Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Liquid Communism
Mar 9, 2004

коммунизм хранится в яичках

Nitrousoxide posted:

I doubt that exact date will be it. Since one of the defendants are making a request for a speedy trial the court will have to try to accommodate that since there's a constitutional right to one. I guess they could split out that defendant into their own case? Or move things a bit later for the sake of the other defendants.

It's certainly a good argument for having a trial early to counter super late trial dates from the likes of Trump.

As far as I'm aware they can't split it under RICO charges, because they're collective rather than individual.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

OgNar posted:

Seems Trump dumped one of his lawyers today involved in this case.
Link doesnt actually say why, just that he did.

https://www.rawstory.com/trump-legal-team-2664347457/
https://twitter.com/kylegriffin1/status/1694697468498186334

Okay, I was under the impression that the dude Trump fired actually had like...a good track record. Like when I first read about him I was mildly disquieted about how he appears to be a pretty effective dirtbag.

Then again the fact that Trump fired him means he probably WAS good and didn't just coddle Trump, which is why he got fired.

Lord Hydronium
Sep 25, 2007

Non, je ne regrette rien

OgNar posted:

loving Around and Findling Out.

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

If you see me posting please remind me that I have Charlie Work in the reports forum to do instead

SamuraiFoochs posted:

Okay, I was under the impression that the dude Trump fired actually had like...a good track record. Like when I first read about him I was mildly disquieted about how he appears to be a pretty effective dirtbag.

Then again the fact that Trump fired him means he probably WAS good and didn't just coddle Trump, which is why he got fired.

"I just spent five minutes skimming the indictment and you really need to take a plea deal" "no, you're fired" "thank god"

see also, Kise on the documents case, who iirc got unfired post-indictment lol

The Question IRL
Jun 8, 2013

Only two contestants left! Here is Doom's chance for revenge...

Alterian posted:

You didn't post the big one.
Crossposting

I hope to the good Lord that he does Donnie as Caeser Romero Joker.

Crows Turn Off
Jan 7, 2008

OgNar posted:

This doesn't SEEM like a good move, but I don't know anything about how it works, so maybe this is 4D chess?

Yiggy
Sep 12, 2004

"Imagination is not enough. You have to have knowledge too, and an experience of the oddity of life."
It wasnt in wapo earlier when I checked but cable news reported that the new attorney filed a motion saying he intended to file a motion trying to separate Trumps trial out from the others because Chesebro's motion resulted in the October trial date proposal. No telling if the defendants are in cahoots, you'd assume so, but Chesebro agitating for early trial and Trump pushing as a delay possibly to split things up and complicate things for prosecution.

Lammasu
May 8, 2019

lawful Good Monster

Crows Turn Off posted:

This doesn't SEEM like a good move, but I don't know anything about how it works, so maybe this is 4D chess?

Has there ever been a recorded instance of Trump playing regular 2D chess?

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018

Lammasu posted:

Has there ever been a recorded instance of Trump playing regular 2D chess?

He plays more cerebral boardgames

TheKub
May 11, 2006

filo posted:

Does anyone know who this Trump-orbiting guy is? Its killing me trying to figure it out.

IDK, but he must be a dickhead because they've censored it in every pick.

fool of sound
Oct 10, 2012
Sounds like he intends to challenge the RICO laws themselves

The Artificial Kid
Feb 22, 2002
Plibble

Failed Imagineer posted:

He plays more cerebral boardgames

The disparity between the man in the photo and the photo of the man on the box in the photo is exquisite Trump.

The Question IRL
Jun 8, 2013

Only two contestants left! Here is Doom's chance for revenge...

Yiggy posted:

It wasnt in wapo earlier when I checked but cable news reported that the new attorney filed a motion saying he intended to file a motion trying to separate Trumps trial out from the others because Chesebro's motion resulted in the October trial date proposal. No telling if the defendants are in cahoots, you'd assume so, but Chesebro agitating for early trial and Trump pushing as a delay possibly to split things up and complicate things for prosecution.

Or the motion is a success and the trials are severed. And Chesebro gets his earlier trial and is convicted. Then he has to think does he want to get sentenced, or will he flip at this point for (a severely reduced) bit of mitigation for his sentence and agrees to testify in the much later Trump trial?

Probably won't happen, but it would be a spectacular own goal.

Old Surly
Dec 8, 2004

and all of your troubles are solved and gone
How quickly will Trump be selling merch with his mugshot? Monday? Tomorrow?

Yiggy
Sep 12, 2004

"Imagination is not enough. You have to have knowledge too, and an experience of the oddity of life."

Old Surly posted:

How quickly will Trump be selling merch with his mugshot? Monday? Tomorrow?

I thought I heard in a podcast that one of the pacs has already photoshopped a fake mugshot and has been fundraising on it.

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

If you see me posting please remind me that I have Charlie Work in the reports forum to do instead
6 foot 3, 215 pounds

glad he's been exercising and losing weight since his presidency

arbybaconator
Dec 18, 2007

All hat and no cattle

Google Jeb Bush posted:

6 foot 3, 215 pounds

Must not have been a full diaper

Slowpoke!
Feb 12, 2008

ANIME IS FOR ADULTS

SamuraiFoochs posted:

A good lawyer would get fired because they would tell Trump to stop posting about the cases, threatening witnesses, etc.

