Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Old Surly
Dec 8, 2004

and all of your troubles are solved and gone
Do we have a time for the surrender yet or is it a generic "this evening"

edit: of course I find it after posting "6:45pm to 9:00pm eastern"

Old Surly fucked around with this message at 16:43 on Aug 24, 2023

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

nullandvoid
Mar 7, 2006

Look, the Mona Lisa's not a better painting, it's merely a more famous one, and it was made more famous because it was stolen. And this was stolen, so...

BDawg posted:

Attorney friend of mine says Sadow is the only mob lawyer he knows in Atlanta.

Well here's an article from 2001, where he is the defense in a mob trial.

https://www.latimes.com/archives/la-xpm-2001-may-29-mn-3794-story.html

Maybe it's not the case but I usually expect a defense attorney for the mob to be somehow tied to the mob.

The article posted:

There’s no doubt testimony has been entertaining, but it’s not clear how much it’s helped the government’s case. “Lil’ Joey” Gross’ statements last week were part of a strategy to prove Kaplan used mob muscle to expand his business and hush people up. Other witnesses have shown pictures of Kaplan with Mafiosi and said he once owned a pizza shop with a known wise guy, or mobster.

But, said defense lawyer Steve Sadow: “All they’ve really done is proved my client went to dinner with people like [imprisoned mobster] John Gotti. And whether or not the FBI approves, you’re allowed to be friends with John Gotti.”

BDawg
May 19, 2004

In Full Stereo Symphony

KillHour posted:

Only mob lawyer your friend knows or only mob lawyer Trump knows?

Only one my friend knows of in Atlanta.

OgNar
Oct 26, 2002

They tapdance not, neither do they fart
Airspace has been closed by the FAA tonight when Trump turns himself in according to Newsweek.

Inferior Third Season
Jan 15, 2005

How did the "negotiations" from a few days ago turn out? Are we getting a mugshot and weight tonight?

Morroque
Mar 6, 2013
Is there any particular logic for why they want the airspace clear? I doubt they are acting in a publicist role for him in preventing any newscopter overheads, so there is probably some other reason for it.

Morroque fucked around with this message at 07:30 on Mar 7, 2024

Judgy Fucker
Mar 24, 2006

LMAO at closing the airspace around ATL, good grief. Have fun with that

gregday
May 23, 2003

https://twitter.com/kyledcheney/status/1694752955193348413

InsertPotPun
Apr 16, 2018

Pissy Bitch stan

Inferior Third Season posted:

How did the "negotiations" from a few days ago turn out? Are we getting a mugshot and weight tonight?
the faithful believe a mugshot is coming, anything else is heresy and will be punished.

height and weight are self reported so trump is 7"9' and 198lbs

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

gregday posted:

Trevian was Kanye’s publicist.

And R Kelly’s.

Tony Phillips
Feb 9, 2006
I want to be a fly on the wall in a New York Post writers room as they spitball the snarkiest poo poo possible for a Trump mugshot and weight headline.

arbybaconator
Dec 18, 2007

All hat and no cattle

What are the chances this actually happens?

Quorum
Sep 24, 2014

REMIND ME AGAIN HOW THE LITTLE HORSE-SHAPED ONES MOVE?

arbybaconator posted:

Approximately the same as the chances that Trump gets his proposed trial date of "the heat death of the universe minus one day," but it's a good start to negotiation.

Nitrousoxide
May 30, 2011

do not buy a oneplus phone

arbybaconator posted:

I doubt that exact date will be it. Since one of the defendants are making a request for a speedy trial the court will have to try to accommodate that since there's a constitutional right to one. I guess they could split out that defendant into their own case? Or move things a bit later for the sake of the other defendants.

It's certainly a good argument for having a trial early to counter super late trial dates from the likes of Trump.

Ms Adequate
Oct 30, 2011

Baby even when I'm dead and gone
You will always be my only one, my only one
When the night is calling
No matter who I become
You will always be my only one, my only one, my only one

They're closing the airspace in Atlanta, Georgia??? Are they touched in the head? The only cities more disruptive would be NYC and London! Do they think someone is going to 9/11 the Fulton County jail or something??

Ms Adequate fucked around with this message at 04:39 on Dec 30, 2023

Mooseontheloose
May 13, 2003

Ms Adequate posted:

They're closing the airspace in Atlanta, Georgia??? Are they touched in the head? The only cities more disruptive would be MYC and London! Do they think someone is going to 9/11 the Fulton County jail or something??

To be fair the former president will be there.

Kammat
Feb 9, 2008
Odd Person

Judgy Fucker posted:

LMAO at closing the airspace around ATL, good grief. Have fun with that

Oh gods, if Hartsfield gets closed off the entire country's schedule is gonna go to poo poo.

Xiahou Dun
Jul 16, 2009

We shall dive down through black abysses... and in that lair of the Deep Ones we shall dwell amidst wonder and glory forever.

Kammat posted:

Oh gods, if Hartsfield gets closed off the entire country's schedule is gonna go to poo poo.

The entire world’s schedule.

Judge Schnoopy
Nov 2, 2005

dont even TRY it, pal
They're not closing all of Atlanta good grief you goons

Just the space directly above the prison, probably to block off news choppers who will fight for "the shot". But this indicates when Trump is planned to be there!

