Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

That was pretty intense, huh?

bushisms.txt posted:

https://screenrant.com/rebel-moon-set-visit-interview-ed-skrein/

"And hierarchical, whatever the word is, he is completely, he runs a communist set. Don't quote me on that. That's a bad quote. But he's like, you know, it's a set of equality, or rather, it seems like it's a set of equality,"

The discourse is coming! The discourse is coming!

[edit] Lol, gently caress this snipe.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007
This thing better get a uhd release once the directors cuts are ready

Megaman's Jockstrap
Jul 16, 2000

What a horrible thread to have a post.
We still haven't gotten Army of the Dead UHD...although tbh I'm not sure I want to own it, there's good action there but it's such a maudlin and bleak movie in so many ways.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

bushisms.txt posted:

https://screenrant.com/rebel-moon-set-visit-interview-ed-skrein/

"And hierarchical, whatever the word is, he is completely, he runs a communist set. Don't quote me on that. That's a bad quote. But he's like, you know, it's a set of equality, or rather, it seems like it's a set of equality,"

He has a five year plan for his films

josh04
Oct 19, 2008

"THE FLASH IS THE REASON
TO RACE TO THE THEATRES"

This title contains sponsored content.

Megaman's Jockstrap posted:

We still haven't gotten Army of the Dead UHD...although tbh I'm not sure I want to own it, there's good action there but it's such a maudlin and bleak movie in so many ways.

The dream lens would be so buttery smooth though...

Jimbot
Jul 22, 2008

RBA Starblade posted:

He has a five year plan for his films

Funny enough, he did with his Justice League films.

Hell yes Comrade Snyder!

Miching Mallecho
May 24, 2010

:yeshaha:
Comrade Snyder
:hai:

My man :unsmith:

Snowman_McK
Jan 31, 2010

Megaman's Jockstrap posted:

I've said it before but I don't say clever sounding things often so I'll repeat it: Dawn of the Dead is about the morning of 9/11. Army of the Dead is waking up one day and the war on terror is 20 years old.

ghostwritingduck
Aug 26, 2004

"I hope you like waking up at 6 a.m. and having your favorite things destroyed. P.S. Forgive me because I'm cuter than that $50 wire I just ate."
Dune Part II got delayed until next year, which will probably help this one stand out.

well why not
Feb 10, 2009

lol at Ed Skrein fuelling the discourse for another 100 years

Bogus Adventure
Jan 11, 2017

More like "Bulges Adventure"

Miching Mallecho posted:

Comrade Snyder
:hai:

My man :unsmith:

JonathonSpectre
Jul 23, 2003

I replaced the Shermatar and text with this because I don't wanna see racial slurs every time you post what the fuck

Soiled Meat

Look at that loving poo poo-eating grin when Cyborg is about to throw him.

God drat I love this Justice League and it's a crime against humanity we won't see them again.

This is my favorite part of the whole thing.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KPRnJkIMEWQ

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

JonathonSpectre posted:

Look at that loving poo poo-eating grin when Cyborg is about to throw him.

God drat I love this Justice League and it's a crime against humanity we won't see them again.

This is my favorite part of the whole thing.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KPRnJkIMEWQ

I’ll never believe people who call these movies dour. This is quite possibly the most optimistic movie Batman moment in his nearly 80 years of cinema appearances.

AlternateAccount
Apr 25, 2005
FYGM

Detective No. 27 posted:

I’ll never believe people who call these movies dour. This is quite possibly the most optimistic movie Batman moment in his nearly 80 years of cinema appearances.

His change in outlook and persona over the Snyder movies is one of my favorite things. It’s so good, and that line and moment is the capstone.

shoeberto
Jun 13, 2020

which way to the MACHINES?
I had such a viscerally negative reaction to Ben Affleck being cast as Batman originally, and I feel bad about it now that I watched through the Snyder stuff. He really nailed this version of Bruce Wayne the whole way through.

Bogus Adventure
Jan 11, 2017

shoeberto posted:

I had such a viscerally negative reaction to Ben Affleck being cast as Batman originally, and I feel bad about it now that I watched through the Snyder stuff. He really nailed this version of Bruce Wayne the whole way through.

It was hard not to given how hard Daredevil bombed, and he's done enough turkeys that he's an easy punchline. But Zack needed to cast a Batman who he knew would be down with turkey time to maintain canon.

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007
From "if there's even a one percent chance" to "faith alfred!"

Bogus Adventure
Jan 11, 2017

Batman is the Saul/Paul of the Snyder Cycle. He hated Superman and his believers, blinded by hatred until the scales fell from his eyes when confronted with the fact that he had become the monster he dedicated his life fighting against. He spent the rest of his time evangelizing the need for Superman, even when Superman himself was unsure.

It owns, Ben owns, and I loving love these movies.

AlternateAccount
Apr 25, 2005
FYGM

Bogus Adventure posted:

Batman is the Saul/Paul of the Snyder Cycle.

Literally came to post exactly this.

Even as he’s about to get blasted, he’s not thinking of himself. “No… the world needs you.” No thought of self.

Mandrel
Sep 24, 2006

guys, I just... I love Zack Snyder

Bogus Adventure
Jan 11, 2017

AlternateAccount posted:

Even as he’s about to get blasted, he’s not thinking of himself. “No… the world needs you.” No thought of self.

