Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

I’ll just be generous and say that someone can be or have done something “legendary” and not be a legend themselves.

That thing in ECW where everyone had the foam heads when Al Snow made his entrance, and everyone was bobbing the heads around? That’s kind of a legendary moment.

Al Snow being fed his own dog by The Big Boss Man? Legendary.

But Al Snow? Not a legend.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Daniel Bryan
May 23, 2006

GOAT

El Generico posted:

The standard for "legend" should be higher than Al Snow

Actually the standard for "legend" should be higher than Billy Gunn too, although Billy Gunn is at at least three Al Snows in legend value

What about Leif Cassidy

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Ganso Bomb posted:

That thing in ECW where everyone had the foam heads when Al Snow made his entrance, and everyone was bobbing the heads around? That’s kind of a legendary moment.

While I agree, somebody pointed out that of Al's yearlong ECW run the hot part was for about two months of it.

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

It's like goldy or bronzy, but made of iron.

Edge & Christian posted:

Has there been a single person who has trained in OVW under Al Snow in the past five years who has gone on to do anything of note outside of OVW?

Megan Bayne is already good and likely going to be great. She's midway through a Stardom tour and getting pretty good notices.

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

Daniel Bryan posted:

What about Leif Cassidy

Neither hold a candle to Shinobi

Dawgstar posted:

While I agree, somebody pointed out that of Al's yearlong ECW run the hot part was for about two months of it.

It was a legendary two months

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

It was a really great entrance and theme song

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x21fu55vcfQ

the sex ghost
Sep 6, 2009
We never did find out what everybody wants

Standingstoic
Jan 17, 2007
Out of the blue, beyond any cause you can trace, you'll suddenly realize things are not how you perceived them at all. For some reason, you will no longer be the person you believed you once were.

Dawgstar posted:

Al Snow was also Leif Cassidy for a while in ECW. The guy was very interesting to me when I was younger because he kinda hit that sweet spot where he had a somewhat unique moveset because he was a larger guy who could randomly rip off a moonsault.

He also has one of my favourite punch counter spots, the arm trap headbutts? Always seemed weird no one else ever cribbed that for their own moveset.

super macho dude
Aug 9, 2014

the sex ghost posted:

We never did find out what everybody wants

It was head, a slang term for fellatio and/or cunnilingus

the sex ghost
Sep 6, 2009

super macho dude posted:

It was head, a slang term for fellatio and/or cunnilingus

Thank you

Edge & Christian
May 20, 2001

Earth-1145 is truly the best!
A world of singing, magic frogs,
high adventure, no shitposters

Lamuella posted:

Megan Bayne is already good and likely going to be great. She's midway through a Stardom tour and getting pretty good notices.
Ah. Megan Bayne is neither listed on the current OVW roster, nor the OVW training school website. She definitely got her start in OVW but also hasn't done anything with them since pre-pandemic. I would have included her had OVW acknowledged her existing.

RandolphCarter
Jul 30, 2005

Shard posted:

It was a really great entrance and theme song

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x21fu55vcfQ

It’s amazing how far k tape technology has advanced

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
More and more people are saying it

https://twitter.com/PWRBlog/status/1694052531779817851

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

What does Meltzer mean by 80000 tickets sold at Wembley being the "all-time record?"

Because if he means the number of people attending an event at Wembley, then he's way off.

Adele packed in 98000. Fury v. Whyte brought in 94000. Cardiff v. Portsmouth for the FA Cup in 2008 brought in 89,874. Ireland v. Romania at the 2015 Rugby World Cup brought in 89,267.

edogawa rando fucked around with this message at 20:23 on Aug 22, 2023

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

edogawa rando posted:

What does Meltzer mean by 80000 tickets sold at Wembley being the "all-time record?"

Because if he means the number of people attending an event at Wembley, then he's way off.

He means that would be the most tickets sold for a wrestling event, ever.

Procrastinator
Aug 16, 2009

what?

with all due respect, kind of a weird thing for the sex ghost to not know

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

I DON'T GIVE A CRAP WHAT SHE BELIEVES THE HARRY POTTER BOOKS CHANGED MY LIFE #HUFFLEPUFF

I also think they're going to do a Tony Khan/Sting feud just like McMahon did with Austin in Atlanta.

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

It's like goldy or bronzy, but made of iron.

https://twitter.com/DemonEvilMuscle/status/1694130930292822070?t=WAqXMXwK1AH5KNi4J8XarA&s=19

Dude is literally about to fight Sting at Wembley.

Coolness Averted
Feb 20, 2007

oh don't worry, I can't smell asparagus piss, it's in my DNA

GO HOGG WILD!
🐗🐗🐗🐗🐗

Ok besides a hyped match at Wembley,
Consistently being in the final 2 in battle royales and ending other people's tournament runs
A big feud with Darby,
A big feud with Keith Lee,
A big feud with the Acclaimed,
The tag belt,
What has TK ever done with Swerve?

