposed to be at the tournament too!

Did Cassie just really piss off Liu Kang and he's trying to prevent her birth?

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Gonna miss Kano

Wanderer
Nov 5, 2006

our every move is the new tradition

CapnAndy posted:

At this point, with this insane (in a good way!) roster, it is so goddamn weird that we're getting playable Johnny Cage but not the Sonya/Jax/Kano troika. They're supposed to be at the tournament too!

Keep in mind that part of Sonya and Kano's background is that they basically ended up in Shang Tsung's tournament by mistake (Sonya chased Kano onto the island in the original timeline, IIRC), and Jax was there to save Sonya. Johnny, on the other hand, got an invite on his own merits.

If Liu Kang's just gathering a bunch of killer martial artists as participants in an inter-realm tournament, then everyone he's grabbed makes at least some sense.

maruhkati posted:

This is kind of the fundamental problem with how Aftermath ended. With a mighty god capable of rewriting time on the side of good, it's impossible for evil to be much of a threat unless said god is a colossally stupid fuckup.

The implication so far is that Liu Kang used the Hourglass to bring back the realms in his New Era, then rebuilt Geras as the Hourglass's defender. Liu Kang can't simply run back to it every time he forgets to turn the oven off; he removed the temptation by making it the responsibility of someone other than himself.

Which, I suppose, does raise the possibility of Liu Kang vs. Geras, if poo poo gets bad enough in the New Era.

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

CapnAndy posted:

The match intro dialogue between him and Kitana is pretty flirty. He also asks Liu Kang if he "hooked up with someone else last time around".

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7VwkaCMB9gg

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

WE GET IT. YOU LOVE GUN JESUS. Toujours des fusils Bullpup Français.

Wanderer posted:

Keep in mind that part of Sonya and Kano's background is that they basically ended up in Shang Tsung's tournament by mistake (Sonya chased Kano onto the island in the original timeline, IIRC), and Jax was there to save Sonya. Johnny, on the other hand, got an invite on his own merits.

If Liu Kang's just gathering a bunch of killer martial artists as participants in an inter-realm tournament, then everyone he's grabbed makes at least some sense.

The implication so far is that Liu Kang used the Hourglass to bring back the realms in his New Era, then rebuilt Geras as the Hourglass's defender. Liu Kang can't simply run back to it every time he forgets to turn the oven off; he removed the temptation by making it the responsibility of someone other than himself.

Which, I suppose, does raise the possibility of Liu Kang vs. Geras, if poo poo gets bad enough in the New Era.

"I will do as you say."

"Your idea of peace may have been compromised."

"...okay, this is too dumb, you're worse than Kronika."

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

Johnny is going to end up with someone else, but then at the end of the game a 5 year old Cassie will show up on his door step, revealing that he had a one night stand with a woman named Sonya years ago.

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

SyntheticPolygon posted:

Gonna miss Kano

pretty soft girl
Oct 1, 2004

my dead grandfather fights better than you

PostNouveau posted:

It's Hornbuckle's time to shine

If Darrius gets a Nimbus Terrafaux skin ill take everything back I said about him being boring as poo poo

Buschmaki
Dec 26, 2012

‿︵‿︵‿︵‿Lean Addict︵‿︵‿︵‿

PostNouveau posted:

If I were Time/Fire God Liu Kang, I'd just not allow merging realms under any circumstances. None of this cutesy "Ohhhhhhhkay, if you can win TEN tournaments in a row, then you get a little treat"

He's not an elder god

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

...tooth?

Rhonne posted:

The match intro dialogue between him and Kitana is pretty flirty. He also asks Liu Kang if he "hooked up with someone else last time around".

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7VwkaCMB9gg

It makes me wonder if Liu Kang simply shipped them because he wants Kitana to be happy, but knows he can't be there for her. That's what his MK11 ending boiled down to. So he sets her up with a guy he trusts and puts Johnny in a relationship that's a lot less dysfunctional.

Abroham Lincoln
Sep 19, 2011

Note to self: This one's the good one

you think liu kang let 9/11 happen in his new timeline

Sockser
Jun 28, 2007

Liu Kang personally did 9/11 in this timeline

Mover
Jun 30, 2008

It would be extremely funny if there’s an establishing shot of Earthrealm where they’re in NYC and the towers are very prominently in the background

Wanderer
Nov 5, 2006

our every move is the new tradition

Gavok posted:

It makes me wonder if Liu Kang simply shipped them because he wants Kitana to be happy, but knows he can't be there for her. That's what his MK11 ending boiled down to. So he sets her up with a guy he trusts and puts Johnny in a relationship that's a lot less dysfunctional.

Yeah, but Johnny's in it, so... six months.

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

...tooth?

Mover posted:

It would be extremely funny if there’s an establishing shot of Earthrealm where they’re in NYC and the towers are very prominently in the background

Liu Kang killed Kermit the Frog?!

Archer666
Dec 27, 2008

Sockser posted:

Liu Kang personally did 9/11 in this timeline

A second fire dragon has hit the World Trade Center!

Sockser
Jun 28, 2007

Abroham Lincoln
Sep 19, 2011

Note to self: This one's the good one

man nurse
Feb 18, 2014

Buschmaki
Dec 26, 2012

‿︵‿︵‿︵‿Lean Addict︵‿︵‿︵‿

Smoking Crow
Feb 14, 2012

*laughs at u*

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

The Gologle Posting Experience.

<3

Unbound
Dec 11, 2012

Atlantis for best map

All others are bugged...
Wasn't the original idea behind making the realms difficult to merge a way to slow down The Original One (or whatever) from returning?

The Bee
Nov 25, 2012

Making his way to the ring . . .
from Deep in the Jungle . . .

The Big Monkey!

Wanderer posted:

Yeah, but Johnny's in it, so... six months.

The fact that Johnny wasn't the issue in the MK9-11 timeline was amazing.

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

:asoiaf:

Unlucky7
Jul 11, 2006

Fallen Rib

Voted 5 on the thread purely for this.

While I do kind of wish we have seen an actual new kharacter by this point, the literal role reversal between Liu Kang and Raiden is still kind of brilliant. That said, it still will gently caress with me that Raiden is pronounced Ray-den in MK.

Unlucky7 fucked around with this message at 07:13 on Aug 23, 2023

Mr. Neutron
Sep 15, 2012

~I'M THE BEST~
He is also not being voiced by Richard Epcar any more which is a bummer (even though all the other character's VAs seem to be returning) and if he is supposed to be a regular dude now, sup with his godlike lightning powers?

Twibbit
Mar 7, 2013

Is your refrigerator running?
Like Liu kang's fire, or sub zero's ice...

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

Some teeth long for ripping, gleaming wet from black dog gums. So you keep your eyes closed at the end. You don't want to see such a mouth up close. before the bite, before its oblivion in the goring of your soft parts, the speckled lips will curl back in a whinny of excitement. You just know it.

Mr. Neutron posted:

He is also not being voiced by Richard Epcar any more which is a bummer (even though all the other character's VAs seem to be returning) and if he is supposed to be a regular dude now, sup with his godlike lightning powers?
Ninjas can just do that poo poo, didn't you go to ninja school

Evil Canadian
Sep 10, 2000

No one man should have all that Psycho-Power.

Hey so I got to play Mortal Kombat 1 early(again, new build!) and got to play the story mode, and the new single player invasion mode!

Here is the full Prologue and Chapter 1 of MK1 if ya wanna watch it!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8fKicrl8AmI

For Invasion mode and gameplay stuff ill be posting that later today on the channel as well, but I figure people are gaga for the MK story so here's as much as I can give ya

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

amigolupus
Aug 25, 2017