Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

If anyone doesn't have anything there's another sale on. I got everything but the Witch Queen dungeon key so all set til Final Shape :toot:

Belial42 posted:

I really do wish you the best. I get it, I only had the ship to get. I think I’d rather the challenges than shattered throne…maybe. Depends on the challenge. That jumping one with the rotating rocks can eat a bag of dicks.

That one sucks incredibly lol. Also they changed the lighting since Forsaken and you can't see poo poo in these anymore, making it worse. At least it's just like thirty minutes a week and when you're done you're done, so I'm not going crazy trying or anything lol

I hope we start seeing Hive defect to Eris under the whole vengeance thing - but trying to kill you and other Hive to settle grudges.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bleck
Jan 7, 2014

No matter how one loves, there are always different aims. Love can take a great many forms, whatever the era.
Hey it's me that player that doesn't read any of the Bungie news things. Is Season of the Deep over? I didn't play it at all, and I'm kind of interested in squelching my body into the new season if it looks interesting.

Basic Poster
May 11, 2015

Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities.

On Facebook
You know what I bet players would like? Like if we just hosed with their feet. No like, all the time.

Pretzel Rod Serling
Aug 6, 2008

Bleck posted:

Hey it's me that player that doesn't read any of the Bungie news things. Is Season of the Deep over? I didn't play it at all, and I'm kind of interested in squelching my body into the new season if it looks interesting.

yes, Season of the Witch started this afternoon

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

Bleck posted:

Diving season is over. It's now SPOOOOOOOKY SEASON :spooky:

Bleck
Jan 7, 2014

No matter how one loves, there are always different aims. Love can take a great many forms, whatever the era.
Aw hell yeah heLL YEAH

its all nice on rice
Nov 12, 2006

Sweet, Salty Goodness.

Buglord
I was kind of looking forward to seeing where this season was going to start, but my desire to keep playing was killed within a couple hours of the servers coming back up.
After being in the starting mission for 3 minutes, I got kicked. It took me about 10 minutes of searching to find the mission again because it's not actively marked. It's just an arena in the helm. Replaying parts of past missions was kind of cool, but got old pretty quick due to how many times I'd already played them in the past. Presage was the most fun I had during my session. It was actually kind of cool replaying a mission I had to strategize on to finish solo previously and just face roll it this time.
I followed the guide and did the arena/mission where Eris does her hive thing, and it was okay I guess.
After that, I went to talk to Eris in her new spot, and I was stuck on accepting the next mission. Like, I interacted with an objective, it gave me a little text spiel, and I hit enter. Nothing happened. I clicked "accept" and nothing happened. I alt-tabbed out of the game thinking it thought I had a key stuck. Still couldn't accept it. Opened my director and tried to go to a new location. Couldn't. I was just stuck there unable to accept a mission. That was the end of my experience for today.
Overall, I'm pretty underwhelmed so far. I know there are bugs when new content launches, and I got hit by one (not to mention server stability issues) but I had zero desire to reload the game after hitting alt-f4. :shrug:

I did like the changes to crafting. I loved being able to level up my grenade launcher and not just grind it with perks that didn't jive with my play style.

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

Hell yeah, finally season of the thorn lets gooo

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Using glimmer and cores to level weapons is great, nice little boost there. Finally got my wastem' to full power!

Also lmao this season rules so far. Eris is going apeshit, you're enabling her, everyone is getting increasingly worried or freaked out by how much you're both enjoying it. The boomer grenade launcher is pretty fun too. I was about to say that I wish it had auto fire then I remembered that actually everything does, but I turned that off because it's not the same if you hold the trigger down lol

e: It is still funny to me how desperate Bungie is to not create new enemy types in factions

RBA Starblade fucked around with this message at 05:16 on Aug 23, 2023

Collateral Damage
Jun 13, 2009

Oxyclean posted:

ugh, why's the seasonal LMG gotta be an arc rapid? We already got a craftable one like that.
Yes but Planck's Stride sucks.

All of Eleatic Principle's stats are better than Planck's, and it has a better perk selection.

