Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug

Pine Cone Jones posted:

As Tom Waits says, sometimes you just have to go to Cleveland

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oZzgAjjuqZM

At least we're not detroit!

Mike Polk, the guy who made that video, is now a Cleveland News Caster. Even he could not escape its reaches.

\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/

Tom Waits is god I'm pretty sure, if there is a god
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U5X4N2exOsU

CommieGIR fucked around with this message at 01:26 on Aug 23, 2023

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pine Cone Jones
Dec 6, 2009

You throw me the acorn, I throw you the whip!
https://youtu.be/O_ScWtP2IxU

Soul Dentist
Mar 17, 2009
Yeah he was pretty good in Mystery Men

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

another game at nationwide arena. everybody keeps asking me if they can fuck the cannon. buddy, they don't even let me fuck it

Trump's IT guy had enough:

https://twitter.com/joncoopertweets/status/1694125396441063570?t=-vBg6OVS77pM28sIMZXvVg&s=19

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

should have picked four fingers

Lol dusted

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

another game at nationwide arena. everybody keeps asking me if they can fuck the cannon. buddy, they don't even let me fuck it

https://twitter.com/GeorgeTakei/status/1694001776218034257?t=pXgNMBkkZuADwYJPW6YLyw&s=19

Jesus loving Christ. :dogbutton:

Lemniscate Blue
Apr 21, 2006

Here we go again.

Gat drat. Takei is a little too "Resistance Liberal" but he knows how to hit.

CoffeeQaddaffi
Mar 20, 2009

Love a good Sulu troll.

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

stealie72 posted:

Can confirm. Have ridden a 757 in 3x3 domestic configuration from Cleveland to Gatwick. Will never do that again.

RIP Continental.

Anyway, he does actually have an issue here if we just go by the nominal range of 3900nm for a 757, it can just make FLL-LHR.

The great circle distance for FLL-SVO would be 5707nm direct and there are a lot of issues with that route. EWR-SVO is “only” 4670nm.

http://www.gcmap.com/mapui?P=FLL-SVO%0D%0AEWR-SVO&R=3900nm%40FLL&MS=wls&DU=mi&E=120&EV=389&EU=kts

Im sure a lightly loaded VIP 757 could be configured for such a distance but Trump is cheap and hasn’t needed auxiliary tanks for anything. He bought it from Paul Allen though, he might’ve opted for that.

Lemniscate Blue
Apr 21, 2006

Here we go again.

hobbesmaster posted:

RIP Continental.

Anyway, he does actually have an issue here if we just go by the nominal range of 3900nm for a 757, it can just make FLL-LHR.

The great circle distance for FLL-SVO would be 5707nm direct and there are a lot of issues with that route. EWR-SVO is “only” 4670nm.

http://www.gcmap.com/mapui?P=FLL-SVO%0D%0AEWR-SVO&R=3900nm%40FLL&MS=wls&DU=mi&E=120&EV=389&EU=kts

Im sure a lightly loaded VIP 757 could be configured for such a distance but Trump hasn’t needed auxiliary tanks for anything, but he bought it from Paul Allen who might’ve opted for that.

How much does all the luxury crap he almost certainly piled into the thing affect its range?

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

Lemniscate Blue posted:

How much does all the luxury crap he almost certainly piled into the thing affect its range?

There’s zero chance it weighs more than 200 people in economy

Soylent Pudding
Jun 22, 2007

We've got people!

I think there is a big difference between "can a typical 757 make the trip?" and "can a 757 maintained on a Trump budget make the trip?"

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

https://twitter.com/newrepublic/status/1693394484434776116?t=ad7gkYQIxj8p-rCej3xiSQ&s=19

This is going to end with everyone he stiffed for payment flipping on him, isn't it?

That's probably the only way Trump could get comeuppance for doing so even though all of them were idiots for trusting him in the first place.

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

Didn’t it just go through a D check? If whoever did that just paid for approval as if it was a sketchy emissions shop that would be completely insane.

Not saying it’s impossible, nothing with Trump is, it’s just absurdly unlikely.

Jimmy Smuts
Aug 8, 2000

The X logo really needs to be replaced by the AAFES logo in every instance possible, just to troll. And renaming a known brand like Twitter to a drat letter is annoying as hell. Didn't Intel get in legal trouble for this in the 90s, with the 80586 getting renamed to the Pentium?

Wombot
Sep 11, 2001

Trump's 757-200 has Rolls Royce RB211 engines. The C-32, the Air Force designation for a 757 converted to business jet use, has Pratt & Whitney PW2000-series engines.

