Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Favourite Kirby Super Star power?
This poll is closed.
Beam 3 1.79%
Bomb 3 1.79%
Cook 1 0.60%
Copy 3 1.79%
Crash 1 0.60%
Cutter 5 2.98%
Fighter 5 2.98%
Fire 3 1.79%
Hammer 13 7.74%
Ice 3 1.79%
Jet 3 1.79%
Mike (sic) 14 8.33%
Mirror 11 6.55%
Ninja 5 2.98%
Paint 0 0%
Parasol 2 1.19%
Plasma 4 2.38%
Sleep 9 5.36%
Starship 5 2.98%
Stone 6 3.57%
Suplex 22 13.10%
Sword 20 11.90%
Wheel 6 3.57%
Wing 6 3.57%
Yo-Yo 15 8.93%
Total: 168 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Morpheus
Apr 18, 2008

My favourite little monsters

hatty posted:

the stupid looking Sony streaming handheld is called the Playstation Portal and costs $200

https://twitter.com/PlayStation/status/1694336622769180748?s=20

The idea of the official blog of a company doing a 'hands-on report' for a new product of theirs is so dumb.

"Wow this thing is so great! There aren't any flaws at all! No need to compare this to other ways of doing the same thing that cost literally nothing as long as you have a phone!"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
portable gaming is for addicts and i dont touch the stuff but seems like a controller and big screen where your hands aren't covering the screen to control it would be an obvious benefit for handhelders

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
It's only a step on from the official magazine by the console maker reviewing the company published titles.

Morpheus
Apr 18, 2008

Khanstant posted:

portable gaming is for addicts and i dont touch the stuff but seems like a controller and big screen where your hands aren't covering the screen to control it would be an obvious benefit for handhelders

If you own a PS5 (which you do if you're thinking of buying this) then you can bluetooth your controller to your phone though. Maybe a clip to attach the two, which will run far less than $200.

Edit: I suppose a bigger screen is a boon if you don't own a tablet, but man, seems so incredibly needless.

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?

Morpheus posted:

If you own a PS5 (which you do if you're thinking of buying this) then you can bluetooth your controller to your phone though. Maybe a clip to attach the two, which will run far less than $200.

Edit: I suppose a bigger screen is a boon if you don't own a tablet, but man, seems so incredibly needless.

the weight distribution of the clip on solution isn't ideal too

TheWorldsaStage
Sep 10, 2020

https://twitter.com/tomwarren/status/1694348262713561396?t=YhwzRysI6MwNg85b-WYWcw&s=19

Lmao

E: apparently you can use it outside your local network but only with wifi access

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007

Morpheus posted:

oh lol that's actually pretty cool. i have a playstation controller but i have to keep it wired on my pc to even maybe do the special features for a few games kinda. Does seem more needless than usual but portable people seem to be a big enough group to be worth chasing and they love a new wiiu

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

TheWorldsaStage posted:

https://twitter.com/tomwarren/status/1694348262713561396?t=YhwzRysI6MwNg85b-WYWcw&s=19

Lmao

E: apparently you can use it outside your local network but only with wifi access

a project they devoted time and resources to

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Can't believe the Vita died for this

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
king solomon told them he would cut the controller in half thinking he'd suss out the real mom but they just let him and stuck a screen in the gap

Morpheus
Apr 18, 2008

The real parent was the one who wanted to play vidja on the kid's face.

Well, I'm not gonna besmirch anyone who gets this, it's weird that Microsoft hasn't made something like this considering their brand being cloud gaming and stuff, but eh.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY

TheWorldsaStage posted:

Lmao

No point in buying this thing

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

TheWorldsaStage posted:

Lmao

lol completely useless unless you buy [Second Expensive Thing]

If it has a headphone jack it might be semi-useful? Still.. no BYO is :lol:

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

TheWorldsaStage posted:

Lmao

Wait if it can't play locally or do cloud streaming what the gently caress does it actually do?

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
oh lol so its actually worse than the free phone tricks

EightFlyingCars
Jun 30, 2008

stev posted:

Wait if it can't play locally or do cloud streaming what the gently caress does it actually do?

i think they mean it doesn't have any local storage, and it doesn't run games locally on the device itself

it's a wii u gamepad basically

TheWorldsaStage
Sep 10, 2020

stev posted:

I re-checked, no local play in the article means internet access required, either your own network or otherwise

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

stev posted:

Streams from your PS5.

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

NO MERCY, ONLY PAIN :black101:
I'll keep using my phone clipped to a dualsense to game in bed thanks

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord
Hell yeah. Steamworld Build has a release date. Dec 1.

Ometeotl
Feb 13, 2012

It's MISSEL! Or SISSLE!
I confused myself...

Rinkles posted:

Streams from your PS5.

