Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: weg, Toxic Mental)

GundamHealer
Jul 23, 2022

Just “dropping in” to say this

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aug 24, 2023

EasilyConfused
Nov 21, 2009

one strong toad

HisMajestyBOB posted:

Americans handle traitors by conducting years long investigations, carefully collecting evidence and presenting it to a grand jury, indicating the traitors, and running a months long trial involving a dozen witnesses and costing millions of dollars.

The Russians used a missile.

:hmmyes:

Nelson Mandingo
Mar 27, 2005

GundamHealer posted:

Just “dropping in” to say this

I'm already soaked in piss and tears from the bloodlust in this thread and now you post this. I'm wailing. Absolute meltdown.

GundamHealer
Jul 23, 2022

Nelson Mandingo posted:

I'm already soaked in piss and tears from the bloodlust in this thread and now you post this. I'm wailing. Absolute meltdown shootdown.

Nelson Mandingo
Mar 27, 2005

LEAVE RUSSIA ALONE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

hazardousmouse
Dec 17, 2010

I was curious, would this aircraft even have had lock-on detection?

the holy poopacy
May 16, 2009

hey! check this out
Fun Shoe

hazardousmouse posted:

Yeah, when you hear a loud boom and a whooshing noise it means a missile has locked on.

EatMySpork
Nov 19, 2009

Utensil of the Gods.

hazardousmouse posted:

No, and even if it did there would be little they could do except drop some flares or some poo poo if they had them.

Shumagorath
Jun 6, 2001

82323 posted:

*kills "notorious billionaire russian mercenary leader" 18 months before global war begins*
Whose re-reg, etc

Placebo-X
Oct 28, 2007
lol Prigozhin got Girkined lmao

shadow puppet of a
Jan 10, 2007

NO TENGO SCORPIO

EatMySpork posted:

No, and even if it did there would be little they could do except drop some flares or some poo poo if they had them.

They could have turned on the in-galley espresso machine in the hopes the hissing noise and high temperature crema would throw off the missiles non-existent milk foam and crema seeking hardware.

The next assasination should be someone handing some monster a brass tchotchke bust of Utkin. Lets start getting recursive and self-referential with it.

rowkey bilbao
Jul 24, 2023
A plane is mostly made of windows going really high, scary stuff.

Toxic Mental
Jun 1, 2019

I genuinely thought he'd be dead in less than a week after the rolling thunder mutiny. Maybe Putin decided to do him a solid and give him a few extra months of life.

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug

Toxic Mental posted:

I genuinely thought he'd be dead in less than a week after the rolling thunder mutiny. Maybe Putin decided to do him a solid and give him a few extra months of life.

Same, it took a while but ended as predicted

whiskas
May 30, 2005
Taken 12 years ago, they were the bestest of buds. Feeding him special foods to fuel that monkey brain

The moral of the story is, be careful if you feed your friends, they might shoot down your private jet with anti-aircraft missiles in the future.

RDM
Apr 6, 2009

I LOVE FINLAND AND ESPECIALLY FINLAND'S MILITARY ALLIANCES, GOOGLE FINLAND WORLD WAR 2 FOR MORE INFORMATION SLAVA UKRANI
I watch a lot of CSI that man was frozen like a popsicle and put on the plane as a red herring you can't fool me

Cugel the Clever
Apr 5, 2009
I LOVE AMERICA AND CAPITALISM DESPITE BEING POOR AS FUCK. I WILL NEVER RETIRE BUT HERE'S ANOTHER 200$ FOR UKRAINE, SLAVA
What would be really funny is if the shootdown weren't at Putin's command and this is actually a symptom of factional infighting rising to a whole new level.

Bondematt
Jan 26, 2007

Not too stupid

Cugel the Clever posted:

What would be really funny is if the shootdown weren't at Putin's command and this is actually a symptom of factional infighting rising to a whole new level.

Girkin sends his regards

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

When I want to relax, I read an essay by Engels. When I want something more serious, I read Corto Maltese.

Biggest example of leopard-face-eating syndrome this year, I reckon.

WAR CRIME GIGOLO
Oct 3, 2012

The Hague
tryna get me
for these glutes

A second Prigohzin plane landed basically minutes after the first one was shot down.

Now your question becomes.

8 bodies, 10 passengers.

I'm really not one for conspiracy theories but I have that beaming feeling on my brain that prigohzin could still be alive.

I mean he was on the passenger list of the plane. Prigohzin is smart enough to know how security works. And uses disguises. The man is a smart Nazi, so could he have filled a plane up with bodies put the wagner leadership on the planes manifest to try and martyr himself and spark another coup.

