Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: weg, Toxic Mental)

tiaz
Jul 1, 2004

PICK UP THAT PRESENT.

Zelensky's Zealots

NihilCredo posted:

... I know it's a joke, but now I wonder: are historical Sims mods a thing? 'Cause I can see them being a neat educational game. Manage the life of a Roman familia with patrons, clients, and slaves. Manage Gilded Age miners and factory workers and see the hell their lives are. And so forth.

Not sure, but it would still be a toy. I mean, consider how accurately it represents modern life, where you get trapped in a gazebo for 36 hours, soiling yourself several times before the refrigerator blocking your path vanishes to the shadow realm and you then drown in a pool because someone removed the ladders but not the diving board.
........ you know actually yeah let's get started on this

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CAT INTERCEPTOR
Nov 9, 2004

Basically a male Margaret Thatcher

WAR CRIME GIGOLO posted:

How am I going to source that exactly? We're talking about a tank operation that started at 2:00AM Ukraine time today. There are no videos. There are no confirmations. This is an ongoing operation with the strictest op sec in the theater currently

Just wait a day or two you'll get a source eventually

I'm gonna ask you again - What. Is. Your. Source?

Posting a rumour telegram or Twitter is perfectly fine, c'mon

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
Look my uncle works for Zelensky I can't say any more

spankmeister
Jun 15, 2008

WAR CRIME GIGOLO posted:

How am I going to source that exactly? We're talking about a tank operation that started at 2:00AM Ukraine time today. There are no videos. There are no confirmations. This is an ongoing operation with the strictest op sec in the theater currently

Surely you're not getting this from divine inspiration. You are reading this somewhere. People would like to know where. It's a simple question.

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
Twitters that translate Russian telegrams posted video from Russian sources that imply poo poo is going down.

Edit: I can't vouch for the validity of any of the tweets, just going to wait for it too

RandomPauI fucked around with this message at 06:32 on Aug 25, 2023

Cugel the Clever
Apr 5, 2009
I LOVE AMERICA AND CAPITALISM DESPITE BEING POOR AS FUCK. I WILL NEVER RETIRE BUT HERE'S ANOTHER 200$ FOR UKRAINE, SLAVA
This is your weekly reminder that some Russian sources will drastically upsell the scale and success of any Ukrainian action, not only to demand more resources for the invasion from their leadership, but to get us pro-Ukraine folks echoing to those around us proclamations of imminent glorious victories that were never actually in the cards. It's part of a deliberate strategy to sow uncertainty, doubt, and despondency in the West.

Hence why we're probably better off just waiting for better sources.

WAR CRIME GIGOLO
Oct 3, 2012

The Hague
tryna get me
for these glutes

CAT INTERCEPTOR posted:

I'm gonna ask you again - What. Is. Your. Source?

Posting a rumour telegram or Twitter is perfectly fine, c'mon

So what is this a mod demand for sources? Am I going to get probed from the GBS Thread? Because I thought this was intended to be not D&D?

Russia wowing about "overwhelming vehicles and NATOs army mustering 500 vehicles/drones

https://reddit.com/r/UkraineWarVideoReport/s/M8BfQqu1Te

You'll have to watch it a few times. But it's a convoy on the move captured by a Russian drone.

Tokmak explosions yesterday -

https://www.reddit.com/r/UkraineWar...web2x&context=3

The unit that is on the move is the 82nd Air Assault. They have a brigade of 15 Challenger 2s as well as strykers, murders, a d m113s. Yes those aren't tanks. But Ukraine has been holding back quite a bit of it's western equipped brigades and not dedicating them to the counter attack so far.

Even the sources I've provided in my opinion don't give the subject matter Justice and you have to actually know what the unit compositions are down to the individual brigade/division to be able to determine what is actually happening. I'm not able to provide you a video of a Challenger to rolling up to Tokmak. I simply know the composition of a unit that is in the area and has arrived in the area as of couple days ago. Seeing that unit arrive and then a mechanized operation being conducted two to three days later means I can just put the two dots together in a fairly simple manner. I mean these things are announced. If you spend enough time staring at the battlefield in the front lines you kind of know which units are where when and why. And what those units are meant to do.

Ukrainians are using now the Western equipped brigades to punch a bigger hole in the salient that is currently existing. And I've been saying for like a week or two Russia retreating back to its next line of defense is a critical moment for the war effort because if they cannot do it effectively they are going to lose. Those trenches are not filled with soldiers ready to fight ukrainians. They need the soldier from the first line to come in and reinforce the small amount of reserves that they actually have in their.

aniviron
Sep 11, 2014

I am always skeptical of sourceless stuff too but I feel like WAR CRIME GIGOLO delivers more often than not in cases beyond, like, wild speculation about hitting rail yards a thousand kilometers from the front lines.