Fanged Lawn Wormy
Jan 4, 2008

SQUEAK! SQUEAK! SQUEAK!
Guardians can have little a sword logic, as a treat

Pierson
Oct 31, 2004

College Slice
I do love a good Spooky Season.

dodgeblan
Jul 20, 2019
to me Xivu Arath is the least interesting badguy in the history of destiny, even worse than Eramis

Just impossible to find her threatening

the more they are like 'she is completely unstoppable by conventional means' the more I am like 'ok so she sucks and is a jobber? got it'

victrix
Oct 30, 2007

dodgeblan posted:

to me Xivu Arath is the least interesting badguy in the history of destiny, even worse than Eramis

the more they are like 'she is completely unstoppable by conventional means' the more I am like 'ok so she sucks and is a jobber? got it'

I wonder if we'll defeat xivu arath in the season of we defeat xivu arath

neutral milf hotel
Oct 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

dodgeblan posted:

You think so?

Please tell me of any other Hive G*d that would rebuild groverhaus in the ascendant plane. That is the scariest thing to me :stare:

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Grovermind

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

Collateral Damage posted:

Yes but Planck's Stride sucks.

All of Eleatic Principle's stats are better than Planck's, and it has a better perk selection.

I guess, I still want more adaptive LMGs. Commeration is our only craftable adaptive. That said, looking at the options they have for Crotas, there might an LMG in there.

The season seems interesting in terms of the activity & narrative, but man, looking at the weapon set, none of them jump out to me as "I cant wait to craft this." Like nothing feels stand out to me in terms of "oh ive been waiting for one of those." Like we couldn't get a legendary trace for the first slot? A strand breach loader?

RBX
Jan 2, 2011

Its funny seeing randoms do hard mode and be shocked its hard.

Hackan Slash
May 31, 2007
Hit it until it's not a problem anymore
You can look at all the raid items and rolls in the API

https://archive.destiny.report/crota#item_120706239

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business
Anyone take Thorn out for PvE? Curious if it feels any better after the range changes.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

According to reddit the Monte Carlo catalyst 1. Stacks with Synthoceps and 2. Reloads the Markov Chain stacks on bayonet kill so 3. you can keep bayonetting dudes as long as it keeps killing, though you have to manually reload

So that's rad

Majere
Oct 22, 2005

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 11 years!)

I kinda wish they have a public tally of how much hive goo we tithe to eris, like they did with the mcguffins we raised for sundial season? I mean we're already into Dragonball levels of absurd power.

Take my spirit energy Goku!

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Maybe we should give her Xenophage too and also tell her Toland's still kicking around

Did anyone ever bother to let her know about Toland

Pirate Jet
May 2, 2010

Oxyclean posted:

The season seems interesting in terms of the activity & narrative, but man, looking at the weapon set, none of them jump out to me as "I cant wait to craft this." Like nothing feels stand out to me in terms of "oh ive been waiting for one of those." Like we couldn't get a legendary trace for the first slot? A strand breach loader?

There’s a Strand rocket launcher that looks like it might not be worthless garbage like the Solstice one! It’s got Field Prep/Explosive Light or you can swap out EL for Bipod which might be good with the buff it got.

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

Hackan Slash posted:

Oh sick, called it on the arc adaptive lmg lol

Pirate Jet posted:

There’s a Strand rocket launcher that looks like it might not be worthless garbage like the Solstice one! It’s got Field Prep/Explosive Light or you can swap out EL for Bipod which might be good with the buff it got.
Oh cool, thought i heard High Impacts were a not great RL frame type or something? That's a meta I dont know terribly well besides a few specific perks.

Snuffman
May 21, 2004

I'm falling behind on hunter exotics due to lack of playing and the changes they made to how and where new exotic armor drops.

I tried a legendary lost sector solo and it was profoundly un-fun. Is there anywhere else I can the exotics I've missed from?

Kith
Sep 17, 2009

You never learn anything
by doing it right.

i spoiled myself on the crota weapons and i'm hype as gently caress for that LMG

if it replaces the one i have remains to be seen, though. hard to beat highlight sights

Snapes N Snapes
Sep 6, 2010

Kith posted:

hard to beat highlight sights

What's this then??

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

Snuffman posted:

I'm falling behind on hunter exotics due to lack of playing and the changes they made to how and where new exotic armor drops.

I tried a legendary lost sector solo and it was profoundly un-fun. Is there anywhere else I can the exotics I've missed from?

Vex Strike Force on Neomuna would be your best bet, or level up until you're on level with the LLS and watch a guide for loadout recommendations.

Roctavian
Feb 23, 2011

Various seasonal thoughts:

- It's nice that Ex Diris is a For Dummies gun and not a Big Brain gun. Doesn't seem terribly strong but I'm fine with that, I can always use Forbearance if I "need" to but this is a videogame and I like pretending to be a hive knight.

