Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

SKELITON_BRINGING_U_ON.GIF
Road biking and commuter biking are both win

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grassy Knowles
Apr 4, 2003

"The original Terminator was a gritty fucking AMAZING piece of sci-fi. Gritty fucking rock-hard MURDER!"
i agree even that lycra is sensible to wear cycling to wick sweat away before you change into your work clothes, it was essential for cycling to my cocktail waitress job.

mystes
May 31, 2006

IMO wearing lycra for biking is fine and wearing normal clothing for biking is fine.

The only thing that's dumb making anti-lycra such a strong part of your identity that you start buying $200 bike-specific shirts that look like normal clothing, but if you choose to do that that's between you and your therapist.

cat botherer
Jan 6, 2022

I am interested in most phases of data processing.
Yeah I used to road race for a lot of years and have a crapload of old kit that I wear on longer road rides and mountain biking (even though not wearing baggy shorts with lycra inside makes you gay). If I've got to change in and out of workout clothes anyway, might as well wear something that's practical and prevents chafing and I already own. I'm sure it doesn't help people not being terrified of me, but I'm always really nice.

cat botherer has issued a correction as of 17:43 on Aug 24, 2023

The Maroon Hawk
May 10, 2008

in my industry, I’m doing pretty good if sweat is all I smell of at work

…but I’m not sweaty because I ride an e-bike to work, suck it acousticailures :smug:

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

Biking long distances just because you can kicks rear end

Ensign Expendable
Nov 11, 2008

Lager beer is proof that god loves us
Pillbug

actionjackson posted:

the problem with wearing lycra but biking on the road is then cars try to kill you

They will do that whether or not you're wearing Lycra.

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

All this talk about lycra inspired me to buy another bib and jersey thank you thread

raggedphoto
May 10, 2008

I'd like to shoot you
I was chatting with a friend about bike packing and they mentioned having baggy shorts to pull over their lycra when they come into a small rural town to avoid aggression/looks from the locals. People really see red when they see lycra and it's really loving stupid. My home town radio DJ was commenting that in the summer restaurants should have shorts to offer road cyclists so you don't have some dudes dick and balls outline 2 feet from your face as they wait for their table. LOL

eeenmachine
Feb 2, 2004

BUY MORE CRABS

raggedphoto posted:

My home town radio DJ was commenting that in the summer restaurants should have shorts to offer road cyclists so you don't have some dudes dick and balls outline 2 feet from your face as they wait for their table. LOL

The gentleman doth protest too much, methinks!

Dog Case
Oct 7, 2003

Heeelp meee... prevent wildfires
A majority of people just hate a majority of other people and "clothes I don't like", "eats wrong" or "wrong mode of transportation" is a more socially acceptable explanation to hate a group of people than "looks wrong"

Also Americans are told their whole lives that they're The Most Free but when they don't actually know what that refers to they make up a whole bunch of weird Freedoms that they think they have, like "freedom to go fast" and "freedom from people I hate being in my way"

Grassy Knowles
Apr 4, 2003

"The original Terminator was a gritty fucking AMAZING piece of sci-fi. Gritty fucking rock-hard MURDER!"

Dog Case posted:

A majority of people just hate a majority of other people

i just hate that hateful majority i dont hate a maj

actionjackson
Jan 12, 2003

Ensign Expendable posted:

They will do that whether or not you're wearing Lycra.

true, fortunately I go down a river road that has a fully separated bike lane

then into the woods, away from all cars

Only registered members can see post attachments!

mazzi Chart Czar
Sep 24, 2005
Video about a cargo e-bike in new york.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RBW84HZRrcY

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018
Women are wonderful animals, they should be making music and writing novels about having a complex relationship with your mother.

500excf type r posted:

Horses shouldn't be allowed on non-horse specific trails

Fascist

Megamissen
Jul 19, 2022

any post can be a kannapost
if you want it to be

the biggest issue i have with horses is that they are very heavy and can turn paths on softer ground into sand pits

Fitzy Fitz
May 14, 2005

My biggest issue is stepping in horse poo poo

an actual frog
Mar 1, 2007

HEH, HEH, HEH!
owns.

One of the local p2p couriers in my city has invested heavily into bakfiets-style cargo e-bikes, some with bigass trailers even, and the riders absolutely send it. Speed limit's 20mph, and I'm sure those guys are no slower on their bikes than their mopeds or MCs

Troutful
May 31, 2011

I was riding in front of a lycra guy the other day, and when we got to the end of the bike path he honked his loud awooga style horn, did a U-turn and sped off back down the path. I'm sure he was just honking to alert people, but l want to believe this is how Serious Cyclists record their laps.

