Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Always playing with my meat
Grimey Drawer
FuboTV has the split screen stuff, up to 8 (I think, might be 6) games and you can pick whichever ones you want.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KYOON GRIFFEY JR
Apr 12, 2010

Runner-up, TRP Sack Race 2021/22

Joey Freshwater posted:

FuboTV has the split screen stuff, up to 8 (I think, might be 6) games and you can pick whichever ones you want.

It only works on some devices. I think it works on Apple TV, but it doesn’t work on our Roku.

Fifty Three
Oct 29, 2007

downout posted:

Anyone using YouTube tv on a smart tv? I’m curious how the picture in picture is, they claim it’s a feature now.
I used it on a Chromecast w/Google TV (that's the entire device name) during March Madness and it worked well, but I couldn't pick and choose channels. It did let you change the audio source on the fly though, that was neat. Hoping for more channel flexibility in the future especially during bowl season.

drewhead
Jun 22, 2002

KYOON GRIFFEY JR posted:

It only works on some devices. I think it works on Apple TV, but it doesn’t work on our Roku.

Works on both my Rokus. March Madness was the bomb!

Saucer Crab
Apr 3, 2009

I believe Huggins' contract got knocked down to a single year at $1 million flat after he did the homo/transphobic comments (shoulda been fired with cause of course) and they're currently fighting over whether he actually resigned or not so they may or may not have to pay even that out.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
https://twitter.com/RedditCFB/status/1694194137933766714

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

Good, get their rear end

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!

gently caress yeah

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Everybody's working for the weekend
That’s stupid

KYOON GRIFFEY JR
Apr 12, 2010

Runner-up, TRP Sack Race 2021/22

drewhead posted:

Works on both my Rokus. March Madness was the bomb!

What the hell? I tried it last CFB season and it didn’t work. I’ll have to try it again this year!

Thermos H Christ
Sep 6, 2007

WINNINGEST BEVO
Apparently we’re trying to solve every problem with defamation suits at this point?

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

General Dog posted:

That’s stupid

Yeah it was stupid to take Reggie's heisman, I agree

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

a neat cape posted:

Absolutely :hmmyes:

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

harperdc posted:

Absolutely :hmmyes:

Remember that game against Fresno State

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

It's amazing what they can do with computers these days.

Anything that makes the NCAA eat poo poo is good.

DrunkPanda
Apr 24, 2005
I am trolling you, CineD

28 Days Later is actually a great movie

fuck starcraft

Let it go, bro. Move on

Judgy Fucker
Mar 24, 2006

DrunkPanda posted:

Let it go, bro. Move on

Why?

i am a moron
Nov 12, 2020

"I think if there’s one thing we can all agree on it’s that Penn State and Michigan both suck and are garbage and it’s hilarious Michigan fans are freaking out thinking this is their natty window when they can’t even beat a B12 team in the playoffs lmao"
He did the things they said he did. No one defamed him. It didn’t have any impact on his career and I bet people still refer to him as a heisman winner. Great use of a courts time

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

a neat cape posted:

Remember that game against Fresno State

Yeah. Just an absolute show.

https://youtu.be/df7tN0qFM_I

That year USC played at Autzen, was one of the tougher student tickets I ever had to get. And seeing Bush in person was just unfair. Him and Adrian Peterson, for different reasons.

Judgy Fucker
Mar 24, 2006

i am a moron posted:

He did the things they said he did. No one defamed him. It didn’t have any impact on his career and I bet people still refer to him as a heisman winner. Great use of a courts time

It's a tort. He's not belaboring some public defender, and if the judge thinks the suit lacks merit they'll toss it.

Hed
Mar 31, 2004

Fun Shoe
Lol at “Pac-12ing” becoming a thing :negative:

https://twitter.com/davidfloyd1980/status/1694099769621103101?s=42&t=9yExOtCmDk5lDB5RELDBhA

Neil Armbong
Jan 16, 2004

If anybody wants to see, there's a Donkey Kong kill screen coming up.
Pillbug

Can’t wait for him to lose it again. The coverage of that team was nauseating and their loss to Texas in the national championship game was such a fitting bookend for the greatest team ever that won one championship.

Judgy Fucker
Mar 24, 2006

I'm not well-versed in such matters, would this be a case for antitrust law?

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Other than a pokemon gotta catch em all thing I'm curious who the Big 10 or SEC would want from the Big 12?

Kansas basketball, or Arizona? BYU football if you can force them to play games on Sundays in some sports? I guess Baylor is in there.

Seems like the ACC is where the gold is at if you can figure out how to get enough schools to break that grant of rights.

