Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Nuevo
May 23, 2006

:eyepop::shittypop::eyepop::shittypop::eyepop::shittypop::eyepop::shittypop::eyepop::shittypop::eyepop::shittypop::eyepop::shittypop::eyepop::shittypop:
Fun Shoe

sleepy.eyes posted:

Other people are pissing me off because I'm in a Mazda 3 and I can't see poo poo at unprotected lefts. All the SUVs and brotrucks make me nervous when I can't see the other lane.

I've actually had a handful of brotrucks purposely stay far enough back that I could see around their nose and I was all :aaaaa:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Deeters
Aug 21, 2007

Entropist posted:

Yeah, try driving in Europe. Every tiny up themselves shithole town requires their own custom toll pass and mandatory environmental sticker. You'd expect this kind of freedom more in the US but apparently not!

The fun part of this part of the US is that EZ Pass is a separate company in each state, but the passes all work in every state. So that guy is in theory paying every toll 4 times when he rolls through.

trevorreznik
Apr 22, 2023

sleepy.eyes posted:

Other people are pissing me off because I'm in a Mazda 3 and I can't see poo poo at unprotected lefts. All the SUVs and brotrucks make me nervous when I can't see the other lane.

In 2005, I crashed a 94 Buick skylark into the side of a brand new mustang due to that. 4 lane road, 30 mph, both myself and an oncoming SUV were trying to turn left across traffic. Couldnt see anything, waited for a bit, and finally went at exactly the wrong time as the mustang came flying around and I hit them in the driver side door and bent their frame. Still feel bad about it

OBAMNA PHONE
Aug 7, 2002
cant believe the idiotsincars subreddit simply shut itself down over the whole api fiasco

where am i gonna get my fix of bad driving and even worse commentary now (dont say youtube)

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

OBAMNA PHONE posted:

cant believe the idiotsincars subreddit simply shut itself down over the whole api fiasco

where am i gonna get my fix of bad driving and even worse commentary now (dont say youtube)

Any main street.

Theris
Oct 9, 2007

sleepy.eyes posted:

The best part is that they always seem to have their passenger side tires all the way over on the white line to maximize how much of your vision they're blocking. Doesn't bother them because they can just see over you, but you can't see poo poo. The rare occasions when they pull as far left as possible/up against the median so you can actually see a bit are nice.

cursedshitbox
May 20, 2012

Your rear-end wont survive my hammering.

Fun Shoe

OBAMNA PHONE posted:

America

Phanatic
Mar 13, 2007

Please don't forget that I am an extremely racist idiot who also has terrible opinions about the Culture series.
Well, that's a first from me. Walking through a parking lot today, lady has parked her car almost but not quite within the lines of a space. She's not even egregiously outside the lines, there's plenty of room between her and the next car, it's just a sloppy job. She's out of her car, looking at it, as I approach she asks "Do you think I'm all right?"

I say, yeah, you're fine, but I warn her that they've really tightened up parking enforcement later and she should feed the meter. She says "I'm just going in and out, I'm not gonna do that." I say okay, but it's a 20 dollar ticket. She thinks about this for a second and says "Okay, but in that case can you do me a favor?" and I expect her to ask me for a quarter, but instead she *holds at her keys and asks me to park her car.*

I declined.

NoWake
Dec 28, 2008

College Slice

Phanatic posted:

I declined.

Must be nice to just be able to turn down 19 bucks :(

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT

NoWake posted:

Must be nice to just be able to turn down 19 bucks :(

OBAMNA PHONE
Aug 7, 2002
https://www.reddit.com/r/ThisIsButter/comments/15c4muh/dallas_pd_bodycam_shows_an_officer_shoot_wound_a/

holy poo poo, watch this but especially the amazing luck of this piece of poo poo at 6:40 mark

Flint Ironstag
Apr 2, 2004

Bob Johnson...oh, wait

OBAMNA PHONE posted:

https://www.reddit.com/r/ThisIsButter/comments/15c4muh/dallas_pd_bodycam_shows_an_officer_shoot_wound_a/

holy poo poo, watch this but especially the amazing luck of this piece of poo poo at 6:40 mark

You mentioned luck, yet I still puckered up at that point. That clown needs to never see the light of day again.

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

:h:

https://twitter.com/WaverleyBC/status/1686331182135271424?t=Pn4pYoIPwHwQ-zmOEapi8A&s=19

slidebite
Nov 6, 2005

Good egg
:colbert:

Deleted. What was it?

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

It was a Range Rover driver deciding they didn't want to wait until the garbage truck moved. So they mounted the kerb, drove for 6 feet and tumbled onto their side into a ditch while the guy at the back of the truck looks at them like they're dumb. Amusing video, hopefully someone has a copy saved.

*edit: here you go kids

https://twitter.com/ohgodwhatdoiput/status/1686763211964456960?t=vwiVhyIaDp0Q87TOPQuqYA&s=19

Olympic Mathlete fucked around with this message at 16:38 on Aug 2, 2023

Fifty Three
Oct 29, 2007

Can't park there, mate.

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT

OBAMNA PHONE posted:

I ain't getting a reddit account lmao

Brut
Aug 21, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 12 days!