WAR CRIME GIGOLO
Oct 3, 2012

The Hague
tryna get me
for these glutes

Ukrainian shamans beamed visions of the Frontline into my head. I didn't want to tell you all because I knew you wouldn't believe it but the truth must be revealed

They showed me Zelensky gigantic penis

Doccers
Aug 15, 2000

Patron Saint of Chickencheese
https://twitter.com/visegrad24/status/1694849613776232893

Been seeing poo poo since around noon today my time (pacific) that Ukraine had pushed much farther and faster than I would have expected, from russian channels, Ukrainian channels are dead silent or talking about "other things".

Punkinhead
Apr 2, 2015

There's way too much information to decode the sources. You get used to it. I don't even see the source. All I see is trenches, armored columns, explosions in Tokmak.

spankmeister
Jun 15, 2008

WAR CRIME GIGOLO posted:

Ukrainian shamans beamed visions of the Frontline into my head. I didn't want to tell you all because I knew you wouldn't believe it but the truth must be revealed

If only we could all see. You are blessed.

HolHorsejob
Mar 14, 2020

Portrait of Cheems II of Spain by Jabona Neftman, olo pint on fird

WAR CRIME GIGOLO posted:

aniviron
Sep 11, 2014

WAR CRIME GIGOLO posted:

I thought they were saving the giant penis to put on the statue with the sword, the one that got decommunized.

WAR CRIME GIGOLO
Oct 3, 2012

The Hague
tryna get me
for these glutes

aniviron posted:

I am always skeptical of sourceless stuff too but I feel like WAR CRIME GIGOLO delivers more often than not in cases beyond, like, wild speculation about hitting rail yards a thousand kilometers from the front lines.

Just by the way. Ill admit. I was wrong about the way the rails would get hosed. I wasn't wrong about the criticality of Russian rail. Russian gas prices are sky rocketing die to rail delays even when the refinery is miles down the road.

Oh and:

https://www.seafoodsource.com/news/supply-trade/russian-dam-collapse-cuts-off-cargo-rail-link-to-far-east

spankmeister
Jun 15, 2008

aniviron posted:

I thought they were saving the giant penis to put on the statue with the sword, the one that got decommunized.

Zelensky is going to make love to the statue when Ukraine is finally victorious

McGavin
Sep 18, 2012

WAR CRIME GIGOLO posted:

Just by the way. Ill admit. I was wrong about the way the rails would get hosed. I wasn't wrong about the criticality of Russian rail. Russian gas prices are sky rocketing die to rail delays even when the refinery is miles down the road.

Oh and:

https://www.seafoodsource.com/news/supply-trade/russian-dam-collapse-cuts-off-cargo-rail-link-to-far-east

Whenever I want to catch up on current events, I also go straight to seafoodsource.com.

WAR CRIME GIGOLO
Oct 3, 2012

The Hague
tryna get me
for these glutes

McGavin posted:

Whenever I want to catch up on current events, I also go straight to seafoodsource.com.

Set
Oct 30, 2005

aniviron posted:

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

McGavin posted:

Yeah that site is a little fishy.

TEMPLE GRANDIN OS
Dec 10, 2003

...blyat
don't be so crabby he's dredging up what he can, clam up!

Stubear St. Pierre
Feb 22, 2006

Coquito Ergo Sum posted:

I realized it could be taken the wrong way, but I was mocking the kind of people who seemed to think that preschools should be bombed because they saw a rune patch on a Ukrainian soldier.

Nah I knew you were kidding, it's almost more of a note to myself than anything else. I also really liked when Trump brushed aside his advisors and bombed Syria after al Assad nerve gassed his own civilians, despite everyone hand wringing about escalating with Russia (especially ironic given the broader context of this thread). They're all still assholes though. God help us all next November :v:

celewign posted:

What the gently caress

It's a great game if you can get past the horrible pay-to-win grind, just have to be careful when you're dive bombing

tiaz
Jul 1, 2004

PICK UP THAT PRESENT.

Zelensky's Zealots

:laffo:

CAT INTERCEPTOR
Nov 9, 2004

Basically a male Margaret Thatcher

WAR CRIME GIGOLO posted:

So what is this a mod demand for sources? Am I going to get probed from the GBS Thread? Because I thought this was intended to be not D&D?

I'm a mod of a dumb rear end car forum and not GBS - I was asking you as a poster thats getting frustrated with zero sourcing and pointing it's fine to post rumour sources rather just willy nilly Zelenskyy is personally dealing death with a switchblade. We're big kids here we can makeup our own minds about where the shitposting comes from.

And you know maybe I'ld like to follow said source if I'm not already?

HolHorsejob
Mar 14, 2020

Portrait of Cheems II of Spain by Jabona Neftman, olo pint on fird

CAT INTERCEPTOR posted:

I'm a mod of a dumb rear end car forum and not GBS - I was asking you as a poster thats getting frustrated with zero sourcing and pointing it's fine to post rumour sources rather just willy nilly Zelenskyy is personally dealing death with a switchblade. We're big kids here we can makeup our own minds about where the shitposting comes from.

And you know maybe I'ld like to follow said source if I'm not already?

