Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?

priznat posted:

Was she the one in charge of the Maw installation or whatever? She was described as being Tarkin’s lover right from the start in that one lol

Been like 25 years since I read this crap though

Look I find those books hilarious and I love them but even I render things down to the gems, like Lando going to the gelatinous blob horse races, Han and Kyp doing Xtreme Sports skiing, Luke fighting a Lava Dragon, Han and Leia's Kids going on a field trip to the center of the earth on Coruscant, or a giant robot spider battling a tentacle mountain. I can't he expected to remember Admiral Daala describing Tarkin's lithe naked body.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Let's get drunk and kiss each other all night.

Arc Hammer posted:

Look I find those books hilarious and I love them but even I render things down to the gems, like Lando going to the gelatinous blob horse races, Han and Kyp doing Xtreme Sports skiing, Luke fighting a Lava Dragon, Han and Leia's Kids going on a field trip to the center of the earth on Coruscant, or a giant robot spider battling a tentacle mountain. I can't he expected to remember Admiral Daala describing Tarkin's lithe naked body.

Lmao I could swear I have the image of a nude tarkin with downy pubes burned into my mind’s eye from that poo poo.

I remember the spider robot too lol

Cubone
May 26, 2011

Because it never leaves its bedroom, no one has ever seen this poster's real face.
gas thread

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993

Cubone posted:

gas thread

what if we only allowed star wars discussion once a month

NoneMoreNegative
Jul 20, 2000
GOTH FASCISTIC
PAIN
MASTER

shit wizard dad

Arc Hammer posted:

gently caress blockbusters, let Cronenberg direct more weird commercials:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tDKS0sdKM28

https://twitter.com/psychotronica_/status/1694489418155925682

Cacator
Aug 6, 2005

You're quite good at turning me on.

Zokari posted:

how exactly do you "reveal" that the 4 main characters were secretly loving each other the whole time

Do we get to see Jughead top Archie?

Beastie
Nov 3, 2006

They used to call me tricky-kid, I lived the life they wish they did.

Only SW book I can remember was when Han and Chewie were enslaved on Kessel and had to mine spice in complete darkness and there was a spice dragon!

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

gently caress yes I remember when shoe commercials were pretty wild.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

Beastie posted:

Only SW book I can remember was when Han and Chewie were enslaved on Kessel and had to mine spice in complete darkness and there was a spice dragon!

Han fucks that dragon in one of the sequels

Endless Trash
Aug 12, 2007

In Rebel Moon they’re called sightlabers

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Gonna get wider when I die
Nap Ghost
i'm just so tired of all these rebel moons

Assepoester
Jul 18, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Melman v2

Cubone posted:

gas thread
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yYmzk-SyZ-Y

Endless Trash
Aug 12, 2007

There needs to be a top 10 BotW out loving soon or they will loose subscriber

colonelwest
Jun 30, 2018

Last BotW was really let down by the boring second film that they really didn’t want to talk about. The first half was great though.

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Gonna get wider when I die
Nap Ghost
i just realized there's nothing in the bible that says a dog can't be the pope's exorcist

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
Dagnabbit

https://twitter.com/Variety/status/1694831975121490216

I know it's necessary and all, but dangit

Endless Trash
Aug 12, 2007

PostNouveau posted:

Dagnabbit

Just read the official novelization if you really want to know what happens

sure okay
Apr 7, 2006

Speaking of stikes

https://twitter.com/elainelow/status/1694798320160702815

I give it 2 more failed negotiation cycles before a long Christmas silence, and then who knows.

I hate to keep saying "blood" but I mean their disdain for creatives feels unprecedented.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

Endless Trash posted:

I know what happens Paul Atredies turns into space hitler and then his grandson is a big space worm who can't gently caress

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Gonna drive my giant worm thru the studio offices (not a euphemism)

Vakal
May 11, 2008

Endless Trash posted:

Or even better, watch the Sci-Fi channel's Dune miniseries from 2000.

billymumphrey
Mar 2, 2022

Speaking of Cronenberg, I'm off the see a film print of Videodrome tonight

henkman
Oct 8, 2008
videodrome rocks

colonelwest
Jun 30, 2018

sure okay posted:

Speaking of stikes

https://twitter.com/elainelow/status/1694798320160702815

I give it 2 more failed negotiation cycles before a long Christmas silence, and then who knows.

I hate to keep saying "blood" but I mean their disdain for creatives feels unprecedented.

I really hope they succeed and more talented writers can get a start in Hollywood from the outside, so that screenwriting doesn’t become the sole province of wealthy failsons.

colonelwest
Jun 30, 2018

PostNouveau posted:

I know what happens Paul Atredies turns into space hitler and then his grandson is a big space worm who can't gently caress

That’s the best part of books, when things really start to get weird and the whole hero’s journey is turned on it’s head. But we’ll probably never see books 2-4 adapted.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?

Beastie posted:

That's the same book series with the blob horses and Tarkin's redhead girlfriend Admiral.