Wasabi the J posted:

lol, Reddit doesn't even force email verification (optional if you want account recovery), just make a throwaway account.

Buuuut for stubborn goons out there, here's a mirror
https://streamable.com/hibcac (this will take a few minutes to process if you're looking at this right after I posted it's probably not ready yet)

Edit: Wait, the original link completely accessible in incognito (that is, logged out) both in modern interface and old reddit (see above post) so...uh, what?

Brut fucked around with this message at 08:45 on Aug 4, 2023

Tex Avery
Feb 13, 2012
I can only imagine the rear end whooping that driver would have gotten if he'd actually made contact with the bus. Some of those bus operators have a ton of pent up rage and are looking for a good reason to kick the poo poo out of someone.

televiper
Feb 12, 2007

OBAMNA PHONE posted:

Wasabi the J posted:

replace the “www” with “old” (no joke)

OBAMNA PHONE
Aug 7, 2002
https://www.reddit.com/r/IdiotsInCars/comments/15r620x/impatient_idiot_overtakes_and_crashes_oc/

idiotsincars is back but driver hubris never left

Nuevo
May 23, 2006

:eyepop::shittypop::eyepop::shittypop::eyepop::shittypop::eyepop::shittypop::eyepop::shittypop::eyepop::shittypop::eyepop::shittypop::eyepop::shittypop:
Fun Shoe

The matter-of-fact statement at the end makes this :allears:

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

Electronics on this car working overtime

https://twitter.com/fivestar/status/1693057755597185106?t=0ubfkyJTHICTcLT7bM1UqA&s=19

SlowBloke
Aug 14, 2017

How pleasantly would US law enforcement engage a motorist driving with a balaclava? Shoot on sight?

OBAMNA PHONE
Aug 7, 2002
there's a bunch of these kinds of assholes live streaming their bullshit driving in nyc nowadays

really wish the cops would (redacted) them

Motronic
Nov 6, 2009

OBAMNA PHONE posted:

there's a bunch of these kinds of assholes live streaming their bullshit driving in nyc nowadays

I don't understand what this is.....this person is, outside of being dangerous and terrible for doing it on a road, an actually terrible driver. Like, their technique is absolute trash.

slidebite
Nov 6, 2005

Good egg

probably the best outcome possible, all things considered.

HAIL eSATA-n
Apr 7, 2007

OBAMNA PHONE posted:

really wish the cops would (redacted) them

have you seen how cops drive

or how they interact with people

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS
https://v.redd.it/w7lg6ffnc5jb1/DASH_360.mp4

Imperador do Brasil
Nov 18, 2005
Rotor-rific

I watched this on mute but I imagine the sound was “BOING!”

Utterly amazing how the Tahoe driver didn’t even react before the impact. The rig is an rear end in a top hat, yes, but the situational awareness on the Tahoe driver is below zero.

opengl
Sep 16, 2010

Imperador do Brasil posted:

Utterly amazing how the Tahoe driver didn’t even react before the impact. The rig is an rear end in a top hat, yes, but the situational awareness on the Tahoe driver is below zero.

Look, my instagram feed isn't gonna scroll itself

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT

Motronic posted:

I don't understand what this is.....this person is, outside of being dangerous and terrible for doing it on a road, an actually terrible driver. Like, their technique is absolute trash.

There is a minor resurgence of "runner" videos lately too

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

Imperador do Brasil posted:

A solid 4 seconds from when the truck crosses the line into the lane until the Tahoe hit it. That's such a severe lack of response I'd wonder if the driver was Mr Magoo. Either way they should probably not drive ever again.

slidebite
Nov 6, 2005

Good egg

*Expedition

RIP Paul Walker
Feb 26, 2004

trevorreznik posted:

In 2005, I crashed a 94 Buick skylark into the side of a brand new mustang due to that. 4 lane road, 30 mph, both myself and an oncoming SUV were trying to turn left across traffic. Couldnt see anything, waited for a bit, and finally went at exactly the wrong time as the mustang came flying around and I hit them in the driver side door and bent their frame. Still feel bad about it

I had a 1995 Buick Skylark in high school, with hosed up paint on that godawful nose. That car cemented my long-term virginity and I'm very happy to hear that one has died.

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

Motronic posted:

It's because the cool thing to do is the "gangster lean" which is not really good for actually controlling the car well at all over 20 mph, then mix a terrible driver with physics and you get videos like that.

StormDrain
May 22, 2003

Thirteen Letter

Applebees Appetizer posted:

It's because the cool thing to do is the "gangster lean" which is not really good for actually controlling the car well at all over 20 mph, then mix a terrible driver with physics and you get videos like that.

OK grandpa

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

StormDrain posted:

OK grandpa

Gangster leaner spotted :v:

bigman.50grand
Mar 31, 2007
no
I will not apologize for the diamond in the back, the sun roof top, or digging the scene.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

Applebees Appetizer posted:

It's funnier because they have the seat way back and are sat up with no support so are far more susceptible to physics and getting whipped around when they change lanes like a loving maniac. So aside from looking like a twat you look like a double twat when you inevitably stack it on video where you look like you don't understand how seats work as well as being a poo poo driver.