Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: Buck Wildman)

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY
Kado Thorne has been revealed.

The mythic ray gun is also coming back.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lostconfused
Oct 1, 2008

Going to fire up an emulator and play some ACE3 before AC6.

Jon Irenicus
Apr 23, 2008

YO ASSHOLE

Mr Hootington posted:

can't wait to see all the memes about Kado

damn horror queefs
Oct 14, 2005

say hello
say hello to the man in the elevator
1. Kado needs to be louder, angrier, and have access to a slime machine.

2. Whenever kado isn't on screen, all the other characters should be asking, "where's kado?"

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:

silentsnack posted:

rock climbing simulator, but octodad control scheme

taking a bunch of benzos and playing the climb in vr

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

Mr Hootington posted:

do they actually make those muscle man tops with just the sleeves or is that just for video games

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy
they're just regular sleeve tops worn by a man, op

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

Truga posted:

they're just regular sleeve tops worn by a man, op

nvm its a full length coat its just the sides are the same color as his chest in sepia

Mr. Sharps
Jul 30, 2006

The only true law is that which leads to freedom. There is no other.

Al! posted:

do they actually make those muscle man tops with just the sleeves or is that just for video games

the milk machine
Jul 23, 2002

lick my keys

Al! posted:

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

big ff10 energy from these fits

Fitzy Fitz
May 14, 2005

Al! posted:

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

big ff10-2 energy

Mr. Sharps
Jul 30, 2006

The only true law is that which leads to freedom. There is no other.

a fantasy so nice they made it twice

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

ffx2 is possibly the worst one in the entire franchise

incredible considering that ffx is the second best

Lib and let die
Aug 26, 2004

triple sulk posted:

Final fantasy pretty princess dress up simulator owned, actually

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Truga posted:

it's funny because denuvo is gonna net them another what, 10 sales? at the cost of iirc 10% revenue over the first quarter or some equally outrageous price

they just launched 70$ price point with totk

damn horror queefs
Oct 14, 2005

say hello
say hello to the man in the elevator

triple sulk posted:

Hiding the true ending behind 100%ing the game, including a very rng-heavy minigame card tournament, certainly was a choice

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

the milk machine posted:

all I know is the newest mario golf is poo poo trash that belongs in the dumpster, worse in every way than the gamecube mario golf. gently caress u nintendo

almost every mario athletic spin off was better on gamecube than since. i stopped even considering them for switch vs my pile of dolphin roms.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Cuttlefush posted:

you might be able to res scroll him :v

you can usually do this with any character and it works

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

MeatwadIsGod posted:

This. Street Fighter 6 is gonna be my only fighting game until Tekken 8 probably, but I enjoy their story modes for how dumb they are. Cool that they made Shujinko a cameo fighter because I figured they'd just draw a curtain over those PS2 games since most people didn't like them.

yeah for a while i was buying every fg and its too much effort to follow and care about them all im just gonna play sf6 like its the only game around for as long as i can and see how it goes.

sorry to triple post

Lostconfused
Oct 1, 2008

Buying fighting games is cool to support the genre or the community.

But nobody plays every fighting game out there. Except for the professional players who try to make as much money as they can in the wave of popularity after the release before moving on to the next game.

A normal person just plays the one game they like, or the game all of their friends or local community plays.

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry
Fighting Games and Turn-based Strategy games are the two genres I've just never gotten into for some reason. i guess everyone has their blind spot of video games.

sure I've played some Clay Fighters Genesis, Tekken 2/3 and Soul Calibur GCN, but that was the last time. I couldn't get into XCOM n Paradox games et al when those were alll the rage either.

speaking of which, they should make a modern Clay Fighter

Lostconfused
Oct 1, 2008

Gotta say, the Pathfinder game isn't that hard unless you're a masochist playing on a difficulty higher than normal.

Like yeah on Core it's kind of a pain in the rear end, but you've already decided to do that poo poo to your self. Need to take some responsibility and hold that L.

Chard
Aug 24, 2010

its a crime against me, specifically, that ac6 has not been released yet

the milk machine
Jul 23, 2002

lick my keys

Real hurthling! posted:

almost every mario athletic spin off was better on gamecube than since. i stopped even considering them for switch vs my pile of dolphin roms.

im gonna say it:

the game cube was the best console

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 7 minutes!
Is there any way to make BG3 use Steam cloud saves instead of Larian ones, asking because the Larian cloud saves suck poo poo and are basically always broken

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 7 minutes!
Also Karlach owns and I'm glad Wyll was so easy to convince not to kill her to his own extreme detriment :)

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

I am Metango, Galactic Governor

loquacius posted:

Is there any way to make BG3 use Steam cloud saves instead of Larian ones, asking because the Larian cloud saves suck poo poo and are basically always broken

when I mouse over my saves it says it's backed up to steam. maybe log out of your larian account if you're using that

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.
Vampire Survivor owns on switch.

Whirling
Feb 23, 2023

Finished Silent Hill 3. Pretty good, but I think I liked 2 better. 2 distributes its scary parts much more evenly, while 3 has a stretch of places that aren't all that spooky (the parts between the mall and Heather's house) and then some great sections (the hospital, the amusement park, and the church) at the end.

Lostconfused
Oct 1, 2008

God drat the first act in Wrath of the Righteous is so ridiculously long. I think I forgot at least 2 or three zones in it.

Halser
Aug 24, 2016

Lostconfused posted:

Shadows of Amn has a better menu theme than 3.

Baldur's Gate 3's OST sounds too much like Divinity OS2 to me. It's not bad, but it's so similar that my memories actually meld together. I think the only track that stood out as unique compared to the other Larian games is Twisted Force. Which is an absolute banger.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MW1bBywTExU

the milk machine
Jul 23, 2002

lick my keys

loquacius posted:

Buck Wildman posted:

when I mouse over my saves it says it's backed up to steam. maybe log out of your larian account if you're using that

yeah i clicked skip or whatever instead of making an account and my saves are on steam

RandolphCarter
Jul 30, 2005

it took 90 hours but I finally fought a dragon in my dungeons and dragons video game

Halser
Aug 24, 2016

RandolphCarter posted:

it took 90 hours but I finally fought a dragon in my dungeons and dragons video game

I didn't, I just used my unreasonable speed to skip past that

all my friends focused him down and then I killed the fun by skipping to the next part of the fight lol

Lostconfused
Oct 1, 2008

Halser posted:

Baldur's Gate 3's OST sounds too much like Divinity OS2 to me. It's not bad, but it's so similar that my memories actually meld together. I think the only track that stood out as unique compared to the other Larian games is Twisted Force. Which is an absolute banger.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MW1bBywTExU

That's kind of funny because almost all of Baldur's Gate 3 music sounds like that and they only split into two types the ones with vocals and ones without https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OMeK3A1Fo6U

RandolphCarter
Jul 30, 2005

Halser posted:

I didn't, I just used my unreasonable speed to skip past that

all my friends focused him down and then I killed the fun by skipping to the next part of the fight lol

there must be another dragon fight because I don’t see how you would skip the one I fought

Halser
Aug 24, 2016

RandolphCarter posted:

there must be another dragon fight because I don’t see how you would skip the one I fought

accidentally spoiling each other through trying to not spoil anything, good stuff

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

turn off the TV
Aug 4, 2010

moderately annoying

Lostconfused posted:

God drat the first act in Wrath of the Righteous is so ridiculously long. I think I forgot at least 2 or three zones in it.

i really like wotr's first act for just immediately and clearly establishing the primary antagonists and conflict and then having almost the entire game revolve around them.

bg3 feels so meandering and aimless in comparison