WCG is like if Tom Clancy and Igor Sushko had a baby inside the head of a dude that absentmindedly ate the whole bag of edibles

Der Kyhe
Jun 25, 2008

HolHorsejob posted:

WCG is like if Tom Clancy and Igor Sushko had a baby inside the head of a dude that absentmindedly ate the whole bag of edibles

And yet WCG's track record on oracle-like predictions seem to hit more often than miss.

Toxic Mental
Jun 1, 2019

You’re not going to get probed but sources would be the sensible and normal thing to help cut down on white noise and help the thread stay credible

Post ‘‘em if you got ‘em broski

Drone_Fragger
May 9, 2007

Putin and Prigozhin were in a dacha making war crimes and i saw the war crimes and one of the war crimes looked at me

Comstar
Apr 20, 2007

Are you happy now?
I suspect the Russian's put a lot more mines into the first defence line, and instead of treating it like a 1st line of 3, they just put everything they had into the first one.

The 3rd line around Tokamok will be a lot easier.

bad_fmr
Nov 28, 2007

Isn't posting links or sources forbidden here because of ~bloodlust~?

god please help me
Jul 9, 2018
I LOVE GIVING MY TAX MONEY AND MY PERSONAL INCOME TO UKRAINE, SLAVA

bad_fmr posted:

Isn't posting links or sources forbidden here because of ~bloodlust~?

This is what I recall as well. Hence posting links to Telegram, Reddit, and even Twitter on occasion is forbidden just in case some stranger in the comments section posts something that could be considered bloodlusting. And also NAFO was banned too for being cringe(?).

Also weg, did you buy me this custom title? How do you know that I love to send all of my personal income to Ukraine? :ukraine:

spankmeister
Jun 15, 2008

Oh yeah there might be some bloodlust 10 posts down from the post you've linked.

Toxic Mental
Jun 1, 2019

NAFO poo poo was banned because it trivialized war and death and was often horndogging for those things too. Also it is insanely cringe but not in a fun harmless way but often in a creepy too-online way.

Sources are fine as long as they don’t have directly violent poo poo in them. Obviously you should be really careful and watch your linked videos fully and view the comments to clear them. As for sourcing “it’s via telegram” or “via Twitter” is at least better than nothing and if people want to search twitter for “tohmak” they’ll probably find what WCG is talking about.

Also I think in general stuff like pics of Bucha are a gray area since I look at them along the lines of any other historical war photo, like Vietnam or Gettysburg or something. I think a strong warning, no direct link, and nothing gory is probably a reasonable ask.

What we don’t want is hardstyle soundtracks of people getting blown up by mines and whatnot, which is obvious.

Icept
Jul 11, 2001

spankmeister posted:

Oh yeah there might be some bloodlust 10 posts down from the post you've linked.

lmao yea people trying to get others in trouble after doomscrolling some twitter post about war and then getting war stuff back.

Xenocides
Jan 14, 2008

This world looks very scary....

tiaz posted:

Not sure, but it would still be a toy. I mean, consider how accurately it represents modern life, where you get trapped in a gazebo for 36 hours, soiling yourself several times before the refrigerator blocking your path vanishes to the shadow realm and you then drown in a pool because someone removed the ladders but not the diving board.
........ you know actually yeah let's get started on this

Someone already tried making it real.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MMXME2pm83c

RBA-Wintrow
Nov 4, 2009

Clapping Larry
RIP Prigozhin. BUKed a flight and died.

Horrorosaurus
Oct 22, 2010

Der Kyhe posted:

And yet WCG's track record on oracle-like predictions seem to hit more often than miss.

This. Also while I'd very much like to have sources included I can't blame anyone for not linking to X threads because these things come up pretty fast and if you want to be the one to break some good news (which, yeah, would be an even better reason to source correctly) but don't want to eat a probe, you'd either have to scroll through entire threads and vids because rules, no matter how simple they may seem when listed by a mod, have a history of being a bit loving vague and annoying once someone with tankie brain syndrome barges in calling out bloodlust when they see a Russian soldier drinking his own pee.

Tai
Mar 8, 2006

Toxic Mental posted:

NAFO poo poo was banned because it trivialized war and death and was often horndogging for those things too. Also it is insanely cringe but not in a fun harmless way but often in a creepy too-online way.

NAFO never trivialized war. It's sole and only purpose was making people push back at Russian disinformation that was wide spread at the start of this war. It got banned because it triggered a group of people.

Tai
Mar 8, 2006
Look into my eyes, look into the eyes, the eyes, the eyes, not around the eyes, don't look around the eyes, look into my eyes... (clicks) you're under

Challenger 2's are coming

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Der Kyhe
Jun 25, 2008

Tai posted:

NAFO never trivialized war. It's sole and only purpose was making people push back at Russian disinformation that was wide spread at the start of this war. It got banned because it triggered a group of people.

Yes, full ridicule to battle and dismerit the Russian disinformation campaign and the "just asking questions" Twitter tankies and other useful idiots. Because the Russian "firehose of lies" doesn't really work against being made fun off, only against someone trying to argue for facts and truthfulness in reporting.