KillHour
Oct 28, 2007

Google Jeb Bush posted:

6 foot 3, 215 pounds

There's no way. I'm going to need a source.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Google Jeb Bush posted:

6 foot 3, 215 pounds

It's fun because we know the heights and weights of pro athletes, so for comparison's sake, here's a 6'3 216lb NFL player:

The coach next to him is listed at 5'11, but he's also 71 now, so probably has shrunk a lil' bit.

KillHour posted:

https://twitter.com/AnnaBower/status/1694857090991378934

Prism
Dec 22, 2007

yospos
Clearly a typo. Should be 315, not 215.

OgNar
Oct 26, 2002

They tapdance not, neither do they fart
Here's his details from the criminal search.
LOL at 100 pounds under actual weight.

https://twitter.com/RonFilipkowski/status/1694858621589291152

He's extra orange today

https://twitter.com/JoJoFromJerz/status/1694861394330444278

Caros
May 14, 2008

KillHour posted:

His source is that he made it the gently caress up.

I believe height and weight are self reported.

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus
Either the laws of physics don't apply to him or even Fulton County is giving him special treatment.

Guess which is more likely.

Involuntary Sparkle
Aug 12, 2004

Chemo-kitties can have “accidents” too!

OgNar posted:

Here's his details from the criminal search.
LOL at 100 pounds under actual weight.

https://twitter.com/RonFilipkowski/status/1694858621589291152

He's extra orange today

https://twitter.com/JoJoFromJerz/status/1694861394330444278

People saying that's fake:

https://twitter.com/3209Marry/status/1694861971986772291

Staluigi
Jun 22, 2021

Good goddamn

OgNar
Oct 26, 2002

They tapdance not, neither do they fart

Involuntary Sparkle posted:

People saying that's fake:

Yeah, it is, he has a red tie on today.
As others have said.

Crows Turn Off
Jan 7, 2008

So Trump self reported his weight like 100 pounds under his actual weight, and they just accepted it?

KillHour
Oct 28, 2007

I am one million percent certain he negotiated that they would just take his word for it instead of weighing and measuring him. I've been counting calories and seeing a personal trainer since the beginning of the year, and that's my height and weight buck rear end naked first thing in the morning after I take a dump.

But I did toxx, so I'll follow through. I'll have the receipt tomorrow :argh:

KillHour fucked around with this message at 01:30 on Aug 25, 2023

Pakistani Brad Pitt
Nov 28, 2004

Not as taciturn, but still terribly powerful...

Professor Beetus posted:

Either the laws of physics don't apply to him or even Fulton County is giving him special treatment.

Given the history of laws applying to him...

KillHour
Oct 28, 2007

Are you loving making GBS threads me Donald!? You massive piece of poo poo.

yronic heroism
Oct 31, 2008

NYT journalist Shaila Dewan posted:

Trump will use a commercial bondsman, Charles Shaw of Foster Bail Bonds, to post his $200,000 bond, the bondsman confirmed. By paying the bondsman a fee of $20,000, or 10 percent of the bond amount, Trump should be able to expedite his release, Shaw said.

Trump betting on a >10 percent chance of fleeing the country.

yronic heroism fucked around with this message at 01:17 on Aug 25, 2023

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

yo are you certain you want to post that photograph here

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Trump being 6'3", 215 is more of an absurd premise than anything Windham Rotunda aka Bray Wyatt ever came up with in pro wrestling

Trust me, that's ABSURD

(Sorry, it's bumming me out, had to get the tribute joke in there, RIP)

KillHour
Oct 28, 2007

Google Jeb Bush posted:

yo are you certain you want to post that photograph here

There are dozens of photos of me on here and at least one video with a pillow shoved up my shirt dancing like Chris Christie

Kaal
May 22, 2002

through thousands of posts in D&D over a decade, I now believe I know what I'm talking about. if I post forcefully and confidently, I can convince others that is true. no one sees through my facade.

Professor Beetus posted:

I can’t find the article, but I read one the other day that was discussing this very issue and basically the takeaway is that the Fulton County jail doesn’t care about the actual height and weight of their intakes. They just accept whatever is written on the form, and some of the other RICO members have also had absurd discrepancies in their stats.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

yronic heroism posted:

Trump betting on a >10 percent chance of fleeing the country.

Trump betting the secret service can stop someone with a baseball bat from breaking his knees.

Spiffster
Oct 7, 2009

I'm good... I Haven't slept for a solid 83 hours, but yeah... I'm good...

Lipstick Apathy

SamuraiFoochs posted:

Trump being 6'3", 215 is more of an absurd premise than anything Windham Rotunda aka Bray Wyatt ever came up with in pro wrestling

Trust me, that's ABSURD

(Sorry, it's bumming me out, had to get the tribute joke in there, RIP)

We live in a world where rotunda is gone and this piece of crap lives and has a chance to be in charge again. That’s a travesty

Ulta
Oct 3, 2006

Snail on my head ready to go.
Just a little bit of the what could have been. The biggest nerd convention in Atlanta (arguably the East coast) DragonCon, starts a week from today. 65k cosplaying nerds will descend on the city in one week. We could have had Trump booked next to Sailor Moon. There still might be something.

E: NY comic con is bigger, so Southeast

Ulta fucked around with this message at 01:25 on Aug 25, 2023

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Staluigi
Jun 22, 2021

I still just love the whole part where any booking process lets you self report. Like if i knock over a liquor store and then self report as four foot three and 650 pounds am i really just allowed to have that be the official public record of my physical attributes as recorded by the state