Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dimestore Merlin
Jul 14, 2007

Obey your Spider-Lord

CzarChasm posted:

See, I got the bullshit "Naan is for wet food" schtick from the guy serving and selling the food. "You don't eat naan with [whatever delicious food I was ordering]. The hell is wrong with you, white boy? Don't disrespect my food like that."

On the one hand, I want to be respectful of this other culture and that might mean doing things the "proper" way.

OTOH, gently caress you, I'm not asking for free food, or honestly, your opinion. I'm purchasing food you are offering for sale, and paying for it. You make and sell food, I pay for and eat food. That's where our relationship ends. If I want to take that naan home and fill it with chocolate ice cream, I can do that.

This is fantastic post/av synergy

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Virigoth
Apr 28, 2009

Corona rules everything around me
C.R.E.A.M. get the virus
In the ICU y'all......

I make naan in my Ooni pizza oven and add homemade garlic butter. AITA?

quantumwell
Jun 22, 2013

Cowslips Warren posted:

AITA for threating to leave GF for not rehoming therapy animal?

"It will only live a few more years". So will I but I can cover my housing and healthcare plus body disposal. Why is this guy involved with her ? She's just a giant money sink who will never work by the looks of it.

quantumwell
Jun 22, 2013

Virigoth posted:

Only if you add cheese & pepperoni.

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

Virigoth posted:

Can I assume you brought some for the rest of us?

Modal Auxiliary
Jan 14, 2005

quantumwell posted:

"It will only live a few more years". So will I but I can cover my housing and healthcare plus body disposal. Why is this guy involved with her ? She's just a giant money sink who will never work by the looks of it.

Horse people, dude.

DeeplyConcerned
Apr 29, 2008

I can fit 3 whole bud light cans now, ask me how!
Okay I just went on a mission to settle this debate once and for all. Chicken tikka masala a burger fries and an order of naan. The non was 1.95 plus tax. My initial take was that Opie was Penny Pinching. I stand by that assessment. At first I thought the op did have a point however because none is delicious when dipped and stuff however one thing I neglected to remember was that naan is delicious on its own. So that initial assessment was way off because there's no wrong way to eat naan.

So he's wrong and a cheap mfer.

FoolyCharged
Oct 11, 2012

Cheating at a raffle? I sentence you to 1 year in jail! No! Two years! Three! Four! Five years! Ah! Ah! Ah! Ah!
Somebody call for an ant?

And then there were naan

Fatty
Sep 13, 2004
Not really fat

Virigoth posted:

Depends, garlic butter, or garlic ghee?

(Both are awesome)

Virigoth
Apr 28, 2009

Corona rules everything around me
C.R.E.A.M. get the virus
In the ICU y'all......

Captain Hygiene posted:

Can I assume you brought some for the rest of us?

No you aren’t eating the right type of food, peasant. You need to dip it and your whole hand into the sauce trough to fully appreciate naan.

Ragnarok the Red
Jun 21, 2002

FoolyCharged posted:

And then there were naan

Another naan bites the dust

BrigadierSensible
Feb 16, 2012

I've got a pocket full of cheese🧀, and a garden full of trees🌴.

Biplane posted:

I would much rather keep talking about naan, to be honest.

Roti and Paratha are better than Naan.

And Dosa is better than both of them.

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

What's dosa?

DeeplyConcerned
Apr 29, 2008

BrigadierSensible posted:

Seems like different breads for different occasions. Of course that's not what the naan mafia thinks ... But those guys are bonnanos

snergle
Aug 3, 2013

A kind little mouse!

nothing whats dosa w/ you?

mllaneza
Apr 28, 2007

Veteran, Bermuda Triangle Expeditionary Force, 1993-1952

Cowslips Warren posted:

AITA for not disclosing information about my girlfriend’s family?

Joe not only can get hosed, but it sounds like he's going to.

SyNack Sassimov
May 4, 2006

Let the robot win.
            --Captain James T. Vader

dosa deez nuts

Beachcomber
May 21, 2007

Another day in paradise.

Slippery Tilde
Naan has been free with any order, not just set meals, for me in Pittsburgh, Madison WI, and the SF Bay Area.

Chewbecca
Feb 13, 2005

Just chillin' : )
The Indian near me is $4.50 AUD for plain naan and $5.50 for garlic naan (or whatever fancy ones).

While naan is not free, it is an expense which should be budgeted for, per person.

