Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vvtfi-wkMpQ

THE FUTURE

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hand Row
May 28, 2001

Hot Diggity! posted:

Zach Tom was center with the first team offense. Hoping Meyers gets his head on straight because Tom is so good and versatile it seems like a waste to keep him there instead of RT.

More interesting they had Walker at RT instead of Yosh. Tom might just have to be the center this year since Meyers somehow seems worse.

Also I don’t care about Crosby but Carlson is gonna be bad this year. Hope I am wrong but the signs don’t look good.

Rod Hoofhearted
Jun 18, 2000

I am a ghost

Hand Row posted:

Also I don’t care about Crosby but Carlson is gonna be bad this year. Hope I am wrong but the signs don’t look good.

Yeah, it was definitely time to move on from Crosby. He looked half-dead at times last season.

Niwrad
Jul 1, 2008

xbilkis posted:

This is completely unsourced from a random Twitter account so there's a 99.9% chance it's just pure fanfiction

Yeah, this guy is a weird bullshit artist on Twitter. The Bears are real cagey on discussing injuries, so I think people are just making poo poo up at this point. The guy also posted this the other day which I just don't understand.

https://twitter.com/NFLNotify/status/1694399705286107480

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

SKELITON_BRINGING_U_ON.GIF

Hand Row posted:

More interesting they had Walker at RT instead of Yosh. Tom might just have to be the center this year since Meyers somehow seems worse.

New QB, new preferences, new cadance. The botched snap was the right call (the defense jumped), but didn't get flagged. I imagine the mechanical kinks will get worked out, so mostly I'm hoping his blocking improves.

Carlson has Rich's support so he's got mine. Dude has a cannon for a leg and has been getting more consistent through camp.

Niwrad
Jul 1, 2008

His release and footwork remind me a bit of Jimmy G. It would be cool if he could become a good backup for Fields. With these 17 game seasons, you need good backup QBs these days to hold down the fort.

Niwrad
Jul 1, 2008

Dexo posted:

His first Draft was alright though?

Velus is probably a miss but other than that, He got like 3(okay 4 but lol punters) day one starters, and while Gordon started off rough, he was clearly getting better by the end of the year, and has looked pretty good so far this year.

Hicks played decent enough backup safety when Ejax was shut down. And Carter looks like he might be a dude.

It has a chance to be better if those late round picks improve. But Gordon was one of the worst corners in football last year and has already been moved to the nickel. Velus is probably not making the team. That's not great for your 2nd and 3rd round pick. Especially when some really good receivers and offensive lineman went after them. Like Velus was taken a pick before Abraham Lucas.

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin

Niwrad posted:

Yeah, this guy is a weird bullshit artist on Twitter. The Bears are real cagey on discussing injuries, so I think people are just making poo poo up at this point. The guy also posted this the other day which I just don't understand.

This guy is completely right about this though. What the gently caress is he doing. Where are all you idiots who said "don't over pay on linemen" now?
Where will you be Saturday when the Bills get 15 minutes to break Fields' neck?

But also this account seems to think Poles is going to pull a Pace and trade for Johnathan Taylor which is dumb as poo poo who is spreading this rumor?

Sataere
Jul 20, 2005

Step 1: Start fight
Step 2: Attack straw man
Step 3: REPEAT

Do not engage with me

Niwrad posted:

I got got. :argh:

Niwrad
Jul 1, 2008

HootTheOwl posted:

This guy is completely right about this though. What the gently caress is he doing. Where are all you idiots who said "don't over pay on linemen" now?
Where will you be Saturday when the Bills get 15 minutes to break Fields' neck?

But also this account seems to think Poles is going to pull a Pace and trade for Johnathan Taylor which is dumb as poo poo who is spreading this rumor?

I think it was kind of odd that he didn't go big on the offensive line, but they did use a top-10 pick on a RT and signed one of the better young guards available. Thought they should have nabbed one of the good centers (there were a lot and they didn't cost much), but maybe he thought Whitehair was comparable and he could draft one next year. Injuries have made things look bad, but I don't think they'll have "the worst offensive line in the league".

Anyway, I'll give him the benefit of the doubt on the young guys. If the line sucks, we can throw him to the wolves.

Sataere
Jul 20, 2005

Step 1: Start fight
Step 2: Attack straw man
Step 3: REPEAT

Do not engage with me

I think people are also underselling how many guys he drafted late last year. He's made it clear he wants to build through the draft. That is what he is doing.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.

Niwrad posted:

It has a chance to be better if those late round picks improve. But Gordon was one of the worst corners in football last year and has already been moved to the nickel. Velus is probably not making the team. That's not great for your 2nd and 3rd round pick. Especially when some really good receivers and offensive lineman went after them. Like Velus was taken a pick before Abraham Lucas.

The Nickel for Eberflus is more important than being an outside corner. Like listen to how that dude talks about Slot Corners.

Like when Gordon was drafted Eberflus wanted him to play the Nickel.

But last year's roster made him play outside.

Dexo fucked around with this message at 23:41 on Aug 24, 2023

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SMzyiV7KIjw

TITTIEKISSER69
Mar 19, 2005

SAVE THE BEES
PLANT MORE TREES
CLEAN THE SEAS
KISS TITTIESS

Is Poles the one who let Arlington Hambright slip away? If so, torches and pitchforks!

