Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

CommaToes
Dec 15, 2006

Ecce Buffo
Third attempt at playing this game and working through the ARR postgame. I decided to resubscribe and start anew with a friend as a tank/healer combo. This game is more fun when you play with someone else and not by yourself.

Go figure.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheWorldsaStage
Sep 10, 2020

https://twitter.com/FF_XIV_EN/status/1693669378884354064?t=8kFOh0Vw443uDPB2-gwHfA&s=19

Oh thank Hydelyn he's still called Tweetingway

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness
Xingway is already take as the one that studies Moon Chinese History

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

Xingway Malmsteen

Ryanbomber
Sep 27, 2004

Postingway

quiggy
Aug 7, 2010

[in Russian] Oof.

I have done it. I have completed The Heavensward Crafting Experience.

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness
It's all downhill from here!

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

quiggy posted:

I have done it. I have completed The Heavensward Crafting Experience.

It's smooth sailing from here on out. The Stormblood quests are much easier and the Shadowbringers quests are back to around ARR difficulty.

quiggy
Aug 7, 2010

[in Russian] Oof.

Kwyndig posted:

It's smooth sailing from here on out. The Stormblood quests are much easier and the Shadowbringers quests are back to around ARR difficulty.

Oh my god I knew they just gave you the stuff you need but actually having that happen is just

I'm free

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

Yeah the crafting tribal quests also do that and it's great.

Sentient Data
Aug 31, 2011

My molecule scrambler ray will disintegrate your armor with one blow!
It may be a bit late, but here's a reminder to always read the descriptions of quest items, especially non-msq quests

Feldegast42
Oct 29, 2011

COMMENCE THE RITE OF SHITPOSTING

I maintain that Mahjong Soul is too weeb for me

Vitamean
May 31, 2012

posted in the final fantasy 14 thread

Hellioning
Jun 27, 2008

Why did the rhythm game section in the 6.4 Tataru quest last for less time than the tutorial took to read.

HackensackBackpack
Aug 20, 2007

Who needs a house out in Hackensack? Is that all you get for your money?
I ran into someone on a fishing boat once named something like "Onlyfishing Andmahjong"

Vitamean
May 31, 2012

Hellioning posted:

Why did the rhythm game section in the 6.4 Tataru quest last for less time than the tutorial took to read.

I've settled on something falling apart in development cause they've dropped a couple hints in prior interviews over 6.x about how they really want to bring back the G-Warrior and they worked so hard on the solo instance that they can't just end it at that, and then to end it at this instead... very funny, though.

Hellioning
Jun 27, 2008

Vitamean posted:

I've settled on something falling apart in development cause they've dropped a couple hints in prior interviews over 6.x about how they really want to bring back the G-Warrior and they worked so hard on the solo instance that they can't just end it at that, and then to end it at this instead... very funny, though.

Tragic, but on brand for Gundam.

Mainwaring
Jun 22, 2007

Disco is not dead! Disco is LIFE!

Hellioning posted:

I'm predicting future gold saucer game.

Onean
Feb 11, 2010

Maiden in white...
You are not one of us.
It's really weird, because the previous times they've used that system are/were longer, so it isn't like it's some brand new thing they were testing out. There was a Starlight Celebration rhythm game, with different versions depending on how well or poorly you were doing, and the Firmament capstone quest uses it with the WoL playing piano.

goblin week
Jan 26, 2019

Absolute clown.

Tamba posted:

Here's how it looks like, but it requires getting the Mahjong Master title, which isn't exactly easy to get.

I'm working really hard to get it but it's loving hard to strategize against three people even with the risk markers

Onean
Feb 11, 2010

Maiden in white...
You are not one of us.
A heads up for anyone that's using the S-E phone app for their 2-factor: it's getting discontinued in 2024. That announcement is mostly about how it won't be an option for adding 2-factor to your account in November, but it does say it'll be completely going away in 2024. The physical keyring token will continue working, as will other authenticator apps, and they recommend switching to one of those sooner than later.

Sentient Data
Aug 31, 2011

My molecule scrambler ray will disintegrate your armor with one blow!
And when you change the 2fa that you're using (because you 100% are using 2fa, there is no good reason reason not to), take that time to make sure your square emergency removal key is saved to your password manager

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

You try to be happy when everyone is summoning you everywhere to "be their friend".

Huh, wonder why they're killing off their own app.

Khizan
Jul 30, 2013

Probably not getting much use now that people can sign up with google authenticator and whatnot now, so it’s not worth maintaining the app.

Tamba
Apr 5, 2010

goblin week posted:

I'm working really hard to get it but it's loving hard to strategize against three people even with the risk markers

It's super frustrating because it's the only achievement in the game where you can lose progress as you go (as opposed to just not making any progress at all).
According to my screenshots, I had 390 matches played when I finally got it, which included far too many cases where I got up to 1950+ rating only to get completely destroyed the next few matches after that.
And because of how the rating works, a last place in a match makes you drop a lot more than what you gain from getting first place.

Jumley
Oct 10, 2012

There's hope for you yet.

Onean posted:

It's really weird, because the previous times they've used that system are/were longer, so it isn't like it's some brand new thing they were testing out. There was a Starlight Celebration rhythm game, with different versions depending on how well or poorly you were doing, and the Firmament capstone quest uses it with the WoL playing piano.