Naanmaste

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
Bone-in naan or boneless?

Cowslips Warren
Oct 29, 2005

What use had they for tricks and cunning, living in the enemy's warren and paying his price?

Grimey Drawer
The only thing more fascinating than this naan poo poo is a tipping derail.

AITA for telling our sitter that he broke our kid's heart by moving?

quote:

My wife and I have three kids and our youngest boy Logan, is 9 and is nonverbal autistic. We knew we needed help so we ended up hiring "Matty" when Logan was 5. Logan grew very very attached to him and the few times he did speak were to call out his name.

In May Matty said he was getting married and moving back to Colorado to go work for his dad. He left at the beginning of the month and since I work from home I decided to just take over whatever Matty did.

Logan is very aware that Matty is not there. He cries for him and goes around the house looking for him and calling his name. He is mourning.

Matty sent me a random text on Monday to see how Logan was doing. I sent him a video of Logan crying and calling for Matty. He asked if he could do a FaceTime with Logan and I said sure. Logan knew Matty was there but it wasn't the same. I spoke with Matty afterwards and said he broke Logan's heart by leaving. I wasn't lying. I could tell Matty was tearing up. I said but I knew you wouldn't stay forever and that's our problem.

My wife said I should apologize for being cold. I said he asked how Logan was doing and I told him the truth. There's nothing to apologize for. Plus he already quit.

AITA for telling my husband to consider another speciality?

quote:

My 30F and my husband 30M we have been together for 7 years and our top one rule is communication whenever i’m bothered by something we talk it out.

My husband is on his last year of medical school and i’ve been nothing but supportive to him, today i was talking with him regarding what speciality he wants to go into and he told me he wants OB/GYN i said oh okay and looked a little bit down.

To be honest i was annoyed when he said that so he noticed and asked me what’s wrong? I told him that it’s nothing but i don’t feel comfortable with the idea you’re going to work as an OB/GYN doctor, you will be examining females genitalias and if you love me you would consider another speciality but eventually i can’t do anything about it it’s your career eventually. He said that love me and i can’t make him choose between his work and me it’s unfair I told him it’s up to him i can’t do anything about it.

All i did here is expressed my concerns and it’s up to him what speciality he wants to go into i have zero authority. When i told my friend about the situation she called me abusive AH? Even though all i did was expressing my thoughts.

Cowslips Warren fucked around with this message at 00:37 on Aug 24, 2023

Fatkraken
Jun 23, 2005

Fun-time is over.
What is a naan? A miserable little pile of secrets. But enough talk… Have at you!

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
Don't send people videos of crying children for any reason, it says that on the plastic protector that comes on every new phone.

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

Cowslips Warren posted:

The only thing more fascinating than this naan poo poo is a tipping derail.

Reported for naan compliance

DeeplyConcerned
Apr 29, 2008

Yeah I'm sure being an OBGYN and looking at "female genitalia" all day is hot as hell. Especially when you're seeing people who are specifically coming to you because something is going wrong with their junk. Maybe the doc should go into general practitioning instead. Make a lot less money and soothe his wife's very very odd paranoia.

ibntumart
Mar 18, 2007

Good, bad. I'm the one with the power of Shu, Heru, Amon, Zehuti, Aton, and Mehen.
College Slice

BrigadierSensible posted:

Finally someone speaks truth in the midst of all this naansense! Few things more satisfying than aloo paratha or masala dosa.

In which an employer thinks that ADA rights only apply if the employee says the Special Magic Words

quote:

Let’s say this new employee, Brenda, made a habit of using up all of her revolving sick/vacation leave in any given month. When approached about it by her supervisor, she claimed it was due to a medical condition where she took time off for appointments and illness. According to Brenda, her direct supervisor made a big deal out of this and told her that it shows poor work ethic. Brenda then asked if she could telework during the days in which her medical condition disables her. Her supervisor told her that she would contact me to ask about teleworking.

I did not hear anything about Brenda possibly needing accommodations until I called her into a meeting along with her supervisor to discuss her time usage a few weeks later since it had not improved. At this meeting, Brenda explained to me that she did have medical issues she was using the time for. This is when her supervisor mentioned she had asked to telework certain days, and I denied this request in the meeting because I did not feel as though it was warranted without documentation. Brenda quit after this meeting, saying that we denied her medical accommodations.

