Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
Yeah gonna be a great game definitely worth having

https://twitter.com/nick_underhill/status/1693388510538178659

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MJBuddy
Sep 22, 2008

Now I do not know whether I was then a head coach dreaming I was a Saints fan, or whether I am now a Saints fan, dreaming I am a head coach.
Both teams had full effort aggressive practices all week. Preseason games are silly.

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

MJBuddy posted:

Both teams had full effort aggressive practices all week. Preseason games are silly.

I can only imagine someone paying full price for this one, especially in today's weather.

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?

MJBuddy posted:

Hey, don't take away an opportunity to watch Jameis do his thing.

MJBuddy
Sep 22, 2008

Now I do not know whether I was then a head coach dreaming I was a Saints fan, or whether I am now a Saints fan, dreaming I am a head coach.

wandler20 posted:

Hey, don't take away an opportunity to watch Jameis do his thing.

Yeah oh no what if Jameis never got a shot to show us what he could do oh man

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?

MJBuddy posted:

Yeah oh no what if Jameis never got a shot to show us what he could do oh man

I'm sorry you don't like comedy but that's a you problem.

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

wandler20 posted:

I'm sorry you don't like comedy but that's a you problem.

I like my Ws fried and topped with some crawfish étouffée .

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006

Silly Burrito posted:

I like my Ws fried and topped with some crawfish étouffée .

I prefer a panee with a meuniere sauce.

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?
Happy Birthday to a Bucs legend.

https://twitter.com/MySportsUpdate/status/1693649392165597234?s=20

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT
I hope his daddy Marshon Lattimore got him something nice.

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

maybe he can give him his super bowl ring

wait,

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?
The big camp battle we've all been waiting for has been settled.

https://twitter.com/Buccaneers/status/1693728509212946726?s=20

Chase McLaughlin has won the kicking job.

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

I was rooting for Hot Rod but that dude has had the yips since he got injured

GD_American
Jul 21, 2004

LISTEN TO WHAT I HAVE TO SAY AS IT'S INCREDIBLY IMPORTANT!

kidcoelacanth posted:

maybe he can give him his super bowl ring

wait,

I was looking at that 2017 roster and trying to see how many Saints with 2009 rings were still even on the team when he got drafted, beyond the obvious one (Brees).

Chase Daniel, Zach Strief, and Thomas Morstead.

three
Aug 9, 2007

i fantasize about ndamukong suh licking my doodoo hole
The Saints only winning 1 ring with those rosters is kinda shocking when you look back on it.

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

three posted:

The Saints only winning 1 ring with those rosters is kinda shocking when you look back on it.

Just shows how even with a good roster, you still need a little bit of luck to win it all.

GD_American
Jul 21, 2004

three posted:

It's hard to complain about it without sounding like Bill Simmons' whole woe-is-me poo poo, but the Saints had an absolutely horrendous run of dickpunch playoff losses. Payton is kinda lucky he ducked the playoff choker label that stuck to people like Schottenheimer

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

GD_American posted:

the Saints had an absolutely horrendous run of dickpunch playoff losses.

Not looking it up, but it certainly felt like it went Alex Smith last minute bomb to a tight end, Lynch going beast mode, Diggs miracle, no-call DPI right in a row.

Coasterphreak
May 29, 2007
I like cookies.

PostNouveau posted:

Not looking it up, but it certainly felt like it went Alex Smith last minute bomb to a tight end, Lynch going beast mode, Diggs miracle, no-call DPI right in a row.

This sounds like a lot of excuses for being bad.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

Coasterphreak posted:

This sounds like a lot of excuses for being bad.

Yes, every team that does not win the Super Bowl each year is bad

Coasterphreak
May 29, 2007
I like cookies.

PostNouveau posted:

Yes, every team that does not win the Super Bowl each year is bad

Well, I’m a panthers fan, so that about sums it up

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT
The post Brady years begin.

https://twitter.com/briannadixNFL/status/1693996636836598171?s=20

SundayMoney
Feb 21, 2006

The face of the new economy

GD_American posted:

It's hard to complain about it without sounding like Bill Simmons' whole woe-is-me poo poo, but the Saints had an absolutely horrendous run of dickpunch playoff losses. Payton is kinda lucky he ducked the playoff choker label that stuck to people like Schottenheimer

My family always says the Saints win in 2011 if Gregg doesn't all out blitz with no time remaining and obviously 2018 with the NOLA no call. So Brees has 3 and obviously doesn't match Brady but isn't the afterthought he is in terms of all time quarterbacks in national discussions.