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Even Swerve got into it.

https://twitter.com/swerveconfident/status/1694133094909895026

Hoss Corncave
Feb 13, 2012

https://twitter.com/DemonEvilMuscle/status/1694134164956774722

The fact that he's replying to Swerve in the third person makes me and most of the replies think he doesn't realise he's actually replying to Swerve.

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

...We sholde spenden more time together. What sayest thou?
Nap Ghost
He does not realize he's talking to Swerve

lol

Suplex Liberace
Jan 18, 2012

heres all his response i think the end is the best

What have they done with him? Challenger for the world title? No. Main event scene? No. Challenger for the TNT championship? No. Challenger for the international championship? No. Oh, wait, I know! He was a tag team champion. But, only to break up the team. You are also misunderstanding me. The guy is talented, but AEW has really not done much with him. WWE also had him in the wrong situation. The big issue with him is his ego. This guy thinks he’s the greatest thing since sliced bread and that type of mentality does not get you far.

Tweak
Jul 28, 2003

or dont whatever

Not that it would make a difference to that guy, but Swerve did have two shots at the International belt, one of which by being in the final 2 of a battle royale. If Darby wins the TNT belt he’ll most likely have a shot at that within the next 3 weeks as well.

Tweak fucked around with this message at 15:53 on Aug 23, 2023

itsnews
Jul 25, 2022
Can’t even tell if he’s a fan of Swerve or not.

A Fancy Hat
Nov 18, 2016

Always remember that the former President was dumber than the dumbest person you've ever met by a wide margin

Arguing that a wrestler is being underutilized without realizing that you're talking to the actual wrestler is peak social media, holy poo poo.

CellBlock
Oct 6, 2005

It just don't stop.

History Comes Inside! posted:

I always remember that tag match with too much who won by putting a bottle of shampoo in the head and pinning it because head and shoulders get it :dadjoke:

Fun fact about that match - it was at King of the Ring 1998, the same night Mick Foley went off the cell.

syzpid
Aug 9, 2014
All these big mouths on Twitter are always like "I am a big fan and didn't mean to offend you!" When wrestlers reply to them. So I appreciate the route this guy is going.

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

https://twitter.com/borisluchas/status/1694385242595860893

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
It's not gonna give Moxley a hangover, is it? I don't want Moxley to get a hangover.

Venomous
Nov 7, 2011

My Business inspirations are Nick Khan & Jordan Belfort - WWE Shareholder

Keep Crying !

bebaloorpabopalo
Nov 23, 2005

I'm not interested in constructive criticism, believe me.
marijuana spots

https://twitter.com/floyddigga/status/1694434623634497936

the sex ghost
Sep 6, 2009

Venomous posted:

Keep Crying !

Shame we just had a new thread title lmao

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

A country where you can always get richer.

Promote super heroes, like Leatherface

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

MJeff posted:

It's not gonna give Moxley a hangover, is it? I don't want Moxley to get a hangover.

CM Punk never paid for drugs. Not once.

Venomous
Nov 7, 2011

Mr. Squishy posted:

Promote super heroes, like Leatherface

the last superhero in AEW left because he was becoming too much like those superheroes in the WWE and the crowds hated him for it

of course, now that the WWE doesn't have any wrestling fans left in its crowds, it's now able to embrace that one superhero as The Guy, probably

Dimebags Brain
Feb 18, 2013

Suplex Liberace posted:

heres all his response i think the end is the best

What have they done with him? Challenger for the world title? No. Main event scene? No. Challenger for the TNT championship? No. Challenger for the international championship? No. Oh, wait, I know! He was a tag team champion. But, only to break up the team. You are also misunderstanding me. The guy is talented, but AEW has really not done much with him. WWE also had him in the wrong situation. The big issue with him is his ego. This guy thinks he’s the greatest thing since sliced bread and that type of mentality does not get you far.

Pro wrestling famously an industry where being humble and keeping your head down gets you to the top.

Lead Pipe Cinch
Mar 10, 2003

Heavy Metal Bakesale

Dimebags Brain posted:

Pro wrestling famously an industry where being humble and keeping your head down gets you to the top.

If anyone would know what it takes to make it in this business it’s former pro wrestler and aspiring body builder, The Demon.

cagliostr0
Jun 8, 2020

wicka posted:

CM Punk never paid for drugs. Not once.

He bought a z pack once, not even strong enough to stay straight edge

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Daniel Bryan
May 23, 2006

GOAT

Lead Pipe Cinch posted:

If anyone would know what it takes to make it in this business it’s former pro wrestler and aspiring body builder, The Demon.

Dale Torborg?