Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

I really enjoyed the podcast but if you find it's bringing you down then cut it loose and we'll all look forward to hearing you on F+. Be well!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
I wish I could have made it to a show. Thanks for the comedic readings

broken pixel
Dec 16, 2011

That's sad, but I completely understand. Love your stuff, Lou, and I'll gladly save it!

vote_no
Nov 22, 2005

The rush is on.
… and vote_no replies: “Do let us know where to find any future non-F+ content you release, too! The crazy content was not the draw of the podcast, and my favorite episodes were the lighter ones.”

Tex Avery
Feb 13, 2012
Godspeed, Lou. Can't blame you for wanting to hide that content. Hopefully this helps you out a bit.

I'll keep watching out for and enjoying your appearances on The F+, but please please PLEASE let us know here if you start another solo podcast.

P.S. There's still a public transit bus in Texas running around with one of your stickers on the fuel tank! It's out of the public eye, though.

ShellGame
Apr 10, 2016

stack 'em to the heavens
Extra Credit swears it was unintentional but unfortunately we have more masturbation content from Reddit. Editing schedules can be unkind.

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

I am so glad the word "gooning" finally came up in one of the two podcasts

Post poste
Mar 29, 2010
Good luck Lou, do what ya gotta do.

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.

To be fair any document involving reddit is inevitably going to descend into discussion about masturbation, that is the natural state of reddit.

LanceHunter
Nov 12, 2016

Beautiful People Club

Halfway through this one so far and I gotta say…I was expecting it to be much gayer.

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

LanceHunter posted:

Halfway through this one so far and I gotta say…I was expecting it to be much gayer.

There is in fact a bit of another instance of a dude who gets turned on looking at dudes getting turned on looking at dudes getting it on at least, that was fun

ShellGame
Apr 10, 2016

stack 'em to the heavens

LanceHunter posted:

The Semen Retention doc had a gay guy desperately looking for other gay retainers but mostly all they got was "lesbians make sense because women are hot, being gay or bisexual doesn't."

I know the communities are different but also they aren't they're all just dudes talking about jerking off on reddit.

The Vosgian Beast
Aug 13, 2011

Business is slow

LanceHunter posted:

I was hoping for more Naruto

tokin opposition
Apr 8, 2021

I don't jailbreak the androids, I set them free.

WATCH MARS EXPRESS (2023)
i'm hoping for a gayer naruto

change my name
Aug 27, 2007

Legends die but anime is forever.

RIP The Lost Otakus.

God drat it, someone submitted a document on AI waifu guys before I could finish mine

That Old Tree
Jun 24, 2012

nah

They combine readings of docs sometimes, there's still time for you to make important contributions to Lemon's blood pressure.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

AI Yi Yi

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.
Plus there could be one document for F-Plus and one for EC. I'm sure there's plenty enough material to warrant two docs worth of sad insanity.

Grei Skuring
Sep 12, 2011

:norway::thumbsup:
Hey, Lou. I still have your magnet on my fridge. Wish you the best of luck - do what you need to do. A shame that it has to come to this, but I get it.

MagpieConcept
Feb 6, 2022

Just listened to the lottery episode and have to explain to my roommates why just blurting out random numbers is the funniest thing on earth to me right now.

Also thanks for the laughs Lou, but definitely do what you need to do. Do you still stream games sometimes? I enjoyed tuning into those sometimes.

ShellGame
Apr 10, 2016

stack 'em to the heavens
Extra Credit just can't get enough talking about how bad the internet is at writing fiction.

Happy Landfill
Feb 26, 2011

I don't understand but I've also heard much worse

God, this reminds me of this dude i overheard at Rennasaince Faire* who trapped this couple in a 20 minute conversation that they were too polite to walk away from where he explained in great detail the story that he was writing that was basically just Avatar the Last Airbender, The Witcher, Shadow and a Bone, and Harry Potter all put together

*yes I am throwing rocks in my glass house, leave me alone

LanceHunter
Nov 12, 2016

Beautiful People Club

Welp, this episode is where we learn the difficult truth: Positive Stress does not dig on multiverses.

The Ghoul
Dec 8, 2011

I got a cobra for a cock and some wrought iron balls

Happy Landfill posted:

God, this reminds me of this dude i overheard at Rennasaince Faire* who trapped this couple in a 20 minute conversation that they were too polite to walk away from where he explained in great detail the story that he was writing that was basically just Avatar the Last Airbender, The Witcher, Shadow and a Bone, and Harry Potter all put together

*yes I am throwing rocks in my glass house, leave me alone

I'm starting a doc on Renn Faire swingers right now.

