Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Clive?
Clive
a
Clive
View Results

SubponticatePoster
Aug 9, 2004

Every day takes figurin' out all over again how to fuckin' live.
Slippery Tilde
If anyone is unsure about AC LobosJr is currently streaming gameplay. He's a well-known Souls streamer but plays a lot of different games: https://twitch.tv/lobosjr I've been in a work meeting so I haven't kept up much.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bugblatter
Aug 4, 2003

Climbing mountains is my favorite hobby in real life, so a mountain climbing game like Jusant has my attention. Feels a bit Ico-ish which is also good.

But loving Christ another October release????

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
AC6…….it’s fuckin good. Controls beautifully. I keep dying to the first boss so I am going to sleep (slowly getting the hang of it but I’m too tired to break through)

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

I MAY LOOK LIKE SHIT BUT IM ALSO DUMB AS FUCK

Escobarbarian posted:

AC6…….it’s fuckin good. Controls beautifully. I keep dying to the first boss so I am going to sleep (slowly getting the hang of it but I’m too tired to break through)

you know what to do

Books On Tape
Dec 26, 2003

Future of the franchise
I'm playing Days Gone and what an underrated gem it is so far. This is way better than any cookie cutter Far Cry clone. I love how you actually need to worry about damaging/fueling your vehicle, and how connected the world feels. The mix of melee and guns works great. Hordes and figuring out the best way to take them out is also great fun.

Morpheus
Apr 18, 2008

My favourite little monsters
Just played some Rain World tonight and I think that's it's one of the most stressful things I've ever played.

Heavy Metal
Sep 1, 2014

America's $1 Funnyman

My brother is rocking the AC6 as we speak, he just beat the first boss. Looks good! Swords and dashing and stuff haven't been this appealing since 1979 in the Gundamu.

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

Books On Tape posted:

I'm playing Days Gone and what an underrated gem it is so far. This is way better than any cookie cutter Far Cry clone. I love how you actually need to worry about damaging/fueling your vehicle, and how connected the world feels. The mix of melee and guns works great. Hordes and figuring out the best way to take them out is also great fun.

It’s such a great game! I never ended up beating it for some reason but I’m hyped to play through it all the way with the PS5 update out now. Deacon rules he’s such a weirdo goober.

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

I MAY LOOK LIKE SHIT BUT IM ALSO DUMB AS FUCK

nobody better lay a finger on the boozeman

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Days Gone is way better than it gets credit for.

Anyways....

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Wake the dog up

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

veni veni veni posted:

Anyways....

Well they blamed the poor sales on the Woke Mob so I'm entirely fine with it getting no credit.

Phenotype
Jul 24, 2007

You must defeat Sheng Long to stand a chance.

hey PS5 friends I miss you guys but I've been stuck for over a hundred hours in baldur's gate and we can't officially talk about it here until september

how is the armored core? is it a good change of pace if I ever finish this thing?

I miss my couch and my TV I sit here at the same pc I use for work and I'm just in the same room all day but i have to baldur

Morpheus
Apr 18, 2008

My favourite little monsters
I Have No Gate and I Must Baldur

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

You've got to know, to understand,
Baby, take me by my hand,
I'll lead you to the promised land.
I played a couple of hours of days gone on + and it did absolutely nothing for me.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

ImpAtom posted:

Well they blamed the poor sales on the Woke Mob so I'm entirely fine with it getting no credit.

Sorry, I don't feed off dumb internet drama so I don't know or care about this at all.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

veni veni veni posted:

Sorry, I don't feed off dumb internet drama so I don't know or care about this at all.

Kind of odd you care about how much credit the game gets then.

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

veni veni veni posted:

Anyways....

is it though

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

bowmore posted:

is it though

It's pretty flawed but fighting hordes absolutely rips and the game world is pretty interesting and fun to explore.

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

Bugblatter posted:

Climbing mountains is my favorite hobby in real life, so a mountain climbing game like Jusant has my attention. Feels a bit Ico-ish which is also good.

But loving Christ another October release????

Jusant got a demo on PC earlier in the year and everyone I know who played it immediately put it on their wishlist. It just felt so good to climb and made me want to play Grow Home again.

dog nougat
Apr 8, 2009
It's time y'all

RichterIX
Apr 11, 2003

Sorrowful be the heart
I might be tired or having a stroke but Blasphemous 2 seems very difficult compared to the first one, or at least it's throwing low-level enemies at me pretty early on that are annoying to fight, like the guys that are "fleaman from Castlevania but without the predictable jumping pattern"

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

RichterIX posted:

I might be tired or having a stroke but Blasphemous 2 seems very difficult compared to the first one, or at least it's throwing low-level enemies at me pretty early on that are annoying to fight, like the guys that are "fleaman from Castlevania but without the predictable jumping pattern"

By the time you start running into them you should either be close to or already have your second weapon and be not far away from your third. The game really seems to want you to swap to different weapons for different foes. The big-rear end hammer/mace thing is great for those fast guys for example because it has a huge attack radius.

RichterIX
Apr 11, 2003

Sorrowful be the heart

ImpAtom posted:

By the time you start running into them you should either be close to or already have your second weapon and be not far away from your third. The game really seems to want you to swap to different weapons for different foes. The big-rear end hammer/mace thing is great for those fast guys for example because it has a huge attack radius.

