Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
How do you feel about the letter C?
Despise it.
Loathe it.
Hate it.
Ed Boon's parents were killed by the letter C section of a library and I personally, will not stand for this.
View Results

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

Liu Kang knowingly sacrificing his friends just to own Shang Tsung at the end of Aftermath was his whole plan all along so I wouldn't count him out of just being a cruel and capricious god.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Technowolf
Nov 4, 2009

Babe Magnet posted:

lol that shao and even shang tsung gets to hang out still while Baraka gets his entire race turned into a disease

Still better than Sonya, Kano, Jax, and Hanzo just straight up not existing

G-III
Mar 4, 2001

I'm interested to learn the mechanics of how timelines work in MK now.

It seems things like the existence of the one being and the formation of the realms as something not in control of the hour glass. The realms must always exist and as a result always have the possibility to merge and reform the one being.

Not sure why keep the MK tournament system in place at all but hopefully there's some level of explanation besides God Liu Kang is a dumb dumb who couldn't think of a better way so he just defaulted to what he knew.

Shinji2015
Aug 31, 2007
Keen on the hygiene and on the mission like a super technician.

Babe Magnet posted:

lol that shao and even shang tsung gets to hang out still while Baraka gets his entire race turned into a disease

Liu Kang: hmm, the Tarkata keep getting treated like an inferior race no matter what I do, so what if I just made it a disease. Surely people will treat them better, right?

*sees results*

eh, it's as good as it'll get

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

Brock! Oh, man, I'm sorry about your...

...tooth?

G-III posted:

Not sure why keep the MK tournament system in place at all but hopefully there's some level of explanation besides God Liu Kang is a dumb dumb who couldn't think of a better way so he just defaulted to what he knew.

I figure it's just like an Olympics thing that's supposed to be a good-natured (albeit violent because Outworld) meeting of cultures.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

Weird that our friendly interplanar exhibition "The Mortal Kombat" did not get many signups this year.

Sockser
Jun 28, 2007

This world only remembers the results!

Diabetic posted:

Didn't they say in that show that Shao was Raiden's brother? Also I thought Shao was an Emperor from another place that took Edenia and made it part of Outworld? Did Liu Kang really just say "gently caress Edenia you're already Outworld" ?

Seems like Liu squashed all 6 realms down to just Earthrealm and Outworld, best I can tell

Technowolf
Nov 4, 2009

Sockser posted:

Seems like Liu squashed all 6 realms down to just Earthrealm and Outworld, best I can tell

Three - Havik's bio mentions Orderrealm

Twibbit
Mar 7, 2013

Is your refrigerator running?
The tarkattans were a created race by Shang tsung originally right? I can see Liu Kang just not allowing them to be invented at first

Blackbelt Bobman
Jul 17, 2004

I don't need friends! I've been
manipulatin' you since the start!
All so I can something,
something X-Blade!

Technowolf posted:

Three - Havik's bio mentions Orderrealm

I was thinking about Edenia after the trailer. I wonder if we’ll get an explanation?

Orv
May 4, 2011

Blackbelt Bobman posted:

I was thinking about Edenia after the trailer. I wonder if we’ll get an explanation?

Isn't Edenia just a nation/kingdom in Outworld?

maruhkati
Sep 29, 2021

NAZ REID

exquisite tea posted:

The sheer number of defensive wakeup options in MK11 absolutely drove me up the wall. Don't get me wrong, I loved MK11 enough to play for like a billion hours and rank up to God (before people knew what they were doing) and Demi-God (after), but yeah. If I knock you down, then I should always, ALWAYS have the advantage. I should not have to 50/50 myself guessing if you're going to forward roll, backward roll, wakeup X, wakeup Y, delay, or just come out mashing. Combine that with certain characters getting krushing blows for something as simple as "counterhit" and whoops Shang Tsung now just did the same exact damage to you as you did to him from a full combo by literally pressing one button. "Oh but just neutral jump + back up a little + pick Jacqui" well now you've lost the entire point of getting them into the corner to begin with. Infuriating!

Anyway, I'm glad that MK1 appears to be ramping up the aggression and that even pity combos are hitting north of 30% now. Feels good.

Defense in fighting games is for boring nerds. Give me big combos and stupid mixup.

Anyway, has anyone done the Oscar Isaac Rise of Skywalker gif with Kronika yet? Because I was doing it internally.

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

The Gologle Posting Experience.

<3
Also the netherrealm still exists, since Ashrah's whole deal is tied up with it. So it's a fair bet all the realms are still around.

Blackbelt Bobman
Jul 17, 2004

All so I can something,
something X-Blade!

Orv posted:

Isn't Edenia just a nation/kingdom in Outworld?

No, it’s a separate realm that Shao Khan merged with Outworld in the og timeline. You go there in Deception’s story mode.

Smoking Crow
Feb 14, 2012

*laughs at u*

maruhkati posted:

Defense in fighting games is for boring nerds. Give me big combos and stupid mixup.

you know you can have both right

Unbound
Dec 11, 2012

Atlantis for best map

All others are bugged...
The only realm that matters is Rellim Ohcanep

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

...tooth?

A nice Easter egg I noticed from looking at Invasion Mode footage is that Johnny Cage has his own personal movie theater in his mansion with the marquee promoting "FINAL WISH 2" and "HIDDEN CRIMES." These are the same movies showing in the Streets of Gotham stage in Injustice 2.

