Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Biggest disappointment of 2023?
The Dallas Cowboys (gently caress 'em)
The New York Giants
The Philadephia Eagles
The Washington Washingtons
Myself for watching NFC East Clownball
View Results

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

Febreeze posted:

I wish he wasn't a cowboy because I want to root very hard for the child to be good
Same.

Mr. Nice! posted:

That's a 6th round draft pick.

Here's a highlight video that starts with two bigass TDs in the Big 12 championship game and the subsequent bowl game.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IAFEMZNxRoE
These highlights are great. The headfake to get past the DB in the first run reminds me of the headfake Hester mastered.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Toaster Beef
Jan 23, 2007

that's not nature's way
ugh I'm going to be hating that little dude for years to come

Strobe
Jun 30, 2014
GW BRAINWORMS CREW

AAAAA! Real Muenster posted:

Same.

These highlights are great. The headfake to get past the DB in the first run reminds me of the headfake Hester mastered.

My favorite thing about Deuce is that as soon as there's one guy in space between him and the endzone you can basically mark it a TD already. Dude made a career out of humiliating DBs in space.

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌
Deuce is a top tier athlete that's obviously an extremely good runner but will probably never see a blocking down in his life because cmon

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

Doltos posted:

Deuce is a top tier athlete that's obviously an extremely good runner but will probably never see a blocking down in his life because cmon

I was gonna make a Maurice Jones-Drew comp, but Mojo had 30 lbs on Deuce

Deuce is like a little kid out there :3:

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌
I find that demeaning NOT because I'm 5'9 and short kings must be protected but he is like 21 and a person with thoughts and feelings

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

Doltos posted:

I find that demeaning NOT because I'm 5'9 and short kings must be protected but he is like 21 and a person with thoughts and feelings
MY Football players? With thoughts and feelings?!? Their head should be in the playbook!

Ayudo
Mar 30, 2006

Doltos posted:

It would be a true test of "low man wins".

Febreeze
Oct 24, 2011

I want to care, butt I dont
Thoughts and feelings? That's what the concussions are there to weed out

davecrazy
Nov 25, 2004

I'm an insufferable shitposter who does not deserve to root for such a good team. Also, this is what Matt Harvey thinks of me and my garbage posting.
Sproles and Danny Woodhead were things.

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

davecrazy posted:

Sproles and Danny Woodhead were things.
MJD, too, but he was way chonkier.

Febreeze
Oct 24, 2011

I want to care, butt I dont
Giants are winning the super bowl

https://twitter.com/BobbySkinner_/status/1692689862279749711?t=k8VaDktu7KtBdwtCm9FCCQ&s=19

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret

Flawless logic imo :hmmyes:

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌
It's so beautiful he was barely running too

davecrazy
Nov 25, 2004

I'm an insufferable shitposter who does not deserve to root for such a good team. Also, this is what Matt Harvey thinks of me and my garbage posting.
Giants social media is gong nuts over one pre season game. It’s kinda lol.

Pre season don’t mean poo poo.

I still think we’re a playoff team, but slow your roll about one series of plays again literally no defensive gameplan.

Asproigerosis
Mar 13, 2013

insufferable
On the other hand the eagles look terrible and the defense is even worse somehow so we will be lucky to get 3 wins

davecrazy
Nov 25, 2004

Yeah but did you see the Browns miss the easy FG twice???

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

THE HELL IS WITH THIS ASS!?

Anyway, gently caress the Cowboys

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret

Quiet Feet posted:

Anyway, gently caress the Cowboys

:hmmyes:

predicto
Jul 22, 2004

THE DEM DEFENDER HAS LOGGED ON
Sam Howell may not totally suck rear end. But the Commie defense falls for the delayed handoff every single time, it's embarrassing.

BiggerBoat
Sep 26, 2007

Don't you tell me my business again.
Good write up on Deuce Vaughn

https://deadspin.com/deuce-vaughn-is-proving-that-size-doesnt-matter-in-the-1850759543

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

predicto posted:

Sam Howell may not totally suck rear end. But the Commie defense falls for the delayed handoff every single time, it's embarrassing.

He looked good but still very raw at times. That’s coachable though and who better than Bienemy. I like what saw of the highlights, just can’t stay up late on Monday nights to see the whole thing. Still, it’s preseason, who the gently caress knows how fragile our o-line is when playing a real game.

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌
Sam Howell is a decent prospect. Can hit timing routes really well and has a great nose for slant routes. He's not really a world beater or a project, what you see is what you get. He probably should have played more last year considering their QB situation.

Asproigerosis
Mar 13, 2013

insufferable
Lmao Trevon Diggs, sorry bud you are loving toast this season. I hope it doesn't turn into some gross vicious poo poo just cause some people wanna yuck your yum though.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
:lmao:

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

Here’s a scorching hot take:

https://twitter.com/LuckIsMadeFF/status/1693799363154190480?s=20

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

Watch our first round draft pick Emmanuel Forbes make a beast tackle. Dude is like under five feet and weighs a hundred pounds.

https://twitter.com/NFL/status/1693784035208905114?s=20

Forrest on Fire
Nov 23, 2012

John Elway Peyton Manning Tom Brady Patrick Mahomes is a System QB

davecrazy
Nov 25, 2004

https://twitter.com/Connor_J_Hughes/status/1694743958255989131

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?
god elon musk loving sucks. tweets shouldn't have "read more" links that's the whole loving point

Redeye Flight
Mar 26, 2010

God, I'm so tired. What the hell did I post last night?

indigi posted:

god elon musk loving sucks. tweets shouldn't have "read more" links that's the whole loving point

If I wanted to read longform posts I'd keep reading blogs. The problem being that people stopped WRITING blogs to just make giant Twitter threads and make the whole experience worse for everyone.

I still keep coming to this "dead" website for the very good reason that Something Awful knows what it is and does what it's for very well, twenty years on. Anything additional that it does, the users do it. It's a constant and it's a huge breath of fresh air compared to every other place on the web which tries to reinvent itself every two goddamn weeks and parasitically consume as much of my life as possible.

Basically, parasocial bullshit will eventually creep me out and drive me away. But this thread of morons talking about football and repeating gently caress The Cowboys like a religious mantra is ACTUALLY social, thus it's eternal, and I wouldn't have it any other way.

gently caress the Cowboys.

Toaster Beef
Jan 23, 2007

that's not nature's way
yeah i'm just not built for an internet experience that doesn't include well-maintained forums, so if these things ever die out it's a cabin in the woods for ol' rob

gently caress the cowboys

Forrest on Fire
Nov 23, 2012

Toaster Beef posted:

yeah i'm just not built for an internet experience that doesn't include well-maintained forums, so if these things ever die out it's a cabin in the woods for ol' rob

Scene: a tired beef sits isolated in a cabin when the door flies open.

Nobody is at the door.

There's a football lodged onto the ceiling with a note only initialled "JG"

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Wedge Regret
gently caress the Cowboys

Sex_Marxist
Dec 14, 2016

I LOVE MY DEAD GAY SON
gently caress the Cowboys

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

gently caress the cowboys, gently caress em

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

With Snyder gone, who remains the most evil owner in the NFL now, Jerry?

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
yeah the title is back where it should be

Toaster Beef
Jan 23, 2007

that's not nature's way

Cartoon Man posted:

With Snyder gone, who remains the most evil owner in the NFL now, Jerry?

Haslam? Spanos? Or are those guys just dickheads and not actively evil

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shyfted One
May 9, 2008
Haslam is pretty lovely