Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What is the most powerful flying bug?
This poll is closed.
🦋 15 3.71%
🦇 115 28.47%
🪰 12 2.97%
🐦 67 16.58%
dragonfly 94 23.27%
🦟 14 3.47%
🐝 87 21.53%
Total: 404 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

https://twitter.com/BGatesIsaPyscho/status/1694400448634007794

smoke in the air probably from an explosion/missile

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HallelujahLee
May 3, 2009

Gresh posted:

In a way you gotta admire how Putin just doesn't give a gently caress what anyone thinks. He is many things, but dumb isn't one of them and there's no way he didn't know how this would be perceived internationally...even among his allies.

Just lol

i doubt a single one of his int allies care about this mercenary loser getting whacked

Frosted Flake
Sep 13, 2011

Semper Shitpost Ubique

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oK9gLkXe0xw

Spergin Morlock
Aug 8, 2009
Probation
Can't post for 48 minutes!

uber_stoat posted:

Prigy on the plane sitting in his cushy seat lazily scrolling the news on his phone. he reads the headline: "BREAKING NEWS: PRIGOZHIN KILLED IN PLANE CRASH."

the plane enters a steep dive.

he probably got a text from Putin right near the end with a video clip of him saying das vidanya

1stGear
Jan 16, 2010

Here's to the new us.
Hell gained a True Poster today.

Burn Zone
May 22, 2004

fits my needs posted:

the ukrainian SS (secret service)

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY
Lmao

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold

theres no trail to the ground, its probably fuel vapor from when the wing fuel tanks ruptured

Burn Zone
May 22, 2004

rip to a real one

Zudgemud
Mar 1, 2009
Grimey Drawer

It's kinda weak to off him like that, for a show of force against insubordination they should just have arrested him and shot him. Now it just looks like the government was too scared to do either a trial or a fast summary execution as they just let him stroll around doing mercenary poo poo for a few weeks and then kill him off anyway.

Orange Devil
Oct 1, 2010

Wullie's reign cannae smother the flames o' equality!

SplitSoul posted:

The 19 Danish F-16s will be delivered as follows: 6 around the end of the year, 8 sometime in 2024, and 5 by 2025.

Oh, and Lars von Trier is now in hot water for writing "Russian Lives Matter Also" on Instagram.

Edit: Forgot to mention, some woman showed up with a Russian flag at Zelenskyy's speech in front of parliament, but was told by police she wouldn't be allowed to cause a disturbance by shouting. Freest of speech.

Burning Qurans is still fine though because of the sanctity of freedom of speech right?

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
the wagner group went woke, and went broke

genericnick
Dec 26, 2012

Starsfan posted:

LMAO there's no loving way

Deadly Ham Sandwich
Aug 19, 2009
Smellrose

lmbo

This supports that the hot dog man coup attempt was genuine.

Webbeh
Dec 13, 2003

IF THIS IS A 'LOST' THREAD I'M PROBABLY WHINING ABOUT
STABBEY THE MEANY
where is my surprised face when i need it

Miles Blundell
May 7, 2023

by Pragmatica
Man I thought that guy was playing dress up in Africa, he probably shoulda stayed there for a while longer.

Is Wagner owned entirely by him? Does it just go up for auction now or something, how do you even transfer ownership of a mercenary group like that?

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY
Getting mugged by the west to do a failed coup and getting killed months later ftw

Brandon Proust
Jun 22, 2006

"Like many intellectuals, he was incapable of scoring a simple goal in a simple way"

the plane crashed following an air defense involved incident

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

Raskolnikov38 posted:

theres no trail to the ground, its probably fuel vapor from when the wing fuel tanks ruptured

yeah could be a bomb? definitely an explosion

Chillgamesh
Jul 29, 2014

What if it was an actual accident though

VoicesCanBe
Jul 1, 2023

"Cóż, wygląda na to, że zostaliśmy łaskawie oszczędzeni trudu decydowania o własnym losie. Jakże uprzejme z ich strony, że przearanżowali Europę bez kłopotu naszego zdania!"

