Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What is the most powerful flying bug?
This poll is closed.
🦋 15 3.71%
🦇 115 28.47%
🪰 12 2.97%
🐦 67 16.58%
dragonfly 94 23.27%
🦟 14 3.47%
🐝 87 21.53%
Total: 404 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Danann
Aug 4, 2013

https://twitter.com/CsabaBStenge/status/1694248955666657625

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

your money for far right nationalists went it the mafia instead. sad

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

Cao Ni Ma posted:

Hes been isekai'd

Prigozhin is having wacky adventures with anime girls right now

Lostconfused
Oct 1, 2008

I thought only sad losers with boring lives were supposed to be isekaied.

genericnick
Dec 26, 2012

Lostconfused posted:

I thought only sad losers with boring lives were supposed to be isekaied.

might have been a sad loser at least

Delta-Wye
Sep 29, 2005
its better to burn out than fade away

BearsBearsBears
Aug 4, 2022

Putin posted:

“I have known Prigozhin for a long time, from the beginning of the 1990s,” Putin said of his former caterer. “He was a man with a complex fate. [Sometimes] he made mistakes; and [sometimes] he got the results he wanted — for himself and in response to my requests, for a common cause.”
https://www.politico.eu/article/putin-breaks-silence-over-wagner-chief-prigozhins-death-in-jet-crash/

Starsfan
Sep 29, 2007

This is what happens when you disrespect Cam Neely

wow seems like Putin is really broken up about what happened to Prigozhin, maybe it was an accident after all

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

Al-Saqr posted:

this is how the wagner types are announcing Progozhins death on telegram, with a picture of him holding a manga

Bet he’s not too fond of explosion magic anymore.

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

One Day I Will Return To Your Side.

holy poo poo Putin is an Ice Cold motherfucker lol

razorscooter
Nov 5, 2008

https://twitter.com/MissPavIichenko/status/1694464887588622494

Skaffen-Amtiskaw
Jun 24, 2023

*As the plane spins like a leaf on the wind and on fire, Priggy has inner turmoil with hinself*

We had a good thing, you stupid son of a bitch! We had Wagner. We had the Sahel. We had everything we needed, and it all ran like clockwork. You could've shut your mouth, raged on Telegram and made as much money as you ever needed. It was perfect. But, no, you just had to blow it up. You and your pride and your ego! You just had to be the man. If you'd done your job, known your place, we'd all be fine right now.

Skaffen-Amtiskaw has issued a correction as of 21:33 on Aug 24, 2023

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

Skaffen-Amtiskaw posted:

*As the plane spins like a leaf on the wind and on fire, Priggy has inner turmoil with hinself*

We had a good thing, you stupid son of a bitch! We had Wagner. We had the Sahel. We had everything we needed, and it all ran like clockwork. You could've shut your mouth, raged on Telegram and made as much money as you ever needed. It was perfect. But, no, you just had to blow it up. You and your pride and your ego! You just had to be the man. If you'd done your job, known your place, we'd all be fine right now.

lol nice

Xpforr
Sep 7, 2022

Cao Ni Ma posted:

Hes been isekai'd

.war//crimes

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy

Xpforr posted:

.war//crimes

lol

genericnick
Dec 26, 2012

Xpforr posted:

.war//crimes

Slavvy
Dec 11, 2012

Al-Saqr posted:

holy poo poo Putin is an Ice Cold motherfucker lol

Ice cold but also an incompetent loser, putin is a man of contrasts with a complex fate

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Xpforr posted:

.war//crimes

lmao

Fuligin
Oct 27, 2010

wait what the fuck??

Xpforr posted:

.war//crimes

thrd title

Boat Stuck
Apr 20, 2021

I tried to sneak through the canal, man! Can't make it, can't make it, the ship's stuck! Outta my way son! BOAT STUCK! BOAT STUCK!

Xpforr posted:

.war//crimes

gently caress

Dante80
Mar 23, 2015

Xpforr posted:

.war//crimes

Dante80
Mar 23, 2015

https://twitter.com/sentdefender/st...948%2Fpage-1800

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

It'd be really funny if Putin actually didn't do this and the Wagner coup was an op and they were actually close friends. And now Putin can't deny that he murdered his beloved friend, because otherwise he'll look weak and they could lose everything him and Prigozhin were fighting for.

Putin, crying, watching the "Putin harden your heart" song for the 10th time as he prepares to pretend that he killed his closest friend...

Skaffen-Amtiskaw
Jun 24, 2023

Ytlaya posted:

It'd be really funny if Putin actually didn't do this and the Wagner coup was an op and they were actually close friends. And now Putin can't deny that he murdered his beloved friend, because otherwise he'll look weak and they could lose everything him and Prigozhin were fighting for.

Putin, crying, watching the "Putin harden your heart" song for the 10th time as he prepares to pretend that he killed his closest friend...

