Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Erin M. Fiasco
Mar 21, 2013

Nothing's better than postin' in the morning!

For all the nonsense branding, the Mountain Dew Pitch Black Match had me hyped out of my mind just seeing Bray's weird-rear end blacklight skull facepaint. It was stupid, but it was my kind of stupid horror-y nonsense. It was just fun. The last thing I saw of pro wrestling before my break was the Cena/Bray cinematic match, and then the first thing I actively sought out and saw in full was the PPV where Bray was rumored to return, and what a return it was.

Now I watch AEW every week. So I guess Bray has to be thanked for that. drat.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008

Alaois posted:

Wait where would that money have been going otherwise lol

split between him and wwe, as in they're not getting their split its all going to his family

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

Bray should have beaten Undertaker

TheKingslayer
Sep 3, 2008

JUNGLE BOY posted:

And Cena the first time.

Taffy Torpedo
Feb 2, 2008

...Can we have the radio?
The chamber match where he won the title was rad and I remember being so psyched for him and what his run was gonna be like.

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

Say what you will about his less good stuff, the people loved every second of it. Guy was unabashedly adored in every building he was in even after the worst of the Fiend nonsense.

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

i always forget that the streak had already ended when bray faced undertaker. there's just no excuse for him not winning. an all time blunder

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

NienNunb posted:

Say what you will about his less good stuff, the people loved every second of it. Guy was unabashedly adored in every building he was in even after the worst of the Fiend nonsense.

And NOBODY, and I mean absolutely nobody, can't say that the dude didn't put his whole goddamn soul into EVERYTHING he did, no matter how out there or absurd, and there's a pretty short list of guys you can say that about.

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

Quantum of Phallus posted:

agreed. his match with cena at mania during the dark days of Covid is goated imho

poo poo was loving art. this sucks yall

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

JUNGLE BOY posted:

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

JUNGLE BOY posted:

lol never had the loving decency to put the guy over but hey he whispered in his ear one time. What a piece of poo poo.

CopywrightMMXI
Jun 1, 2011

One time a guy stole some downhill skis out of my jeep and I was so mad I punched a mailbox. I'm against crime, and I'm not ashamed to admit it.

JUNGLE BOY posted:

i always forget that the streak had already ended when bray faced undertaker. there's just no excuse for him not winning. an all time blunder

Him not going over Cena at Wrestlemania 30 was such a misfire. It could have set him up as Danielson’s first major challenge.

Drakkel
May 6, 2007

IT'S LIKE I CAN TOUCH YOU!
Bray was probably the person who succeed the most in spite of WWE's dogshit creative. Covid loving sucks and it's wild that everyone just kind of collectively decided it was over and yet it's still out there ruining lives. RIP.

TheKingslayer
Sep 3, 2008

MJeff posted:

lol never had the loving decency to put the guy over but hey he whispered in his ear one time. What a piece of poo poo.

"You're the future and I see a lot in you kid... now go up for the fuckin' tombstone"

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

SamuraiFoochs posted:

I didn't realize you were there too! That entrance was loving legendary.

Also, yes it was.

Hey Mania buddy! We were in New Orleans and had tickets to Raw but not for Mania. We ended up getting incredible seats for cheap day-of because they had an “obstructed view” which just turned out to be a camera partially obscuring the ramp. Turned out to be an incredible show to be at live and we were so happy we decided to see WWE’s series finale on a whim.

Hirez
Feb 3, 2003

Weber scored 49 points?

:allears: :allears: :allears:
Randy!!!

Power Windows
Dec 29, 2004

Brasky used to ride upon a steed, perchance to spy a lady.

Drakkel posted:

Covid loving sucks and it's wild that everyone just kind of collectively decided it was over and yet it's still out there ruining lives.

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

I DON'T GIVE A CRAP WHAT SHE BELIEVES THE HARRY POTTER BOOKS CHANGED MY LIFE #HUFFLEPUFF

JUNGLE BOY posted:

He was the only person I ever thought should break the streak. It made all the sense in the world to pass the torch from spooky to spooky.

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

Ganso Bomb posted:

Hey Mania buddy! We were in New Orleans and had tickets to Raw but not for Mania. We ended up getting incredible seats for cheap day-of because they had an “obstructed view” which just turned out to be a camera partially obscuring the ramp. Turned out to be an incredible show to be at live and we were so happy we decided to see WWE’s series finale on a whim.

I was there as well. No way I was going to miss WrestleMania in my hometown where I grew up. That love performance for his entrance ruled.

MotU
Mar 6, 2007

It was like she was evicting walking garbage.
Pillbug
world lost an artist

MotU
Mar 6, 2007

It was like she was evicting walking garbage.
Pillbug
was at the izod center for the creepy kid cage match. everyone here bitched about it but watching bray wyatt live was a magnificent experience. this sucks

Bizarro Kanyon
Jan 3, 2007

Something Awful, so easy even a spaceman can do it!

