Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

SamuraiFoochs posted:

gently caress "in that company", the only person who's even on a similar wavelength that I can think of ANYWHERE is Malakai. And even then, not really. Malakai's brand is similar, but also kinda understated in comparison, for better and worse.

good point

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008

these fuckers were like $7000 and that man absolutely got at least 2 people to buy it

bare bottom pancakes
Sep 3, 2015

Production: Complete
RIP Bray Wyatt, what a terrible week this has been.

Suplex Liberace
Jan 18, 2012

drat might have to watch the shield vs the wyatts rn

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008
https://twitter.com/WrestlePurists/status/1694867540919402592

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Rare WWE W

Eat My Fuc
May 29, 2007

drat is it hard to see pictures of him smiling. In my feelings over this more than I expected. Hope people can be there for Big Red

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

I DON'T GIVE A CRAP WHAT SHE BELIEVES THE HARRY POTTER BOOKS CHANGED MY LIFE #HUFFLEPUFF

bare bottom pancakes posted:

RIP Bray Wyatt, what a terrible week this has been.

So an in memoriam card for Terry Funk right into a 10 bell salute for Bray? Gonna be a somber rear end Smackdown.

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:
no money for covid research and prevention?

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

RealityWarCriminal posted:

no money for covid research and prevention?

all profits will go to the sword spray institute

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

This is me as I make another great post

Good luck with your depression!
Whatever you thought of his various gimmicks the fact remains that he was always a loving gargantuan merch mover, WWE even let him have creative control just because he moved truckloads. He wasn't for me after the Wyatts got stale but goddamn did that man know how to make money.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
The thing I'll always remember about Bray is that he was taken off TV for several months because he was BURNED TO A CRISP by Randy Orton, which meant he was gone when Brodie passed and in the entire wake of that whole thing. He didn't wrestle another match for months, until Wrestlemania 37, and the first thing he did when he was back....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Me-jgk1gGvM&t=502s

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008
Reminder that Vince McMahon fired Bray because he said Vince's creative sucked rear end to his face and Vince called him a fat piece of poo poo

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

And it seems to me you lived your life
Like a candle in the windham

Grem
Mar 29, 2004

It's how her species communicates

God drat.. Really hope Bray gets to be happy now...

maruhkati
Sep 29, 2021

NAZ REID
He was a part of some of the stupidest, most embarrassing moments in televised wrestling history over the space of the last decade. But somehow, after each disaster he was able to dust himself off and get a lot of people to care about him again. To believe that THIS time was the time he'd finally live up to the potential they saw in him, right before the football got yanked from them again. Even though it ALWAYS fell apart, he had that special quality that made people forget all about those other times.

In this respect he understood the carny hustle better than anyone else, even more than someone like Cody.

Thirty-six, man. gently caress. COVID sucks. He should have had decades left to give.

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 46 hours!

Man, that's a hell of a lovely break to happen to anyone, let alone someone who hadn't even made it to age 40 yet. :(

Digital Jedi
May 28, 2007

Fallen Rib

KungFu Grip posted:

these fuckers were like $7000 and that man absolutely got at least 2 people to buy it

Grem
Mar 29, 2004

It's how her species communicates

Like, drat, you can say his wrestling sucked and his gimmick sucked but the dude legitimately tried to be as entertaining as he could and used his creative energy to give the fans what...he thought they wanted...sad day

Coaaab
Aug 6, 2006

Wish I was there...
the fans 1000% responded to what bray was dishing out

Psychepath
Apr 30, 2003
It's really silly now but I'm genuinely curious what the Uncle Howdy payoff would have been and if he'd gotten to team with his brother. :(

A talking coyote
Jan 14, 2020

Bray Wyatt made Seth Rollins cry and pee his pants on live television completely kneecapping his title run and forever branding him as a giant goober. Thank you Bray.

TheKingslayer
Sep 3, 2008

maruhkati posted:

He was a part of some of the stupidest, most embarrassing moments in televised wrestling history over the space of the last decade. But somehow, after each disaster he was able to dust himself off and get a lot of people to care about him again. To believe that THIS time was the time he'd finally live up to the potential they saw in him, right before the football got yanked from them again. Even though it ALWAYS fell apart, he had that special quality that made people forget all about those other times.

In this respect he understood the carny hustle better than anyone else, even more than someone like Cody.

Thirty-six, man. gently caress. COVID sucks. He should have had decades left to give.

I think one of the biggest examples of this is how many people got back on the train after they had Cena horribly embarrass him and the rest of the family after the Brock squash. I was off the train forever but obviously a lot of people came back to it.