Happy Landfill
Feb 26, 2011

The Ghoul posted:

I'm starting a doc on Renn Faire swingers right now.

Oh gently caress yes

....God I need to join the ball pit :baduk:

Grand Fromage
Jan 30, 2006

L-l-look at you bar-bartender, a-a pa-pathetic creature of meat and bone, un-underestimating my l-l-liver's ability to metab-meTABolize t-toxins. How can you p-poison a perfect, immortal alcohOLIC?

Michael Bolt-ons

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

https://twitter.com/tomwarren/status/1701256846382645360

BBoy360!!!! Cheevos!!!!

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Fight for all that is beautiful in the world

Still waiting for the Gamer's Hip Clip

tokin opposition
Apr 8, 2021

I don't jailbreak the androids, I set them free.

WATCH MARS EXPRESS (2023)

Meowywitch posted:

Still waiting for the Gamer's Hip Clip

just plays "still alive" on loop

Akumeoy
Aug 6, 2022

extremely large and incredibly huge
Back on the topic of inexplicable fanon wikis: The Googology Wiki, despite being hosted on fandom.com, is a serious and (if you have the requisite math background) coherent place for systematically creating and describing extremely large numbers. You could argue this is a fanon wiki, but it's much more intent on adhering to the 'canon' than most of those.

What I actually want to draw attention to is the Fictional Googology Wiki, where people go to just yell nonsense into the void. A lot of insane gibberish in here, ranging from extended rants to weird stubs with a few words and symbols on them. You can go to pretty much any page and encounter something completely baffling.

Akumeoy fucked around with this message at 00:12 on Sep 22, 2023

change my name
Aug 27, 2007

Legends die but anime is forever.

RIP The Lost Otakus.

I feel like actually reading a book would have ameliorated most of the problems the people in the fantasy writing sub have. Like to the Yakuza guy, just off the top of my head Light From Uncommon Stars is about music and video games and works without namedropping Youtube links

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
None of you thought big enough. Webtoon style app with light novels and background music that plays on each page. I will accept my royalty payments by PayPal

Serious comment: I can't be too mad at people actually writing things even if their ideas are dumb. Itd be nice to push past my own stuff to get back to writing my own dumb stuff

RandomPauI fucked around with this message at 00:19 on Sep 25, 2023

Arrhythmia
Jul 22, 2011

RandomPauI posted:

None of you thought big enough. Webtoon style app with light novels and background music that plays on each page. I will accept my royalty payments by PayPal

Bad news: homestuck beat you to it.

Lumbermouth
Mar 6, 2008

GREG IS BIG NOW

RandomPauI posted:

Serious comment: I can't be too mad at people actually writing things even if their ideas are dumb. Itd be nice to push past my own stuff to get back to writing my own dumb stuff

I have good news about the people in this episode

Happy Landfill
Feb 26, 2011

Important question: has anyone on Ballpit drawn the sword?

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Akumeoy posted:

Back on the topic of inexplicable fanon wikis: The Googology Wiki, despite being hosted on fandom.com, is a serious and (if you have the requisite math background) coherent place for systematically creating and describing extremely large numbers. You could argue this is a fanon wiki, but it's much more intent on adhering to the 'canon' than most of those.

What I actually want to draw attention to is the Fictional Googology Wiki, where people go to just yell nonsense into the void. A lot of insane gibberish in here, ranging from extended rants to weird stubs with a few words and symbols on them. You can go to pretty much any page and encounter something completely baffling.

quote:

We have made 17,619 articles since December 5, 2008.

not a very big number.

MarxCarl
Jul 18, 2003

Happy Landfill posted:

Someone has attempted it. It's in the show thread, and I think you need an account to see it.

Grondoth
Feb 18, 2011

Happy Landfill posted:

It's... very difficult. I can get the hilt and the guard, once you understand that he literally wants his character to hold the thing like a pistol you can fathom that. Stupid, of course, but you can get it. But the description of the blade makes... little sense. I THINK it's supposed to be a multi-edged thing like a shaving razor? Except he talks about it being concave, so the blades would be on the inside? I don't get it.

Skanker
Mar 21, 2013

Happy Landfill posted:

I spent way too long (10 minutes) trying to visualize it and went nuts

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Malleum
Aug 16, 2014

Am I the one at fault? What about me is wrong?
Buglord
the guy did a followup post where he included photos and his own drawings of what he wanted the sword to be he sadly deleted it when everyone told him it was dumb

https://www.reddit.com/r/SWORDS/comments/xku3fb/a_much_needed_explanation_there_will_be_a_comment/

in the replies he clarifies with 1500 more words over 3 posts that are just as confusing