Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Luff
Jul 11, 2006

Congratulations on not getting fit in 2011!
I always figured there were enough event quests to do the whole thing on the last day, but I guess not. Only got about 3/4ths

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes
I was losing anyway, but careful if you're playing Thorim if you have any cards that buff the cards in your hand b/c I was unable to play my free card because of it -- yknow, the entire reason you pick him as your BG hero anyway

Nybble
Jun 28, 2008

praise chuck, raise heck
Patch is live on iOS.

I’m torn on Tier 7 minions: might be fine and even preferable to Triple into them but not sure if you’d ever spend the money to get there specifically unless it’s very late.

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

"Everyone's entitled to their point of view, but that's seriously a weird one."
https://twitter.com/RidiculousHat/status/1694021624096338373?s=20

When I saw the "Locations from the future" thing I thought it was going to be some of the alt-futures in WoW but it's actually hints at upcoming HS content.

The placers are Mulgore, a netherspace ship, Suramar, Lordaeron, the Earthern Realm (so we might get the conspicuously absent Therazane), Pandaria and the Dragon Isles.

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.

Nybble posted:

Patch is live on iOS.

I’m torn on Tier 7 minions: might be fine and even preferable to Triple into them but not sure if you’d ever spend the money to get there specifically unless it’s very late.

The anomalies gimmick is in general pretty fun. I like knowing it up front during hero selection, that was a good call I think.

Color Printer
May 9, 2011

You get used to it. I don't
even see the code. All I see
is Ipecac, Scapular, Polyphemus...

I don't like the "get a random treasure every turn" one. Things just go completely nutty for some and I get stuck with ones that barely do anything the turn I get them on.

Elysium
Aug 21, 2003
It is by will alone I set my mind in motion.
Single minion type blows… or at least it blows when it rolls beast.

Wizard of the Deep
Sep 25, 2005

Another productive workday
Hah, I was just about to mention how much fun I had going Pretzel Mustard on an Oops All Bots! battleground.

The "Start at Tavern Level 2" is pretty lame, though.

Elysium
Aug 21, 2003
Can I stop getting Might of Kaz’goroth please? Had it like 5 times now.

Btw it bugs out Flourishing Frostling because it “sets” its attack and it stops growing.

I’ve easily has Might in 1/3 of games. I think they screwed up the “increase the chance” of Norgannon and did Might instead.

Elysium fucked around with this message at 05:41 on Aug 23, 2023

Patrick Spens
Jul 21, 2006

"Every quarterback says they've got guts, But how many have actually seen 'em?"
Pillbug
Anyone else getting a battlegrounds bug where it hangs up right before combat and then cannot reconnect to your game if you restart? I've had it happen twice now.

Desert Bus
May 9, 2004

Take 1 tablet by mouth daily.
Updated and better thanks to the Dreadscale buff:

### Beasty Boys 2.0
# Class: Hunter
# Format: Wild
#
# 2x (0) Devouring Swarm
# 2x (0) Serpentbloom
# 2x (1) Alleycat
# 2x (1) Awakening Tremors
# 2x (1) Springpaw
# 2x (1) Wolpertinger
# 2x (2) Starving Buzzard
# 1x (3) Acidmaw
# 1x (3) Dreadscale
# 2x (3) Harpoon Gun
# 2x (3) Master's Call
# 2x (5) Shadehound
# 2x (5) Tundra Rhino
# 1x (6) Beaststalker Tavish
# 2x (6) Hollow Hound
# 1x (6) Hope of Quel'Thalas
# 1x (7) Hydralodon
# 1x (8) Stranglethorn Heart
#
AAEBAa/XAwbJFMoU25EE57kEsJMF0/gFDLsF2QnquwKghQOkiAOizgPm7gOU/AODyATA7QSP5AXI9gUAAA==
#
# To use this deck, copy it to your clipboard and create a new deck in Hearthstone

ShaneMacGowansTeeth
May 22, 2007

I think this is it... I think this is how it ends
I had "set health to the highest of your two end minions" first, so obviously a naga player had silly health pools. Currently doing "get two of the first minion you buy" and it's golden minions everywhere

Math You
Oct 27, 2010

So put your faith
in more than steel

Patrick Spens posted:

Anyone else getting a battlegrounds bug where it hangs up right before combat and then cannot reconnect to your game if you restart? I've had it happen twice now.

