Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MajorBonnet
May 28, 2009

How did I get here?

Mr. Neutron posted:

Yeah so far the worst thing about the vault dailies is that you can no longer pick and choose. You get three assigned to you, tough luck if you don't like them. I hope the WvW ones continue to be somewhat rational instead of assault a keep/SMC type of thing...

I'm going to end up putting my dailies to just PvE if they keep the system as is. I like WvW, but not everyday. I even occasionally dipped into sPvP for dailies, but that won't happen now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Deformed Church
May 12, 2012

5'5", IQ 81

Yeah, it's disappointing that I can't just occasionally go "oh actually that sounds fun." If I'm going to have to roll the dice on stuff I don't enjoy, I'll stick to PvE as the least stressful, or just skip the dailies which is presumably the opposite of what they intend.

On the positive side, I'm really enjoying the new contenty bits so far. A lot of the new characters are likeable, or at least compelling, and I'm genuinely curious to see where the story goes. The first map is really pretty and has been fun to explore as well.

I love R'tchikk.

Late Unpleasantness
Mar 26, 2008

s m o k e d

Ineptitude posted:

When last i played rifle mechanist was the bees knees in solo pve. When looking at metabattle now this spec is rated 3/5. Did it get nerfed big time? It was a load of fun to play, but a lot of that fun came from it being powerful.
Rifle mech has reduced DPS but is still a very good low intensity build for pve/open world/story.

TeaJay
Oct 9, 2012

Is my Condi virtuoso build still viable? I haven't played in the last story release, so I dunno if some balance patches have hit it.

Actuarial Fables
Jul 29, 2014

Taco Defender
Virtuoso hasn't really been touched that much, so it should be fine. The expac patch only had a little in the way of skill balancing (this is not including the fact that weapons are no longer bound to specific elite specs).

Mailer
Nov 4, 2009

Have you accepted The Void as your lord and savior?
So after doing dailies forever just snapping up pvp objectives and usually two a day and filling in 1-2 additional pve dailies while grinding towards pvp legendary armor, I had a look at the existing dailies. I can do all of them, so assuming that's every day that'll be 245/week.

Weekly objectives... are all not things I'm going to do. Special objectives are just rewards for buying the expansion, which I haven't done.

Ignoring the BL rewards and transmutation charges, and assuming the crafting mat bags are equivalent, my quick (and possibly wrong) math says it's about 3882 points a month to equal the old system.

So basically if you're not going hard don't bother logging in at all. It's a bold strategy, I'll give them that.

Hakarne
Jul 23, 2007
Vivo en el autobús!

Deformed Church posted:

Yeah, it's disappointing that I can't just occasionally go "oh actually that sounds fun." If I'm going to have to roll the dice on stuff I don't enjoy, I'll stick to PvE as the least stressful, or just skip the dailies which is presumably the opposite of what they intend.

Exactly. Half the time I was playing WvW it was because I'd see some easy/interesting dailies that made me jump in. Then while killing the Dolyaks and capturing camps someone would shout "we're capturing this keep" or "Omg we need everyone to SMC" and next thing I know I've lost two hours in a huge battle.

That's... probably less likely to happen now. I'm thinking I'll just switch to pure PvE. Sometimes I just don't have the time to deal with other hostile players to complete a daily, especially if I can't choose what I'm doing.

boho
Oct 4, 2011

on fire and loving it

Mailer posted:

So after doing dailies forever just snapping up pvp objectives and usually two a day and filling in 1-2 additional pve dailies while grinding towards pvp legendary armor, I had a look at the existing dailies. I can do all of them, so assuming that's every day that'll be 245/week.

Weekly objectives... are all not things I'm going to do. Special objectives are just rewards for buying the expansion, which I haven't done.

Ignoring the BL rewards and transmutation charges, and assuming the crafting mat bags are equivalent, my quick (and possibly wrong) math says it's about 3882 points a month to equal the old system.

So basically if you're not going hard don't bother logging in at all. It's a bold strategy, I'll give them that.

If you’re doing that kind of math, you’re already going hard.

tarbrush
Feb 7, 2011

ALL ABOARD THE SCOTLAND HYPE TRAIN!