- Similarly, I don't think Heal Clip is going to do much but I'm usually running rain of fire / phoenix dive because that's just how I like to be, and they nerfed Mythoclast anyways so I'm running the Eremite this season.

- I assume Head Rush is a perk for PvP dudes to have on whatever gun isn't their slideshot-openingshot-shotguns?

- Favoriting shaders is good but I was imagining that we'd get a dedicated tab for them or something. The best use case for favoriting shaders for me, is to tag a bunch of similar-looking shaders as I scroll the pages & then go back to fine tune my look.

- If Ikora turns on Eris, I am submitting my letter of resignation to the Vanguard.

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business

Roctavian posted:

- If Ikora turns on Eris, I am submitting my letter of resignation to the Vanguard.

:hmmyes:

Also the fusion rifle this season has resivor burst and heal clip. I am curious if that combo works as well as I am imagining...

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

Mesadoram posted:

Anyone take Thorn out for PvE? Curious if it feels any better after the range changes.
Yes, it feels very nice. Not an expert and I didn't spend 2 hours shooting at a wall to get proof, but the buff to hand cannons feels really, really nice, particularly the amount of damage it does to orange bars.

The poison ticks also seem to count as multiple hits for overload rounds. I was having so much fun, it took me a while to realise I hadn't even equipped necrotic grips.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
I really wanna gently caress around with Thorn and Osteo more often but just haven't found a niche besides that super overpowered Necrotic Grip + Mindspun Invocation build. What I'm saying is, make the drat Sorrow subclass, Bungie.

ohhyeah
Mar 24, 2016
What spaghetti code happened to the shaders to mix them up? They’re all random now

LionYeti
Oct 12, 2008

I like the Ex Diris is a "We Have Forbearance At Home" gun because I can't be assed to get a good roll of that.

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business

Bobby Deluxe posted:

Yes, it feels very nice. Not an expert and I didn't spend 2 hours shooting at a wall to get proof, but the buff to hand cannons feels really, really nice, particularly the amount of damage it does to orange bars.

The poison ticks also seem to count as multiple hits for overload rounds. I was having so much fun, it took me a while to realise I hadn't even equipped necrotic grips.

That is great to hear, gonna give it a go later :unsmith:.

MJeff posted:

I really wanna gently caress around with Thorn and Osteo more often but just haven't found a niche besides that super overpowered Necrotic Grip + Mindspun Invocation build. What I'm saying is, make the drat Sorrow subclass, Bungie.

Void also feels good for Necrotic and Thorn. Less over powered, but still very solid.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

The Grenade Logic quest doesn't seem to count the arena as calibration process, weirdly enough

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog
Osteo Striga was absolute GOAP VIP SSS+ Tier for Master Raids, at least during all of year 5 and the couple I did in Lightfall Season 1

The exotic primary damage boost + SMGs being good + huge self-loading magazine + DoT + AoE explosions was simply too good

It's not as good in GMs since those are all about exotic bows and long ranges, but Osteo is my favorite gun and best friend

Mill Village
Jul 27, 2007

Hackan Slash posted:

That new Desperation perk for Necrochasm sounds cool.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Meiteron
Apr 4, 2008

Whoa! You're gonna be a legend!

Roctavian posted:

The key underlying feature of Eris' entire character, the foundational bedrock that makes Eris Morn work, is that she ticks every single box of the Person Who Turns Evil list and never, ever does.

She drags herself out of the hellmouth to flee the forces that corrupted and killed all her friends, by wishing on the remains of an evil wish-dragon and turning herself part hive, then swears herself to bloody single-minded vengeance because that always ends well, obsesses over the hive magic that we know can actively corrupt Guardians who still have their Light let alone people like Eris who don't, spends all of Shadowkeep next to a Pyramid, is the first adopter of Stasis powers...

And despite literally all of that she remains basically your most stalwart and trustworthy ally, taking every single possible risk and subjecting herself to every single possible danger every single time she re-enters the story. poo poo goes down in a Spooky way and Eris Morn is there, ready to back you up as you ride off to shoot what she says needs to be shot.

Now I'm not saying they're gonna gently caress this up 100% for sure but they don't get any benefit of the doubt from me after Lightfall and what they did with Amanda so I'm already mentally preparing myself to be really, really angry at some D2 writers in six weeks.