Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

cruft
Oct 25, 2007

I think people are confused because you left out what the first person did.

📧📧🚪🐎👍😊

cruft fucked around with this message at 04:09 on Aug 24, 2023

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Three Olives
Apr 10, 2005

Don't forget Hitler's contributions to medicine.

cruft posted:

I think people are confused because you left out what the first person did.

Basically the same thing. It WAS weird, I guess my point is, people that aren't extremely car online seem to like the idea of a Mustang crossover.

trilobite terror
Oct 20, 2007
BUT MY LIVELIHOOD DEPENDS ON THE FORUMS!

Three Olives posted:

Not kidding, today the second homeless person did a double take of my Mach-E, pointed at the second set of doors, the Pony, smiled and gave me a thumbs up.

classic Three Olives

Three Olives
Apr 10, 2005

Ok Comboomer posted:

classic Three Olives

It is 100% true, I'm tempted to post video from my dashcam but would reveal the assassination coordinates of my office.

Elviscat
Jan 1, 2008

Well don't you know I'm caught in a trap?

cruft posted:

If people ITT haven't picked up on it yet, I am annoyed by the LEAF's utter disregard for the health of its own battery.

Still a fun car, though. I love that piece of crap.

You can still buy mine, since I'm incredibly lazy and haven't listed it yet.

YOLOsubmarine posted:

We needed to add a second car since my mom is going to be moving in with us this weekend so I went and bought this thing to go with the Mach E.

Reasonably pleasant dealer experience, especially for a Chevy. Did all of the negotiating via text so when I got there I just had to test drive and sign paperwork. Haven’t spent much time with it but it’s a pretty good little car for the money. I’m going to drive it into the ground.

Nice Bolt! Not my favorite color, but great little cars.

RE: charging, I can charge 100% at work, fiance plugs her ID.4 in every night, on weekends we don't plug either car in until Sunday night when both our batteries are flat, and we have to shuffle chargers.

I've met a few EV owners, especially of ID.4s that exclusively fast charge their cars, usually once or twice a week.

I don't know if my fiance just drives like less of a dick than I do, or VW has really pessimistic range estimates, but her ID has been returning way better efficiency than expected, which I don't think the Bolt did when she was commuting in that.

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

When asked which Pokemon he evolved into, Kamara pauses.

"Motherfucking, what's that big dragon shit? That orange motherfucker. Charizard."

Elviscat posted:

Nice Bolt! Not my favorite color, but great little cars.

Yea not my favorite color either but it was basically the only one I found with the options I wanted at a dealer who wasn’t asking for an absurd markup. I think it’ll make a great little around-town car.

The Gunslinger
Jul 24, 2004

Do not forget the face of your father.
Fun Shoe

Three Olives posted:

Not kidding, today the second homeless person did a double take of my Mach-E, pointed at the second set of doors, the Pony, smiled and gave me a thumbs up.

You probably mistook which finger they used. What a bizarre thing to make up then post.

“Homeless people everywhere love my mockee!”

Radia
Jul 14, 2021

And someday, together.. We'll shine.
the other day i was walking down the street, and some dude stopped me with both hands and gestured at my car. i turned, and there it was, my Big Beautiful Ford Mustang (TM) Mach-E (R), still as beautiful as the day i met her. when i turned back, he had a bright smile on his face.

"you're doin' good, kid. you're doin' good"

later that night i saw this guy in the news.. it turned out he was Albert Einstein...

makes you think

Nfcknblvbl
Jul 15, 2002

I, a trust fund baby, vibe with hobos.

knox_harrington
Feb 18, 2011

Running no point.

more homeless recommend the Mach-E than any other brand

trilobite terror
Oct 20, 2007
on Saturday I was trying to set up a new display in my guest bathroom (weather, news, itinerary for dinner guests, streamed content, etc) when I heard an ungodly racket from outside the window. Turns out some kids that I didn't recognize were using the condominium playground unsupervised. I did my best to discipline them from my condo and they eventually left.

That made me peckish, so I used my Google Watch to tell my husband to bring me a sandwich from the kitchen. I also told him to wear his Commander Riker pajamas for good measure. While I waited for "Number One," I used the hallway computer to dash off a quick email to the HOA about the hooligans in the playground. We live in a very multicultural community, despite it being Texas, and I would hate for one of the resident children to feel oppressed by these thugs.

Anyway, my husband finally showed up with a sandwich that was much too dry. I playfully upbraided him, and one thing led to another until we were making our way down to our 2023 Mach-E, to roleplay "Turkish Bus" in the backseat.

Unbeknownst to us, a homeless man that I had never seen before was loitering across the parking lot. I heard him say "oh god, not this rear end in a top hat again" and I was afraid that he'd seen us in our impropriety, but I did not recognize him. I quickly got out of the car and pretended to be looking for something in the backseat.

However he just pointed at the Mach E, grinned a hobo grin, and yelled "that's a mighty environmentally friendly jalopy! Hillary Clinton is my abuela!" Then he gave me two thumbs up, before disappearing into his hat, which flew away on a sudden strong breeze.

Three Olives
Apr 10, 2005

Don't tempt me to pull the dashcam video and spend time blurring a bunch of stuff.

cruft
Oct 25, 2007

Three Olives posted:

Don't tempt me to pull the dashcam video and spend time blurring a bunch of stuff.

