Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

World War Mammories
Aug 25, 2006

Relyssa posted:

what the gently caress does this mean

I assume you've heard "based" and "chad" before, and "gigachad" is a common phrase among... some people. "tera" and "peta" are the subsequent larger prefixes, viz. mega < giga < tera < peta

anyway lmfao

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Terrible Opinions
Oct 18, 2013

I know people like this are just lying about caring for accuracy, but the majority ethnicity that part of the Sword Coast are Tethyrian, who are dark skinned. Really all the white people in the game minus neverwinterians and asterion should have more of a tan.

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist

Relyssa posted:

what the gently caress does this mean

Something about not being able to make women cum.

Relyssa
Jul 29, 2012

World War Mammories posted:

I assume you've heard "based" and "chad" before, and "gigachad" is a common phrase among... some people. "tera" and "peta" are the subsequent larger prefixes, viz. mega < giga < tera < peta

anyway lmfao

Oh wow I didn't even think to connect it like that, my mind went to PETA the org and TERA the game. Probably says a lot about me tbh.

disposablewords
Sep 12, 2021

Relyssa posted:

Oh wow I didn't even think to connect it like that, my mind went to PETA the org and TERA the game. Probably says a lot about me tbh.

Mostly that you're way less brain-poisoned than the goober who posted that in the first place.

Kyte
Nov 19, 2013

Never quacked for this

disposablewords posted:

Mostly that you're way less brain-poisoned than the goober who posted that in the first place.

dunno, knowing the SI prefixes sound less brain-poisoned than an MMO and a bad animal rights org

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Relyssa posted:

If it makes you feel better, so did I... :corsair:

disposablewords
Sep 12, 2021

Kyte posted:

dunno, knowing the SI prefixes sound less brain-poisoned than an MMO and a bad animal rights org

Context is king in this situation. And PETA's pretty famous anyway.

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Meowywitch posted:

idk zoomer/alpha humour is loving dumb

Its racist *channer humor

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

Rigged Death Trap posted:

Its racist *channer humor

Nah both sides of the divide use it now, there’s plenty of progressive lefty kids who call things chad and based

Xun
Apr 25, 2010

You know, sometimes I wonder who are these people getting real bent out of shape over colour/color

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

History Comes Inside! posted:

Nah both sides of the divide use it now, there’s plenty of progressive lefty kids who call things chad and based

No i mean in this specific instance.
Online racists now dogwhistle (its more a foghorn now) on obviously racist poo poo with exactly that template of response.

Max Wilco
Jan 23, 2012

I'm just trying to go through life without looking stupid.

It's not working out too well...

Xun posted:

You know, sometimes I wonder who are these people getting real bent out of shape over colour/color

Noah Webster

Gnome de plume
Sep 5, 2006

Hell.
Fucking.
Yes.

never let it be said he doesn't leave you without options

:nws: https://www.nexusmods.com/baldursgate3/mods/1051 :nws:

Mod edit: popping on NWS tags. --HopperUK

Somebody fucked around with this message at 19:18 on Aug 20, 2023

Magmarashi
May 20, 2009

Gnome de plume posted:

never let it be said he doesn't leave you without options

https://www.nexusmods.com/baldursgate3/mods/1051

Girthyanki

Leal
Oct 2, 2009

Magmarashi posted:

Girthyanki

lol

ZeusCannon
Nov 5, 2009

BLAAAAAARGH PLEASE KILL ME BLAAAAAAAARGH
Grimey Drawer

Air Skwirl posted:

Also Breath of the Wild doesn't have leveling in the same sense as Skyrim, most other RPGs.

Does have fairly hosed up scaling though.

Oops this enemy is so strong itll consume three swords.....aaaaaand now they appear everywhere!

Section Z
Oct 1, 2008

Wait, this is the Moon.
How did I even get here?

Pillbug

ZeusCannon posted:

Does have fairly hosed up scaling though.

Oops this enemy is so strong itll consume three swords.....aaaaaand now they appear everywhere!
How could a game that lets you get away with so much satisfying bullshit, also make ragroll stun-locking a moblin to death with their own weapon you just stole feel so exhausting? Maybe they listened to fans all shouting barbarian armor was overpowered and assumed people would be rolling with maximum combat buff at all times?

I swear to god, it feels faster to kill a Fake gannon spawning from gloom hands Than a depths bokoblin with the master sword on glowing turbo mode. Though that might be due to that enemy chasing you, instead of you chasing after their body being launched 20 feet every heavy hit unless you get them stuck in a corner.

Gnome de plume
Sep 5, 2006

Hell.
Fucking.
Yes.
https://www.nexusmods.com/oblivion/mods/53268

Kind if an improvement imo

Gnome de plume fucked around with this message at 06:31 on Aug 21, 2023

Skippy McPants
Mar 19, 2009

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

By Azura! :stonk:

CommissarMega
Nov 18, 2008

THUNDERDOME LOSER
The best mod for Baldur's Gate 3 is here:
https://www.nexusmods.com/baldursgate3/mods/460

Bit of a spoiler warning: Minor spoilers for a late game character's name.

