Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Creepy little garbage eaters

Yvonmukluk posted:

Bad Machinery

Oh Camille, you hosed up but good. Claire's gonna go burn your house down.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hippocrass
Aug 18, 2015

That third panel of the first comic just makes it. It's still funny if you remove it, but that panel included just makes it top tier.
Krazy Kat(September 23, 1917) Timged because, you know.

1: 'Krazy' and 'Ignatz adress each other. 'Ignatz': 'Hello Ignatz.' 'Krazy': 'Hello Krazy.'

2: 'Ignatz': 'Have you heard the strange tale they tell of you and me, Ignatz?' 'Krazy': 'I have, Krazy, and I must say it's a great slander to me.'

3: 'Ignatz': 'They say that while we was sleeping your spirit got into me, and my spirit got into you.' 'Krazy': '[i]Yes, and that now you're me, and I'm you.,'

4:'Ignatz': '[i]Shux, it's ridickalus, because if that was so I'd be a mouse and you'd be a kat, wouldn't you?[i]' 'Krazy': '[i]Sure, but as you're a kat and I'm a mouse, I must say they're all just trying to spoof us a bit.
'

5: They yawn

6: They sleep

7: Their spirits rise from their bodies. : "Sleep releases the incorporeal self, and as we can easily see, two immaterial forms pass quietly out into the night."

8: Spirit Ignatz throws a spirit brick ant spirit Krazy. : "And a ghostly brick is tossed from one to the other."

9: The spirits descend into their correct bodies. : "And when the sun's first shaft of light rends the veil of night the spiritual midnight frolic ceases, and each seeks once more it's corporeal abode."

The bottom half of this comic is completely useless and should just be ignored. Thankfully, this story is now over, and hopefully it'll be a while before we see Mock Duck quite so much.

Little Nemo(February 17, 1907)

gently caress you Flip.

Zereth
Jul 9, 2003

Medenmath posted:

Vintage Valiant (Nov. 23, 1958)

What the gently caress is the king wearing??

Safety Dance
Sep 10, 2007

Five degrees to starboard!

Kammat posted:

y'all are responsible for any therapy bills after this.

I don't know which one of us is lucky in this case.

CzarChasm
Mar 14, 2009

I don't like it when you're watching me eat.

Haifisch posted:

Legends in the Heights

NGL, CourtNight is pretty good. Might be better if the judge looked like Harry and the Bailiff looked like Bull, but I'll take it.

Zereth posted:

It's doing something for someone. But yeah, hanging your horn off of your nipple plate rather than slung over your shoulder sure is a choice.

Giant Ethicist
Jun 9, 2013

Looks like she got on a loaf of bread instead of a bus again...
Haraiso Days

Bardiche Hotel

Schwarzwald
Jul 27, 2004

Don't Blink

Zereth posted:

its called "drip" son

Safety Dance
Sep 10, 2007

Five degrees to starboard!

YES, I love these two egg perverts!

Murdstone
Jun 14, 2005

I'm feeling Jimmy

F MInus

Mark Trail

Mary Worth

The Phantom

Pooch Cafe

Rex Morgan MD

Andertoons

Apartment 3-G

Kazinsal
Dec 13, 2011
Scary Go Round (October 1-4, 2002)

catlord
Mar 22, 2009

What's on your mind, Axa?

Giant Ethicist posted:

Bardiche Hotel

You know, I'd love to see a Q-Rais-illustrated RPG adventure. This panel in particular:

for whatever reason makes me think of the art from an Old-School Essentials adventure.

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Weaving Merry Christmas magic

Murdstone posted:

The Phantom

:blastu: "Should we... y'know... do something?"
:black101: ":shrug:"

Darthemed
Oct 28, 2007

"A data unit?
For me?
"

College Slice
Retail

Popcom

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold

Murdstone posted:

The Phantom

gently caress YOU

Selachian
Oct 9, 2012

Pogo 4/19-21/51

Archmas 12/22-24/47

manero
Jan 30, 2006

Kammat posted:

thank you for taking one for the team :patriot:

F_Shit_Fitzgerald
Feb 2, 2017

We've been doing this one night in the fascist camp for...what - a month or two now?

e: Probably obvious but just in case it's not, this post is not directed to Murdstone.

F_Shit_Fitzgerald fucked around with this message at 01:49 on Aug 24, 2023

hexwren
Feb 27, 2008

can't wait to hear how stupid gunther's bullshit is going to be this time

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.

Kennel posted:

:siren: :siren: I'll be in the UK until next Tuesday, so I'm asking someone to post Mandrake during that time :siren: :siren:

If you want to post Nancy (or I can catch up afterwards since they won't disappear) and Dustin (nobody's going to miss that), be my guest.

I will take up the cause until further notice.

Nancy

Dustin

Mandrake

...I don't know why my comics are significantly larger than Kennel's!

Vox Valentine
May 31, 2013

Solving all of life's problems through enhanced casting of Occam's Razor. Reward yourself with an imaginary chalice.