This happened to me on Android around tavern brawl reset, not sure if it was related. Just waiting like a (literal) minute to reconnect seemed to be the ticket and left me about 10 seconds to do my turn. No I didn't win, why do you ask?

Firebert
Aug 16, 2004
Chenvala + Every minion is golden and a nice string of sellementals got me to tavern 6 on turn 5, shame that the game was so unstable last night and I couldn’t finish it :(

Elysium
Aug 21, 2003
Bringing back true poison was a mistake. Welcome to Amalgadon-stone. Again.

Oenis
Mar 15, 2012
Went from D2 to legend with curse warlock

### curse
# Class: Warlock
# Format: Standard
# Year of the Wolf
#
# 2x (1) Chaotic Consumption
# 1x (1) Sir Finley, Sea Guide
# 2x (1) Tour Guide
# 2x (2) Defile
# 2x (2) Drain Soul
# 1x (2) Thornveil Tentacle
# 2x (3) Dragged Below
# 2x (3) Forge of Wills
# 2x (3) Reverberations
# 2x (3) Scourge Supplies
# 2x (3) Sira'kess Cultist
# 2x (4) Imposing Anubisath
# 1x (5) Lady Darkvein
# 1x (5) Symphony of Sins
# 1x (5) Za'qul
# 2x (6) Abyssal Wave
# 1x (6) Loken, Jailer of Yogg-Saron
# 1x (7) Dar'Khan Drathir
# 1x (9) Sargeras, the Destroyer
#
AAECAa35AwjlsATmvQSH6gTOkgX5xgX1+AWm+wXo/wUL56AE/rQE3L0E4r0EpZIFyOsF1/oF7f0F7v0F8YAG16IGAAA=
#
# To use this deck, copy it to your clipboard and create a new deck in Hearthstone

The biggest scam you can shoot for is Symphony of Sins into draw a 3 mana Sargeras. Not sure about the Loken in this deck, I grabbed it off reddit somewhere. It's probably not required, but can be cool to tutor one of the other legendaries.

SyRauk
Jun 21, 2007

The Persian Menace
Stuck at Gold 2. These rogue mechs are still crazy OP as a DK. I just can't get rid of their early mechs fast enough and before I know it they have like 3 magnetized effects working with some other card that makes even more magnets and then prof putricide making concoctions.

Tin Tim
Jun 4, 2012

Live by the pun - Die by the pun

We were talking about it and he delivered :v:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WRUEMt2zg_4

Julio Cruz
May 19, 2006

Patrick Spens posted:

yeah had this a couple of times now, seems like the only thing is to quit and wait until the game would have finished normally

The Lord Bude
May 23, 2007

ASK ME ABOUT MY SHITTY, BOUGIE INTERIOR DECORATING ADVICE

SyRauk posted:

Stuck at Gold 2. These rogue mechs are still crazy OP as a DK. I just can't get rid of their early mechs fast enough and before I know it they have like 3 magnetized effects working with some other card that makes even more magnets and then prof putricide making concoctions.

Unfortunately DK just doesn’t have a good laddering deck right now. Hunter or pure dude pally would let you climb much more easily. Maybe even control priest if you were facing mostly mech rogues.

peer
Jan 17, 2004

this is not what I wanted
blizzard please understand i would rather die than play "oops all beasts"

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

peer posted:

All the single tribe anomalies are awful

Beasteh
Feb 12, 2012

I'M QUESTIONING MY EXISTENCE AND THIS IDIOT JUST WANTS TO PEE OFF A WALL

peer posted:

I just came off one of these where I faced a Tess who had scooped up all of the loving monkeys so she had 2 golden and one normal + mama bear, then got dunked on for 42 by a Thorim who got Papa Bear and reborned it

Desert Bus
May 9, 2004

All of you seem to be having fun with current BG so I decided to try it out.

Most of the time I hit the play button and it just kicks me back to the previous screen. Sometimes it tries to load a game forever. I will try again later.

Patrick Spens
Jul 21, 2006

"Every quarterback says they've got guts, But how many have actually seen 'em?"
Pillbug

RatHat posted:

All the single tribe anomalies are awful

I had a bunch of fun with all dragons last night.