Except for cloud streaming for whatever reason

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

Holy poo poo Prigozhin’s dead

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

Rinkles posted:

just truly baffling that he thought he could give up all leverage after crossing the rubicon and somehow survive for more than a year

no half measures, walter

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

Rinkles posted:

That’s just the original

Yeah? ONly the console ports need updates, cause you can't go into their files and fix them up

Relatedly, I've been playing Judge Dredd: Dredd vs Death and had to install TWO mods just to get the drat thing to work properly. One to make it run in widescreen and one to make the jump button work. Fun game though

Monkey Fracas
Sep 11, 2010

...but then you get to the end and a gorilla starts throwing barrels at you!
Grimey Drawer
So with the Switch being tagged Denuvo is now on every console yeah?

More important than ever to watch the Digital Foundry video about the game you're thinking of buying I guess lol

Finally got past the Gigante fight in RE4R after crashing out during it like 5 times- turns out I forgot to turn the Rain Effects from High to Low. After I did that I was able to make it and with that I think everything is at like absolute minimum settings. If I get stuck somewhere else there's no other settings to turn down so crossing my fingers here

Love the little trumpet stings in the fight music but missing the silly intro from the OG game.

AceOfFlames
Oct 9, 2012

Radio Games Forum posted:

Had a ton of fun in Case 5 Day 2 last night in Phoenix Wright.

So much slippery business occuring and accidentally proving that the video of the murder of Bruce Goodman was not one and as such making my client, Lana Skye, still look pretty guilty

I got a ton of theories but no idea how (phoenix) right I am!! Wonderful, absorbing, fun game :D

The unveiling of the security video coupled with everyone's reactions (especially Edgeworth's immortal "What the hell was that wriggling piece of plywood?") is probably one of the top 3 funniest moments in the entire series.

Attack on Princess
Dec 15, 2008

To yolo rolls! The cause and solution to all problems!

Vermain posted:

just truly baffling that he thought he could give up all leverage after crossing the rubicon and somehow survive for more than a year

no half measures, walter

If life is anything like a mafia movie, they threatened him to back down by going after family and mistresses.

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
A plane is just a high window with some engines on it.

TheWorldsaStage
Sep 10, 2020

So the poo poo they're trying to sell by having no Bluetooth looks futuristic and snazzy at least (still lol)

https://twitter.com/PlayStation/status/1694336622769180748?t=PrfsK4ZPHjf1WmeLvF1www&s=19

Volte
Oct 4, 2004

woosh woosh
Is it lack of support for Bluetooth audio that people are talking about, because Bluetooth audio has way too much latency to be very good for gaming. Even the PS5 and XSX don't support it for that reason, so it's not that surprising that this thing doesn't either.

Morpheus
Apr 18, 2008

Rinkles posted:

What Call of Duty is that

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

Morpheus posted:

hasn't come out yet

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

Sony's recent aesthetic sense for their physical products is horrifyingly ugly; some sort of Mass Effectesque brain worm worked it's way into the designers mind and rewrote their reality to thinking white planes twisted over black plastic looked high class. They should bring in their Xperia designers, Sony's phones have always looked good even if they don't function as well as they should for the price.

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

Gaius Marius posted:

Sony's recent aesthetic sense for their physical products is horrifyingly ugly; some sort of Mass Effectesque brain worm worked it's way into the designers mind and rewrote their reality to thinking white planes twisted over black plastic looked high class. They should bring in their Xperia designers, Sony's phones have always looked good even if they don't function as well as they should for the price.

gotta agree, it's sad

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

NO MERCY, ONLY PAIN :black101:
My opinion on the PS5 aesthetics is the same as my opinion on supercar aesthetics. Some ppl say to me "I don't like the look of this Ferrari, I think the McLaren looks better" or whatever and my response to that is "Who loving cares what they look like. They drive real good."

Who loving cares what the PS5 looks like. It plays games real good

Barry Bluejeans
Feb 2, 2017

ATTENTHUN THITIZENTH

Morpheus posted:

No Russian

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

fridge corn posted:

My opinion on the PS5 aesthetics is the same as my opinion on supercar aesthetics. Some ppl say to me "I don't like the look of this Ferrari, I think the McLaren looks better" or whatever and my response to that is "Who loving cares what they look like. They drive real good."

What games

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

fridge corn posted:

my gamer co-worker has three switches because he just HAD to get the special edition botw and totk models. Brainworms

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
PlayStation consoles have looked ugly since the PS3 Super Slim. the team that designed the Vita must’ve left a while ago

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sally
Jan 9, 2007

Don't post Small Dash!
wheh i bought my switch lite the guy said they had all the colours and asked what i wanted and i was all like i dunno man it doesnt matter whichever one you grab first surprise me