It's not that we don't believe you. It's just weird that you posted it.

(Where "we" = "cruft")

cruft
Oct 25, 2007

Lady Radia posted:

the other day i was walking down the street, and some dude stopped me with both hands and gestured at my car. i turned, and there it was, my Big Beautiful Ford Mustang (TM) Mach-E (R), still as beautiful as the day i met her. when i turned back, he had a bright smile on his face.

"you're doin' good, kid. you're doin' good"

later that night i saw this guy in the news.. it turned out he was Albert Einstein...

makes you think

And that OP's name? Also Albert Einstein.

trilobite terror
Oct 20, 2007

Three Olives posted:

do it

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Every revolution evaporates and leaves behind only the slime of a new bureaucracy

Honestly I hadn't kept up with car news for a while and the 1st like 5 times I saw Mach-E's around I never equated the pony emblem on the front with Ford nor a Mustang and I thought it was just some new electric car company logo that I hadn't heard about yet.

Russian Bear
Dec 26, 2007

I built a mache on the ford website and it appears there is no way to get ventilated seats? Did I miss it?

Nfcknblvbl
Jul 15, 2002

Russian Bear posted:

I built a mache on the ford website and it appears there is no way to get ventilated seats? Did I miss it?

I think it's locked down to certain trims:

quote:

It’s worth noting that the Mustang Mach-E does offer heated seats as an option the Select trim level, and equips them as standard on California Route 1, Premium and GT trim levels.

trilobite terror
Oct 20, 2007

Russian Bear posted:

wait until the homeless guys get a load of this!

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

When asked which Pokemon he evolved into, Kamara pauses.

"Motherfucking, what's that big dragon shit? That orange motherfucker. Charizard."

Russian Bear posted:

Doesn’t have ventilated seats as an option.

DoubleT2172
Sep 24, 2007

"Homeless person likes my car" sure is a weird thing to be so excited about to tell a bunch of strangers on a dead gay internet forum

Wayne Knight
May 11, 2006

Yeah, but "a SECOND homeless person likes my car" is totally normal.

trilobite terror
Oct 20, 2007
a second homeless person has hit the Mach E

Three Olives
Apr 10, 2005

I'm sorry if I am guilty of caring about the homeless people's feelings. :shrug:

Literally Lewis Hamilton
Feb 22, 2005

Bro

knox_harrington
Feb 18, 2011

Running no point.

Nfcknblvbl posted:

Yep! There's a few goons (including me) here who own them. So far the manufacturers are Energica and Livewire. Zero apparently will have DCFC soon, and Ducati will likely make their MotoE production bike DCFC whenever that comes out.

I just saw a policeman ride past on a Zero earlier. Very cool if they're issuing them to the city cops.

Kia Soul Enthusias
May 9, 2004

zoom-zoom
Toilet Rascal
Volvo EM90 electric minivan coming, based on the Zeekr 9. Reveal on November 12.

https://electrek.co/2023/08/24/volvo-teases-first-100-electric-minivan-with-scandi-living-room

We need more vehicles with sliding doors!

Twerk from Home
Jan 17, 2009

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

knox_harrington posted:

I just saw a policeman ride past on a Zero earlier. Very cool if they're issuing them to the city cops.

Where is this? I've only ever seen police ride Harley-Davidson and figured it was always going to be like that.

Honky Mao
Dec 26, 2012

Kia Soul Enthusias posted:

Volvo EM90 electric minivan coming, based on the Zeekr 9. Reveal on November 12.

https://electrek.co/2023/08/24/volvo-teases-first-100-electric-minivan-with-scandi-living-room

Can't wait to be flattened to a paste by a hideous living room of a vehicle

knox_harrington
Feb 18, 2011

Running no point.

Lausanne

https://www.lausanne.ch/apps/actualites/index.php?actu_id=64500

The police here are normally on Bimmers.

Wayne Knight
May 11, 2006

oh gently caress yes. I am all over this

Tyro
Nov 10, 2009

Twerk from Home posted:

Where is this? I've only ever seen police ride Harley-Davidson and figured it was always going to be like that.

In the states it's almost always HD but occasionally I've seen BMW or Kawasaki. Europe has better options.

Tyro
Nov 10, 2009

As a middle aged dad, I am all about this

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Let's get drunk and kiss each other all night.
Ya that EM90 sounds interesting

Nfcknblvbl
Jul 15, 2002

It's about time we get a real EV minivan. I'm gonna stick to my guns with a sedan for my family of 4, we'll see how long that lasts.

KYOON GRIFFEY JR
Apr 12, 2010

Runner-up, TRP Sack Race 2021/22
I’m excited about a potential iD.buzz rival

Ornery and Hornery
Oct 22, 2020

Electric vehicles doing the electrics slide with the van doors

Russian Bear
Dec 26, 2007

YOLOsubmarine posted:

Doesn’t have ventilated seats as an option.

That’s insane for vehicle that can cost over 60k

Beffer
Sep 25, 2007
I checked inventory at my local MG dealer to see if they had an MG4 to test drive. They do. But they’re described as 4 Cylinder.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Radia
Jul 14, 2021

And someday, together.. We'll shine.

Three Olives posted:

I'm sorry if I am guilty of caring about the homeless people's feelings. :shrug:

lmfao holy poo poo