Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

britishbornandbread
Jul 8, 2000

You'll stumble in my footsteps
Absolutely stunned. He always got a mixed action due to his booking on here, but he was always something different from the rest of the beige crowd for better or worse. Two months younger than me, reminding me of my own mortality.

RIP Windham. You’re with Brodie Lee/Luke Harper again.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

stab
Feb 12, 2003

To you from failing hands we throw the torch, be yours to hold it high
It's real boys

fez_machine
Nov 27, 2004
poo poo

Bray's grasp exceeded his reach often but you don't see ambition like that enough in wrestling

there's a genuine love I have for what he did

fez_machine fucked around with this message at 00:09 on Aug 25, 2023

tweet my meat
Oct 2, 2013

yospos
God what a brutal loving week, rest in peace

Erin M. Fiasco
Mar 21, 2013

Nothing's better than postin' in the morning!

I was watching She's Gotta Have It and had just hit the last fifteen minutes when I checked my phone and saw the tweet and I'm just in such a strange place now. There's something so strange about how much I enjoyed that movie while also being in shock about this whole thing. I don't have words, I'm just staring blankly at my phone.

RIP. 36 years old. God.

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

he's probably about the same age as a very large portion of us dammit all

i dunno if this is a right thing to feel but i just want you idiots to know i love you all, even the ones i pretend to be mad at (and maybe sometimes am a little mad at words on my computer screen)

Ivypls
Aug 24, 2019

when you're a creative and you want to make something that's really cool, you have to be ok with the risk that it might end up really bad.

windham didn't have a perfect batting average but when he hit it went futher and higher than most people because he really seemed to have no fear about taking creative risks. he was a one of a kind dude, rip.

Mal-3
Oct 21, 2008
loving hell, man.

Liquid Communism
Mar 9, 2004

коммунизм хранится в яичках
Jesus, that's a tragedy. Dude was way too young, and has four young kids.

Dangerous Person
Apr 4, 2011

Not dead yet

Erin M. Fiasco posted:

I was watching She's Gotta Have It and had just hit the last fifteen minutes when I checked my phone and saw the tweet and I'm just in such a strange place now. There's something so strange about how much I enjoyed that movie while also being in shock about this whole thing. I don't have words, I'm just staring blankly at my phone.

RIP. 36 years old. God.

Reminds me of when I found out about Hana Kimura in the middle of a Joe Pera marathon

The Last Call
Sep 9, 2011

Rehabilitating sinner

Together again.

Kosmo Gallion
Sep 13, 2013
WWE, as lovely as they are, wouldn't dare do a fake death angle.

Rest in peace Bray Wyatt, you were a father and a husband and a son and too young to die.

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮 I wanna go home with the armadillo
Good country music from Amarillo and Abilene
Friendliest people and the prettiest women you've ever seen
𝅘𝅥𝅮
Crazy that the greatest gimmick NXT ever produced has lost 2/3 of its members in less than three years.

WeaponX
Jul 28, 2008

I watched the original Bray Wyatt promo vid from NXT like 20 times. I would go out of my way to show people both into and not into wrestling at the time. I thought it was so cool, different, and creative. And at that moment in wrestling, it really was. I couldn’t believe WWE got someone who could pull that off. Welp. RIP

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8nQuETm4gYY

BigBallChunkyTime
Nov 25, 2011

Kyle Schwarber: World Series hero, Beefy Lad, better than you.

Illegal Hen
Wasn't it reported not long ago that Bray was dealing with a "life threatening" medical issue?

LanceBurrito
Jan 6, 2013
One of the reasons why I’ll never fully get invested in WWE again is because they always stopped short before his character’s full potential got reached. A visionary. What an incredible talent.

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

That's a drat shame. 36 is no age, and he's leaving behind little kids. Always sad

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮 I wanna go home with the armadillo
Good country music from Amarillo and Abilene
Friendliest people and the prettiest women you've ever seen
𝅘𝅥𝅮
Also, is this the first active-roster WWE death since Benoit? I can’t remember any tragedies since then.

BigBallChunkyTime
Nov 25, 2011

Kyle Schwarber: World Series hero, Beefy Lad, better than you.

Illegal Hen
The Fiend was the most interesting and original thing WWE had in a long time. Bray had an excellent mind for the business and from all reports was a cool guy. This sucks.

Metroid Fitzgerald
Feb 13, 2012

B O O O O B S . . . !

Jesus loving christ

Someone please check up on Erick

Daniel Bryan
May 23, 2006

GOAT
Never connected to his character as many did but I always respected the vision he had. RIP.

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

I DON'T GIVE A CRAP WHAT SHE BELIEVES THE HARRY POTTER BOOKS CHANGED MY LIFE #HUFFLEPUFF

Edward Mass posted:

Crazy that the greatest gimmick NXT ever produced has lost 2/3 of its members in less than three years.