CHOO CHOO

Hakarne posted:

Exactly. Half the time I was playing WvW it was because I'd see some easy/interesting dailies that made me jump in. Then while killing the Dolyaks and capturing camps someone would shout "we're capturing this keep" or "Omg we need everyone to SMC" and next thing I know I've lost two hours in a huge battle.

That's... probably less likely to happen now. I'm thinking I'll just switch to pure PvE. Sometimes I just don't have the time to deal with other hostile players to complete a daily, especially if I can't choose what I'm doing.

Yeah, agree completely.

whydirt
Apr 18, 2001

Gaz Posting Brigade :c00lbert:
Yeah I’m out for now until they iterate on the dailies or the legendary armor update

SlothBear
Jan 25, 2009

Hakarne posted:

After starting off with a pve/wvw mix I put mine to pure PvE for the same reason. Whether you'll be able to defend an objective or take a keep is just too random for such a limit on dailies. Doing the obsidian sanctum jp again was an interesting throwback.

It does seem like the wizardbucks system is much more heavily weighed for weeklies, which is good for me since being able to binge once a week is much more likely than being able to log in every day, but I get that's not how most people play MMOs. The rewards seem good though, even a griffon skin!

The relics system...the system itself is fine. Removing all the fun six piece bonuses is not. ...why all these 'on elite' triggers? What builds are spamming their elites on 30s cooldowns that will make use of these? It's .... puzzling.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Can anyone confirm that the Ascended armor Vault reward is just one piece?

The phrasing makes it sound like a complete set, which would be insane.

Proud graduate of the Andy Reid coaching clinic.
I wish relics were collectibles with their own UI instead of inventory slots on each character. Make them harder to acquire or something but a drop-down menu to change at-will across your account would be so nice.

shitty poker hand
Jun 13, 2013
I'm only like 30 minutes into the new expansion, but is anyone else getting some extremely Wizards: No Sense of Right and Wrong vibes from the order of wizard guys who run experiments on people who are capable of suffering in pocket universes? "Oh, they have to be able to suffer and experience loss so that we can get better data!" No? Just me?

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

lovely poker hand posted:

I'm only like 30 minutes into the new expansion, but is anyone else getting some extremely Wizards: No Sense of Right and Wrong vibes from the order of wizard guys who run experiments on people who are capable of suffering in pocket universes? "Oh, they have to be able to suffer and experience loss so that we can get better data!" No? Just me?

Very much like Cephalon Simaris from Warframe.
These beings have suffered a billion deaths. Do not weep for them. I need MORE DATA.

Studio
Jan 15, 2008

Mr. Neutron
Sep 15, 2012

~I'M THE BEST~
I really like the first zone despite nearly all of it being reused assets from all over the game.

tarbrush
Feb 7, 2011

ALL ABOARD THE SCOTLAND HYPE TRAIN!

CHOO CHOO

Mr. Neutron posted:

I really like the first zone despite nearly all of it being reused assets from all over the game.

Yep. It works despite the fact that it shouldn't

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Has anyone found some busted weapons combos? I was disappointed by Mesmer axe outside of Mirage but I didn't spend a ton of time with it.

boho
Oct 4, 2011

on fire and loving it

Mr. Neutron posted:

It’s all good minus the Cantha bit, which is way too recent to re-use and feels really cheap as a result.

Inzombiac posted:

Has anyone found some busted weapons combos? I was disappointed by Mesmer axe outside of Mirage but I didn't spend a ton of time with it.

No, not really. The feature is thoroughly whelming, and has left me asking “why wasn’t it always this way” more than anything else.

Insert snark about getting this feature before auto-deposit, fixes to containerpocalypse and inventory problems in general, an actual LFG system, sPvP matchmaking worth a poo poo, or shared hero points by account.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Ah well, I guess that's good? No obvious target for nerfs, at least.

Their long-term plan of weapon proliferation has made me very excited. Before release I thought that's how it was going to work anyway (and foolishly thought Warriors would get Foci for punching.)

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

:gowron::m10:
I hope they explore alternate weapon skills. They already have the technology, since non-untamed rangers can pick and choose which hammer skills they want.