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

a neat cape posted:

It wasn’t the NCAA that did that, though

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Grittybeard posted:

Other than a pokemon gotta catch em all thing I'm curious who the Big 10 or SEC would want from the Big 12?

Kansas basketball, or Arizona? BYU football if you can force them to play games on Sundays in some sports? I guess Baylor is in there.

Seems like the ACC is where the gold is at if you can figure out how to get enough schools to break that grant of rights.

I don’t think the implication is that they’re going to raid teams, I think the implication is just “you’d better graciously accept whatever we offer you (in terms of playoff access, playoff revenue, etc.), because if you play hardball you’re going to get a worse outcome than that.”

Neil Armbong
Jan 16, 2004

Pillbug

Grittybeard posted:

idk that they want anything, this is the 2 conferences v clearly stating they run the show and anyone who wants to stay involved best get in line. happening a bit sooner than i'd thought it would and def cements we are on a path to where some sort of sub-nfl professional super league of 20 - 30 teams is where college ball is heading at the top.

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Yeah, it’s “when we offer a 4+10 playoff format for 2027 and beyond, we don’t want to hear anything other than ‘thank you sir.’”

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

I've gotta stop fantasizing about Lee Majors...
Ah, one more!

LeeMajors posted:

Can’t wait to watch Swamp Kings so I can remember what good UF football looks like.

Man this is making me miss Florida being good. Holy poo poo.

Soul Glo
Aug 27, 2003

Just let it shine through
disappointed to hear the netflix florida doc is mostly positive about urban meyer and essentially ignores everything off the field (the interesting stuff)

is that accurate?

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

Ah, one more!

Soul Glo posted:

disappointed to hear the netflix florida doc is mostly positive about urban meyer and essentially ignores everything off the field (the interesting stuff)

is that accurate?

They’re pretty critical so far but I’m in episode 3.

Mostly I’m just nostalgic for competent football in the swamp. Hernandez poo poo hasn’t hit yet.

kayakyakr
Feb 16, 2004

Kayak is true

The way the system is currently set up, the Big Ten and SEC don't have any control. They'll actually have to withdraw from the NCAA entirely because the other conferences aren't just going to let them take their ball and go home without some sort of retribution.

If they want to control the playoff entirely on their own, they have to kill the ACC so they can muster enough votes to overcome the Big XVI and G5. Until then, they should play nice with the other two power conferences.

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

kayakyakr posted:

The way the system is currently set up, the Big Ten and SEC don't have any control. They'll actually have to withdraw from the NCAA entirely because the other conferences aren't just going to let them take their ball and go home without some sort of retribution.

If they want to control the playoff entirely on their own, they have to kill the ACC so they can muster enough votes to overcome the Big XVI and G5. Until then, they should play nice with the other two power conferences.

I don't think this is likely to happen, but once the current playoff contract is done (which is only a couple of years down the road) there's nothing actually preventing the Big Ten and SEC from just going off and making their own playoff separate from the rest of FBS. The NCAA certainly won't stop them; they've always been pretty emphatic that the college football postseason is none of their business, beyond who's eligible to participate.

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

LeeMajors posted:

They’re pretty critical so far but I’m in episode 3.

Mostly I’m just nostalgic for competent football in the swamp. Hernandez poo poo hasn’t hit yet.

From what I've read they basically ignore Hernandez, who already has a three-part Netflix doc about all his poo poo.

i am a moron
Nov 12, 2020

"I think if there’s one thing we can all agree on it’s that Penn State and Michigan both suck and are garbage and it’s hilarious Michigan fans are freaking out thinking this is their natty window when they can’t even beat a B12 team in the playoffs lmao"
some ppl died but the football was good pawl

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

Ah, one more!

To be fair, the deaths were much later.

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

kayakyakr posted:

At some point, this seems like inviting an anti-trust lawsuit

Neil Armbong
Jan 16, 2004

Pillbug

LeeMajors posted:

To be fair, the deaths were much later.

didn't both he and the pouncey's beat the poo poo of folks a few times in bars in gainesville? or was it their official visit?

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

Ah, one more!

Neil Armbong posted:

didn't both he and the pouncey's beat the poo poo of folks a few times in bars in gainesville? or was it their official visit?

Hernandez had a fight swept under the rug at one time. The pounceys had some run ins. Others had some drug stuff.

But like the Hernandez murder stuff was after UF. I think he was suspected in a possible attempted shooting either in Connecticut or in Gainesville but I don’t remember directly.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wiltsghost
Mar 27, 2011

Wasn't there something recently where the Big 10 said they didn't want to come across as bullies lol