Kingo Ligma
Aug 24, 2019

Ask me about calling people racist because I failed geography.
Just saw That Dick posting in another thread and went on an emotional rollercoaster. Sad, jealous, and finally happy they are finally free.

If any Weinsteins reading the thread want to turn this into content I'm happy to cross the what picket lines.

No Mods No Masters
Oct 3, 2004

That dick is in a happier place, mostly posting about wrestling. If only we all had such a joyful passion we wouldn't be in this poo poo hole

NoneMoreNegative
Jul 20, 2000
GOTH FASCISTIC
PAIN
MASTER

shit wizard dad

billymumphrey posted:

Speaking of Cronenberg, I'm off the see a film print of Videodrome tonight

Tee I printed up for myself

poisonpill
Nov 8, 2009

The only way to get huge fast is to insult a passing witch and hope she curses you with Beast-strength.

So living the Hotel Life this week and some channel is showing all the Mummy movies. That includes both the Brendan Frasier Mummy and it’s sequel, and the Tom Cruise Cummy

First off, watching a movie with commercial breaks is awful. I don’t know how I ever watched a movie this way. Second, movies used to be way more fun. The difference between the 1997 mummy and the 2017 movie is like night and day. The latter is so self serious and tries to be so edgy, it really comes off like it was written by a “deep, dark” 14 year old. Third, I really like the way both versions play with the elements that were in the original Universal Mummy movie. They took some fun creative liberties. I wish the 2017 had been this clever throughout.

Mummy 1: man this is a fun flick. Just good pacing and decent tone throughout. Knows what it’s doing. A poor man’s Raiders of the Lost Ark. Sorry to any Fraiser-heads but Brendan is NOT good in this role. He gets the comedic bits fine, but he cannot convincingly act tough or gritty to save his life. It’s laughable when he does the insouciant adventurer thing. Rachel Weiss: :h::love::swoon:

Mummy 2: garbage. Just trash. It’s got probably the most annoying kid ever. The Rock is in it for no reason and there is a ton of PS2 level CGI. The awful CGI is the most memorable part.

Tom Cummy: he was 55 when he made this and Jake Johnson must’ve been around 35. And they’re playing a pair of Corporals in the Army who loot antiquities for funny. It’s really pretty awkward to see Ol’ Tommy sleeping with women in their 20s so he can steal their map, or doing the stumbly-talking “uh bad… yes, badly bad… very bad” Whedon-adjacent thing that was huge in the 2010s. Wasn’t worth finishing. Lol that Russel Crowe is in it as Dr Jeckel/Mr. Hyde.

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something

Arc Hammer posted:

I can't he expected to remember Admiral Daala describing Tarkin's lithe naked body.

"It was like beef jerky, all the way down."

poisonpill
Nov 8, 2009

The only way to get huge fast is to insult a passing witch and hope she curses you with Beast-strength.

*bantha jerky

sweet geek swag
Mar 29, 2006

Adjust lasers to FUN!

Arc Hammer posted:

The best part was when the scientists tried to blow up Kessel with the Death Star Prototype and missed.

mallratcal
Sep 10, 2003

Kingo Ligma posted:

Just saw That Dick posting in another thread and went on an emotional rollercoaster. Sad, jealous, and finally happy they are finally free.

If any Weinsteins reading the thread want to turn this into content I'm happy to cross the what picket lines.

Did That Dick recently take a trip to Mexico?

Haptical Sales Slut
Mar 15, 2010

Age 18 to 49

PostNouveau posted:

Dagnabbit

Dammit

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

PostNouveau posted:

Dagnabbit

Right. Solidarity with the striking workers, but are there any movies to look forward to for the rest of the year? Just wondering. If not, I totally understand.

hemale in pain
Jun 5, 2010

I watched all 3 Blade movies in the last couple of days. I didn't remember Blade Trinity being so bad but goddamn does it suck. I know about all the behind the scenes drama with Snipes but the movie just looks and feels like crap too! The main badguy doesn't do anything apart from terrorise a hot topic.

This criticism is hard to put in to words but it also is one of those movies where it feels like a bunch of takes edited together? I know ALL movies are that but they shouldn't feel like that. I could almost hear a director shouting action and Ryan reynolds ad-libbing another quip.

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

PostNouveau posted:

Sounds like his grandson got owned

poisonpill
Nov 8, 2009

hemale in pain posted:

I watched all 3 Blade movies in the last couple of days. I didn't remember Blade Trinity being so bad but goddamn does it suck. I know about all the behind the scenes drama with Snipes but the movie just looks and feels like crap too! The main badguy doesn't do anything apart from terrorise a hot topic.

This criticism is hard to put in to words but it also is one of those movies where it feels like a bunch of takes edited together? I know ALL movies are that but they shouldn't feel like that. I could almost hear a director shouting action and Ryan reynolds ad-libbing another quip.

Yeah totally. It’s just genuine garbage start to finish

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kalel
Jun 19, 2012

I finished the sopranos

my review: it was good. thanks for reading