DoNotFeedTheBear
Sep 13, 2007
Mr Mystic put out a GS herald video that seemed alright

Hello Sailor
May 3, 2006

we're all mad here

SlothBear posted:

The relics system...the system itself is fine. Removing all the fun six piece bonuses is not. ...why all these 'on elite' triggers? What builds are spamming their elites on 30s cooldowns that will make use of these? It's .... puzzling.

Revenants have a core elite skill and 2 specialization elite skills that can be toggled, plus the third specialization elite has a base 12s cooldown.

Mover
Jun 30, 2008

It’s bullshit that we didn’t get underwater weapons on land with weaponmastery. Bullshit!!!!

Catgirl Al Capone
Dec 15, 2007

Inzombiac posted:

Can anyone confirm that the Ascended armor Vault reward is just one piece?

The phrasing makes it sound like a complete set, which would be insane.

you get a chest that lets you select which statline you want, then a chest which lets you select which piece with those stats you want. so, 1 armor piece per reward. it's still really drat nice especially for chests and leggings that usually take significantly more of x turnin to get.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Catgirl Al Capone posted:

you get a chest that lets you select which statline you want, then a chest which lets you select which piece with those stats you want. so, 1 armor piece per reward. it's still really drat nice especially for chests and leggings that usually take significantly more of x turnin to get.

Okay, not bad at all but not a priority for me.
I'm gonna spend all my wizard points on unique stuff first.
I dunno what the Bless emote looks like but I want it.

Mr. Neutron
Sep 15, 2012

~I'M THE BEST~

Inzombiac posted:

Mirage dagger in pvp, according to Vallun.

Deformed Church
May 12, 2012

5'5", IQ 81

Okay I think I've done most of it, story was probably the best Anet have done since like LS4, or maybe 2007, I would die for R'tchikk and Glade. I like the new zones a lot, they're pretty fun to navigate and very pretty, just wish there were fewer bugged events.

New strikes are pretty cool too, they've got like 33% too much health but Dagda is a pretty easy entry and Cerus is genuinely a fun fight, in a really pretty arena. I'd be interested to try the CMs at some point.

What can I even do with the rift crafting materials right now? I assume there's a vendor or something I'm missing, I know the legendary armour will need a tonne but presumably it's not a case of "oh cool I'm just going to hoard for six months". The rewards in general for the expansion feel kind of bad right now, the strikes are worth doing for the periodic rewards but neither meta seems to hold up drop wise, the rifts don't seem to give much of value, and even if they did the expansion has all of like one cool weapon set and two meh armour sets (that don't even get variability between weights) so there's not that much to grind for. I'm not really sure why I'm supposed to keep doing any of this, which sucks because it's mostly got really good presentation.

SlothBear posted:

It's for Guardians, Anet's favourite class as per usual. The elites I actually use are 20-40s cooldowns. I don't use them because I'm lazy so I just slotted thief for the easy 5%.

Deformed Church fucked around with this message at 11:36 on Aug 24, 2023

U.T. Raptor
May 11, 2010

Are you a pack of imbeciles!?

Meowywitch posted:

I am terrified to interact with human beings so I stick to open world :)
:same:

Also new daily system sucks. Should've just given us enough options to pick and choose like the old ones.

Humerus
Jul 7, 2009

Rule of acquisition #111:
Treat people in your debt like family...exploit them.

A dude on Reddit calculated the price of the new legendary armor based on the achievement panel stuff:

https://reddit.com/r/Guildwars2/s/QmdfayKJAL posted:

Cost of new Legendary Armor pieces is viewable in achievement panel and at a vendor.

There is a vendor that has all the recipes, and their is an achievement under the legendary armor collections.

