Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves

yea ok posted:

bray's dogshit gimmicks and segments and crazy matches were so fun to watch and make fun of, and sincerely he made me laugh so much. alexa's goo, the box like structure, the red hell in cell with the giant hammer. the loving fiend. burnt to a crisp. bugs on the mat. randy orton posing in front of the burning cabin. one of a kind. dying is so cringe.

bray was stupid wrestling fun and I loved it despite the stupidity

e: or because of it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Erin M. Fiasco
Mar 21, 2013

Nothing's better than postin' in the morning!

yea ok posted:

bray's dogshit gimmicks and segments and crazy matches were so fun to watch and make fun of, and sincerely he made me laugh so much. alexa's goo, the box like structure, the red hell in cell with the giant hammer. the loving fiend. burnt to a crisp. bugs on the mat. randy orton posing in front of the burning cabin. one of a kind. dying is so cringe.

either his stuff sucked and it was a blast or it was genuinely cool and it was a blast, dude kept trying harder than anyone to do something different with wrestling and I'll love that forever

Majinfoose
Jul 26, 2007

HOLY SHIT
This vegan brisket is bussin

Man the Wyatt family is cursed.

Thoughts are with his family, no one should pass that young.

Maybe he'll get a MTN DEW Pitch Black sponsored casket.

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

“Just received a call from Walmart Employee of the Month that our Walmart family member for life has died.”

Like the guy is a son, a husband, a father! Maybe frame it that way my dude. Just a weird way to write a death announcement

It wouldn’t bother me so much if they weren’t known for being so obsessive about branding

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008

Intruder posted:

is it weirdly offputting that trips mentioned the wwe HOF in the tweet or is it me

i think he's shocked too because irs is not in the hall of fame

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

JUNGLE BOY posted:

“Just received a call from Walmart Employee of the Month that our Walmart family member for life has died.”

Like the guy is a son, a husband, a father! Maybe frame it that way my dude. Just a weird way to write a death announcement

It wouldn’t bother me so much if they weren’t known for being so obsessive about branding

I had the same thought reading that tweet lol

Big Coffin Hunter
Aug 13, 2005

JUNGLE BOY posted:

This was his last Superstar MomentTM :(

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.
I always had a soft spot for Bray in that under terrible gimmicks and thereby the gimmicks infecting actual matches and his promos and thus you get some of the worst matches, gimmicks, and angles ever, there was also a really solid Japanese obsessed wrestler with charisma that when allowed to not be a cartoon had real talent. I've always wondered how he would be outside the WWE system where his excesses could not occur and have to be on his individual merit. We'll never know, he's Luke Harper who never got to be Brodie Lee.

Conrad_Birdie
Jul 10, 2009

I WAS THERE
WHEN CODY RHODES
FINISHED THE STORY

KungFu Grip posted:

i think he's shocked too because irs is not in the hall of fame

Yeah I honestly wouldn’t give HHH credit most of the time but I think it’s this

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

Intruder posted:

bray was stupid wrestling fun and I loved it despite the stupidity

e: or because of it

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

https://twitter.com/WWEBigE/status/1694845926626480221

YourHumbleMessiah
Oct 11, 2005

Bray kept me a fan when I thought I was out of the Fandom. What a loving tragedy.

Joey McChrist
Aug 8, 2005

heartbroken for E. that's two of his closest friends gone in just a few years

Power Windows
Dec 29, 2004

Brasky used to ride upon a steed, perchance to spy a lady.

I've heard of diseases where, after a long downward slope, you feel better, then you die. Usually it's cancer, but I'm sure other diseases are that way too

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

no man deserves to go out on a mountain dew match

BodyMassageMachine
Nov 24, 2006

:yeah:

What the actual gently caress? Awful news, dogshit gimmicks and angles aside. He’s been sick a bunch lately right?

:rip: Army Tank with a Ferrari Engine :smith:

Professor Funk
Aug 4, 2008

WE ALL KNOW WHAT NEEDS TO HAPPEN
What the gently caress man

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

Bray’s original Max Cady gimmick was really good, was a big fan of it. Incredibly sad about this, he always seemed like a good guy.

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

JUNGLE BOY posted:

They're insane people and this is what being honorable looks like to them. Not mentioning WWE HOF would be like not mentioning knighthood and using the appropriate titles.

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold

yea ok posted:

people should quit dying imo

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Emergency confection port.

what the gently caress

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

he was a unique guy who had a lot of insanely ridiculous work stuff on his plate for a decade. most of it was horrible and funny and memorable and some of it was all right. for the sake of their family i'm grateful that the wrestler community is tight-knit and supportive

Sandman from ECW
Sep 6, 2011

Holy poo poo

Does that mean his last match was the Mountain Dew Pitch Black Match? What a legend.

Evil Badman
Aug 19, 2006

Skills include:
EIGHT-FOOT VERTICAL LEAP

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jHwgcWNhb6o

xbilkis
Apr 11, 2005

god qb
me
jay hova
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yxgMSo4-PDE

Whole thing is up on YouTube if anyone felt like revisiting. Holds up imo

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

Erin M. Fiasco
Mar 21, 2013

Nothing's better than postin' in the morning!

The Mania crowd singing "He's Got The Whole World In His Hands" kicked so much rear end the first time it happened. drat

Luna Was Here
Mar 21, 2013

Lipstick Apathy

the first thing i think of when i think about how rad he was. gently caress dude

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

what the hell

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

I DON'T GIVE A CRAP WHAT SHE BELIEVES THE HARRY POTTER BOOKS CHANGED MY LIFE #HUFFLEPUFF

YourHumbleMessiah posted:

Bray kept me a fan when I thought I was out of the Fandom. What a loving tragedy.

Erin M. Fiasco posted:

The Mania crowd singing "He's Got The Whole World In His Hands" kicked so much rear end the first time it happened. drat

Yup.

Digital Jedi
May 28, 2007

Fallen Rib
Holy gently caress just gently caress

Horrible news.

Soul Glo
Aug 27, 2003

Just let it shine through
fuckin bummer, man

Dimebags Brain
Feb 18, 2013

I know I've made fun of a lot of the dumb poo poo that has been the Bray in WWE saga but drat. The first Wyatts/Shield match has a legit case for being the best WWE match of all time.

Barreft
Jul 21, 2014

what.. WHAT? holy gently caress what

Blasmeister
Jan 15, 2012

2Time TRP Sack Race Champion

Absolute tragedy. Feel terrible for his family and especially those who were close with both him and Brodie. He made wrestling strange and exciting and there really wasn't anyone else doing anything quite like that in the last decade.

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

this loving sucks. I'm so sad for his wife and kids.

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real
Please. Stop dying so young…

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008

Mons Hubris
Aug 29, 2004

fanci flup :)

Well that loving sucks

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer
I don't post about WWE on this forum anymore, but I 100% still watch it. The only thing I was looking forward to anywhere near as much as Cody finally winning the big one (which there's no doubt in my mind he will) was Bray's return. I know his whole schtick wasn't for everyone, but GOD drat was it ever for me. Always has been, always will be. And now he's gone.

Thank you, Bray. You were crazy and ambitious and really really strange, but zero question one of the most creative minds in wrestling...probably ever, even if you took some big shots that didn't always land.

I just hope his family is as alright as they can be.