Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Fighting Trousers
May 17, 2011

Does this excite you, girl?

Gyges posted:

Nothing is more American than itching for a reason to invade Mexico.

We'll finish what we began in 1845!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ethiser
Dec 31, 2011

Real Americans want to invade Canada for their part in burning down D.C. during the war of 1812.

Byzantine
Sep 1, 2007

Ethiser posted:

Real Americans want to invade Canada for their part in burning down D.C. during the war of 1812.

Canada had nothing to do with that, it was Royal Marines shipped over from the fighting in Spain.

As such, we must invade the United Kingdom and destroy the British monarchy once and for all.

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

If you see me posting please remind me that I have Charlie Work in the reports forum to do instead

James Garfield posted:

Opinions aside Vivek was just annoying as gently caress, even if you agree with him I don't know how you could watch that and want to see him all over the news for four years.

he's a lifetime sleazeball who regularly kills used car salesmen in swordfights to absorb their power

he's also clearly been studying Trump's vibes and what loosely approximate policy planks

there's a segment of the population that's gonna be ride or die for him, especially if Trump keels over, thank God he's nonwhite or he'd be really dangerous in the current GOP

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK

Byzantine posted:

Canada had nothing to do with that, it was Royal Marines shipped over from the fighting in Spain.

As such, we must invade the United Kingdom and destroy the British monarchy once and for all.

Spain already got theirs, and so we play the long game with the Limeys.

Wayne Knight
May 11, 2006

Google Jeb Bush posted:

thank God he's nonwhite or he'd be really dangerous in the current GOP

OctaMurk
Jun 21, 2013
https://twitter.com/KevinMKruse/status/1694697227816505354?s=19

OddObserver
Apr 3, 2009

predicto posted:

That’s a pretty standard conservative view theses days.

Destroying department of education been pretty standard conservative view 25 years ago at least. And as horrible an idea it is, it's not an apocalyptically stupid like most of the list.

Riptor
Apr 13, 2003

here's to feelin' good all the time

Byzantine posted:

Agent Markle has already begun her work, be patient

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Listed height and weight: 6'3'' 215

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

FEAR MY SHARK ROCKET IT REALLY SUCKS AND BLOWS

zoux posted:

You can not be serious

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

zoux posted:

Fake mugshot
Real listing of height and weight

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Hmmm apparently the mug shot may or may not be real but

https://twitter.com/lewis_goodall/status/1694862012877082871

Young Freud
Nov 26, 2006

zoux posted:

I'm watching the CNN feed and apparently he was given a form ahead of time to fill out and the height and weight is self-reported.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Young Freud posted:

I'm watching the CNN feed and apparently he was given a form ahead of time to fill out and the height and weight is self-reported.

You don't think that the president has a better height to weight ratio than NBA superstar Donovan Mitchell?

zoux fucked around with this message at 01:08 on Aug 25, 2023

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

zoux posted:

You don't think that the president has a better height to weight ratio than NBA superstar Donovan Mitchell?

https://twitter.com/ThePrimalDino/status/1694860320873787856

Aw man

https://twitter.com/HarrenGWarding/status/1694859385665999105?t=I5nmf0D-pPmyouXDKNdNiQ&s=19

Twitter is already all over it.

yronic heroism
Oct 31, 2008

Probably just got it from a drivers license, which people, especially Trump, lie on.

alf_pogs
Feb 15, 2012

yronic heroism posted:

Probably just got it from a drivers license, which people, especially Trump, lie on.

can that motherfucker even drive? surely he has people for that

Phoix
Jul 20, 2006

I wish he would just go all in and say he's 180 or something. Just fully embrace the lie

Main Paineframe
Oct 27, 2010

zoux posted:

Where did you get this? Did it come straight from the Fulton County Sherriff's Office, or did you get it from some other site saying this was the mugshot?

Young Freud
Nov 26, 2006

https://twitter.com/PopCrave/status/1694861498731135076?s=20

Apparently this is the real one...

Main Paineframe
Oct 27, 2010

How do you know this is the real one? Where did it come from? What's the source?

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

Went on Twitter to see if there was anything new and saw a post that apparently Trump is going after Desantis for "vaccinating too many people"

It's only 8:30 but I think I've had enough Internet for the night

TGLT
Aug 14, 2009

Main Paineframe posted:

How do you know this is the real one? Where did it come from? What's the source?

Looks like some one on twitter posted it 30 minutes before CNN did

https://www.cnn.com/politics/live-news/trump-georgia-surrender-indictment-08-24-23/h_4f2ed97bfb6e6c9bd51e556c1ea0a6c0

Seph
Jul 12, 2004

Please look at this photo every time you support or defend war crimes. Thank you.

Young Freud posted:

Apparently this is the real one...

All the major news outlets are confirming this is the real one.

Rodenthar Drothman
May 14, 2013

I think I will continue
watching this twilight world
as long as time flows.
Vivek needs to listen to more Zizek.
E: aw drat I guess I forgot to update the thread. Super late.

Rodenthar Drothman fucked around with this message at 02:12 on Aug 25, 2023

BiggerBoat
Sep 26, 2007

Don't you tell me my business again.

zoux posted:

Homey said at the debate that the US Constitution is what enabled us to win the Revolutionary War and he wants a civics test for voting

Gee, I wonder who will write up said "test"? Prager University or Liberty University?

OddObserver posted:

Destroying department of education been pretty standard conservative view 25 years ago at least. And as horrible an idea it is, it's not an apocalyptically stupid like most of the list.