There are two things that don't line up between the vendor/achievement:

* Gift of Expertise lists two different costs (vendor cost is listed below because you can buy them right now)
* Purified Kryptis Essences are listed in the achievements but not the vendor (might be part of precursor collections)

## 1 Legendary Armor Piece:

#### Arcanum "Precursor"

* seems to cost 1 Lesser Vision Crystal each (but this is probably the cost to buy a second one)

#### Gift of Magical/Mighty Prosperity

* 9 Mystic Clovers
* 1 Gift of Condensed Magic/Might (Foot/Leg/Gloves use Might, Chest/Shoulder/Head use Magic)
* 1 Gift of Research
* 1 Gift of Craftmanship
* 10 Glob of Ectoplasm

#### Gift of Stormy Skies
* 1 Gift of the Astral Ward
* 1 Gift of Skywatch Archipelago
* 1 Gift of Amnytas
* 1 ??? (likely 3rd map completion)
* 1 Gift of Persistence
* 250 Essence of Despair (T1 Kryptis Essence)
* 250 Static Charge
* 250 Pinch of Stardust
* 250 ??? (likely 3rd map currency)
* 10 Glob of Ectoplasm
* 5 Case of Captured Lightning (1250 Static Charge total)
* 5 Pouch of Stardust (1250 Pinch of Stardust total)
* 5 ??? (likely 1250 of 3rd map currency total)
* 10 Glob of Ectoplasm

#### Gift of Expertise
* 12 Amalgamated Kryptis Essence
* 250 Essence of Despair (T1 Kryptis Essence)
* 100 Essence of Greed (T2 Kryptis Essence)
* 50 Essence of Triumph (T3 Kryptis Essence)
* 60 Glob of Ectoplasm
* 1 Eldritch Scroll
* 50 Obsidian Shards
* 1 Cube of Stabilized Dark Energy
* 10 Glob of Ectoplasm

### Totals (without Precursor)

Old materials required for a full set are:

* 54 Mystic Clovers
* 3 Gift of Condensed Magic
* 3 Gift of Condensed Might
* 15000 Research Notes
* 1500 (Exotic) Essence of Luck
* 300 Provisioner Tokens
* 300 ~~Skill Points~~ Spirit Shards
* 300 Obsidian Shards
* 6 Cubes of Stabilized Dark Energy
* 3600 - 4500 Globs of Ectoplasm (vendor overcharges by 10 ecto per recipe, seems you can craft some of the stuff yourself for cheaper)

SotO exclusive materials are:

* 6 completions of each map
* 9000 of each map currency
* 19500 Essence of Despair (T1 Kryptis Essence)
* 7200 Essence of Greed (T2 Kryptis Essence)
* 3600 Essence of Triumph (T3 Kryptis Essence)

So I hope you like the rift system!

CODChimera
Jan 29, 2009

Humerus posted:

A dude on Reddit calculated the price of the new legendary armor based on the achievement panel stuff:

i doooooo not

boho
Oct 4, 2011

on fire and loving it

Humerus posted:

That’s downright generous compared to nine months of sPvP or an indefinite amount of WvW.

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

I'm very pleased with how hammer weaver turned out. Also surprised, because there were glaring issues with the new dual orb skills during the beta that I was worried would not be changed. Namely, that they didn't proc the trait that applies weakness when hitting with a dual attack, and that each orb had an internal cooldown the length of the fully attuned version's. Not only do the orbs now proc weakness with 100% uptime, they're ridiculously easy to maintain with the ICD being gone. It's easy to get them up and running since you can get the full set after only 2 element swaps. And after firing off a volley, you can resummon half of them immediately, since at least one should be off cooldown.

Also, there's no pressure to fully attune, with dual skills being strictly superior to the single attunement 3 slots. However, if you want to leverage Elements of Rage for the damage bonus on full attune, Fresh Air makes it really easy to do that on demand. Arcane also has a lot of great offensive and defensive options. My gear is half berserker half diviner, and I don't feel glassy at all.

boho
Oct 4, 2011

on fire and loving it

gandlethorpe posted:

I'm very pleased with how hammer weaver turned out. Also surprised, because there were glaring issues with the new dual orb skills during the beta that I was worried would not be changed. Namely, that they didn't proc the trait that applies weakness when hitting with a dual attack, and that each orb had an internal cooldown the length of the fully attuned version's. Not only do the orbs now proc weakness with 100% uptime, they're ridiculously easy to maintain with the ICD being gone. It's easy to get them up and running since you can get the full set after only 2 element swaps. And after firing off a volley, you can resummon half of them immediately, since at least one should be off cooldown.