We just had the remanded hearing and I argued that she should have submitted medical documentation supporting her need for accommodations. However, the referee asked me outright if I asked for documentation, to which I could not answer yes because I have never asked an employee for documentation. Her supervisor argued that Brenda never asked for medical accommodations nor did she ever say “ADA medical accommodations” when asking to telework, so we presumed she just didn’t want to come into the office; which is why her supervisor did not come to me in the first place.

How much of the burden falls on the employee to actually learn a company’s medical accom application process, and does she actually have a case since her medical accommodation request was not denied due to no actual request being made in the first place?

quote:

Her accommodation was due to “menstrual difficulties”. To which I told her that if we accommodated that for her, we would have to do that for every woman in the office. I didn’t know the extent of these menstrual issues until the hearing where she disclosed the medical records because again, she never submitted medical documents to me. Therefore, never having formally requested any medical accommodation for us to deny.

ibntumart fucked around with this message at 00:48 on Aug 24, 2023

Midnight Voyager
Jul 2, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

quote:

The idea that he will examining them disgust me and i feel like i lost all the attraction to him

I just can't be attracted to a guy who looks at vag.

oh jay
Oct 15, 2012

OBGYN
Yeast infection
Yeast
Bread
Naan

It's all connected.

Arsenic Lupin
Apr 12, 2012

This particularly rapid💨 unintelligible 😖patter💁 isn't generally heard🧏‍♂️, and if it is🤔, it doesn't matter💁.

Khanstant posted:

Restaurants that give out free chips and bread are weird on both ends. Filling up on bread and chips before your meal is a waste if you can't use the leftovers and it's a lot harder to upsell and sell dessert when folks are made less hungry just by showing up.
People who are chowing down on bread are less likely to complain to management that it's been ten minutes since the waiter took your drink order.

Virigoth posted:

You are if you don't link to the recipe.

DeeplyConcerned
Apr 29, 2008

oh jay posted:

OBGYN
Yeast infection
Yeast
Bread
Naan

It's all connected.

Why are you so paranoid mulder?

FoolyCharged
Oct 11, 2012

Cheating at a raffle? I sentence you to 1 year in jail! No! Two years! Three! Four! Five years! Ah! Ah! Ah! Ah!
Somebody call for an ant?

Cowslips Warren posted:

AITA for telling my husband to consider another speciality?

Hahaha hahaha! She thinks he's only going to see good looking ones and be wanking it to them. Oh, that poor sweet summer child. He's gonna see coochies so virulantly nasty that he'll never want to have sex again.

StrangersInTheNight
Dec 31, 2007
ABSOLUTE FUCKING GUDGEON
in honor of this thread, tonight i shall bake a mountain of naan, and make love to it. for truly, there is no wrong way to enjoy naan.

digitalist
Nov 17, 2000

journey into Kirk's unknown

Fatkraken posted:

What is a naan? A miserable little pile of secrets. But enough talk… Have at you!

Mind your naanners!

the holy poopacy
May 16, 2009

hey! check this out
Fun Shoe

StrangersInTheNight posted:

in honor of this thread, tonight i shall bake a mountain of naan, and make love to it. for truly, there is no wrong way to enjoy naan.

cooked well done, with ketchup

Batterypowered7
Aug 8, 2009

The mist that chills you keeps me warm.

StrangersInTheNight posted:

You better find someone with a yeast inspection to help out so you can keep it truly topical.

duck trucker
Oct 14, 2017

YOSPOS

Khanstant posted:

Restaurants that give out free chips and bread are weird on both ends. Filling up on bread and chips before your meal is a waste if you can't use the leftovers and it's a lot harder to upsell and sell dessert when folks are made less hungry just by showing up.

Yeah but free bread or chips kicks rear end

BIG FLUFFY DOG
Feb 16, 2011

On the internet, nobody knows you're a dog.

duck trucker posted:

Yeah but free bread or chips kicks rear end

Imagining the mind that gets unlimited free breadsticks at Olive Garden and immediately begins thinking about how this must affect their dessert selling capabilities negatively.

MBA poisoning

oh jay
Oct 15, 2012

If Olive Garden offered free bread discs (naan) instead of bread sticks, world peace could be achieved.

artsy fartsy
May 10, 2014

You'll be ahead instead of behind. Hello!
Everyone please shut up, the last Indian food restaurant in my area shut down a few years ago and now there's no nearby naan

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Doc Hawkins
Jun 15, 2010

Dashing? But I'm not even moving!

gaze not into the puss...