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

Also generally there are almost always going to be better players than players you draft taken after you draft them, in every draft. a whole lotta teams missed out on X player taken after Y draft pick.

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin

TITTIEKISSER69 posted:

Is Poles the one who let Arlington Hambright slip away? If so, torches and pitchforks!

It's going to happen. It's A done deal. Arlington heights either pays for the sewers or else

Niwrad
Jul 1, 2008

They bought the land for $200 million and the county is not giving them any breaks on taxes. I think they're just bluffing to get some taxpayer money for the infrastructure which should absolutely not happen. Remember the McCaskeys are very cash poor since their family is essentially all failures who inherited the team.

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

the fact that they didn't have anything in place or even a classic Chicago Style Deal with the county before they spent all that money on the land is pretty funny, i'm glad though i don't want any of my tax money going to the loving chicago bears.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

R.D. Mangles posted:

the fact that they didn't have anything in place or even a classic Chicago Style Deal with the county before they spent all that money on the land is pretty funny, i'm glad though i don't want any of my tax money going to the loving chicago bears.

Isn't Arlington Heights still Cook?

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

Dexo posted:

yeah, my understanding is that the tax issues are with cook county, but this is still chicago, surely there are people in place to be paid off that the mccaskey family was too stupid to pay off.

sweet geek swag
Mar 29, 2006

Adjust lasers to FUN!

Dexo posted:

Yes.

GNU Order
Feb 28, 2011

That's a paddlin'

My sources inside the bears locker room tell me a QB controversy is brewing

TITTIEKISSER69
Mar 19, 2005

SAVE THE BEES
PLANT MORE TREES
CLEAN THE SEAS
KISS TITTIESS

Vikings released N'Keal Harry

ZombieCrew
Apr 1, 2019

TITTIEKISSER69 posted:

Vikings released N'Keal Harry

I dont understand whats wrong with that kid. I kinda feel bad for him. If he is done with nfl at least he has the rest of his life ahead of him at 25. Unlike grandpa velus at 26 with half the experience and one foot in the grave.

Hand Row
May 28, 2001

Good Will Hrunting posted:

Malik Heath making WR decisions a bit tricky lmao how many can we realistically keep?

I think he is basically a lock at this point, especially as he offers something unique that the rest don’t offer. Essentially he is the new Lazard where he is a brute with blocking and strong to the ball. If they keep 7 I think it is pretty well defined but I would expect 6 and would think Dubose will go to the PS or Wicks to IR. But who knows special teams ability always makes bottom of the roster choices murky.

SirPablo
May 1, 2004

Pillbug
https://defector.com/why-your-team-sucks-2023-green-bay-packers

https://defector.com/why-your-team-sucks-2023-detroit-lions

https://defector.com/why-your-team-sucks-2023-chicago-bears

Comfortador
Jul 31, 2003

Just give me all the 3ggs_n_b4con you have.

Wait...wait.

I worry what you just heard was...
"Give me a lot of b4con_n_3ggs."

What I said was...
"Give me all the 3ggs_n_b4con you have"

...Do you understand?

Oh man, that made me laugh so much highlighting most of my concerns with such venom, hyperbole, and humor. A true Lions fan viewpoint.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
These articles seem to come from a very angry place. I hope this "Drew Magary" fellow gets the help he needs.

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

My team is good actually

Good Will Hrunting
Oct 8, 2012

I changed my mind.
I'm not sorry.
Those articles used to be good before they were huge novels.

MediaPlayerClassic
Aug 24, 2012
As you'd suspect, the article on the Vikings is filled with both coping and optimism.

Skol. :smith:

Q_res
Oct 29, 2005

We're fucking built for this shit!
Honestly, the Lions one doesn't even feel like it's trying to be funny.

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

Good Will Hrunting posted:

Those articles used to be good before they were huge novels.

By nature they've generally had diminishing returns but the fan submissions are always the highlight.

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

https://twitter.com/ChicagoBears/status/1695148747636805880

SirPablo
May 1, 2004

Pillbug
Guess this just popped up!

https://defector.com/why-your-team-sucks-2023-minnesota-vikings

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

Really didn't expect the Bears to have the most expensive WR room in the division.

https://twitter.com/SharpFootball/status/1695155337156862373

Vikings will probably eclipse it soon if they can keep Jefferson, but still.

Hot Diggity! fucked around with this message at 20:32 on Aug 25, 2023

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

Hot Diggity! posted:

Really didn't expect the Bears to have the most expensive WR room in the division.

https://twitter.com/SharpFootball/status/1695155337156862373

I wonder where they are getting those numbers. According to OverTheCap, these are the cap numbers I am seeing: DJ Moore is 20m, Mooney & Claypool are 3m each, then uhhh.... Velus Jones is 1.2m? If it is including TEs, Kmet is 7.3m.

Obligatory: lol Baalke & the Jaguars. Yeah Christian Kirk earned his keep last year but ... oh wait, he only has an 11m cap hit this year, same for Ridley. Zay has 5m. Where the hecke are these numbers coming from? If we include TEs, Engram is 5m. lol, Agnew is 5.8m, eehhh

ghosthorse
Dec 15, 2011

...you forget so easily...

Hot Diggity! posted:

They loving better. I don’t want to experience another “we lost our star receiver but we kept Kirk!”

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

https://twitter.com/sportsrapport/status/1695125227489935536

lmao

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin

They injured Joe Reed?
drat, Flus is tough.