If you haven't seen and heard the failed version of Starlight de Chocobo you're missing out.

https://youtu.be/02K9ETDDWOk

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

Forgot where I'd logged out and when I logged in my first thought was "did some UI thing break? What is this?

Edit: By the way, the reason there's two lancer icons is because the Lancers are red/black and the Wood Wailers, who use the back of the Lancers' Guild, are yellow/green. The Archers/Gods' Quiver have a similar delineation.

Bruceski fucked around with this message at 00:37 on Aug 23, 2023

Kazinsal
Dec 13, 2011

Khizan posted:

Probably not getting much use now that people can sign up with google authenticator and whatnot now, so it’s not worth maintaining the app.

Didn't know you could do that, cool.

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

Bruceski posted:

Forgot where I'd logged out and when I logged in my first thought was "did some UI thing break? What is this?

Edit: By the way, the reason there's two lancer icons is because the Lancers are red/black and the Wood Wailers, who use the back of the Lancers' Guild, are yellow/green. The Archers/Gods' Quiver have a similar delineation.

Neat! I thought it was more directional signing. Lancer's Guild This Way on top, then Lancer's Guild To The Left, Ferry To The Right.

IthilionTheBrave
Sep 5, 2013
Likely not news to anyone, bit the Majestic Manderville "pistol" totally looks like it was lifted straight out of a Valkryia Chronicles game. Just an endgame shock trooper "smg" ported into XIV.

Not that that's a bad thing, mind.

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness

Bruceski posted:

you must select among the three classes, Lancer, Lancer, and Boat

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

IthilionTheBrave posted:

Likely not news to anyone, bit the Majestic Manderville "pistol" totally looks like it was lifted straight out of a Valkryia Chronicles game. Just an endgame shock trooper "smg" ported into XIV.

Not that that's a bad thing, mind.

It's lovely. Other machinist weapons include a Tommygun and a double-barelled shotgun.

Kazinsal
Dec 13, 2011

Bruceski posted:

It's lovely. Other machinist weapons include a Tommygun and a double-barelled shotgun.

Well I know what DPS job I’m levelling next.

IthilionTheBrave
Sep 5, 2013
If you're interested in an elegant double barrel shotgun, do a spot of pvp for a wolf musketoon. It's a very nice and easy to get example of that model.

Bloody Pom
Jun 5, 2011

PvP also lets you get a comically oversized revolver.

Hellioning
Jun 27, 2008

Is there a good place to see weapon appearances? I have one for armor.

Bloody Pom
Jun 5, 2011

Eorzea Database is honestly your best bet, as the user-submitted screenshots are generally pretty good.

Failing that, Gamer Escape is a decent second choice.

Antivehicular
Dec 30, 2011

I wanna sing one for the cars
That are right now headed silent down the highway
And it's dark and there is nobody driving And something has got to give

This is my current MCH glam weapon, to go with my Shire-gear-based Slobby PI look (from before Lawless or Noir, admittedly, but I still like it so I haven't tried other sets). It's tempting to do something new and crazy for the Manderville glowgat, though.

FuturePastNow
May 19, 2014

Yeah the newest Manderville MCH weapon is like a mini gatling gun with a scope. It makes no sense and looks awesome

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Onean
Feb 11, 2010

Maiden in white...
You are not one of us.

It also has a comically undersized pistol.

It hasn't come up in a while, so I feel like I should mention that these GARO collaboration items (probably) aren't going to be permanently available in the game. They haven't announced an end date yet, but the first time it was available it ran for almost three years so there's likely still plenty of time left. That said, it takes a bit of investment to unlock all of the gear and mounts, so you don't want to let that all wait for a time limit.

Once the event ends, or before that if you don't want to use Glamour Dresser slots, for any Job you have completed the achievement and got the title for you can go to any Calamity Salvager and rebuy pieces for cheap gil costs. To get an achievement you have to buy the weapon and the 5 specific left-side pieces for a Job, accessories don't count, from the Disreputable Priest in Wolves' Den Pier, wear them (edit: I forgot to mention these all have a level 60 requirement to equip, aside from offhand down below) and then talk to the same NPC and present yourself. It takes 18,000 Wolf Marks, a little under the cap, to buy everything for one Job. (There are some armor sets that share Jobs so you only have to buy them once with the weapons being the only new piece required, but they aren't the normal armor divisions.)

The other things the title let's you do is earn the three metallic horse mounts. Any PvP victories while you're wearing a GARO title (it doesn't have to match your Job) will count towards up to two of three achievements which each award a mount: win 10 Frontlines/Rival Wings matches, win 30 Crystalline Conflict matches (Feast victories carry over if you had any from the last time this event happened) and win 60 PvP matches of any kind.

There are also undyeable versions of the weapons and armor available in the Gold Saucer for MGP, but they don't count for the title and thus can't be rebought at a Calamity Salvager. It's also a bit spendy, at 300,000 MGP for everything for just one Job, so they aren't worth it unless you're a free trial player, desperately want something available below level 60 or are heavily averse to PvP and just want something limited like the weapon or a few pieces of armor. (If you aren't a free trial player or looking for specifically undyeable level 1 glam items, I'd still heavily suggest getting the achievement. It will all be dyeable alongside being permanently available if you accidentally delete something. It takes very little to get enough Wolf Marks for a full set, especially if you make use of the 1,000 Trophy Crystals to 1 Wolf Collar to 4,000 Wolf Marks conversion.)

Onean fucked around with this message at 09:13 on Aug 23, 2023