Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: Buck Wildman)

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007
the future is remote

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:

Truga posted:

it's funny because denuvo is gonna net them another what, 10 sales? at the cost of iirc 10% revenue over the first quarter or some equally outrageous price

nintendo is run by old people, they only just figured out the internet by the switch

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

Al! posted:

they only just figured out the internet by the switch

ehhhh

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007
i mean it works some of the time i'll give you that

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

the milk machine posted:

all that to stare at a page showing an empty game library

nats not fair im pretty sure todd released skyrim on it

Red Baron
Mar 9, 2007

ty slumfrog :)

Al! posted:

nintendo is run by old people, they only just figured out the internet by the switch

they could print money forever if they just made a first party “here’s all the old games” effort on decent hardware and kept trickling out new games

but that old curse from the fox demon keeps them loving up

Hatebag
Jun 17, 2008

you can play all sorts of games on the ps5, such as demon's souls and bloodborne

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

Hatebag posted:

you can play all sorts of games on the ps5, such as demon's souls and bloodborne

you can also play those on the playstation 3 and 4, respectively

the milk machine
Jul 23, 2002

lick my keys

Al! posted:

nats not fair im pretty sure todd released skyrim on it

Blessed Todd, PBUH

Popy
Feb 19, 2008

sony could never improve on something that was already perfect (the ps2)

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

Popy posted:

Playstation 3 with the Corn Love theme installed is the peak video game console experience

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AkqnCNNJtsM

Red Baron
Mar 9, 2007

Popy posted:

they could bring back the splash screen and sound from the original, I think during one of their anniversary celebrations you could get a “classic” skin for the ps3 and that ruled

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

Red Baron posted:

they could print money forever if they just made a first party “here’s all the old games” effort on decent hardware and kept trickling out new games

but that old curse from the fox demon keeps them loving up

yeah all theyd have to do is put out 5 rotating nes games a month, basically at no cost to them, and get like 10 million people to pay them 25 bucks a month for the privilege. hell you dont even have to let them keep the games

Red Baron
Mar 9, 2007

Al! posted:

yeah all theyd have to do is put out 5 rotating nes games a month, basically at no cost to them, and get like 10 million people to pay them 25 bucks a month for the privilege. hell you dont even have to let them keep the games

the fact that the latest Pokémon games were basically zero effort buggy messes must have proved to them that they never need to do anything right and they’ll still make billions

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

I am Metango, Galactic Governor

the vita ruled and if sony had 1/4 of a brain they'd just release a vita 2 or something

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

Buck Wildman posted:

the vita ruled and if sony had 1/4 of a brain they'd just release a vita 2 or something

my entire vita experience was that youd see people playing them all the time on the subway when they were a thing and then youd look over someones shoulder and theyd be playing the worst weebo poo poo you wanted nothing to do with

Robo Reagan
Feb 12, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Pepe Silvia Browne posted:

you can also play those on the playstation 3 and 4, respectively

yeah but ps5 can do all the souls stuff. if everything metal gear ran on the ps5 in addition to the souls stuff it would be a perfect console and i will fight anyone who disagrees

Grey Fox
Jan 5, 2004

Pepe Silvia Browne posted:

the future is remote
Premium Consumer stays winning

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

Robo Reagan posted:

yeah but ps5 can do all the souls stuff. if everything metal gear ran on the ps5 in addition to the souls stuff it would be a perfect console and i will fight anyone who disagrees

i don't have one so i can't say if it's perfect or not. right now i only have a playstations 1 through 4

the milk machine
Jul 23, 2002

lick my keys

Robo Reagan posted:

sony should make games run on the ps5 imo

bitmap
Aug 8, 2006

some pretty good AC6 reviews just came out

bitmap
Aug 8, 2006

https://opencritic.com/game/15125/armored-core-vi-fires-of-rubicon/reviews

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

Hopefully the influencers pick up AC and it takes off BIG

Lpzie
Nov 20, 2006

another beautiful day as a God Gamer

Popy
Feb 19, 2008

i already know im going to play AC so im avoiding media about it

Hatebag
Jun 17, 2008

Popy posted:

i already know im going to play AC so im avoiding media about it

it's got robots in it

Popy
Feb 19, 2008

Hatebag posted:

it's got robots in it

fr?

drat i thought this was a dark souls

Lostconfused
Oct 1, 2008

a dorklike.

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

Nonsense posted:

Nintendo is going to arrest you

I am currently watching a Majora's Mask randomizer run, and it occurred to me: how do they get away with doing these

like, they regularly run Nintendo romhacks on GDQ, randomizers or otherwise, and half of that word is "rom," and Nintendo would absolutely sue a charity event for 51% of its earnings every year, so why haven't they

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

World War Mammories posted:

yeah the southern coast of tanaris had very gentle slopes that you could in a couple spots just walk right up, no wallwalking required. then you'd work your way west, south of un'goro, not fall into the enormous 90 degree canyons where they hadn't done any terrain work, and eventually end up in ahn'qiraj

Cool, it seems like my vague memory of how we did that was actually pretty accurate.

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

loquacius posted:

I am currently watching a Majora's Mask randomizer run, and it occurred to me: how do they get away with doing these

like, they regularly run Nintendo romhacks on GDQ, randomizers or otherwise, and half of that word is "rom," and Nintendo would absolutely sue a charity event for 51% of its earnings every year, so why haven't they

their public relations department has to draw the line somewhere as far as "is this worth the bad press of pursuing legal action" and it's somewhere between romhacks for charity and selling 3ds mods on etsy

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

do you need to know anything at all about the other ac games

also i'll buy that $200 wii u tablet if it runs any better because my 12 mini is not the best to use with the backbone. honestly for the size of the screen and how much other poo poo costs, it's not really that bad?

damn horror queefs
Oct 14, 2005

say hello
say hello to the man in the elevator
I read a review for the PC version and it sounded exactly like an armored core game - fun gameplay, dystopian corporate war crimes storyline, uneven difficulty, lots of customization, clocks out at 35 hours to beat.

The only surprise is that the review said it ran perfectly the entire time with no frames dropped, which is crazy considering fromsoft's usual record for initial pc releases

Popy
Feb 19, 2008

the last AC game i played was AC4 and it sucked rear end but im willing to give the benefit of the doubt to the devs who made some of the best games of the last 12 or so years tbh.

Popy
Feb 19, 2008

still rather have Chromehounds 2 then a dumb AC game

Jazerus
May 24, 2011

loquacius posted:

nintendo doesn't care about romhacks unless they are materially competing with a nintendo product. so pokemon romhacks that are trying to present a credible alternative to the current release by including features from the current generation of games often get targeted with C&Ds for example, but a randomizer for a 25 year old game isn't competing directly with a nintendo product, it's just free advertising for zelda. it's sort of surprising that nintendo didn't aim their legal department at the SMW hack community when they released mario maker but maybe it was seen as too big to kill, idk.

Lpzie
Nov 20, 2006

there's 5 games of Mecha lore you Require

Orb Crabmelt
Jan 16, 2011

Nyorp.
Clapping Larry

1. The game sounds pretty good from reviews!

2. Game reviewers still can't write for poo poo!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

triple sulk posted:

do you need to know anything at all about the other ac games

according to the reviews, no