Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Shoehead
Sep 28, 2005

Wassup, Choom?
Ya need sumthin'?
Every year I miss going to the Fringe but I miss it even more now

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

I MAY LOOK LIKE SHIT BUT IM ALSO DUMB AS FUCK

Slugworth posted:

I just finished reading the science fiction novel Dune. I'm gonna read Messiah next. What's the thread consensus on when I stop? How much more good Dune lies ahead of me? Is all the Brian Herbert stuff garbage?

Stop after Messiah if you just came for Paul. Or Stop after God Emperor if you just came for Leto, or Duncan, or if you came from watching Duncan climb a wall.

Joke Miriam
Nov 17, 2019

Bug Squash posted:

Apologies if this has been posted a few pages further back than I checked, but I was walking about town today and saw this advertisement.

Aw and I was JUST at the Fringe and saw all sorts of stuff at venues within a block of there. Didn't see the poster anywhere :argh:

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

Riot Bimbo posted:

I love

To gently caress

That pussy that enslaves me

hell, :same:

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

AdvilSmith posted:

Also, every time i see Children of Dune abbreviated as 'CoD', I always read it as 'Cod Emperor of Dune'

Call of Duney

Prolonged Panorama
Dec 21, 2007
Holy hookrat Sally smoking crack in the alley!

Modern Wormfare

Slugworth
Feb 18, 2001

If two grown men can't make a pervert happy for a few minutes in order to watch a film about zombies, then maybe we should all just move to Iran!

BeanpolePeckerwood posted:

Stop after Messiah if you just came for Paul. Or Stop after God Emperor if you just came for Leto, or Duncan, or if you came from watching Duncan climb a wall.
I'm in it for the spice.

Jewmanji
Dec 28, 2003
It’s not about the destination, it’s about the fremen we made along the way

AdvilSmith
Aug 15, 2014

Broken! Busted! Everybody has something to repair. Before buying new, let Mighty Putty fix it for you.

Medal of Honored Matres

FBS
Apr 27, 2015

The real fun of living wisely is that you get to be smug about it.

Dalmuti
Apr 8, 2007
That's actually skibidi toilet

Flakey
Apr 30, 2009

There's no need to speak. You must only concentrate and recall all your past life. When a man thinks of the past, he becomes kinder.
We have just folded space from Denmark. Many bricks in Denmark.

ChubbyChecker
Mar 25, 2018

:nice:

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Dune officially delayed until March 15

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Let's get drunk and kiss each other all night.
May the studios knife chip and shatter

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

kiimo posted:

oof

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

they're afraid.

THEY'RE AFRAID!

ArmedZombie
Jun 6, 2004

kiimo posted:

The emperor has spoken.

Bubblyblubber
Nov 17, 2014

kiimo posted:

Flakey
Apr 30, 2009

There's no need to speak. You must only concentrate and recall all your past life. When a man thinks of the past, he becomes kinder.
"The gunes were supreme in that quality the ancients called "spannungsbogen" — which is the self-imposed delay between desire for a thing and the act of reaching out to grasp that thing."

- from The Wisdom of Muad'Doob by the Princess Irulan

kalel
Jun 19, 2012

BeanpolePeckerwood posted:

they're afraid.

THEY'RE AFRAID!

lmao, close enough

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

kiimo posted:

So it was already released ?

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

Do not trust in hope- it will betray you! Only faith and hatred sustain.

long live the strikers

drunkill
Sep 25, 2007

me @ ur posting
Fallen Rib
Studio getting scared they might not have any of the stacked cast available for the press tour and red carpet

Maybe pay actors and writers and end the strike? Nah

Just spent millions in advertising and now delaying the movie

kalel
Jun 19, 2012

StashAugustine posted:

long live the strikers

DeadlyMuffin
Jul 3, 2007

StashAugustine posted:

long live the strikers

Bi-lal kaifa.

Shoehead
Sep 28, 2005

Wassup, Choom?
Ya need sumthin'?

quote:

The Fremen were supreme in that quality the ancients called "spannungsbogen" -- which is the self-imposed delay between desire for a thing and the act of reaching out to grasp that thing.

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

StashAugustine posted:

long live the strikers

Anne Frank Funk
Nov 4, 2008

Dune 2 premiere will coincide with Butlerian Jihad for real

tactlessbastard
Feb 4, 2001

Godspeed, post
Fun Shoe

The Gillman posted:

I did Dune through God Emperor last year. I’m going through them again and delivered to finish the Franks with the other two books. Heretics gets extremely horny almost right away so that’s been an interesting read.

I am rereading KSR's Mars Triology and boy does he go from YA horny to terminal old man scifi horny

Bubblyblubber
Nov 17, 2014

she spannungs my bogen till i walk without rhythm

Tigey
Apr 6, 2015

Anne Frank Funk posted:

Dune 2 premiere will coincide with Butlerian Jihad for real

Thou shalt not use thinking machines to make content with the likeness of an actor's face

Eason the Fifth
Apr 9, 2020

tactlessbastard posted:

I am rereading KSR's Mars Triology and boy does he go from YA horny to terminal old man scifi horny

Just finished KSR's Ministry for the Future. No horniness except for being horny for the idea that carbon coin and new social media will save us

:negative:

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Tune into the fireplace channel, you absolute buffoon
Ministry for the Future was probably one of his weaker books, start strong, ends with a fart.
Probably one of the less horny though so not all is lost!

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

drunkill posted:

Studio getting scared they might not have any of the stacked cast available for the press tour and red carpet

Maybe pay actors and writers and end the strike? Nah

Just spent millions in advertising and now delaying the movie

As someone who works for a studio and used to work for the studio that delayed this, you are right on wanting talent for the campaign but also things like ADR and pickups are impossible right now.

In addition to this, WB brass can't just pay the writers and end the strike on their own, as much as I would like them to. I'm Team Labor as almost everyone is, at least at my level. We're powerless

Tigey posted:

Thou shalt not use thinking machines to make content with the likeness of an actor's face

During the M3GAN campaign digital brought us this idea to have Jenna Davis come in and record her voice for hours so that they could deepfake the M3GAN doll saying anything they wanted and would control that voice forever.

The second they pitched that I knew the strike was happening. If I was her publicist, manager or agent that meeting would be over the second the words came out of their mouth.

kiimo fucked around with this message at 15:21 on Aug 25, 2023

Eason the Fifth
Apr 9, 2020
lol

https://twitter.com/joshcarlosjosh/status/1694848102971457924?s=20

kalel
Jun 19, 2012

lol

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

Puns are killing words

Renreeja
Oct 11, 2007

I read through the 5th back in the day, that 5th book I just remember snippets of. Isnt there a plot point that Duncan is in some sort of living situation with a smokin hot babe, who wants to gently caress him real bad, but if he gives in shes gonna throat chop/snap his neck as soon as he cums?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mister Speaker
May 8, 2007

WE WILL CONTROL
ALL THAT YOU SEE
AND HEAR
*extremely resigned voice*
yeah that sounds about right or something