Relyssa
Jul 29, 2012

e: ignore, I read good

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist

CommissarMega posted:

The best mod for Baldur's Gate 3 is here:
https://www.nexusmods.com/baldursgate3/mods/460

Bit of a spoiler warning: Minor spoilers for a late game character's name.

It's a 15 year old joke mocking a bad videogame comic artist who was trying to express his grief about a miscarriage he actually experienced.

Being weirdly obsessed with it like this is pathetic.

goblin week
Jan 26, 2019

Absolute clown.

Zesty posted:

It's a 15 year old joke mocking a bad videogame comic artist who was trying to express his grief about a miscarriage he actually experienced.

hi Tim

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HFngd-Uq6p0

cumpantry
Dec 18, 2020

Zesty posted:

Lol

Leal
Oct 2, 2009
⠀⠀⠀⣴⣴⡤
⠀⣠⠀⢿⠇⡇⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⢰⢷⡗
⠀⢶⢽⠿⣗⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⣼⡧⠂⠀⠀⣼⣷⡆
⠀⠀⣾⢶⠐⣱⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⣤⣜⣻⣧⣲⣦⠤⣧⣿⠶
⠀⢀⣿⣿⣇⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠛⠿⣿⣿⣷⣤⣄⡹⣿⣷
⠀⢸⣿⢸⣿⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠈⠙⢿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿
⠀⠿⠃⠈⠿⠆⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠹⠿⠿⠿

⠀⢀⢀⡀⠀⢀⣤⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⡀⡀
⠀⣿⡟⡇⠀⠭⡋⠅⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⢰⣟⢿
⠀⣹⡌⠀⠀⣨⣾⣷⣄⠀⠀⠀⠀⢈⠔⠌
⠰⣷⣿⡀⢐⢿⣿⣿⢻⠀⠀⠀⢠⣿⡿⡤⣴⠄⢀⣀⡀
⠘⣿⣿⠂⠈⢸⣿⣿⣸⠀⠀⠀⢘⣿⣿⣀⡠⣠⣺⣿⣷
⠀⣿⣿⡆⠀⢸⣿⣿⣾⡇⠀⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣗⣻⡻⠿⠁
⠀⣿⣿⡇⠀⢸⣿⣿⡇⠀⠀⠉⠉⠉⠉⠉⠉⠁

Cup Runneth Over
Aug 8, 2009

She said life's
Too short to worry
Life's too long to wait
It's too short
Not to love everybody
Life's too long to hate

Zesty posted:

What's it like to not read a room for 15 years

Relyssa
Jul 29, 2012

Zesty posted:

have you tried to move past it and heal

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

This does not make sense when, again, aggregate indicia also indicate improvements. The belief that things are worse is false. It remains false.

Zesty posted:

I hear where you're coming from but at this point the underlying memetic symbol is practically part of the grammar of the internet, completely independent of its original context.

Relyssa
Jul 29, 2012

it's often harder on the thread than the poster

Gynovore
Jun 17, 2009

Forget your RoboCoX or your StickyCoX or your EvilCoX, MY CoX has Blinking Bewbs!

WHY IS THIS GAME DEAD?!

Discendo Vox posted:

I hear where you're coming from but at this point the underlying memetic symbol is practically part of the grammar of the internet, completely independent of its original context.

Also worth mentioning that a big part of the reason people won't let it go is that Tim is an insufferable dbag high on his own farts.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
https://twitter.com/LambdaGen/status/1693971355325087948?t=sjMOEPQDhOodenNspQsTJg&s=19

Interesting. Wonder if the engine will collapse under the extra stress. Didn't Portal RTX have some really bad stuttering?

Veotax
May 16, 2006

I don't think it'll have any effect on the engine. RTX Remix, as I understand it, basically intercepts the renderer and replaces assets on the fly. So if you change an asset in RTX Remix, you're not modifying the actual game, but there's a program that's running along with the game that intercepts the game's renderer on the way to the graphics card and it says "wait, don't use that, use this instead!".
So the game basically has no idea what's going on.

You can use this to change textures, models, inject different kinds of ray tracing.

The reason Portal RTX can run so badly is because it's fully path traced, basically the heaviest kind of ray tracing. Everything is running in real time with light rays and light bounces, nothing is faked.

Due to the way it works, it'll only work on older games. Like Portal RTX is actually running in DX8 mode, because something changes in DX9 mode that RTX Remix can't interact with.

CommissarMega
Nov 18, 2008

THUNDERDOME LOSER

Zesty posted:

for youuuu

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO

Zesty posted:

Grassy Knowles
Apr 4, 2003

"The original Terminator was a gritty fucking AMAZING piece of sci-fi. Gritty fucking rock-hard MURDER!"

Zesty posted:

The way that grief was expressed was tasteless, dismissive of the child-bearer, and made others who shared in similar experiences feel worse.

B^U

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

from hell's heart I cast at thee
🧙🐀🧹🌙🪄🐸

Zesty posted:

No need to be a sad sack of tears about it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Karate Bastard
Jul 31, 2007

Soiled Meat

Zesty posted:

My pal, do you know where you are right now exactly? Have you actually at any point in the last 15 years opened your eyes, and had a look around? If not then I cannot in good conscience recommend you do, but please do