Evil Canadian
Sep 10, 2000

No one man should have all that Psycho-Power.

Blackbelt Bobman posted:

No, it’s a separate realm that Shao Khan merged with Outworld in the og timeline. You go there in Deception’s story mode.

Edenia/Edenians is now native to outworld as of the new era.

Now why thats a thing, who knows. I asked Stephanie(aka 16 bit, NRS employee) to her face and she super dodged the question.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

Evil Canadian posted:

Yeah, I was hoping Time God Liu Kang might let Edenia be, but alas

Blackbelt Bobman
Jul 17, 2004

All so I can something,
something X-Blade!

Evil Canadian posted:

Now why thats a thing, who knows. I asked Stephanie(aka 16 bit, NRS employee) to her face and she super dodged the question.

Yeah I figured as much. Liu Kang was cutting corners by merging them by default, I suppose.

Unbound
Dec 11, 2012

Atlantis for best map

All others are bugged...

Evil Canadian posted:

Sounds like something that will be (hopefully) explained in the story then. Stephanie loves talking MK lore.

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

...tooth?

Evil Canadian posted:

My theory: if Edenia is already merged with Outworld, then Shao can't conquer it and gently caress up the royal family dynamic. Sindel can't betray Jerrod. With Jerrod dead via a different cause, Shao and Sindel can eventually end up together without turning it into a violent conquest thing.

Shinji2015
Aug 31, 2007
Keen on the hygiene and on the mission like a super technician.

Gavok posted:

My theory: if Edenia is already merged with Outworld, then Shao can't conquer it and gently caress up the royal family dynamic. Sindel can't betray Jerrod. With Jerrod dead via a different cause, Shao and Sindel can eventually end up together without turning it into a violent conquest thing.

I am interested to see what they do with Sindel, since the trailer makes her seem like she's mostly good now in story, but in game she seems mostly the same as usual.

Then again, a character behaving one way during a fight and another in story isn't unusual for NRS. MK11 Cassie was a prime example of that

Orv
May 4, 2011

Gavok posted:

With Jerrod dead via a different cause…

Liu Kang pushed him down some stairs very first thing he did in his new reality.

Jamesman
Nov 19, 2004

"First off, let me start by saying curly light blond hair does not suit Hyomin at all. Furthermore,"
Fun Shoe
Liu Kang just didn't know that Edenia and Outworld were two different realms, once. Just like he didn't know Syzoth's race were originally from Earth.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

My assumption is that the Tarkatan sickness is actually not a sickness, it's something that is causing people who were Tarkatan in the previous universe to start turning back into Fangs Clawmans, since as far as we know every single person infected with it is someone who was one in the previous universe.

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

I like that idea, it lines up with the idea that Shang Tsung is being a dickhead from another dimension again

also kombat kast is up

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

sareena kameo can summon a puddle that drains the opponent's super meter lol

sindel's got a special that makes kameo abilities have shorter cooldowns. If you EX it, it modifies the opponent's kameo, and if they try and break, it cancels it out and pops the opponent up lmao.

she has another special that, with a good enough read, locks out the opponent's kameo for a bit. With an EX you straight up steal the kameo and you get a use of one of their abilities.

Babe Magnet fucked around with this message at 18:17 on Aug 24, 2023

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Babe Magnet posted:

sareena kameo can summon a puddle that drains the opponent's super meter lol

sindel's got a special that makes kameo abilities have shorter cooldowns. If you EX it, it modifies the opponent's kameo, and if they try and break, it cancels it out and pops the opponent up lmao.

she has another special that, with a good enough read, locks out the opponent's kameo for a bit. With an EX you straight up steal the kameo and you get a use of one of their abilities.

That seems kind of insane.

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

yeah sindel looks tight

oh they're doing rain

his standing 4 is the round-the-world kick. holding it gives you a second hit that lets you combo

lmao he's got a chargable projectile, and an anti-air projectile, and can EX the anti-air to pop up for combos, and also a water bubble he can set up anywhere (or onto himself with an EX) that eats projectiles. this dude's gonna be a problem.

he can set up portals to teleport through. like an entry and an exit

also he has a ground trap that pop ups

Babe Magnet fucked around with this message at 18:24 on Aug 24, 2023

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
Rain got the Portal gun

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

rain's cool as hell

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

then use an umbrella you dipshit

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

stryker kameo can pop in behind your opponent and handcuff them (which is a reset) lmao

shao stance lasts about 7-8 seconds before it automatically teleports back into his hands. Gives him different normals, and his specials and throw change

he has a buff again

motaro kameo teleport can be used to cancel out of moves with long recovery for more combo opportunities

Babe Magnet fucked around with this message at 18:36 on Aug 24, 2023

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
Baraka looks cool

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

really love how kharacters all get little "abilities" i.e. shao kahn's whole gimmick with the axe, sindel controlling kameos, rain getting little portals to play with.

Technowolf
Nov 4, 2009

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HSAi5wTUR1A

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

Watching the Kombat Kast I think Rain the Water Wizard is indeed very cool, but maybe it's just me and my bad eyes or just the video but the actual water effects don't look that great. It's like cartoon water.

Brazilianpeanutwar
Aug 27, 2015

Spent my walletfull, on a jpeg, desolate, will croberts make a whale of me yet?
Imagine the cut to a homelander victory screen as he spunks at a full moon whilst laughing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Smoking Crow
Feb 14, 2012

*laughs at u*

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BBH_KrEFetA