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?
Comeback player of the year award coming to another Dave Canales QB.

https://twitter.com/Buccaneers/status/1693998242923794931?s=20

GD_American
Jul 21, 2004

Technically it's:

1. 7-9 team for some reason gets to host a home playoff game against the 11-5 Saints (publicly and incorrectly remembered as the "Beastquake")
2. gently caress Vernon Davis
3. Marques Colston does the worst lateral ever (also, all defensive contact is now legal)
4. Literally just tackle Diggs
5. Yes, murder is legal in the French Quarter, but side judge Gary Cavaletto forgets the Superdome is not in the French Quarter
6. gently caress NFL OT rules
7. Brees collapses into dust, Jameis Winston gives dumb Saints fans hope for the future, dumbly

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

if i were an 11-5 team playing a 7-9 team in the playoffs i would simply win the game against the bad team, but maybe i'm just built different

anyway baker time babey woo

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?

Silly Burrito posted:

The post Brady years begin.

Gone but never forgotten.

https://twitter.com/greggrosenthal/status/1693997838559220076?s=20

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

When asked which Pokemon he evolved into, Kamara pauses.

"Motherfucking, what's that big dragon shit? That orange motherfucker. Charizard."

kidcoelacanth posted:

if i were an 11-5 team playing a 7-9 team in the playoffs i would simply win the game against the bad team, but maybe i'm just built different

That loss doesn’t really bother me. That team had the Super Bowl hangover all year and it was just a matter of time before it caught up to them.

2011 and 2018 loving sucked though. Those felt like teams that could have won it all.

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

Holy poo poo. I know, can’t say much on this end as a Saints fan, but this is some $3000 candles poo poo here.

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?

Silly Burrito posted:

Holy poo poo. I know, can’t say much on this end as a Saints fan, but this is some $3000 candles poo poo here.

Worth it.

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

Absolutely.

zimbomonkey
Jul 15, 2008

Tattoos? On MY black quarterback?

kidcoelacanth posted:

The Seahawks stadium is a cheat code though

three
Aug 9, 2007

All the people that thought Kyle Trask wasn't total cheeks...

Baker Mayfield is a living embodiment of the "did it work for them? no, never, but maybe it'll work for us" meme.

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

three posted:

Baker Mayfield is a living embodiment of the "did it work for them? no, never, but maybe it'll work for us" meme.

Real Baker Mayfield has never been tried!

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT
Great news here.

https://twitter.com/Saints/status/1694077980044058804?s=20

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

three posted:

Extremely accurate. But also:

kidcoelacanth posted:

:toot:

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

I hope baker does well 15 times this year. He was a complete pro in Carolina and it’s ridiculous he had to split training camp reps with darnold. Who knows how he would have done once Wilks took over.

That said he looked awful at times last year. Not just the play calling was bad but he couldn’t make the throws.

ozymandius1024
Mar 15, 2006

You don't yank on the Spine of God

FizFashizzle posted:

I hope baker does well 15 times this year. He was a complete pro in Carolina and it’s ridiculous he had to split training camp reps with darnold. Who knows how he would have done once Wilks took over.

That said he looked awful at times last year. Not just the play calling was bad but he couldn’t make the throws.

That is pretty much exactly where I'm at on Baker.

Really curious to see how he looks throwing to Evans and Godwin compared to what the Panthers were running out last year (no offense to DJ).

three
Aug 9, 2007

The problem with Sam Darnold is that he is a much better athlete and passer than Baker, but he is horrible mentally under any sort of pressure. Give Darnold some testicular fortitude in the pocket, and he'd be great.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GD_American
Jul 21, 2004

three posted:

We all have a player we bought into like that. I was on the "Sam Rosen just never got the right opportunity" train far longer than is logically defensible.