Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

:rubby:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

weekly font
Dec 1, 2004

Everytime I try to fly I fall
Without my wings
I feel so small
Guess I need you baby...

She should just never show up

Eat My Fuc
May 29, 2007

Kairi wouldn’t return unless Charlotte, who attempted to murder her on live TV, was leaving the Fed and AEW bound.

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

Eat My Fuc posted:

Kairi wouldn’t return unless Charlotte, who attempted to murder her on live TV, was leaving the Fed and AEW bound.

Charlotte is no longer AEW bound as her and Andrade are getting a divorce.

xbilkis
Apr 11, 2005

god qb
me
jay hova
Correction: Ashley Flair is a Kaboomer

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.
She's a collider through and through.

Majinfoose
Jul 26, 2007

HOLY SHIT
This vegan brisket is bussin

Pylons posted:

Charlotte is no longer AEW bound as her and Andrade are getting a divorce.

Thank God (about her not coming to AEW, saddened that they are breaking up)

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Wait is that actually true lol

Dick Swiveller
Mar 2, 2011

I was doing a thought experiment of like, if you were putting together a list of ten wrestlers who somebody could credibly mount an argument for as best active wrestler in the world, who would they be and where would you pull them from. Specifically "who could hang in the final ten" rather than "who has the most believable claim".

There are the obvious picks like Okada and Danielson and Omega, but aside from them most of the promotions I'm familiar with have a name that I could see belonging on that list. But I kind of got stumped by the WWE. Historically they've regularly had one or another such name locked up and it feels like a uniquely fertile era for GOATs running around all over the place so I was surprised by this. I also don't know the product too well so there could be obvious names I'm missing.

Obviously the question opens up wider if you include the stipulation "who could hang if they had good booking" but much like a career-derailing injury I think the booking has to be taken into account. Danielson and Punk still held this regard in their prime moments in the company despite similarly lovely booking so what's the deal. Who are the Fed's reps in the hypothetical Brawl For (Greatest of Them) All?

Coaaab
Aug 6, 2006

Wish I was there...
gunther

Dick Swiveller
Mar 2, 2011

He was the one name that occurred to me but I've only seen one of his matches and it was the rumble lol so I wasn't sure if he was legit that good or just "really good", a type of wrestler WWE has quite a few of.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
Brock Lesnar.

Or AJ Styles.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Gunther is flat out the best in the promotion.

Then I'd say Sami, Gable, Seth, and Cody. Probably Butch. I know there are solid guys in NXT but I haven't seen enough of their matches to say how good they really are. Like Dragunov, Dragon Lee, Noam Dar, Tyler Bate.

I think a lot of guys who might have been in that conversation are now a little too old and banged up. People like Owens, AJ, Finn, Ciampa, and Gargano. Rey would fit here as well.

Codependent Poster fucked around with this message at 05:17 on Aug 24, 2023

Majinfoose
Jul 26, 2007

HOLY SHIT
This vegan brisket is bussin

WWE is a sports entertainment company, they have superstars, not wrestlers

RandolphCarter
Jul 30, 2005

Do wwe belts really use Velcro instead of snaps or did I dream that up

Dick Swiveller
Mar 2, 2011

I feel like if Seth and Cody are making the grade then maybe the net is a little wide. I like Cody just fine but I'd never put him in the running for best alive.

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008

RandolphCarter posted:

Do wwe belts really use Velcro instead of snaps or did I dream that up

they've been velcro for awhile now yeah

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008
like in 2019. ufc does it too because its easier to put and take a title off with velcro than fighting with the clasps

mooseinfants
Dec 22, 2014
Gunther and Dragunov are the only people in WWE I'd say have any business at all being in the best in the world conversation

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Sami absolutely belongs in that convo for his work getting the Bloodline over

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Dick Swiveller posted:

I feel like if Seth and Cody are making the grade then maybe the net is a little wide. I like Cody just fine but I'd never put him in the running for best alive.

I think they're on the same level or better than Punk if his name is out there. But definitely not on the level of Gunther.

Suplex Liberace
Jan 18, 2012

Rarity posted:

Sami absolutely belongs in that convo for his work getting the Bloodline over

that was roman please acknowledge him

Dick Swiveller
Mar 2, 2011

Codependent Poster posted:

I think they're on the same level or better than Punk if his name is out there. But definitely not on the level of Gunther.

Oh I wouldn't put Punk on the list either, for sure. I was just saying that there was a time when he probably (maybe?) would've been seen as a contender, while he was still with the WWE. I dunno I didn't know squat about the alternatives back in 2011 or whatever so maybe not.

e: I would personally be happy to see Sami on such a hypothetical list.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Dick Swiveller posted:

Oh I wouldn't put Punk on the list either, for sure. I was just saying that there was a time when he probably (maybe?) would've been seen as a contender, while he was still with the WWE. I dunno I didn't know squat about the alternatives back in 2011 or whatever so maybe not.

Oh, gotcha. Yeah I dunno if they fit in the best in the world category but they're a couple of the best WWE guys right now, I think.

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:
yeah WALTER is pretty good

RandolphCarter
Jul 30, 2005

KungFu Grip posted:

they've been velcro for awhile now yeah

KungFu Grip posted:

like in 2019. ufc does it too because its easier to put and take a title off with velcro than fighting with the clasps

:pathetic:

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

RealityWarCriminal posted:

yeah WALTER is pretty good

*GUNTHER

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

*Gunther

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe

KungFu Grip posted:

The velcro is great because it means that when someone takes their title belt off their waist to do something like hold it up, there is a super loud velcro rip noise that completely undermines the seriousness and importance of any situation

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

It is really funny how Gunther is so popular in WWE because the usual WWE trolls used to mock him when he was on the indies saying all he does is chop people really hard as if that were a bad thing.

I’m glad we don’t live in a world where it would happen but it would be funny to see so many people do an about face about Orange Cassidy if he went to WWE

Tampa Bae
Aug 23, 2021

Please, this is all I have
It's WWE tribe mentality. Same reason why Sasha Banks was the greatest women's wrestler of all time until she quit. Now it's Flair even though she's only on the shows like a quarter of the year.

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

AEW does the velcro on at least the current women's belt but also uses snaps. So you can either snap it up or leave it unsnapped and can easily remove it on TV.

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.

Tampa Bae posted:

It's WWE tribe mentality. Same reason why Sasha Banks was the greatest women's wrestler of all time until she quit. Now it's Flair even though she's only on the shows like a quarter of the year.

and she is the third best of the horsewomen still on the roster, and outranked by others - Asuka, Io, Rhea

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010
https://twitter.com/TripleH/status/1694840084091023529?t=u2TGRol-TEbjpjiGll20NQ&s=19

YourHumbleMessiah
Oct 11, 2005

Holy gently caress

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

I demand to be taken seriously

:aronrex:

jesus gently caress, condolences to his family and friends.

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

wow

TV Zombie
Sep 6, 2011

Burying all the trauma from past nights
Burying my anger in the past

What the

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Oh gently caress :(