Pentagon says it wasn't a shootdown, so my head canon is Putin letting Priggy off and was looking forward to meeting him again only for the plane to just fall apart, despite the safety record of that model. Now everyone sees him as an ice cold psychopath... more so.

BearsBearsBears
Aug 4, 2022

Skaffen-Amtiskaw posted:

Pentagon says it wasn't a shootdown, so my head canon is Putin letting Priggy off and was looking forward to meeting him again only for the plane to just fall apart, despite the safety record of that model. Now everyone sees him as an ice cold psychopath... more so.

I think the official story is that the plane was leaving Moscow and going to St. Petersburg when it crashed.

Best Friends
Nov 4, 2011

I feel bad for the flight attendant and crew. hell of a way to die. unless the plane was Wagner owned in which case eh

Skaffen-Amtiskaw
Jun 24, 2023

BearsBearsBears posted:

I think the official story is that the plane was leaving Moscow and going to St. Petersburg when it crashed.

Now I just think Puty changed his mind after being served a bad hot dog and decided to blow him away.

"What have I done to deserve this flat, flavourless Manhattan hot dogski?"

Slavvy
Dec 11, 2012

Dudes rock

Skaffen-Amtiskaw posted:

Looks like the Russian authorities are saying it was a bomb on the plane

Fat-Lip-Sum-41.mp3
Nov 15, 2003

my donation to the most corrupt country in "europe" was sold for cash? ridiculous

also the US govt fully expects at least 30% of all its aid to every right wing dictatorship it supports to be straight up stolen

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold

Slavvy posted:

Dudes rock

Looks like the Russian authorities are saying it was a bomb on the plane

unless the bomb was planted in/on the wing i fail to see how the plane could have remained so together

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold
though it would be extremely funny if this was just another TWA 800 and a mid-air lightening strike caused a nearly empty wing tank to explode

BearsBearsBears
Aug 4, 2022

Raskolnikov38 posted:

unless the bomb was planted in/on the wing i fail to see how the plane could have remained so together

Putting a bomb in the fuel system makes a lot of sense.

Orange Devil
Oct 1, 2010

Wullie's reign cannae smother the flames o' equality!

Skaffen-Amtiskaw posted:

Now I just think Puty changed his mind after being served a bad hot dog and decided to blow him away.

"What have I done to deserve this flat, flavourless Manhattan hot dogski?"

ski is Polish, you want ov

genericnick
Dec 26, 2012

Lmao at that CEO brain that makes you fly in a small plane though.

Dokapon Findom
Dec 5, 2022

They hated Futanari because His posts were shit.

Many such cases!

stephenthinkpad
Jan 2, 2020

Best Friends posted:

I feel bad for the flight attendant and crew. hell of a way to die. unless the plane was Wagner owned in which case eh

She worked for Prigozhin's private flight crew, probably listen to Priggozhin's war crimes in exquisite details....she was no angel.

Boat Stuck
Apr 20, 2021

I tried to sneak through the canal, man! Can't make it, can't make it, the ship's stuck! Outta my way son! BOAT STUCK! BOAT STUCK!

Best Friends posted:

quote:

We have to look at what those civilian casualties are- just because they're civilian doesn't make them innocent! Lets take a look at a few possibilities:

1) A civilian walking down the street to market gets killed by a cruise missile fired at the market.

2) A civilian asleep in their house is killed when their house is targetting by a smart bomb and blown up.

OK, these two are regrettable innocents being killed- but since the US doesn't make a habit of targetting markets or houses, they're very small in number!

3) A civilian working at a chemical weapon factory gets killed when the chemical weapon plant is bombed.

4) A civilian security guard at a weapons depot is killed when the weapons explode.

5) A civilian contractor repairing a tank is killed by a MOAB dropped on the unit.

6) A civilian engineer is killed when the military command center he works at is destroyed.

7) A civilian delivering snackiecakes to the baghdad bunker vending machines eats a 5,000lb bunker buster.

etc, etc. The list goes on. My point is that there are a lot of civilians directly supporting the military that aren't exactly "innocent" and would be mire rightly counted among the military casualties than civilian. I'm a civilian and work for the US military, but I acknowledge I'm also a valid military target because of what I do. And I think the vast majority of civilian casualties in this campaign will not be innocent.

Skaffen-Amtiskaw
Jun 24, 2023

Orange Devil posted:

ski is Polish, you want ov

I blame the Poles I work with and American pop culture for this.

So, it's not Apachski for the Mi-28, but Apachov? What is this bullshit?

Frosted Flake
Sep 13, 2011

Semper Shitpost Ubique

Events have overtaken it, but before this happened there was a very funny discussion elsewhere justifying flying planes into buildings to terrorize the civilian population and I was beside myself that nobody realized what they were saying.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

stephenthinkpad
Jan 2, 2020
Imagine you are the computer toucher of the Death Star IT department.