Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ergo Propter Hog
Jul 21, 2014

You can't confuse the two, Crowsworn is actually coming out

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

If ya’ll need a fix, get Blasphemous 2, it’s releasing today.

PantsBandit
Oct 26, 2007

it is both a monkey and a boombox

Cartoon Man posted:

Oh gently caress yeah, blasphemous owns

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

blaspha nada

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
Blasphemous silksong rumors.

That dogs got a sick sense of humor.

Nikumatic
Feb 13, 2012

a fantastic machine made of meat

Cartoon Man posted:

but doctor

i am Blasphemous 2

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
It’s Armored Core day Blasphemous will have to wait it’s turn

ymgve
Jan 2, 2004

:dukedog:
Offensive Clock

hatty posted:

Totally uninterested in armored core when someone said it is mission based and has literally no exploration

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

ymgve posted:

Totally uninterested in armored core when someone said it is mission based and has literally no exploration

... It's an Armored Core game.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here

hatty posted:

lmao. no one on this forum would care about this game if it wasn't for the maker. a lot of people are going to force themselves to like it to fit in.

GimmickMan
Dec 27, 2011

i cant believe armored core isnt just like dark souls they even mentioned fire in the reveal trailer and everything

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

HA! HA! NICE! WHAT A TOOL!

Waltzing Along posted:

lmao. no one on this forum would care about this game if it wasn't for the maker.
...Is this a bad reason?

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here

No Wave posted:

...Is this a bad reason?

Yes.

External Organs
Mar 3, 2006

One time i prank called a bear buildin workshop and said I wanted my mamaws ashes put in a teddy from where she loved them things so well... The woman on the phone did not skip a beat. She just said, "Brang her on down here. We've did it before."
Exploring sucks, can I shoot a lot of rockets instead

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro

Waltzing Along posted:

lmao. no one on this forum would care about this game if it wasn't for the maker. a lot of people are going to force themselves to like it to fit in.

Yes Im excited that the maker of armored core made an armored core game. what a strange comment

hatty fucked around with this message at 19:21 on Aug 24, 2023

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

HA! HA! NICE! WHAT A TOOL!
You're interested in it for the wrong reasons, like a track record of making good games.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Waltzing Along posted:

I have been playing Armored Core since the PS1. FromSoft, before they got famous for the Souls games, were the "awesome mecha game" company to me. They made Armored Core, Another Century's Episode and Metal Wolf Chaos and were loving good at it.

gently caress, I was excited for Demon's Souls because I liked King's Field.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

Waltzing Along posted:

Whack post OP.

GimmickMan
Dec 27, 2011

they called the first armored core armored core 6

1stGear
Jan 16, 2010

Here's to the new us.
Can you imagine expecting a game to be good just because their developer has made a bunch of excellent games? Sicko poo poo.

Anyway, how's Team Cherry doing? Super psyched for Silksong, it's gonna be great.

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

1stGear posted:

Anyway, how's Team Cherry doing?

https://i.imgur.com/tcWvapA.gifv

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

CaptainRat
Apr 18, 2003

It seems the secret to your success is a combination of boundless energy and enthusiastic insolence...

Waltzing Along posted:

I don't just want to get in my dunk on this (though I do), but this is a strange perspective to me because the older I get, the more I care about who is making something. If Silksong were being made by someone other than the original creators I would have no interest in it; if Team Cherry were instead to make a wildly different game instead of a Hollow Knight follow-up I would be interested in that because it's Team Cherry and they made something I enjoy (this is, after all, how Supergiant operates, and I seem to remember that Hades was popular). The value, the meaning, the quality in a created work is tied not to its form or genre or brand but to the creative forces behind it. So yes, no poo poo I care about a mecha game being made by Fromsoft.

1stGear
Jan 16, 2010

Here's to the new us.
plz stop posting nude hornet, this is a family forum

PantsBandit
Oct 26, 2007

it is both a monkey and a boombox
Nude. Hornet.

This is not suitable for work, are you sure?

Mmmhmmm!

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

What did you say the strategy was?
Blasphemous 2 is out? Going to have to resist buying it for a bit...

Edit it's only 25 pounds??

Arrhythmia
Jul 22, 2011
Video games are usually significantly lighter.

Dukes Mayo Clinic
Aug 31, 2009
https://i.imgur.com/tcWvapA.mp4

ymgve
Jan 2, 2004

Offensive Clock

ImpAtom posted:

... It's an Armored Core game.

Yeah I have never played or looked into AC games but some souls folks tested it and liked it so I considered it until they mentioned those details. I knew it wasn’t a Soulslike, but that’s even less Soulslike than I expected.

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

Waltzing Along posted:

hmm yes, rolling around as a giant robot armed with four death cannons raining hellfire from above on enemy giant robots is something that nobody likes and people will only pretend to enjoy to fit in

lih
May 15, 2013

Just a friendly reminder of what it looks like.

We'll do punctuation later.

ymgve posted:

Yeah I have never played or looked into AC games but some souls folks tested it and liked it so I considered it until they mentioned those details. I knew it wasn’t a Soulslike, but that’s even less Soulslike than I expected.

nioh 2 is one of the best non-from soulslike there is and it has a mission structure instead of an interconnected world so idk why that of all things would be what you'd take issue with

there are some superficial similarities between ac6 and the souls games (some design decisions clearly show the influence of their work over the past decade) but it really doesn't play very similarly at all, it's very much its own beast. you get to enjoy learning how to play all over again just like the very first souls game you played

Your Uncle Dracula
Apr 16, 2023
can we get a hat wobble on hornet

Nioh 2 is a good game.

goblin week
Jan 26, 2019

Absolute clown.

Bug Squash posted:

It's a little disappointing that Crowsworn were so derivative in their art style, but I can respect the hustle that they got a legion of gamers to crowd fund their game for an absurd amount of money. It's just a Pavlovian reflex: see dark fantasy small animals, pour out money.

hehe

Cactus
Jun 24, 2006

Mymla posted:

You're describing steam early access.

Shhh! Don't give the game away! You can't call it what it is!

I couldn't get into Nioh, something about the combat system just didn't click with me.

ymgve
Jan 2, 2004

Offensive Clock

lih posted:

nioh 2 is one of the best non-from soulslike there is and it has a mission structure instead of an interconnected world so idk why that of all things would be what you'd take issue with

there are some superficial similarities between ac6 and the souls games (some design decisions clearly show the influence of their work over the past decade) but it really doesn't play very similarly at all, it's very much its own beast. you get to enjoy learning how to play all over again just like the very first souls game you played

nioh 2 still has a lot of exploration in the mini-levels that make up a mission. it sounds like ac6 just has "here's the mission objective, go here"

btw blasphemous 2 is good. love the multiple weapon concent though I haven't found a combat use for the quickest weapon yet

NoMas
Oct 2, 2013

Man Moth!?
nobody post after this line until the game comes out:

----------------------dead game------------------shovel ware------------------------------------------------lies----------------------------------------------------------

Skrill.exe
Oct 3, 2007

"Bitcoin is a new financial concept entirely without precedent."
During the Mario Wonder Direct yesterday YouTube had the Silksong demo in the suggested videos on the right. Any guesses as to when that came out?

4 loving years ago lol

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
Remember when they said it would be out 2 months ago?

Captain France
Aug 3, 2013
Clearly, it's already out, just very well hidden inside another game, possibly also waiting for someone to press a button in some woods somewhere, Frog Fractions 3 style.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Whitenoise Poster
Mar 26, 2010

Silksong is hidden somewhere in Deltarune chapters 3, 4, or 5. Those chapters are in turn hidden in the pc port of Bloodborn.