Yeah, the first mention I remember of it was Rick Perry (remember him?) in 2008 or so.

Civilized Fishbot
Apr 3, 2011

BiggerBoat posted:

Gee, I wonder who will write up said "test"? Prager University or Liberty University?

Same one for citizenship, so USCIS.

It's an extremely easy test, so if implemented as described the issue really wouldn't be people failing for bullshit reasons a la Jim Crow literacy tests but it would be people deciding that it's too much effort just to cast a vote. It would obviously demolish youth turnout, just because extends the process to register to vote by another 30 minutes or an hour.

The system is that there's a bank of 100 questions, you're asked 10, you have to get 6 right: https://www.uscis.gov/sites/default/files/document/questions-and-answers/100q.pdf

Shrecknet
Jan 2, 2005

I remember when that pill-mill doctor said Donald Trump was the healthiest man he'd ever seen and was 6'3" and 239 lbs in like, 2017. There is no way he's dropped 20lbs since then. For reference, here are two people, each in their respective Hall of Fame (Football, Wrestling) who are each listed as 6'3" and 239 lbs.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Angry_Ed
Mar 30, 2010

Grimey Drawer

Civilized Fishbot posted:

It's an extremely easy test, so if implemented as described the issue really wouldn't be people failing for bullshit reasons a la Jim Crow literacy tests but it would be people deciding that it's too much effort just to cast a vote. It would obviously demolish youth turnout, just because extends the process to register to vote by another 30 minutes or an hour.

The system is that there's a bank of 100 questions, you're asked 10, you have to get 6 right: https://www.uscis.gov/sites/default/files/document/questions-and-answers/100q.pdf

Do you really, really think that Republicans would allow an actual test to be made instead of some bullshit fake-rear end "1776 project" nonsense?

Young Freud
Nov 26, 2006

Seph posted:

All the major news outlets are confirming this is the real one.

Including Trump...

....who came back to Twitter just to post this.

Civilized Fishbot
Apr 3, 2011

Angry_Ed posted:

Do you really, really think that Republicans would allow an actual test to be made instead of some bullshit fake-rear end "1776 project" nonsense?

It's a test that already exists, Ramaswamy's idea is to use that test to keep people from voting. To talk about some other test is just making a voter disenfranchisement policy in order to get mad about it, instead of the actual voter disenfranchisement policy, which is too boring or unobjectionable I guess.

The actual proposal is evil because turnout is decreased by increasing the paperwork and bureaucracy associated with registering to vote. This is an important principle to understand because it's also the issue with ID requirements, limitation of same-day registration, and other policies that aren't superficially ideological but obviously skew the vote to the right.

This is like if Ramaswamy said the government will buy a King James Bible for every American and someone said, "what sucks is, it probably won't be a King James Bible, it'll probably be a poetically inert translation!"

Civilized Fishbot fucked around with this message at 03:28 on Aug 25, 2023

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo

Angry_Ed posted:

The test as described already exists and is piss easy, again as described.

That’s not to say they wouldn’t make up new bullshit but according to Vivek’s words..ah well gently caress

https://civicsquestions.com/?gclid=Cj0KCQjw_5unBhCMARIsACZyzS0-MIUh2NtWm-jFGrWu6n1qE0G7NKkoFeUvZTTqFm9OwF88pNDwoN4aAtIHEALw_wcB

You can actually take it yourself, my wife attempted to practice before realizing it as the dumbest poo poo in the world and the real challenge was social media scouring and making sure we knew each others favourite colours and movies and… full names?

Edgar Allen Ho fucked around with this message at 03:30 on Aug 25, 2023

LorneReams
Jun 27, 2003
I'm bizarre
It's the literacy tests all over again remade for a new generation!

Main Paineframe
Oct 27, 2010

Civilized Fishbot posted:

A lot of people could fail a lot of these questions if they don't go out of their way to study for it. Some of them are absolute softballs (like "What is the name of the President of the United States now?"), but questions like "How many amendments does the Constitution have?" or "What is one promise you make when you become a United States citizen?" would probably throw your average American for a loop. The difficulty can vary widely depending on which questions get asked.

VideoGameVet
May 14, 2005

It is by caffeine alone I set my bike in motion. It is by the juice of Java that pedaling acquires speed, the teeth acquire stains, stains become a warning. It is by caffeine alone I set my bike in motion.

zoux posted:

6'2.5" and 225lbs:

Staluigi
Jun 22, 2021

Every time someone starts talking about this guy i want to yell at him for getting lost in his city, then jam him in a soul gem and wave him around in dagoth ur's face like really pick a better name for this season's ron paul ok

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK

Staluigi posted:

Every time someone starts talking about this guy i want to yell at him for getting lost in his city, then jam him in a soul gem and wave him around in dagoth ur's face like really pick a better name for this season's ron paul ok

It's ok, Nerevarine. We all feel the same.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.

Main Paineframe posted:

The difficulty can vary widely depending on which questions get asked.

That's probably the point.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

James Garfield
May 5, 2012
Am I a manipulative abuser in real life, or do I just roleplay one on the Internet for fun? You decide!

Ghost Leviathan posted:

That's probably the point.

That's the regular citizenship test, almost everyone who takes it passes.

The way you rig that kind of test (see: Jim Crow literacy tests) is by making it easy but ambiguous so the officials administering it can use discretion to decide who passes.