Gresh posted:

In a way you gotta admire how Putin just doesn't give a gently caress what anyone thinks. He is many things, but dumb isn't one of them and there's no way he didn't know how this would be perceived internationally...even among his allies.

Just lol

Literally no one is gonna mourn the guy's death.

Not So Fast
Dec 27, 2007

He just died? Wow. I didn't know that. He led an amazing life, what else can you say? He was an amazing man, whether you agree or not. He was an amazing man who led an amazing life

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

Not So Fast posted:

He just died? Wow. I didn't know that. He led an amazing life, what else can you say? He was an amazing man, whether you agree or not. He was an amazing man who led an amazing life

Frosted Flake
Sep 13, 2011

Semper Shitpost Ubique

Zudgemud posted:

They just let him stroll around doing mercenary poo poo for a few weeks and then kill him off anyway.

“Let your haters be your waiters when you sit down at the table of success.”

Sounds like they put him to work.

Atrocious Joe
Sep 2, 2011

Subvisual Haze posted:

Will no one rid me of this turbulent hot dog vendor?

Burn Zone
May 22, 2004

yeah def seems so

Burn Zone has issued a correction as of 18:50 on Aug 23, 2023

Frosted Flake
Sep 13, 2011

Semper Shitpost Ubique

Not So Fast posted:

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

I think Ukraine did it

Webbeh
Dec 13, 2003

IF THIS IS A 'LOST' THREAD I'M PROBABLY WHINING ABOUT
STABBEY THE MEANY

Miles Blundell posted:

Man I thought that guy was playing dress up in Africa, he probably shoulda stayed there for a while longer.

Is Wagner owned entirely by him? Does it just go up for auction now or something, how do you even transfer ownership of a mercenary group like that?

wasn't the concession to transfer things to the russian military after the "coup" attempt?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wagner_Group_rebellion#Fate_of_the_Wagner_Group_and_linked_businesses

1stGear
Jan 16, 2010

Here's to the new us.

Miles Blundell posted:

IIRC, Wagner was being formally integrated under the Russian MoD after the coup. Prigozhin was still in command, but he didn't own it any more.

Hatebag
Jun 17, 2008

Zudgemud posted:

It's kinda weak to off him like that, for a show of force against insubordination they should just have arrested him and shot him. Now it just looks like the government was too scared to do either a trial or a fast summary execution as they just let him stroll around doing mercenary poo poo for a few weeks and then kill him off anyway.

well if they had just blown him up when he was having his little tantrum they probably would've had to kill a bunch of other mercenaries too which would be demoralizing and a waste of ammo

John Charity Spring
Nov 4, 2009

SCREEEEE
Met Yevgeny Prigozhin at a charity do once (he catered it). Surprisingly down to earth, and VERY funny

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy

Feels Villeneuve posted:

the wagner group went woke, and went broke

Miles Blundell
May 7, 2023

by Pragmatica

VoicesCanBe posted:

Literally no one is gonna mourn the guy's death.

I'm pretty sure that's the whole point of mercenaries, literally nobody has any love for them at all

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy

Not So Fast posted:

lmao

Chillgamesh
Jul 29, 2014

euphronius posted:

I think Ukraine did it

Ukraine secret police hiding bombs in hot dog boxes until they finally get the one on Prigozhin’s jet

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy
Dark Brandon strikes again

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

there is as much evidence Putin killed him as there is the USA blowing up the pipelines

Orange Devil
Oct 1, 2010

Wullie's reign cannae smother the flames o' equality!

Akaiku posted:

waiting for the forum to be shut down for helldumping america, who doesn't even post here anymore.

This literally happened to LF lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cpt_Obvious
Jun 18, 2007

Not So Fast posted:

He sold an amazing hot dog, what else can I say?