Chernabog
Apr 16, 2007

So far this is my take:
Attack/health swap: Meh
Attack/health matching: Meh
All cards are gold: Can be fun but also can get too crazy with some tribes.
Tier 7: Fine but lasts too long, should reduce the cost of upgrading instead of giving more armor
Darkmoon prizes instead of higher level minions: Good, changes the play pattern in an interesting way.
Start with 10 gold: Fine, makes the match go quicker.
Start on Tier 2: Meh

Haven't seen 1 tribe only.

peer
Jan 17, 2004

this is not what I wanted
"minions cost 1 but sell for 0" is pretty cool. significantly changes how you play

Elysium
Aug 21, 2003
I like the length of the tier 7 matches. Not that every match should be that long all the time, but it really reduces the number of times you are like “man I just needed that ONE MORE TURN to get my engine going, what a waste of a match”. Now you have the time, and if you never get anything going that’s on you. Sure, someone probably got better poo poo going than you and you lost, but you still got to at least do “something” compared to those regular matches where you just died and never even got a look.

Color Printer
May 9, 2011

You get used to it. I don't
even see the code. All I see
is Ipecac, Scapular, Polyphemus...

I feel like Naga should be banned from the ones that change the end minions' attack/health to match. It basically overrides the temporary spells and yay, free stats.

Julio Cruz
May 19, 2006
"get two copies of the first minion you buy" is pretty nuts with Elementals, and probably would be with Pirates too

Luff
Jul 11, 2006

Congratulations on not getting fit in 2011!
The anomaly that gives you Darkmoon prizes may end up being fun, but they really need to remove Elise from the minion pool for it

Last King
Sep 29, 2007

In corporate R'lyeh, Cthulhu works you.

Fun Shoe
i don't think i've had a full lobby yet - either someone gets a poo poo hero or they don't like the anomaly.

Beasteh
Feb 12, 2012

T7 dragon in an actual viable dragon comp is absolutely nutty, essentially has cleave

Flaming June
Oct 21, 2004

Very Fair

Elysium
Aug 21, 2003

Last King posted:

i don't think i've had a full lobby yet - either someone gets a poo poo hero or they don't like the anomaly.

It’s me, I’m the guy quitting Might of Kaz’goroth every time.

I’ve played a good number of the anomalies so far but there are still a few I haven’t gotten. Here’s my thoughts and the approximate number of times I’ve had each.

Prudence: 0

Anti-Grav: 1, this was fine but honestly just made very little difference really

Might: 10, WHY IS THIS SO COMMON

Fortitude: 0, haven’t gotten but can’t be too different than might so probably boring

Money: 3, Decent, but once the meta is a little more established on the best way to balance upgrading tiers i think it will even out to be less interesting

Denathrius: 1, boring. The great part of the quest system was matching your quest to your hero power to get busted poo poo. Just quest for everyone is not interesting.

Uncompensated: 1, really interesting

Secrets: 10, great change of pace. gently caress amalgadon

Transient: 0, havent played but it’s probably fun

Nguyen: 1, you are Nguyen so of course its fun

Buddies: 1, pretty fun, but oh man how many times can you get hosed by the other guy having the gold summon 6 minions guy? Like every turn thats how many times. Really hard (but fun) to establish an actually build and not just ramble randomly.

Oops: 2, sucks

Faire: 2, it’s fine, and you will definitely forget you are not getting a minion minimum 2 times

Finicky: 2, I think this is actually underrated as a “just slightly throw off the normal build orders” change of pace

Packed: 0

Double: 1, loving nuts lol

Echoes: 0

False: 0

Grapnel: 3, a fun accelerator of tavern tiers because you can upgrade at full gold and still get a minion

Golden: 1, loving NUTS

Elysium fucked around with this message at 19:23 on Aug 24, 2023

Beasteh
Feb 12, 2012

might and fortitude can gently caress off, super boring and hero/comp dependant to get ahead on top of the regular rng

Julio Cruz
May 19, 2006
shoutout to the Totem Shaman who gave me both his Bloodlusts with Magatha and then went face instead of trading

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

Luff posted:

The anomaly that gives you Darkmoon prizes may end up being fun, but they really need to remove Elise from the minion pool for it

yuuuup

(not mine)

Desert Bus
May 9, 2004

Julio Cruz posted:

shoutout to the Totem Shaman who gave me both his Bloodlusts with Magatha and then went face instead of trading

Magatha is so good (sometimes).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ShaneMacGowansTeeth
May 22, 2007

I think this is it... I think this is how it ends
anyone have the Bookie Barov BG skin absolutely remove all variants of the Barov skin from the collection and be replaced with RESTING?