Man, just rewatched that Firefly Funhouse match and it was just so different and fun for something that came about due to a pandemic.

Really weird that WWE posted the full match to YouTube just 6 days ago.

Dishwasher
Dec 5, 2006

Congratulations on not getting fit in 2011!

xbilkis posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yxgMSo4-PDE

Whole thing is up on YouTube if anyone felt like revisiting. Holds up imo

Much like M. Bison, you had to Shun Goku Satsu that man out of the league because a mere 3 count wasn't even gonna do it at that point.

Wyatt was that dude and this stinks.

Alexander Hamilton
Dec 29, 2008

DavidCameronsPig
Jun 23, 2023
Bray was always a few good weeks of writing away from being at the top and he never quite got them. And goddamn did Windham Rotunda hold up his end. This sucks.

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer
This is really, really bothering me. I loved his work so much and I'll never see any more of it, and there's no one else like him in the business. Bray was one of my top 3 favorite guys right now. Mox is obvious, then Cody for the Archetypal WWE Style Guy, and Bray for the Wild Supernatural Spooky OTT poo poo which is an aspect of wrestling I have absolutely always cherished. :(

Who will scratch my Stupid Spooky Stuff itch now? :smith:

I'll miss you, Bray.

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

I just hit the memorial thread thinking “wow that sure is a lot of people talking about Terry Funk since yesterday I wonder what’s up”

Jesus

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

SamuraiFoochs posted:

Who will scratch my Stupid Spooky Stuff itch now? :smith:

The House of Black?

Like I posted in the memorial thread, I missed most of Bray's stuff due to not watching the WWE, but even then some of the stuff I saw was legit incredible (that cinematic match vs Cena, I have no idea how they conned Vince into letting them do that), and even when his stuff was comical, it was at least interesting and different. Always had the feeling that in a better company he could've done amazing stuff, and when the WWE inexplicably cut him a few years back, I was really hoping he'd get the chance to show that in AEW or somewhere else.

But even beyond all the wrestling stuff, a father and husband dying at 36 is loving criminal. gently caress covid.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Just rewatched the Firefly Funhouse match and goddam what a masterpiece. It's such a disappointment that we never got to see any one else go through that kind of character deconstruction

ThePariah
Feb 10, 2014
One of the most creative and memorable people in wrestling for the past 10+ years, RIP Bray.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

JUNGLE BOY posted:

This was GOAT tier

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Shaman Tank Spec posted:

The House of Black?

Like I posted in the memorial thread, I missed most of Bray's stuff due to not watching the WWE, but even then some of the stuff I saw was legit incredible (that cinematic match vs Cena, I have no idea how they conned Vince into letting them do that), and even when his stuff was comical, it was at least interesting and different. Always had the feeling that in a better company he could've done amazing stuff, and when the WWE inexplicably cut him a few years back, I was really hoping he'd get the chance to show that in AEW or somewhere else.

But even beyond all the wrestling stuff, a father and husband dying at 36 is loving criminal. gently caress covid.

They're definitely the closest thing but they need to lean into it more regularly for it to really count.

Also not just gently caress COVID but gently caress those who mock people for being concerned about it. loving fuckers. gently caress.

Dr.Smasher
Nov 27, 2002

Cyberpunk 1987
Mark Crozer and the Rels in plague masks playing his entrance theme live at Wrestlemania ruled. Dude went hard on his ideas. Wrestling won't be the same without someone to go in and say 'what if a childrens' TV show, but hosed up'

Godspeed, Windham Rotunda

the sex ghost
Sep 6, 2009
36 is no age. RIP to the army tank with a Ferrari engine

CarlCX
Dec 14, 2003

My fiancee and I went to Wrestlemania 31, and it was kind of great to see how even outdoors, with the sun still up, he could still get his weird spooky poo poo across and have a stadium completely focused on it.

Ziggy Tzardust
Apr 7, 2006
Jesus, Booker found out the news while doing a radio show:

https://youtu.be/ZzQ7XfjRVnU?si=1ZcjxWHBHxj0aciU

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Ziggy Tzardust posted:

Jesus, Booker found out the news while doing a radio show:

https://youtu.be/ZzQ7XfjRVnU?si=1ZcjxWHBHxj0aciU

gently caress how awful

lomzus
Mar 18, 2009
https://twitter.com/twcworldwide/status/1694910966658728171

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

SamuraiFoochs posted:

Also not just gently caress COVID but gently caress those who mock people for being concerned about it. loving fuckers. gently caress.

100%. And also the fuckers who are already using Windham's death as a cudgel in their insane anti-vax crusades. loving ghouls the lot of them.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jHwgcWNhb6o

the best thing bray did was when he just pointed and reigns instantly speared sheamus