"The Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) has imposed flight restrictions around the area above the Fulton County Jail, where the former president is due to appear for processing, from 6:45 p.m. Eastern Time to 9:00 p.m. on Thursday."

https://www.newsweek.com/donald-tru...0on%20Thursday.

Tatsuta Age
Apr 21, 2005

so good at being in trouble

thank you ken cheese bro

Fill Baptismal
Dec 15, 2008
Yeah isn’t that like the most busy airport in the whole world?

Main Paineframe
Oct 27, 2010

Ms Adequate posted:

They're closing the airspace in Atlanta, Georgia??? Are they touched in the head? The only cities more disruptive would be MYC and London! Do they think someone is going to 9/11 the Fulton County jail or something??

Not the entire city's airspace. They're closing off the airspace within one nautical mile (slightly more than one real mile) of the Fulton County Jail. That's a fairly small portion of Atlanta's 134 square miles.

https://twitter.com/sheaschrader/status/1694668523430203791

BDawg
May 19, 2004

In Full Stereo Symphony
The airport is well south of downtown.

I can't believe many planes fly directly over Atlanta anymore.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Not gonna need a chopper for that when everyone working in that jail is gonna be rushing to be the first to tmz.

mutata
Mar 1, 2003

I can't believe they rescheduled Christmas and my birthday to accommodate Trump getting fingerprinted.

OgNar
Oct 26, 2002

Jim Jordan doing his part to keep his nose orange

https://edition.cnn.com/2023/08/24/politics/house-republican-conference-trump-defense/index.html
House Judiciary Committee launches inquiry into Fulton County District Attorney Fani Willis

quote:

The Republican-led House Judiciary Committee has opened a congressional investigation into Fulton County District Attorney Fani Willis, a development that was first reported by CNN and comes the same day Trump is slated to surrender at the county jail after being charged for participating in schemes to meddle with Georgia’s 2020 election results.

The committee sent a letter to Willis on Thursday asking whether she communicated or coordinated with the Justice Department, who has indicted Trump twice on two separate cases, or used federal dollars to complete her investigation that culminated in the fourth indictment of Trump. The questions from Republicans about whether Willis used federal funding in her state-level investigation mirrors the same line of inquiry that Republicans used to probe Manhattan District Attorney Alvin Bragg, who indicted Trump in New York earlier this year for falsifying business records to cover up an alleged hush money scheme.

In the letter to Willis, House Judiciary Chairman Jim Jordan, an Ohio Republican, laid out why he believes his panel has jurisdiction over the state-level probe and accused Willis of being politically motivated, noting she set up a new campaign fundraising website days before the indictment came down and complained that she required mugshots for those charged – including Trump – which had not been the practice in his previous three indictments.

Ms Adequate
Oct 30, 2011

Baby even when I'm dead and gone
You will always be my only one, my only one
No matter who I become
You will always be my only one, my only one, my only one

Ah okay, closing just around the prison is much more reasonable!

PeterWeller
Apr 21, 2003

I told you that story so I could tell you this one.

Main Paineframe posted:

one nautical mile (slightly more than one real mile)

This is now my favorite way to explain a nautical mile.

Blue Footed Booby
Oct 4, 2006

got those happy feet

Fill Baptismal posted:

Yeah isn’t that like the most busy airport in the whole world?

It is, just for the record.

Paracaidas
Sep 24, 2016
Consistently Tedious!

nullandvoid posted:

Maybe it's not the case but I usually expect a defense attorney for the mob to be somehow tied to the mob.
Judging defense attorneys for their clientele is usually dumb and lovely, for what it's worth.

Most relevant, Sadlow recently represented one of the YSL rappers in that Georgia RICO case (his client wound up with an Alford plea)

BigglesSWE
Dec 2, 2014

How 'bout them hawks news huh!
Trump would love to brag that he’s important enough to shut down Atlanta so he’ll absolutely claim that they did lol

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

My former representative!

https://twitter.com/unusual_whales/status/1694791629666742486?s=46&t=JBd6ZXmGQ3LmWL-ineTnAA

Scratch Monkey
Oct 25, 2010

👰Proč bychom se netěšili🥰když nám Pán Bůh🙌🏻zdraví dá💪?

Xiahou Dun
Jul 16, 2009

We shall dive down through black abysses... and in that lair of the Deep Ones we shall dwell amidst wonder and glory forever.

If an image could be a thread title.

filo
Jan 27, 2004

run run run run run

Does anyone know who this Trump-orbiting guy is? Its killing me trying to figure it out.

Alterian
Jan 28, 2003

You didn't post the big one.
Crossposting

Keyser_Soze
May 5, 2009

Pillbug
Dumb Sweaty Donnie as Baron Harkonnen.

BDawg
May 19, 2004

In Full Stereo Symphony

Alterian posted:

You didn't post the big one.
Crossposting

I love they're the 60s TV show version. Perfect.

OgNar
Oct 26, 2002

Seems Trump dumped one of his lawyers today involved in this case.
Link doesnt actually say why, just that he did.

https://www.rawstory.com/trump-legal-team-2664347457/
https://twitter.com/kylegriffin1/status/1694697468498186334

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Deuce
Jun 18, 2004
Mile High Club
The restricted airspace is one mile radius not shutting down Hartsfield, you loving goons.

https://tfr.faa.gov/save_pages/detail_3_0275.html

E:F, B