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes

Grem posted:

Like, drat, you can say his wrestling sucked and his gimmick sucked but the dude legitimately tried to be as entertaining as he could and used his creative energy to give the fans what...he thought they wanted...sad day

guy managed to get over over multiple gimmicks when given utter trash and zero attempts to ever get a decisive win or even a storyline that stuck. i started watching with the ppv with shield vs wyatts 1 and the last wwe match I watched was his cinematic thing versus cena. i would've liked to see what he'd be able to do outside the wwe, but that's never going to happen now. it loving sucks

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

Coaaab posted:

the fans 1000% responded to what bray was dishing out

For real wwe fans loved what he was doing and that was his audience

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

"Do you want to talk to a spider, Peter?"

He was like if Danhausen could wrestle without injuring himself.

Massively over, even when he was booked like poo poo. Even when I didn’t like the work, his effort was always top notch.

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.

A talking coyote posted:

Bray Wyatt made Seth Rollins cry and pee his pants on live television completely kneecapping his title run and forever branding him as a giant goober. Thank you Bray.

Bray hit Seth with a giant hammer and then Seth got disqualified for trying to use a significantly smaller hammer in a hell in a cell no dq match

Critical
Aug 23, 2007

MJeff posted:

The thing I'll always remember about Bray is that he was taken off TV for several months because he was BURNED TO A CRISP by Randy Orton, which meant he was gone when Brodie passed and in the entire wake of that whole thing. He didn't wrestle another match for months, until Wrestlemania 37, and the first thing he did when he was back....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Me-jgk1gGvM&t=502s

ngl i thought the jack in the box entrance was pretty clever. ofc they killed it dead immediately with the box-like-structure comment

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

Bray and WWE were somehow a great match and a terrible match at the same time. When Bray’s stuff stunk, who could care? everything else on the show was incredibly boring and at least it this was stupid enough to be memorable and they let him do that.

But when Bray found moments to really shine, they would frequently pump the brakes or derail it in frustrating ways and he would only get glimpses at what he was truly capable of.

I’ll always wonder what Bray would’ve done elsewhere, like Freddy Prinze Jr’s imaginary wrestling promotion. Whatever it was you know it would have been crazy as hell

The Cameo
Jan 20, 2005

Bray will always Be Good because when given total control over his cinematic match he and Cena made a Vince “this is such good poo poo” reference complete with a Vince puppet (with devil horns, iirc?), and had a segment of that same cinematic match be like half a reference to Savage’s Most Coked Out Promo Ever and featured the old blue cage. You can’t help but love that. That match is so much just clearly what happens when you put him and Cena in a conference room with a whiteboard for like two hours and let them just brainstorm insane poo poo because they’re both goofy nerdy guys who love how insane and dumb wrestling is

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
https://twitter.com/AEW/status/1694881213872234995

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Real Recognize Real :unsmith:

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

https://twitter.com/IMPACTWRESTLING/status/1694861508604223575?s=20

Taffy Torpedo
Feb 2, 2008

...Can we have the radio?
Bray's stuff probably missed more often than it hit but even when it did it was always fun and interesting to watch. I'd take a bad Bray Wyatt gimmick match over a generic WWE main event any day.

Conrad_Birdie
Jul 10, 2009

I WAS THERE
WHEN CODY RHODES
FINISHED THE STORY

Taffy Torpedo posted:

Bray's stuff probably missed more often than it hit but even when it did it was always fun and interesting to watch. I'd take a bad Bray Wyatt gimmick match over a generic WWE main event any day.

We always had something to talk about after his matches for sure lol

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

Man, what the absolute gently caress. This is just so crazy. Got to see Bray at Mania 30 and it was such a cool loving entrance. I know the latest rounds of his gimmick were fun to laugh at, but man did he really just have “it” especially during the initial Wyatt Family run.

I still stand by the Mountain Dew match being fun as poo poo.

Wippersnapper
Nov 1, 2003

Stealing your favourite hockey teams
...in spirit.
I don’t watch WWE anymore but in the last 5ish years I always checked to see what was happening with Bray. The family debut was so good. I know people didn’t like him but his original Wyatt Family run was great and I loved that his gimmick was always more than just tough guy. Sucks to lose him.

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Ganso Bomb posted:

Man, what the absolute gently caress. This is just so crazy. Got to see Bray at Mania 30 and it was such a cool loving entrance. I know the latest rounds of his gimmick were fun to laugh at, but man did he really just have “it” especially during the initial Wyatt Family run.

I still stand by the Mountain Dew match being fun as poo poo.

I didn't realize you were there too! That entrance was loving legendary.

Also, yes it was.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Conrad_Birdie posted:

We always had something to talk about after his matches for sure lol

The red HIAC Seth match was the last time the thread felt actually alive, good or bad, about something happening onscreen, whether you saw it live in-person or on TV or pirated or via tweets

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3900597 A new discussion thread had been posted after the event and got 12 pages of responses within ten hours of the ending. It brought everyone in the sub (past and present) together in a way nothing since, even :rubby:ing at C*dy, compares to

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Wait where would that money have been going otherwise lol