Also, there's no pressure to fully attune, with dual skills being strictly superior to the single attunement 3 slots. However, if you want to leverage Elements of Rage for the damage bonus on full attune, Fresh Air makes it really easy to do that on demand. Arcane also has a lot of great offensive and defensive options. My gear is half berserker half diviner, and I don't feel glassy at all.

I tried Hammer Weaver on some dummies. Full zerk. While the Oops All Dual Attacks has promise, the strike damage at least never materialized. DPS seemed to pale compared to good old Condi Sword Weaver.

I need to run it through Arc (assuming it still works) but I expected to be seeing way bigger numbers.

Lack of Might generation was the big problem, so maybe Sigils/Strength runes and constantly weaving (har) to Fire after every other while running Pyromancer’s Puissance would help. Trying to focus on Orb uptime was not really pulling in returns.

I actually suspect Cele would outperform raw Zerk given how much Burn you’re accidentally spitting by needing to spend so much time in Fire for Might.

boho fucked around with this message at 18:55 on Aug 24, 2023

Meeko
Sep 15, 2017

That's right! I'm the counting sheep, Meeko. And I'm a proper sheep youkai!

Hammer Weaver sounds funny on paper (two balls!) but due to how you have to cycle through attunements and the CD on grand finale it isn't actually a practical big bonus. Combined with no real dual attacks (which is kind of a major selling point/important part of weaver's damage profile), and the buffs the balls bring not really being that great and it's just overall meh.

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Fight for all that is beautiful in the world

if you understand Weaver than I respect you

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

Meeko posted:

Hammer Weaver sounds funny on paper (two balls!) but due to how you have to cycle through attunements and the CD on grand finale it isn't actually a practical big bonus. Combined with no real dual attacks (which is kind of a major selling point/important part of weaver's damage profile), and the buffs the balls bring not really being that great and it's just overall meh.

Essentially permanent +10% to all damage, +10% crit chance, -15% all damage taken "not great"?

What makes the dual skill version orbs so powerful is that you can eat your cake and have it too. After firing a volley, you can immediately get 2 orbs back by using one of the ones you didn't use in your initial summon. Getting the remaining 2 shouldn't take long. There are 6 combinations of dual orb summons, and you only need 2 to get a full set.

Superior Elements causes orbs to pulse weakness on everything in range, since you're pretty much always gonna summon the dual skill version. That means hammer weaver gets a baseline crit chance of 30% versus anything in close range (5% base, 10% air orb, 15% vs weakness). Add fury and that's 55% without any precision. Other weapons can't leverage Superior Elements that trivially.

Also, I don't know if this is a bug or not, but Grand Finale currently has no cooldown. It's always available while the orb of the current attunement is active (in any spec).

Edit: oh yeah, Air gives another 5% crit chance, so that's 60% precision-free crit chance that hammer weaver can easily maintain

gandlethorpe fucked around with this message at 20:17 on Aug 24, 2023

Saraiguma
Oct 2, 2014

gandlethorpe posted:

Essentially permanent +10% to all damage, +10% crit chance, -15% all damage taken "not great"?

What makes the dual skill version orbs so powerful is that you can eat your cake and have it too. After firing a volley, you can immediately get 2 orbs back by using one of the ones you didn't use in your initial summon. Getting the remaining 2 shouldn't take long. There are 6 combinations of dual orb summons, and you only need 2 to get a full set.

Superior Elements causes orbs to pulse weakness on everything in range, since you're pretty much always gonna summon the dual skill version. That means hammer weaver gets a baseline crit chance of 30% versus anything in close range (5% base, 10% air orb, 15% vs weakness). Add fury and that's 55% without any precision. Other weapons can't leverage Superior Elements that trivially.

Also, I don't know if this is a bug or not, but Grand Finale currently has no cooldown. It's always available while the orb of the current attunement is active (in any spec).

Edit: oh yeah, Air gives another 5% crit chance, so that's 60% precision-free crit chance that hammer weaver can easily maintain
the problem with 60% free crit is how are you going to gear and not massively overcap

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy
you drop some precision for toughness on your gear

what, you don't have a full legendary set?