Wyatt Family and especially their feud with the Shield was the last time I was truly a fan of something in WWE. I went out of my way to see his stuff, Bray was incredibly creative had amazing charisma and created more genuinely memorable moments in a short period than many wrestlers create in a 25 year career.

britishbornandbread
Jul 8, 2000

You'll stumble in my footsteps
The funhouse match with Cena from the Covid Mania was genuinely weird, districting and absolutely riveting. I can’t think of too many people getting away with that level of zaniness that was just serious enough to be memorable.

super macho dude
Aug 9, 2014

I can't believe this...

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

what the gently caress

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

condolences to his family, wife, and children

Angry_Ed
Mar 30, 2010

Grimey Drawer

rare Magic card l00k posted:

he's probably about the same age as a very large portion of us dammit all

i dunno if this is a right thing to feel but i just want you idiots to know i love you all, even the ones i pretend to be mad at (and maybe sometimes am a little mad at words on my computer screen)

To be honest I was mostly just stunned about it...then I realized he was exactly my age right now and I broke. It's such a stupid thing to be the thing to trigger being upset that someone is dead but there it is.

Also because Death knows no borders, RIP to Carlos Elizondo, historic Lucha Libre promoter who among other things gave Chris Jericho his start in Mexico.

https://twitter.com/Superluchas/status/1694847044437852356

spinst
Jul 14, 2012

Oof. :(

Bray and Brodie are gone. That's mind boggling.

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

This loving sucks. No one should die in their 30s.

Roasted Donut
Aug 24, 2007

NWA WHITE POWERRR!!!!
Man, another huge bummer.

Stay safe, Erik Rowan.

Fe Vinum
Dec 17, 2013
It's sad enough to have to write an obit for someone like Terry Funk, but then imagine having to pile on an obit for someone who was 36. Jesus christ.

Power Windows
Dec 29, 2004

Brasky used to ride upon a steed, perchance to spy a lady.

https://twitter.com/kimberlasskick/status/1694846000752361660?t=MJgoyAs-yn4otgEomRfTNg&s=19

Skeezy
Jul 3, 2007

gently caress dude

Fe Vinum
Dec 17, 2013
Also someone check on Rob Naylor. What an awful week for them as well.

Insertnamehere31
Jan 23, 2012

This could be the most one-sided fight since 1973 when Ali faced an eighty-foot tall mechanical Joe Frazier. My memory isn't what it used to be, but I think the entire Earth was destroyed.

RIP, his promos and aura were one of the biggest draws to me when I was getting into wrestling. Condolences to his friends and family.

Hypocrisy
Oct 4, 2006
Lord of Sarcasm

How awful. I really liked that Firefly Funhouse match with Cena.

Gorn Myson
Aug 8, 2007

Always felt like Bray Wyatt's finest work was yet to come. I could shrug off the worst parts of his career because in the back of my mind I'm always feeling that its okay, hes got an amazing creative mind and hes got the ability to express those ideas, so one day things are going to align and it'll be something truly amazing.

His best days in his life and his career were in front of him were there and now they're not.

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Edward Mass posted:

Also, is this the first active-roster WWE death since Benoit? I can’t remember any tragedies since then.

Yes

BigBallChunkyTime posted:

Wasn't it reported not long ago that Bray was dealing with a "life threatening" medical issue?

Also since no one directly answered this, for anyone curious because they've been out of the loop with WWE or in general, yes. The timeline went something like this. Bray comes back in October 2022. Has a couple house matches in the following months, but his first and now only significant match post-return was a match against LA Knight at the Royal Rumble. He stayed on TV for a bit afterwards, and WWE started to build to Wyatt vs. Bobby Lashley at WrestleMania. Shortly before then, WWE announced Bray had some sort of illness that was going to keep him from competing. They aborted the Lashley angle. Turns out we'd never see Bray again.

News-wise, though, it was all very mysterious. My initial thought was COVID, because it seemed like it was being talked about like something that everybody was pretty confident he'd be back from eventually. Then more and more time passed. There were brief reports a couple months ago of creative differences that IDK if they were legit or not, seemed pretty flimsy to me, and then about a week ago there were reports that Bray's illness, while "career and life-threatening", was improving, and that WWE was starting to prep for his return. And now this.

Also, I urge everyone to watch this. The first promo after Bray's return. Absolute masterclass, and hits entirely differently now:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_k5_uCC5JIM

What a loving talent, man.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Digital Jedi
May 28, 2007

Fallen Rib

Hypocrisy posted:

How awful. I really liked that Firefly Funhouse match with Cena.
Full Match
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yxgMSo4-PDE