Peanut President
Nov 5, 2008

by Athanatos

Dog Case posted:

A majority of people just hate a majority of other people

This is actually wrong I hate everyone I meet, that's why i moved to Chicago where i can be a prick and no one can stop me. I'd live in NYC but its to expensive.

Peanut President
Nov 5, 2008

by Athanatos
Cars and pedestrians get off the fuckin road i got poo poo to do

Peanut President
Nov 5, 2008

by Athanatos
motherfuckers jogging in the bike lane gently caress you

500excf type r
Mar 7, 2013

I'm as annoying as the high-pitched whine of my motorcycle, desperately compensating for the lack of substance in my life.

Clean up your horse poo poo for starters and maybe then we can start a dialogue on if horses should be allowed on normal trails

Ensign Expendable
Nov 11, 2008

Lager beer is proof that god loves us
Pillbug
Police horses poo poo all over the bike lanes here. The cops say it's the city's job to clean it up and the city says it's the cops' job and as a result the bike lanes are full of poo poo. Trillion dollar budget and they can't afford a bucket to hang behind the horse, smh.

Fitzy Fitz
May 14, 2005

Why are horse cops even still a thing

JAY ZERO SUM GAME
Oct 18, 2005

Walter.
I know you know how to do this.
Get up.

Fitzy Fitz posted:

racism

Megamissen
Jul 19, 2022

any post can be a kannapost
if you want it to be

Fitzy Fitz posted:

My biggest issue is stepping in horse poo poo

you can generally avoid it and it quickly degrades to the point that its not that big of a deal to step in

a path on sandy ground with horse traffic on it turns into a sandy ditch and stays that way for a long time even if the horses stop going there

cat botherer
Jan 6, 2022

I am interested in most phases of data processing.
Many horse owners are fascists! The ones that aren't are still petty boug fucks. And they all drive F250s, because you need a huge vehicle and trailer to transport animals that are ostensibly a mode of transportation themselves.

Horse poo poo also spreads invasive species like a motherfucker.

evil_bunnY
Apr 2, 2003

raggedphoto posted:

I was chatting with a friend about bike packing and they mentioned having baggy shorts to pull over their lycra when they come into a small rural town to avoid aggression/looks from the locals. People really see red when they see lycra and it's really loving stupid. My home town radio DJ was commenting that in the summer restaurants should have shorts to offer road cyclists so you don't have some dudes dick and balls outline 2 feet from your face as they wait for their table. LOL
Do these people think the pad is someone’s junk? lmao

Troutful posted:

I was riding in front of a lycra guy the other day, and when we got to the end of the bike path he honked his loud awooga style horn, did a U-turn and sped off back down the path. I'm sure he was just honking to alert people, but l want to believe this is how Serious Cyclists record their laps.
dudes rock

evil_bunnY has issued a correction as of 01:10 on Aug 25, 2023

Grassy Knowles
Apr 4, 2003

evil_bunnY posted:

Do these people think the pad is someone’s junk? lmao

they definitely dont all have padding

evil_bunnY
Apr 2, 2003

Grassy Knowles posted:

eeeeeh they’re not bike bibs then, but i guess that’s not gonna stop anyone

mystes
May 31, 2006

Grassy Knowles posted:

I don't think you can buy lycra bike shorts without a chamois? That would just be compression shorts and I don't think anyone is going to wear them without something over them

Twerk from Home
Jan 17, 2009

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

Grassy Knowles posted:

I believe you've wandered into a Lululemon

Grassy Knowles
Apr 4, 2003

you’d be shocked what people are willing to put up with from temu express

but I also dont really give a poo poo if someones genitals are outlined im perfectly capable of not looking

evil_bunnY
Apr 2, 2003

Grassy Knowles posted:

but I also dont really give a poo poo if someones genitals are outlined im perfectly capable of not looking
minding your own business? in this economy?

Grassy Knowles
Apr 4, 2003

evil_bunnY posted:

minding your own business? in this economy?

i better get paid to mind someone elses business like that

Precambrian Video Games
Aug 19, 2002

Fitzy Fitz posted:

It's 2021 why don't we have centaurs yet?

Grassy Knowles
Apr 4, 2003

eXXon posted:

buddy it’s 2022

corona familiar
Aug 13, 2021

Grassy Knowles posted:

buddy it’s 2022

i hate deloreans

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

eSports Chaebol
Feb 22, 2005

Yeah, actually, gamers in the house forever,

eXXon posted:

Augbesians need to be an HSA-eligible expense imho