Have You Considered Introspection And Counseling

EasyEW
Mar 8, 2006

I've got my father's great big six-shooter with me 'n' if anybody in this woods wants to start somethin' just let 'em--but they DASSN'T.
Our Boarding House, in which the true power of the household gets to work. (June 19-21, 1924)

Toonerville Folks (August 22-24, 1921)

Dok's Dippy Long Black Limousine (November 18, 1914)

Little Lefty (January 5-7, 1939)

Green Intern
Dec 29, 2008

Loon, Crazy and Laughable

Don't look so smug if it took you a the whole sandwich-making time to come up with that dig.

Professor Wayne
Aug 27, 2008

So, Harvey, what became of the giant penny?

They actually let him keep it.
Pickles

Hagar the Horrible

Zits

Vargo
Dec 27, 2008

'Cuz it's KILLIN' ME!
lliterally what the gently caress is Mark Trail talking about, why is there a wildebeest bribe in this story

Breaking Cat News

Phoebe and Her Unicorn

Wallace the Brave

Heart of the City

Curtis

Darthemed
Oct 28, 2007

"A data unit?
For me?
"

College Slice

PainterofCrap
Oct 17, 2002

hey bebe

Zereth posted:

I'm guessing some kind of falconing training rig.

I'll take nipple shields over a falcon's talons right up the duct, TYVM

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

LvK
Feb 27, 2006

FIVE STARS!!

exactly where my brain went too, thank you for taking this shameful burden

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

Vargo posted:

Phoebe and Her Unicorn

elemontal

Strontium
Aug 28, 2009

Dexter didn't much care for the party.
Daddy Daze

Take It From The Tinkersons

Macanudo

Dark Side Of The Horse

Legend of Bill

davidspackage
May 16, 2007

Nap Ghost

Malachite_Dragon posted:

:blastu: "Should we... y'know... do something?"
:black101: ":shrug:"

I love how a quick glance at the comic makes it seem like Savarna's standing with a hand on her hip. "Why is he just standing there, bleeding?"

It's amazing that a professional storyteller thought this neverending nightmare was something readers would enjoy.

riderchop
Aug 10, 2010

av by @daikonquest!
Heathcliff

Compu-toon

Garfield

Overboard

Monty

For Better or For Worse

Classic Arlo and Janis (September 20, 2001)

Rae The Doe, which you can support by pledging to the author's Patreon

On The Fastrack

Safe Havens

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Your life and your quest end here.

F_Shit_Fitzgerald posted:

We've been doing this one night in the fascist camp for...what - a month or two now?
It's been a lot longer than that. Dungeons Undone, the current substory within the larger story of the Phantom rescuing Savarna from Gravelines, began on the 13th of February this year. The Phantom first learned Savarna was a prisoner and decided to go rescue her, and Mozz saw his vision of the future, in To Wrack and Ruin in Gravelines, which began back in May of 2021. Everything since then has been about the Phantom rescuing Savarna from Gravelines or Mozz warning him not to. But you could trace it all the way back to Then Came Towns Ellerbee, in which the Phantom rescued a different prisoner from Gravelines and we first learned that Savarna was there in February of 2021 (although the Phantom was unaware of that fact at the time). There was just a short intermission (Hello the Himalayas) between that story and the beginning of To Wrack and Ruin in Gravelines in which Heloise wrote (but did not send) a letter to her brother. It was foreshadowed even earlier though, in The Llongo Forest in which the Phantom visits "the woods that make men mad" and sees a vision of his own death, which is later confirmed as accurate by Mozz's prophecy. Never let it be said that Tony DePaul does not plan his stories out well in advance or keep track of continuity from one to the next.

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

When I want to relax, I read an essay by Engels. When I want something more serious, I read Corto Maltese.

Haifisch posted:

Legends in the Heights

Courtnight looks like something from that webcomic with people kicking down doors all the time.

I'm also glad that it seemed that A+J didn't tackle 9/11.

Medenmath
Jan 18, 2003

Kammat posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5L07t8yd_a4 :v:

catlord posted:

You know, I'd love to see a Q-Rais-illustrated RPG adventure. This panel in particular:

for whatever reason makes me think of the art from an Old-School Essentials adventure.

Some kind of choose your own adventure visual novel is what I'm imagining. I really love Q-rais' art, it's very charming.

Vintage Valiant (Nov. 30, 1958)

Medenmath fucked around with this message at 11:58 on Aug 24, 2023

Selachian
Oct 9, 2012

Rhymes with Orange

Get Fuzzy 8/23/03

Brenda Starr 7/26-28/51

Smokey Stover 6/3/56

Everyday Movies 9/16/36

"We're not playing gangsters, ma. We're playing nice -- we're playing electric chair."

Invisible Scarlet O'Neil 1/22-24/42

manero
Jan 30, 2006

Nancy 1943

Pluggers

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Your life and your quest end here.

Professor Wayne
Aug 27, 2008

So, Harvey, what became of the giant penny?

They actually let him keep it.
Pickles

Hagar the Horrible

Zits

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

A country where you can always get richer.

Professor Wayne posted:

Hagar the Horrible

Hagar! No! In your time salt was hard to produce and incredibly valuable!
e: no comment on the existence of refined sugar, ground pepper, or helmets with horns on