Now, most likely Putin just did prigohzin in and lukashenko knew and shut down internet access right after the plane was blown up. I'm not going to building 7 this for years. But it's worth thinking about until we have confirmation of Wagner's actions

Russia is putting rosgvardia forces in rostov Don on high alert and mustering.

I mean gently caress man we won't know for a while. But Jesus what a wild wild wild story to be following.

the popes toes
Oct 10, 2004

Cugel the Clever posted:

This is my hope, and it leads to the army just loving off in disgust at the waste

HonorableTB
Dec 22, 2006

WAR CRIME GIGOLO
Oct 3, 2012

The Hague
tryna get me
for these glutes

The US used a super sonic hyper missile to destroy prigohzins plane and frame Putin.

WAR CRIME GIGOLO
Oct 3, 2012

The Hague
tryna get me
for these glutes

Bahahahah

rowkey bilbao
Jul 24, 2023

WAR CRIME GIGOLO posted:

And uses disguises.

"Don't worry bro I'm gonna wig it"

- priggo, probably

Stubear St. Pierre
Feb 22, 2006

WAR CRIME GIGOLO posted:

A second Prigohzin plane landed basically minutes after the first one was shot down.

Now your question becomes.

8 bodies, 10 passengers.

I'm really not one for conspiracy theories but I have that beaming feeling on my brain that prigohzin could still be alive.

I mean he was on the passenger list of the plane. Prigohzin is smart enough to know how security works. And uses disguises. The man is a smart Nazi, so could he have filled a plane up with bodies put the wagner leadership on the planes manifest to try and martyr himself and spark another coup.

Now, most likely Putin just did prigohzin in and lukashenko knew and shut down internet access right after the plane was blown up. I'm not going to building 7 this for years. But it's worth thinking about until we have confirmation of Wagner's actions

Russia is putting rosgvardia forces in rostov Don on high alert and mustering.

I mean gently caress man we won't know for a while. But Jesus what a wild wild wild story to be following.

It'd be a good plot twist but I would imagine they were going by more than just the flight plan to verify he was on it

Even better plot twist would be Putin and Prigozhin planned it together so Putin didn't lose face and Prig could make a clean break by selling out his friends and faking his own death

frumpykvetchbot
Feb 20, 2004

PROGRESSIVE SCAN
Upset Trowel

whiskas posted:

Taken 12 years ago, they were the bestest of buds. Feeding him special foods to fuel that monkey brain

Only registered members can see post attachments!

the popes toes
Oct 10, 2004

I can't credit it. Not this source.

But there's a certain Russian history of soldiers returning to the capitol to "restore peace".

https://twitter.com/KyivIndependent/status/1694524481409061041

Comstar
Apr 20, 2007

Are you happy now?
What I find interesting is the US loudly told all nationals to leave Belarus…. 2 days ago.

They knew.

tiaz
Jul 1, 2004

PICK UP THAT PRESENT.

Zelensky's Zealots

mackensie posted:

This guy is waiting in the wings to take over

a banana clip AR15 pattern ... a shameful rifle

BrassRoots posted:

I've been drinking all this blood, but my thirst has not quenched. How much blood does the blood God drink if the blood God does drink blood?

M O R E

Stubear St. Pierre
Feb 22, 2006

Comstar posted:

What I find interesting is the US loudly told all nationals to leave Belarus…. 2 days ago.

They knew.

In fairness, they also knew about 9/11

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Jet Fuel Can't Melt Steel Balls

WAR CRIME GIGOLO
Oct 3, 2012

The Hague
tryna get me
for these glutes

Comstar posted:

They knew.

Yes I mean they have poo poo loads of surveillance of all Russian cells networks etc.

The comedy comedy universe option: the US warned prigohzin to help him coup Russia.

HonorableTB
Dec 22, 2006
lmfao the US knew prigozhin was gonna get aced

lmfao mroe that biden was like "uh, duh?" when asked lmao

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Deepfake Adam Biden saying, yeah, RIP

Aperture Priority
May 4, 2009

~~*~~Is Dream~~*~~
:coolfish::3::coolfish:

What the actual poo poo am I watching?

ROJO
Jan 14, 2006

Oven Wrangler

Aperture Priority posted:

The best scene from the nineties action movie Executive Decision

Aramis
Sep 22, 2009

Aperture Priority posted:

Steven Seagal's character getting unceremoniously killed right at the start of a movie.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Were spoiling literally the only reason anyone remembers the film Executive Decision and why its poster/box art is a direct counterpoint to people complaining films give away all their twists