In that case it appears I've gone the Wrong Way lol

Crows Turn Off
Jan 7, 2008

JBP posted:

I played a couple of hours of days gone on + and it did absolutely nothing for me.
I felt the same... and then the second part of the map opened up, and everything kinda of fell into place, and I loved the game after that. Not sure what happened, but when you get to the second area, the upgrades work, the combat clicks, the characters change from unbearable to endearing, and the huge zombie hordes add something special. It just worked somehow after that.

incorporeal
May 6, 2006

JBP posted:

It’s such a boring game and I’ll never understand why anyone likes it

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Crows Turn Off posted:

I felt the same... and then the second part of the map opened up, and everything kinda of fell into place, and I loved the game after that. Not sure what happened, but when you get to the second area, the upgrades work, the combat clicks, the characters change from unbearable to endearing, and the huge zombie hordes add something special. It just worked somehow after that.

I had a similar experience. It came out to such mediocre reception I didn't bother with it until I found a disc copy for 30 bux a couple months after it came out. Initially I thought I was gonna just gawk at it and waste some time with it, but it eventually really won me over. Being a big fan of TLOU, the tlou-esque combat (not as good but close enough to be fun) in the early game was enjoyable enough. but the power progression is pretty cool and feels like a different game by the end. In the early game just a few zombies are a problem, but in the back half they are nothing and it's more about figuring out how to kill 500 of them at a time. Also the bike is fun to drive, the buildings are all explorable (always a plus for me) and the dumb story is actually a lot of fun and grows on you. By the end I mostly loved it. Although it's probably too long and they clearly weren't able to finish some dynamic story stuff and just sort of dropped it with that mechanic unfinished.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

At 50 hours in, the only thing keeping me from saying that I think Baldurs Gate 3 might be the best game ever made is that it sounds too dramatic. I genuinely cannot think of a better game though. It's at the very least tied with the best of Fromsoft's work for my number 1 spot. This poo poo is going to ruin other RPGs for me lol. Even with really high expectations and 100s of hours in other Larian games BG3 has exceeded every expectation I had for it. It ticks every nerdy part of my brain so perfectly.

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Days Gone eventually ended up being a pretty regular 7/10 game that wasn’t worth the hate but it certainly puts its worst foot forward and takes its time getting there, also yes the director saying “our game was only hated because the woke mob didn’t like that you play as a biker guy who slaps his wife’s rear end” or whatever was really dumb and cringe

cubicle gangster
Jun 26, 2005

magda, make the tea
I'm doing a ff16 plat run, and most of the fights in NG+ are pretty breezy (arguably no more difficult than the base game, just all numbers get bigger), but gently caress me the eikon fights become a slog. The second fight against you know who that gets really big just took FIFTY minutes.

I love the game so much but they really hosed the difficulty tuning. I get what they were going for - the combat really isn't an action game, it's straight up an MMO late game where you're exclusively managing cooldowns. That's actually kind of interesting and you feel the ff14 roots, but the eikon fights drop that away back to button mashing.
I can really see what they were going for though - like ff7r had you switch characters while the atb fills, ff16 is DMC lite while abilities charge. And it has the potential for hectic cooldown management where the order you use abilities makes a vast difference.
But it's all tuned so it doesn't matter, and what made ff7r so good was the difficulty was tuned that if you didn't play it right, you got your loving rear end beat.

I still love the game, it's a real all timer. Story, narrative and the rollercoaster it takes you on, it's impeccable.

cubicle gangster fucked around with this message at 06:48 on Aug 25, 2023

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

NO MERCY, ONLY PAIN :black101:
Days Gone owns. I'm glad we didn't get a sequel. Also girls love it when you (consensually) slap dey rear end

Dewgy
Nov 10, 2005

~🚚special delivery~📦

veni veni veni posted:

Anyways....

It’s one of those rare games where the back half is way more fun than the front. Also the secret post-ending ending is a total hoot. :allears:

Johnny Postnemonic
Apr 27, 2023

I want to get online...
I need to post!

Morpheus posted:

same tbh

its made me spend days getting ready to install a bg1-2 mega mod install :negative:

Johnny Postnemonic
Apr 27, 2023

I want to get online...
I need to post!

fridge corn posted:

Days Gone owns. I'm glad we didn't get a sequel. Also girls love it when you (consensually) slap dey rear end

:hmmyes:

Fix
Jul 26, 2005

NEWT THE MOON

Morpheus posted:

I'm committed at this point. I have no choice in my time.

Bleak mech worlds aside, I gotta go with whatever provides the most gnome dong, accidentally.

Fix
Jul 26, 2005

NEWT THE MOON

Want to be clear: post launch, the devs stole my underwear.

Kazzah
Jul 15, 2011

Formerly known as
Krazyface
Hair Elf

Morpheus posted:

I've given the issue great consideration and arrived at Malder's Pate

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Fix posted:

I'm committed at this point. I have no choice in my time.

Bleak mech worlds aside, I gotta go with whatever provides the most gnome dong, accidentally.

It's loving wild to me that even though I can't wait to pick up AC6 tomorrow, part of me is just annoyed it's going to cut into my BG3 time. Like, one of my most anticipated games of the year and rn I'm kind of like "welp, guess I gotta play this now too". Don't they know I have these tadpoles to deal with?!

For real though I'm pretty excited to pick up AC6 tomorrow and it should be a good game to play alongside BG

Johnny Postnemonic
Apr 27, 2023

I want to get online...
I need to post!
edit: my bad, i forgot only one name

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Doing way better in AC now I’m not very sleepy

It’s really really good