It's such a great take on Bruce/Batman, and Ben plays it so well.

Mandrel posted:

guys, I just... I love Zack Snyder

:same:

GoldStandardConure
Jun 11, 2010

I have to kill fast
and mayflies too slow

Pillbug
My partners boss is married to a movie producer, and when their boss was in LA they had the chance to meet Zack Snyder as her husband was at some event where he must have been screening Rebel Moon to various producers or whatever. She didn't go as she didn't know who he was (and I think is mostly bored by her husbands work).

We sent her some photos of Snyder and she is now full of regret that she didn't get the chance to meet him.

garycoleisgod
Sep 27, 2004
Boo

AlternateAccount posted:

And in the planned, but sadly never to be made sequels, he would redeem Superman by sacrificing himself. Which, if you take the overly simplistic Superman=Jesus readings of the films at face value*, would mean Man giving his life for Jesus, which is not quite how it went in the bible.

* My reading of the films has been that while people certainly react to Superman like he's a god, the simple truth is that he's a man with godlike powers and all the worship is just as big a problem as dudes like Luthor gunning for him, it really puts him off. Take his facial reaction to the worship from the people in this scene, he is clearly not ok with it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rsWGdZoo1xY

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

So, any of you have fought a Mr Meeseeks in Fortnite?

McCloud
Oct 27, 2005

https://twitter.com/emopunkloser/status/1694693274127114501?t=bEtzftthdu5gExM6_XgtNg&s=19

Bongo Bill
Jan 17, 2012

"Don't quote me on that," said man quoted on that.

KVeezy3
Aug 18, 2005

Airport Music for Black Folk
Am I down bad enough to watch both cuts of this rebellious moon? uhh probably.

Miching Mallecho
May 24, 2010

:yeshaha:
I'll probably watch the PG-13 version after the R version, just to see what changed.

I always laugh at people complaining about movie length when it's a movie that's debuting on a streaming platform and you can watching it in chunks if you want and at home.

And I know there's going to be articles on rebel moon being too long :jerkbag:

Jimbot
Jul 22, 2008

I blame the rise of the whole "rise and grind" culture. Going to a movie is an afternoon or evening trip. I don't know why anyone would be in such a hurry to go home. Ultimately, these arbitrary length thresholds really only exist to complain about directors you already don't like.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Watching a movie in chunks sucks, really kills the momentum or energy of it for me

MacheteZombie posted:

From "if there's even a one percent chance" to "faith alfred!"

Interestingly I also go from "if there's even a one percent chance" to "faith!" when I send my rookies to go die in XCOM

I'm sure they can take that muton on just fine

Space Fish
Oct 14, 2008

The original Big Tuna.

RBA Starblade posted:

Interestingly I also go from "if there's even a one percent chance" to "faith!" when I send my 1-health mechs in Advance Wars

I'm sure they can take that medium tank just fine

Fixed that for... me?

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Space Fish posted:

Fixed that for... me?

Flak mains rise up

josh04
Oct 19, 2008

"THE FLASH IS THE REASON
TO RACE TO THE THEATRES"

This title contains sponsored content.

RBA Starblade posted:

Watching a movie in chunks sucks, really kills the momentum or energy of it for me

Interestingly I also go from "if there's even a one percent chance" to "faith!" when I send my rookies to go die in XCOM

*Magneto voice* In chess, the pawns go first!

checkplease
Aug 17, 2006

Smellrose
Yeah watching a movie in chunks isn’t ideal, but that’s life sometimes. Though at least ZSJL had nice chapter divisions

shoeberto
Jun 13, 2020

which way to the MACHINES?
I watch movies in chunks constantly because I both have ADHD and a toddler. I don't sit still very easily during what little free time I have.

I've gotten pretty good at finding decent spots to stop though tbh.

checkplease
Aug 17, 2006

Smellrose
Yeah kids have made 3 hour movies at home impossible. Or even 2 is difficult currently. The rare long theater show is a treat.

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

RBA Starblade posted:

Was talking about xcom with someone else earlier today, may have to fire that up again

checkplease
Aug 17, 2006

Smellrose
XCOM is all about anger management with those insanely bad rolls

Grendels Dad
Mar 5, 2011

Popular culture has passed you by.

checkplease posted:

XCOM is all about anger management with those insanely bad rolls

The German name for parcheesi roughly translates back into English to "Man, don't be angry" (Mensch, ärgere dich nicht) and the people behind XCOM seemed to know and like that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr. Apollo
Nov 8, 2000

garycoleisgod posted:

* My reading of the films has been that while people certainly react to Superman like he's a god, the simple truth is that he's a man with godlike powers and all the worship is just as big a problem as dudes like Luthor gunning for him, it really puts him off. Take his facial reaction to the worship from the people in this scene, he is clearly not ok with it.
Right, Clark doesn't see himself as a god (even though everyone else does) and he's aware of the limitations of his powers. He knows that he can't save everyone all the time but people expect him to. He's not afraid to examine his failings and they trouble him.

A lot of viewers wanted some perfect Superman that can save everyone all the time and isn't bothered or doesn't acknowledge any failings. They want their Superman to eat his hero cake and ignore the wailing of the drowning horses.