Max range for a commercial 757 is around 2290 nautical miles, and that's true for both the RB and PW flavors. The C-32, however, has almost 3 times the range: 5650 nautical miles. If the RB211s have the same performance as the PW engines, which it seems they do, it's conceivable he could get similar range with his 757.

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS
The C-32 gets its enhanced range from fuel tanks that fill much of the cargo area, not from impossibly efficient turbofans.

Wombot
Sep 11, 2001

I did not say the engines are more efficient, magic or otherwise - in fact I said that the PW2000 and RB211s seem to have very similar performance numbers when compared using the commercial configuration of the 757-200. The implication was that if the C-32 gets it's extra range from weight savings due to BBJ configuration and low passenger numbers, that would also likely hold true for Trump's 757. If the C-32 has extra fuel tanks, that would certainly change that calculus.

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

there's no way trompjet has weight reduction compared to a mainline pax version, luxury toilets and luxury toilet document boxes add up fast

stealie72
Jan 10, 2007
Trump dying when his plane crashes into the north Atlantic on his way to flee to Russia because he was as cheap with maintenance as he is with everything else would be goddamn hilarious.

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006

stealie72 posted:

Trump dying when his plane crashes into the north Atlantic on his way to flee to Russia because he was as cheap with maintenance as he is with everything else would be goddamn hilarious.

If such a thing were to happen, I might start believing in a bunch of crazy things, like justice, the magic of a child's smile, and that maybe everything will be all right.

Hyrax Attack!
Jan 13, 2009

We demand to be taken seriously

stealie72 posted:

Lol like Herman trying to get away using counterfeit jeans on the zip line.

bird food bathtub
Aug 9, 2003

College Slice

stealie72 posted:

Trump would end up living longer than Elvis and Bigfoot combined if this happened.

RFC2324
Jun 7, 2012

http 418

bird food bathtub posted:

Trump would end up living longer than Elvis and Bigfoot combined if this happened.

Yeah, this really would be a nightmare scenario, because he wouldn't be around anymore to gently caress himself over while his followers would become directable.

joat mon
Oct 15, 2009

I am the master of my lamp;
I am the captain of my tub.

A new boogeyman for the children of Newfoundland.

Discussion Quorum
Dec 5, 2002
Armchair Philistine

poo poo, a ton of his followers convinced themselves that JFK (the one who would be 105 years old) was going to make an in-person appearance to endorse his son (also dead) as Trump's new running mate or something stupid like that. I can't even imagine.

not caring here
Feb 22, 2012

blazemastah 2 dry 4 u
Right wing fan-fic is dumb

McNally
Sep 13, 2007

Ask me about Proposition 305

Do you like muskets?

Discussion Quorum posted:

poo poo, a ton of his followers convinced themselves that JFK (the one who would be 105 years old) was going to make an in-person appearance to endorse his son (also dead) as Trump's new running mate or something stupid like that. I can't even imagine.

When JFK didn't show they said it's because he was performing and was unavailable

because Keith Richards is secretly JFK.

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Every revolution evaporates and leaves behind only the slime of a new bureaucracy

stealie72 posted:

Gonna be years of Captain America memes if that happens.

Flikken
Oct 23, 2009

10,363 snaps and not a playoff win to show for it
Best case scenario is Trump ends up behind bars and then lives for 10+ years and is forgotten.

If dies anywhere in the process he will live on forever

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

McNally posted:

When JFK didn't show they said it's because he was performing and was unavailable

because Keith Richards is secretly JFK.

lmfao

MA-Horus
Dec 3, 2006

I'm sorry, I can't hear you over the sound of how awesome I am.

Uh did the Russians just schwack Prigozhin?

His private jet got shot down.

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug

MA-Horus posted:

Highly likely. Dude carried out a rebellion against his own sponsor. He was dead as soon as he gave up.

TheWeedNumber
Apr 20, 2020

by sebmojo

MA-Horus posted:

citation needed and certainly hoped for

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns
Yep.

https://twitter.com/Charles_Lister/status/1694399182897877339?t=R3X1GPuiOWUlmCzhVyZHpA&s=19

Stay tuned to the Ukraine Thread for more developments!

SquirrelyPSU
May 27, 2003

0 chance Prigozhin gets blasted out of the sky and it wasn't intentional.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.

MA-Horus posted:

Yup, and I saw rumors it was specifically Russian air defense that shot them down.

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns
if you think about it, there isn't a much higher window that one could throw a dissident out of

what is plane but flying window

Suicide Watch
Sep 8, 2009

TheWeedNumber posted:

citation needed and certainly hoped for

Embraer not Citation

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

How the gently caress did he think starting the coup and not finishing it was in any universe a good idea?